Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m (3277 Views)

EFCC Uncovers Alleged Theft Of Another N40billion By Ex-nimasa DG, Akpobolokemi / AIT Chairman Charged To Court Over Claimed $2bn Arms Bargain Extortion [PHOTOS] / N180M Fraud: Court Frees Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2010
[size=15pt]Alleged theft of N104m: ICPC files charges against Ogbulafor, others
[/size]

Written by Isa Umar Gusau
Monday, 19 April 2010 23:35
[PDP national chairman Prince Vincent Ogbulafor]

PDP national chairman Prince Vincent Ogbulafor
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has slammed a 16-count charge of alleged N104million fraud against PDP national chairman Prince Vincent Ogbulafor in his days as minister of state for special duties in 2001.

Prosecutors filed the charge yesterday at the FCT High Court, Maitama alleging Ogbulafor and four others, Emeka Ebilah, Henry Ikoh, Jude Nwokoro and Emmanuel C. Bosah, used three fictitious companies to siphon the money from government coffers.

According to the court papers, principal prosecution witness would try to prove that Ogbulafor and the others used Henrichiko Nig. Ltd, DHL Consultants, and Chekwas Industries to siphon N82.6 million, N11.5 million and N6.2 million respectively.

The prosecutors alleged that Ogbulafor, as head of the National Economic Intelligence Committee (NEIC), set up to verify debts owed local contractors, along with the others forged contract documents to show that the three companies had executed jobs worth N104 million.

Ogbulafor was also alleged to have received N2 million directly from the second accused person, Ebila, and another N28 million through Chris Nwoke.

The case will be assigned to a judge today by the Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory Justice Lawal Gumi.

The ICPC will be seeking court warrant to arrest Ogbulafor and the four other accused persons for prosecution, Daily Trust learnt.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17576:alleged-theft-of-n104m-icpc-files-charges-against-ogbulafor-others&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2010
This is the hand of Esau, but the voice of Jacob
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by olafolarin(m): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2010
I Hope He will Be Sent to jail like Olabode George.These are a few of the People OBJ recruited to lead PDP.They'll all meet their Waterloo come 2011.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by desgiezd(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2010
Na wah for this PDP ooo! Just today some newspapers reported that PDP governors were against plans to remove him from his PDP chairmanship post. Let's now see how he will not loose that position with this crime hanging on his neck
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by marvix(m): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2010
Howelse do we eject him from his chairmanship position and clear d way for our man to become president. Now he wld start begging for his life and not zoning formular, the beauty of Nigerian politics is that evry politician is corrupt but u will only be exposed at the right time, even Jonathan is no saint if Yaradua were to come back and wants to eject Jonathan u will all be surprised at the corruption charge against him and u bet he will be guilty.

That is y I particularly dont celebrate reports of corruption allegation because we are all corrupt, and we are all corrupt because d system requires us to be corrupt to move along.

If we dont correct the system that allows a jobless man in the park earning more than a man who is gainfully employed in d civil service, corruption will thrive, if activities of govt are not open up for transparency we will continue to c corruption and corruption really has to be well defined in this country because some things that come up as corruption are actually part of our culture and tradition of paying homage
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Rheinmetal(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2010
Seems like Jonathan is not banking on goodluck anymore. The guy has started demolishing the obstacles in his way to Aso Rock come 2011.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2010
2011 is going to be very interesting, the real actors are preparing to enter the stage.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by sjeezy8: 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
Politics in naija are crazy its as if every politician has some dirt on them and when they are not playing by the rules, its used aginst them.

Jonathan isnt playing any games jare carry on. Ogbulafor should have never been so anti jonathan by stating
"Goodluck should forget about 2011 elections"- that was soooo dumb of Ogbulafor.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by marvix(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2010
@sjeezy8 he is now paying 4 his sins nxt time he will weigh wateva he has 2 say b4 sayin it. He looked down on Jonathan now is d time 2 understand dat d gentleness of a lion does not portray weakness, sit back relax nd enjoy ur viewin
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by mistakay: 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
Holy Shit cheesy i bet he will be sent to that Abuja prison before a written bail application is submitted. Behold!! wadata plaza.A niger-deltan wants to be president at all costs.OBJ you are next cheesy
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by sjeezy8: 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
@marvix yes ohhh

politics in naija are never dry
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2010
the more things seems to change the more it stays the same
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by otokx(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2010
Only permanent interests - i love politics.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by SkyBlue1: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
marvix:

Howelse do we eject him from his chairmanship position and clear d way for our man to become president. Now he wld start begging for his life and not zoning formular, the beauty of Nigerian politics is that evry politician is corrupt but u will only be exposed at the right time, even Jonathan is no saint if Yaradua were to come back and wants to eject Jonathan u will all be surprised at the corruption charge against him and u bet he will be guilty.

That is y I particularly dont celebrate reports of corruption allegation because we are all corrupt, and we are all corrupt because d system requires us to be corrupt to move along.

If we dont correct the system that allows a jobless man in the park earning more than a man who is gainfully employed in d civil service, corruption will thrive, if activities of govt are not open up for transparency we will continue to c corruption and corruption really has to be well defined in this country because some things that come up as corruption are actually part of our culture and tradition of paying homage

Speak for yourself please. I just don't know why people like throwing everyone into the fire; is it a means of justifying or dealing with personal shortcomings?
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2010
bilymuse:

What does that mean?
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by violent(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2010
Sky Blue:

Speak for yourself please. I just don't know why people like throwing everyone into the fire; is it a means of justifying or dealing with personal shortcomings?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by snowdrops(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2010
About time if you ask me to rid the society of rogues.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Nigerd(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ Topic

I know that my Igbos brothers will now see this as a fight against the interest of the Igbo, but they should remember that James Onanefe IBORI is wanted by EFCC and the case has the support of the FG,
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by nethacker(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
more to go, ***eating popcorn while watching"Dawn of a new day in Nigeria" @ harkins theatre,Arizona ****
see dis guys jst dey blow money anyhow while almost all d sectors suffers setback cry cry
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
Kobojunkie

What does that mean?

It mean somebody is pulling the string behind the scene
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by chosen04(f): 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
marvix:

What is the essence of the bolded? to paint all of us Black?
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by joshO: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
Can't think of a single appointment made by Yar'adua that was based on competence!

This man was used, bullied by the governors into towing the line. He was only 'obeying orders' grin
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
Ogbulafor sinned against man and the Aso rock , when he erroneously excluded the present acting occupier, from the list of people allowed to contest the next presidential election. He needs to confess his sin and ask for forgiveness. Though his sin is  sacrilegious, unpardonable in biblical proportion.
The wages of sin is death.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Fhemmmy: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
Now the game has started and this will be fun, cant wait to see the last man standing
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by marvix(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2010
@skyblue wat did I say wrong u tink u aren't corrupt, d only question I hav 4 u is dat do u tink u are payin ur correct taxes nd if u buy pure water frm dose sch children hawkin it @ sch hrs den u are guilty of corruption.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by SkyBlue1: 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2010
marvix:

@skyblue wat did I say wrong u tink u aren't corrupt, d only question I hav 4 u is dat do u tink u are payin your correct taxes nd if u buy pure water frm dose sch children hawkin it @ sch hrs den u are guilty of corruption.

And you know I am guilty of such because? Wow. Again I have to advice, please speak for yourself and don't assume everyone is like you. Just because you might "pay homage" does not mean everybody does. Stop trying to use 'everybody does it' to justify your own possible short comings, it seems a tad pathetic. If you go and steal your neighbour's goat are you also going to claim that 'everybody does it' to make yourself feel better?
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by isimili: 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2010
Well this has been long in the pipeline. My only worry is that it will soon go away and we will never hear of it again. Lets see what happens.

I was quite shocked when it was reported that he bought a house for i think N400m in Abuja. Many Nigerians including me asked him to tell us the source of his money but nothing came of it. Some PDP members including the so called governors some of whom i think are down right crazy spoke up for him claiming that he has a privileged background.

Again when he overruled members of his party during the Anambra primaries and imposed a candidate on them after taking their expressions of interest money and application fees i thought that one of the candidates should have dragged him and his errant party to court but no one did. That is Nigeria for you. In my mind this man is untouchable. lets see what may change with Jonathan coming to power.God bless Nigeria. I feel privileged to be Nigeria. I saw a car sticker once in Jamaica which read" i love my country it is the government that i am afraid of"
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is BAD and I'll explain.

Vincent Ogbulafor is the PDP Chairman. He is holding that position as part of the PDP zoning arrangement which made Yar adua president, and Jonathan his vice. That arrangement ensured that the PDP chairmanship is the only visible position given to the Ndigbo (at least till 2015). Most of us (Igbo) didn't like that arrangement, and in fact felt insulted by it, we sulked and licked our wounds quietly.

When Ogbulafor echoed the PDP zoning arrangement which gave two 4 year terms of presidency to the north, he was only stating a simple fact as the custodian of the constitution of the party . He was NOT stating his personal views. For some people to start engineering his ouster based on that is grossly unfair and tantamount to punishing a child for speaking the truth.

If Jonathan wants to contest next years election, there is a PDP convention where party members can decide what they want to do with ALL positions (from Presidency to party chairman). Singling out Ogbulafor for being faithful to his office and his party's constitution is provocative, and sows a dangerous seed.

Like someone already pointed out, all Nigerian politicians have one skeleton or the other in their cupboards. This ill wind will not stop with Ogbulafor.

For the records, I DON'T like PDP or anything concerning PDP. But, PDP is in power and its activities (eg zoning) affect me by extension.

And I keep wondering why any position occupied by the Igbo is always targeted for ridicule.
Jonathan should stop listening to Obasanjo. angry angry angry
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by debosky(m): 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ Onlytruth

And what evidence do you have that this is 'punishment' for opening his mouth? Did he steal the 104m as part of his duties of being 'faithful' to his office?

I don't care about the 'motives' behind his prosecution - as long as he stole money, he is culpable for the punishment under the law.

People claimed OBJ was 'attacking' his enemies, yet we have never seen as many high ranking officials prosecuted as was observed in his time. Whatever will get the criminals in our political offices punished - be it the ambition of others or be it even vendettas, as long as the individuals being punished are guilty, long may it continue.

On the matter of his performance as PDP chairman, he has been an awful chairman - how Soludo was 'rigged' into candidacy for Anambra is a disgrace for the purported 'biggest party in Africa'. That a party that size and in power for so long is unable to conduct democratic primaries is an indictment on its leadership.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 11:05pm On Apr 21, 2010
debosky:

@ Onlytruth

And what evidence do you have that this is 'punishment' for opening his mouth? Did he steal the 104m as part of his duties of being 'faithful' to his office?

I don't care about the 'motives' behind his prosecution - as long as he stole money, he is culpable for the punishment under the law.

People claimed OBJ was 'attacking' his enemies, yet we have never seen as many high ranking officials prosecuted as was observed in his time. Whatever will get the criminals in our political offices punished - be it the ambition of others or be it even vendettas, as long as the individuals being punished are guilty, long may it continue.

On the matter of his performance as PDP chairman, he has been an awful chairman - how Soludo was 'rigged' into candidacy for Anambra is a disgrace for the purported 'biggest party in Africa'. That a party that size and in power for so long is unable to conduct democratic primaries is an indictment on its leadership.

I hope you know that Ogbulafor has been investigated for the same "crime" and cleared in 2004 when he was contesting for PDP secretary position (when he was a minister).
Everybody knows that this regurgitation is a result of his statement about the presidency remaining in the north till 2015. This is pure political victimization and has NOTHING to do with crime.

I really see trouble ahead because frankly the only way this won't backfire is if the north gives up on presidency in 2011, which I doubt. My concern is that this single post which Ndigbo are "enjoying" is about to go the way of senate presidency in the past. Whoever is after Ogbulafor should BACK OFF!. angry
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by debosky(m): 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

I hope you know that Ogbulafor has been investigated for the same "crime" and cleared in 2004 when he was contesting for PDP secretary position (when he was a minister).

Who 'cleared' him? Did the case go to court?

Everybody knows that this regurgitation is a result of his statement about the presidency remaining in the north till 2015. This is pure political victimization and has NOTHING to do with crime.

I know no such thing - all I know is that he is accused of stealing 104m, let him go to court and defend himself like the rest of us.

I really see trouble ahead because frankly the only way this won't backfire is if the north gives up on presidency in 2011, which I doubt. My concern is that this single post which Ndigbo are "enjoying" is about to go the way of senate presidency in the past. Whoever is after Ogbulafor should BACK OFF!. angry

This is sad - I wonder how much this 'enjoyment' has benefited you or Ndigbo. undecided

I'd rather have no representative than have one that is a thief just to be among those 'enjoying'.

Besides, after Salisu was removed for forgery, didn't a northerner take over from him in the House of Reps? Don't worry - your 'enjoyment' won't stop, someone else will simply start doing the 'enjoyment' on your behalf.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
debosky:

Who 'cleared' him? Did the case go to court? 

I know no such thing - all I know is that he is accused of stealing 104m, let him go to court and defend himself like the rest of us.

This is sad - I wonder how much this 'enjoyment' has benefited you or Ndigbo.  undecided

I'd rather have no representative than have one that is a thief just to be among those 'enjoying'.

Besides, after Salisu was removed for forgery, didn't a northerner take over from him in the House of Reps? Don't worry - your 'enjoyment' won't stop, someone else will simply start doing the 'enjoyment' on your behalf.

I hope you don't expect me to follow your logic here comparing a fraud like Salisu Buhari and a man like Ogbulafor who is more qualified than all the people that have ruled Nigeria till date.
If you are fair minded, you would ask why the investigation over a comparatively paltry N104 million must happen now, while all those who stole billions of dollars are walking around and even planning to contest elections next year. Why this trial 6 years after clearance ?
What I hate in Nigeria is this unfair treatment and double standards that is reserved for the politically weak in Nigeria.
Jonathan should be careful.

I don't support crime. However if all the thieves who wrecked Nigeria are walking around free, and Ogbulafor was walking around free until he restated the party's zoning position, how did he suddenly become indictable? What changed?
People openly speculated that Jonathan may start shopping for those who would bend the rules and allow his contest next year. Why didn't Jonathan wait till the conventions to sponsor his favorite candidate? Why must he humiliate Ogbulafor out of office? 
Like I said, this is witch hunt and leaves a bad taste.  cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMAGINE: WIPE Out The Whole N/delta For Peace To Reign. - Hon Bala Ibn Na’allah / Yoruba Cleric Caught With Human Parts In Ilorin / Michika LGA Falls To Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.