Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today (3367 Views)

Lagos State And The Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law / Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 / Ondo State – Yoruba Ethnic Nationality Becoming More Complex!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by MrNigeria2018: 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
Yoruba Language preservation bill has successfully been passed today by Lagos state house of assembly.

Itesiwaju

God bless Lagos state
God bless South West
God bless All Omoluabis
God bless Yorubas at home and in diaspora

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Klinee: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2018
Sentimental bill!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by sonsomegrigbo: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
If only we value our culture like the people we are trying to be like, Africa would have developed....

I'm not talking about our blodas kind of development here ooo

10 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Omololu2121: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2018
Klinee:
Sentimental bill!
what is sentimental about the bill?

Please tell me

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Zgyn(m): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
Lol, and the Yørubas gets unsecured/triggered whenever anybody from the East promotes Igbo culture and achievements on Frontpage.

Bunch of clowns

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nonsense bill, they should also pass a bill for the Igbo speaking assembly men in the house too

Lagos state belongs to us all

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Throwback: 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
EODforce:
Nonsense bill, they should also pass a bill for the Igbo speaking assembly men in the house too

Only a bastard does not know where he belongs.

Let the minority pass their own bill naa. Or has anyone stopped them if they have the number?

The day Enugu or Anambra will belong to all Igbos, only then can you be taken serious outside your own tribal enclave. When you have already achieved integration within Igboland, you can then begin to seek integration among people you hate.

Clansmen looking for integration. Why not embrace the culture of where you are refugees so you can be integrated?

When in Rome, behave like the Romans.

42 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Throwback:

i am a bastard
. ok
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by resurgentxtian4: 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
EODforce:

Is everything okay with you? Don’t you know the way to your village?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by wakaman: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
Klinee:
Sentimental bill!

Yanmiri non progressives

11 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by wakaman: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
EODforce:

Yanmiri non progressives

18 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

is everything OK with me ? i think i am going mad, madness is in our family gene
. Alcatraz005, i have always known you to be an unstable fellow so am not surprise

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by PFRB: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Is everything okay with you? Don’t you know the way to your village?

Yet we say we are promoting one Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
wakaman:

my father's name is yanmiri that's why i am a bastard
. fixed
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by resurgentxtian4: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
EODforce:
. Alcatraz005, i have always known you to be an unstable fellow so am not surprise

I am first of all a Yoruba man before being a Nigerian so what are you on about?

What is your obsession with Lagos sef?

23 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

I am first of all a Yoruba man before being a Nigerian so what are you on about?

What is your obsession with Lagos sef?
. Lagos belongs to us all

we all have a stake in Lagos

got it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:52pm On Feb 08, 2018
EODforce:
. Lagos belongs to us all

we all have a stake in Lagos

got it?

Iyanlaiya e,

Omo Igbo

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 09, 2018
xxxx
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 12:21am On Feb 09, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

i am a bastard
. ok
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by DoTheNeedful: 12:47am On Feb 09, 2018
Klinee:
Sentimental bill!

Nobody is stopping you from passing similar bill in Anambra.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by deomelllo: 3:02am On Feb 09, 2018

Lagos Assembly Passes Bill On Use of Yoruba Language Into Law

The Lagos State House of Assembly has passed into law a Bill to promote the use of Yoruba Language in Lagos schools.

The Bill is entitled, “A Bill for a Law To Provide for the Preservation and Promotion of the Use of Yoruba Language and for Connected purposes.”

Speaking on the Bill, which passed through the third reading on Thursday during plenary, the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa directed the Clerk of the House, Mr. Sanni Azeez to pass it to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of the state for his assent

According to the Bill, it would be compulsory for all primary and secondary schools in the state to include teaching of Yoruba Language as a core subject at all levels.

The bill also provides that all the laws in the state would be translated into Yoruba Language.

Moreso, all state- owned tertiary institutions are to incorporate the use of Yoruba Language in the General Studies (GNS) courses.

It reads in part; “The use of Yoruba Language shall be an acceptable means of communication between individuals, establishment, corporate entities and government in the state if so desired by the concerned.
[/b]

[b]“It shall not be an offence for a person to speak Yoruba Language by the state government.”

It was added that any school that fails to comply with the provisions of Section 2 of the law commits an offence and is liable on first violation to issuance of warning and on subsequent violation be closed down and also pay a fine of N500,000.
Also, the acting Chairman, Committee on Education, Hon. Olanrewaju Ogunyemi had recently told journalists in an interview that the Lagos State House of Assembly is passionate about Yoruba Language, which is why it adopted the language for plenary on Thursdays.

According to him, “the National Policy on Education provides that the language of an environment should be spoken in schools, which is why Yoruba Language is being adopted in Lagos schools.

“After the passage, it is now incumbent on all stakeholders to ensure that everyone is allowed to speak Yoruba Language. We want to preserve the language for generations yet unborn.”

https://www.lagoshouseofassembly.gov.ng/2017/10/19/lagos-assembly-passes-bill-on-use-of-yoruba-language-into-law/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 3:21am On Feb 09, 2018
electricdangers:

i am a bastard and my mother is a hwhore,i am cursed from womb and i am going to die mysteriously. i will die this week
. sorry ,such a miserable life you lived, rip bro
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Pavore9: 5:20am On Feb 09, 2018
Nice one. We are all entitled to protect our culture, born and raised in Lagos where Yoruba was taught through primary school and first three years of secondary school but my parents made it their responsibility to see that ONLY igbo was the language of communication at home not even English and today being grounded in Igbo and the Yoruba language, it is a richer experience.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by doyinbaby(f): 5:27am On Feb 09, 2018
Igbo should also promote their culture as much as they want in their their land.......ha ha.....Yoruba will promote Yoruba language as much as we want in Yoruba land
...........let nobody get offended that we are promoting Yoruba language.....

14 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by OneCorner: 5:33am On Feb 09, 2018
Yorubas making igbos cry everyday grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by ChidiAlaigbo: 6:29am On Feb 09, 2018
PFRB:

Yet we say we are promoting one Nigeria?

Abeg go back to your village, you and who is promoting one Nigeria?

Ok go to Sokoto and promote one Nigerian with fulani herdsmen, Anumanu.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Throwback: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2018
Zgyn:
Lol, and the Yørubas gets unsecured/triggered whenever anybody from the East promotes Igbo culture and achievements on Frontpage.

Bunch of clowns

You are the one already feeling insecure.

The link below should calm your bigoted nerves.

www.thenationonlineng.net/obiano-makes-igbo-language-compulsory/, www. biatimes.com/2016/03/07/nigeria-igbo-language-now-compulsory-in-igbo-schools-governor-rochas-okorocha/, www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/university-make-igbo-language-compulsory-course-students

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:52am On Feb 09, 2018
Klinee:
Sentimental bill!
yeah, like the geran law requires you learn German, right?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Lipscomb(m): 8:28am On Feb 09, 2018
embarassedBastard non of those yebo lawmakers will return back in 2019.
EODforce:

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by DocHMD: 9:14am On Feb 09, 2018
Throwback:

Only a bastard does not know where he belongs.

Let the minority pass their own bill naa. Or has anyone stopped them if they have the number?

The day Enugu or Anambra will belong to all Igbos, only then can you be taken serious outside your own tribal enclave. When you have already achieved integration within Igboland, you can then begin to seek integration among people you hate.

Clansmen looking for integration. Why not embrace the culture of where you are refugees so you can be integrated?

When in Rome, behave like the Romans.

Are yoruba mooslems and christians 'integrated'? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodbye Fayose As Election Results Point To Fayemi / Sanwo-Olu Points Tinubu To ATM Alpha Beta Used To Milk Lagosians In London / Asiwaju Tinubu, APC Chieftain & Abdullahi Adamu, APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.