Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos (81233 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by princeaja(m): 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
Representing Ohafia!!! We r proud of u son!

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Azam101: 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

I knew he must be an Igbo man. Igbo Amaka!
Hmmm! Igbo kwenu

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Orpe7(m): 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
Flat heads ipob will not like this
Has he didnt go in a biafran jersey grin

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Deo1986(m): 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
manucho:

Bro I hate it when people just carry everything posted on this forum go tribe matter there's more to life now than fighting for people doing well for themselves see dem basket mouth olamide phyno olamide collaboration these people are making money together even our politicians cursing each other na lie dem dey share our money dey go don't give a f. Some jobless low life youth go carry tribal matter for head fighting unnecessarily. Its not good now.
you are correct. I don't know where you are from but that atittude is peculiar to the Igbos! They always look for opportunities to play the tribalism game.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by toye440: 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
BeardedMeat:
What's this one saying abeg? sad
The truth try and live with it. Every country in word grows by how much technology is present. Wat has Religion given to us in d past yrs; blood sheed. what has culture given hatred and bitterness.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by calliope(f): 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
DidierDrogba:
bia nwa sharap dia

grin
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by bionixs: 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

I hope he also wrote the essay in the language of his culture...
I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...
my friends in Europe are already tired of wearing Jean and t-shirts, you are in oshogbo posting trash. does african culture or wears stop you from developing softwares? a skillful chinese wonder boy I know,Sha quan by name,doesn't know what good morning is in english. His laptop keyboard is all in Chinese language.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by tuzeriouz(m): 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...
will u keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
Something tells me that Femi Fani K will adorn this attire in the days ahead.

Just like this Mah Niggah

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Azam101: 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
trustyshoess:

So he should just throw away his culture and pretend that he's western? What Are u saying? India and China are leading the world in technology and they speak their language and wear their attire with pride.
What kind of inferiority complex is this?
First class inferiority complex.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by iykomo666(m): 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

what is ur point self
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by IME1: 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
Congrats to the recipient, the money plenty oh, but BBN is still the highest in know of 45 million kilode

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Azam101: 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
congratulations to the man! I doff my hat for me.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Azam101: 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
bionixs:
my friends in Europe are already tired of wearing Jean and t-shirts, you are in oshogbo posting trash. does african culture or wears stop you from developing softwares? a skillful chinese wonder boy I know,Sha quan by name,doesn't know what good morning is in english. His laptop keyboard is all in Chinese language.
Bros Oshogbo people will not forgive you oo lolz!
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by stilldoingokay(f): 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

what nonsense writing is this?

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by ashjay001(m): 9:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

U need to watch "d gods must be crazy 2" n actually listen or read d opening monologue. I actually wrote it down, but can't search d house, right now.

But, d gist was, technology, actually makes our world, more stressful, to live in!

2 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Kingbusssy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

You said
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Onlysage: 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

shey him be buhari ni. Wetin
y u self no dey do all d poetry listed above
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by hajidel: 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
Without a doubt my friend, its ironic. Communication is meant to be easier nowadays but no one seems to be able to communicate adequately. Its unbelievable
ashjay001:

U need to watch "d gods must be crazy 2" n actually listen or read d opening monologue. I actually wrote it down, but can't search d house, right now.

But, d gist was, technology, actually makes our world, more stressful, to live in!

2 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by harrisonokonkwo: 9:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

iti

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Elxandre(m): 9:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
Well, I think that man has a point.
The Chinese are just as culturally rich as we are, yet they don't show up in business and official gatherings dressed in shaolin robes.

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Leonbonapart(m): 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

go and die
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by LieDetector(m): 9:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

jeez! Dude your hating is outta this world
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by josh123(m): 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2018
BeardedMeat:
What's this one saying abeg? sad
he is actually right
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Ekitiparapo(m): 9:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
ndigbo 1, the Igbo's are brilliant and smart
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Onlysage: 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
manucho:

This shows how stupid gullible dented horrible you are you 1990-2003 kids hiding behind a faceless forum talking gibberish. You carry tribal matter for head like plantain chips whereas the people you are fighting for are !making money and name for themselves you are here with your less privilege life talking nonsense with your brain under your foot. Go check out Prof Sole Soyinka in 1986 when he received his noble prize laurel ode oshi I no dey talk tribal matter but na senseless fools like you make me respond tonight. Better face your life and do something better. You think all these people send you They curse themselves in public go behind the camera go share money jolly laff at fools like you while they are mortgaging your future embezzling money like kilode....continue carry tribe matter for head with your miserable life oloshi omo! The person you are fightingbfor even carry Nigerian colour for neck happily wearing his traditional dress he wasn't even thinking the way low life people like you dey think. He's making name for himself family generations you are behind a faceless forum talking gibberish. I won't respond again go sit down think! A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by fred04(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Na them.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Rebuke: 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Typical Nigerians. Man jxt won 36miller for himself and you lots ar here complaining of what he wore to collect his money.

So long as the attires didn't stop him from recieving his 36M keep quiet n face front or jxt hide yhur face.

Some of Una dey craze for here no be small o. undecided
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by manucho: 9:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
Tozara:
Wole Soyinka won the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature. Whom among your tribesmen has achieved that feat? You see how stupid you are? You even lost at your own cretinous game.

Tribalism is for moröns with diseased souls. Laying claim to the achievement of another person simply because he's from your tribe is pathetic. Shows what sort of a loser you are.

I'm sure you're also eager to identify with the drug pushers among you.
Bro he even wore an African attire, a Yoruba attire to be precise nobody carry am for head now. They are stupid year 1990-2003 kids talking gibberish one blind idiot even said "Afonja's won't like this" awon omo irankiran, omo atiro to ra bata esan kan wa fun baba re oro lo fe gbo meaning a child who bought a one leg shoe for his father would hear what he has never heard before. Smh

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by edupedia: 9:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
doingood:
Afonjas will not like this

....what is there that Afonja will not like?....Firstly it is not only your tribe that has won the prize before....secondly the man has a Nigerian flag color combination round his neck and not that of a useless setting sun....u no shame?....all Nigerians are therefore giving Kudos to the man and are not being silky like u yeye Igbos usually are on NL.....shhhiiooorrrr !
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by zibe(m): 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
We need more of this please. Giving huge benefits ti writers, mathematicians, scientists, etc. Not only entertainers desrve to get huge rewards.

Congrats to him!!! And yea, I love the outfit.

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Supo Ni bobo yi sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maria: The Sequel / African Literature - PDF Download / The Marked: In The Spectral Existence (A Stand-alone Fantasy Fiction Novella)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.