Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Buhari Backs State, Community Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Backs State, Community Police (18785 Views)

We Will Not Collapse Amotekun Into Community Police ― Akeredolu tells IG (Video) / Buhari Backs Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Blue3k2: 1:39am On Feb 09, 2018
docadams:

Blue3k don't take a bullet for another person. I know why I posed the question to the mofo that qouted me.
Your source is questionable. I am beginning to suspect you because the HOR didn't even put the issue to debate during their charade of constitunal reform.

https://leadership.ng/2017/07/22/wont-consider-state-police-bill-reps/.

You think GEJ mentioned state police in his confab or the confab considered state police in its report. OK. Whichever. But where is the confab report now?

How can my source be questionable when link you posted confirmed my source? Anyway it simply didn't make cut. They may take issue up again like devolution of power. Constutional Adment process is painfully slow since it will have to go get approved by state assemblies.

Jonathan failed not passing anything in his confab. He had his party in both houses. There's not much to say about confab now. The nass can simply pick and choose stuff they want to pass.

The House had in September 2016 passed the bill titled, ‘A Bill for an Act to Alter the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999) to provide for the Establishment of State Police and to Ensure Effective Community Policing in Nigeria and for other related matters’ for second reading

“We are not considering the Bill on State Police at the committee on the review of the 1999 constitution, the over 20 items we are working on didn’t include State Police. We cannot solve all the problems at the same time, what we have agreed to treat at the committee level are the items we considered in Lagos”, he said.

When asked if the legislature would consider it since state governors have set up a committee to that effect, Namdas said, “They are state governors, they can exercise their executive powers on this matter but at the legislative arms of government, we are not likely to consider it. We will leave it for another constitution review committee, maybe for the 9th Assembly to handle”, he stated.
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Johnnyessence(m): 3:16am On Feb 09, 2018
docadams:

Kindly provide your proof of such clamouring since 2016 or forever remain silent
you are Still pained baaaaa. you haven't see anything yet. besides Nigerians needs implementation and not talking from clueless president buhari. actions speak louder than words OK.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Ratello: 3:24am On Feb 09, 2018
Perge:
Deception to buy 2019 votes.

If you like give Biafra independence tomorrow, I'll still travel to the nearest Nigerian hamlet to vote your limp-dick gulping arse out in 2019.
Exactly my thought and sentiments. Mumu man pretending to be wise more like damage control gone wrong!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Johnnyessence(m): 3:24am On Feb 09, 2018
Blue3k2:

Here I'll help you out. I think Jonathan did mention state police in confab.
thanks for replying him.he is still a brainwashed Apc supporter that doesn't read papers. he's even arguing with me. he can't be satisfied cos' he has been brainwashed to this level.
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Opharhe: 3:26am On Feb 09, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go
The man in the eyes of the storm. He is for nobody but for everybody, indeed.

Hate or like him. Only PMB can bring about any serious constitutional changes. He may be slow ,justifiably so but when he is good to go even a thousand OBJ can't stand up to look him in the eyes to say NO Mr President, you can't do this.

Even in the famed 1st republic there was no state police(correct me if I am wrong). From then to the present, there has been this persistent call for state police. Never was there anytime a President acknowledge the need for a state police talk less of actively clamouring for one. Even the ineffectual boastful empty vessel OBJ, couldn't even summon the courage to whisper it to his own ears for fear of his lords. Not even the NASS could muster the courage to debate it when it was tabled last year.in the HOR

At last Uhuru is close. The pieces of restructuring gradually falling in their rightful places.. It is unfortunate we had to go through thiis painful and regrettable incidence to have a chance at having a state police .God bless our President.

But first, Mr President, the menace must be stopped in its track. We can't afford to loose more lives. Also sir, keep a close eye on that snake in green grass, Saraki. He is up to no good. And for those profiteering in one way or the other by posting fake stories online, be assured that your portion lies in HADES.
You're wrong o. We even had Local Govt Police in this country in the first republic. Yes, regional and local police existed in this country. Most of the prisons in Nigeria today were even originally belonging to the govts at the local level.

When we say restructuring, we're not asking for something new but for what we originally had or better, albeit suited for the present situations to produce better results.

It's a good thing this is coming from the President though but it's not enough. Now is time to follow words with concrete action.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by babestella: 4:27am On Feb 09, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go

Hate or like him. Only PMB can bring about any serious constitutional changes. He may be slow ,justifiably so but when he is good to go even a thousand OBJ can't stand up to look him in the eyes to say NO Mr President, you can't do this.

Even in the famed 1st republic there was no state police(correct me if I am wrong). From then to the present, there has been this persistent call for state police. Never was there anytime a President acknowledge the need for a state police talk less of actively clamouring for one. Even the ineffectual boastful empty vessel OBJ, couldn't even summon the courage to whisper it to his own ears for fear of his lords. Not even the NASS could muster the courage to debate it when it was tabled last year.in the HOR

At last Uhuru is close. The pieces of restructuring gradually falling in their rightful places.. It is unfortunate we had to go through thiis painful and regrettable incidence to have a chance at having a state police .God bless our President.

But first, Mr President, the menace must be stopped in its track. We can't afford to loose more lives. Also sir, keep a close eye on that snake in green grass, Saraki. He is up to no good. And for those profiteering in one way or the other by posting fake stories online, be assured that your portion lies in HADES.

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Guestlander: 4:51am On Feb 09, 2018
free2ryhme:

Nigeria is not ripe for state policing

They will become tool for politicians to harass opponents

Let them become tools for politicians. But remember to impeach or not vote for anyone who would use the police against his opponents. Too many people are dying to leave the problems as they are and do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Danchibez: 5:15am On Feb 09, 2018
Aspiregreat:
.“ Four years are not enough to show what the President can offer . We believe that another four years will bring out the best in him . The first four years are a very difficult period , and we believe that as things are stabilising , he will take Nigeria to the next level.

Can u listen to ur itself? I can see u r leveraging from dis slavery Nigerians r into now. 2019 is on d way...
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by whirlwind7(m): 5:56am On Feb 09, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go

You're just spitting so much hot air.
With all the lame praises you're heaping on the old dinosaur whose late action is just for him to secure a reelection. Same reason he's talking about restructuring now.
You must be harebrained to believe Buhari is taking these actions because he has your welfare at heart

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by omoluka: 6:11am On Feb 09, 2018
free2ryhme:

It is the same thing!
Is federal government not using police to harass Nigerians and their perceived political enemies ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Lightening: 6:22am On Feb 09, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go

Very poor laundry job. It is time for a new dawn.
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by comodo: 7:04am On Feb 09, 2018
As if they have not been using it before now. What we have is not working, why not try something else. We always refuse to make changes, kept doing the same thing that has never worked before. Country like USA has FBI, CIA, Homeland security, State Police etc and its working for them. Why not we give it a try.
free2ryhme:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by colestephan86: 7:52am On Feb 09, 2018
Politicians are like dippers, they should be changed all the time. But please dont vote for idiots
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 09, 2018
free2ryhme:

So Nigeria is ripe for the recent behaviours n stupidity of the present Nigerian Awusa police?

I'd prefer harassments from state police who are predominantly my tribes men than the Awusa Fulani led national police.
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by bettercreature(m): 9:00am On Feb 09, 2018
omojeesu:
Good idea. But must be well managed to prevent abuse.
Most south western state already has state police so i dont know what they are talking about maybe they want federal government to fund it
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by nuele(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2018
I bet these are Prof Osinbajo's opinions, not Buhari's
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by lordrah2020: 11:15am On Feb 09, 2018
dis dullard think say him get sense him just dey accept anything now later him turn tyrant, abeg tell say our eyes done clear
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 09, 2018
AreaFada2:

Lol. I'd have believed this as part of his presidential inaugural speech. But with election so close, Atiku having repeatedly openly voiced support for state police, I cannot take Bubu seriously on this.
He has also seen a rise in SW people asking for state police. He knows he has to pacify SW to win 2019 election. After winning he will change his tune. Even if he wanted to, Mamman Daura and cabal won't allow it.

Another scamming APC 2019 campaigns.

We read certain interviews during Buhari's over three months stayed in London for unknown illnesses. (Which they are yet to show taxpayers the real medical results of president Buhari's illnesses were funded by taxpayers money).

In that interview, the man disclosed on how the CHANGE slogan came about. How Mamman Daura and few others contemplating on to used INSECURITIES or CHANGE to deceiving Nigerians electorates to hijack the power of government for their selfish interests.

They came out with the CHANGE slogan, and Nigerians who are corrupt in selling their PVCs for recharge card or for Internet data connection, swallowed the so called APC scamming Change, without asking questions "How and When?"

This government brought Fulani herdsmen terrorists with government security agencies backups as one of the change they promised.

Atiku and PDP came out with RESTRUCTURING, APC and Buhari's cabals suddenly abandoning their CHANGE slogan.

Hope APC restructuring won't be the one to use their Fulani herdsmen to terrorizing everyone and bring worst deflation in Nigeria after 2019 elections?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crowd Hails Osinbajo During APC Rally In Abuja / Jonathan, Wike, Abaribe, Onunkwo, Yul Edochie Honoured At Magazine Launch In Awk / Police Officers Protest Unpaid Allowance After 7 Months Of Deployment In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.