Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? (13004 Views)

Airtel Stop 5K For 40GB Data Plan - Any alternative? / FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by valgbo(m): 8:09am On Feb 11, 2018
QuickStandard:
Good morning people,
Please i just got camon cx, but i can't screen shot.
Secondly the memory is really giving me headache, can't do anything as its always saying low storage, which has made me deleted everything, still it has continued.

I got an SD card but still same old story.
What do I do.

Thanks.
try to format it
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Awoo88: 8:10am On Feb 11, 2018
Readonee35L:
True Caller is A Breach of privacy and it has been queried in many countries.

It gets your contact and name from people who saved your contacts on their phone and they have the true caller app. Extracting peoples informations from random phones without notifying the owner.

Well i've removed all my numbers from truecaller database. I don't need a stranger knowing my name because of an app on his phone.
It is those who foolishly allow permission to read phone book you should blame. Removing your number from the app will only work for your phone. Others who have the app and allow permission to contact will make you name available to any person

2 Likes

Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by zicoraads: 8:14am On Feb 11, 2018
kayjasper:
True caller is beginning to have some bogus ideas. Like changing the names in your phone book or logging two different contacts together under the same name.
It's now a mess even on Android.

I don't understand why the developers of most apps mess it up in the name of upgrade when nothing is wrong with it.

I have had to delete it from my phone so it won't mess up my whole contact list.

Very annoying.
Oh! So it's the app doing that to my phone book cheesy

I had no idea. Thanks for this. I'm deleting mine now.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by toprealman: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2018
Most Apple products and Naija is just like APC and governance...... incompatible.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Greene66: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2018
sainty2k3:

Still searching for why you dislike the app.so you carry your phone and call a 'stranger' and you dont want him to know who you are, what are you hiding

Its called Privacy

I have given my phone number to numerous people over the years and most likely that number would have spread. That does not now mean, that anyone who gets hold of that number should know my name! I see some people photo on truecaller. Imagine that.

If someone is planning your assassination, it will be so easy to get you with true caller. Its wrong. I also removed my number from their database.

Another provoking thing is that truecaller gets details, from people's phonebook. That does not guarantee accuracy. Nigerians save numbers anyhow. Someone can save my number as Greene.66 Nairaland. (Does that mean its my name?) just like I save my mechanic number as "Ahmed Mechanic". Now, anyone who gets that man's number will know he is a mechanic. Is it right? I saw my friend's number as "Janet Runs" (Are you kidding me?). Truecaller should be scrapped. Its unfair

1 Like

Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Greene66: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2018
Awoo88:

It is those who foolishly allow permission to read phone book you should blame. Removing your number from the app will only work for your phone. Others who have the app and allow permission to contact will make you name available to any person

No. They have an official means of removing your number at which no one else can see it even with truecaller app. Its on their site. Once they remove it, its removed till you install truecaller with that number again. I have tested it.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by johnaruson(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2018
True caller the best app i ever had
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Kobicove(m): 8:39am On Feb 11, 2018
Emeka71:
The thing doesn't work well except for SAMSUNG.

Is Samsung not also an Android based phone?
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by obua: 8:53am On Feb 11, 2018
QuickStandard:
Good morning people,
Please i just got camon cx, but i can't screen shot.
Secondly the memory is really giving me headache, can't do anything as its always saying low storage, which has made me deleted everything, still it has continued.

I got an SD card but still same old story.
What do I do.

Thanks.
you can download screenshot app
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Mrkumareze(m): 8:55am On Feb 11, 2018
You just have to know truecaller steal your contacts to update their functions .
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by kirchofff(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2018
Readonee35L:

It gets your contact and name from people who saved your contacts on their phone and they have the true caller app. Extracting peoples informations from random phones without notifying the owner.

Well i've removed all my numbers from truecaller database. I don't need a stranger knowing my name because of an app on his phone.
how do u remove your contact from their database please?
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Readonee35L(m): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2018
Awoo88:

You can unlist your number from their database.
https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Readonee35L(m): 9:05am On Feb 11, 2018
kirchofff:
how do u remove your contact from their database please?

Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by kirchofff(m): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2018
Readonee35L:

already unlisted my two numbers. Thanks. I've always wanted to do this, its a big breach of privacy by the app.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by mikaj(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2018
Hotzone:
Maybe, ur iPhone is fake.
Been using true caller from iPhone 4-6, and it works perfectly.
To check the originality of ur iPhone, connect it to a laptop with iTunes, if the make of ur iPhone including the storage capacity shows on the iTunes then u surely have the original

Chief it is fake. I made use of an iPhone 7 Plus got a while before I switched to my iPhone 8. Both times Truecaller never did work. .......
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Readonee35L(m): 9:38am On Feb 11, 2018
kirchofff:
already unlisted my two numbers. Thanks. I've always wanted to do this, its a big breach of privacy by the app.
Glad i can be of help smiley
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by BoredPanda: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2018
Readonee35L:

Thanks boss, just removed mine as well.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Awoo88: 10:44am On Feb 11, 2018
Readonee35L:

. Nice!!! Never knew unlisting is an option
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Drclive(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2018
so because they seek ur cheap help makes them nuisance abiits unfair na..its better u pick the cal and explain that you dont have yet..#okbye
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by wildchild02: 10:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Greene66:

Its called Privacy

I have given my phone number to numerous people over the years and most likely that number would have spread. That does not now mean, that anyone who gets hold of that number should know my name! I see some people photo on truecaller. Imagine that.

If someone is planning your assassination, it will be so easy to get you with true caller. Its wrong. I also removed my number from their database.

Another provoking thing is that truecaller gets details, from people's phonebook. That does not guarantee accuracy. Nigerians save numbers anyhow. Someone can save my number as Greene.66 Nairaland. (Does that mean its my name?) just like I save my mechanic number as "Ahmed Mechanic". Now, anyone who gets that man's number will know he is a mechanic. Is it right? I saw my friend's number as "Janet Runs" (Are you kidding me?). Truecaller should be scrapped. Its unfair

Lmao Janet Runs grin

1 Like

Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by megama: 11:21am On Feb 11, 2018
domack99:
That Truecaller keep messing up my contact on Android HTC.
FAKE phone. True caller perfect on all true androids
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by linearity: 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
Awoo88:

If you use the link to remove your number, it remove it really does not remove it from their database, but mark it such that if someone with your number in their contact installed the app and give permission to read their contact list, the app will exclude your importing your number from their contact as there will be a marker on their database to exclude your number because you have delisted it.

It is the same way that do not call list work in the USA. The fact that someone else who have my number in their contact list gave true caller the right to read their contacts, does not mean true caller have the right to do so, especially when the real owner have opt out.

Plus, I don’t you can install the app if you decline to give access to your contact.

I have removed all my numbers from true caller, but uses the web version sometimes to check the identity of some unknown callers.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by linearity: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
Greene66:

Its called Privacy

O boy! I no like true caller, look as dem just open your friend yash for public....Janet Runs, so your friend na Runs girl for one guy, but she go dey form for you.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Ademoore07(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Emeka71:
The thing doesn't work well except for SAMSUNG.

It works well on my infinix hot S.

1 Like

Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by prejulsuc(f): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
fados4sure:
It's not even working well in android
Exactly.My infinite smart phone trucaller is useless.

1 Like

Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by bsbability(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
You've not fully activated it, that's why u can't fully explore it. To get it done:
Go to settings....phone...call blocking and identification. Turn it on and you're ready to enjoy your true caller application.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by kenychordz: 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Try du caller and thank me later its far more better than tru caller
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Awoo88: 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
linearity:

If you use the link to remove your number, it remove it really does not remove it from their database, but mark it such that if someone with your number in their contact installed the app and give permission to read their contact list, the app will exclude your importing your number from their contact as there will be a marker on their database to exclude your number because you have delisted it.

It is the same way that do not call list work in the USA. The fact that someone else who have my number in their contact list gave true caller the right to read their contacts, does not mean true caller have the right to do so, especially when the real owner have opt out.

Plus, I don’t you can install the app if you decline to give access to your contact.

I have removed all my numbers from true caller, but uses the web version sometimes to check the identity of some unknown callers.
I did not know that! I checked and discovered that numbers can truly be delisted.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by linearity: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Awoo88:

I did not know that! I checked and discovered that numbers can truly be delisted.

It is ‘delisted’ in that, their app will no longer map your name to your number for future queries.

However, to make sure your number don’t get relisted again the future, when someone else who have your number downloaded the app, they have to keep that number in their database.

Usually, they do this by moving delisted numbers to a different table in the database and strip them off of the identifying info like name, etc...this table is checked each time a database update is carried due to someone downloading the app and any matches number will not be downloaded.
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by ewizard1: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
How I think TrueCaller works is this..

It syncs numbers from every users' phone book and try to acertain a name for it. For example, 5 users saving a same number;

User 1 - 080xxx - Wande Party
User 2 - 080xxx - Wandee
User 3 - 080xxx - Bae
User 4 - 080xxx - Wandy
User 5 - 080xxx - Wande Runs Girl

The TC system shuffles the whole names and pick the most used one "Wande" in this case. And that likely what someone calling 080xxx would get when they call the Number.

Another things is TC seems to authenticate users, what I mean is; if I call a number and it tells me "Wale Rewire" it tells the number I am calling is a right one and not mistaken. An besides, is Wale not proud of his profession? He should be!

I am into a Legit business so I installed TC and logged in with my details and what I do, so if anyone gets my number from anyXXX , TC helps let them know my services is genuine.

So for my guy up there, check well, your friend Janet might really be into runs. (My opinion tho)
Re: I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? by Greene66: 8:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
linearity:

O boy! I no like true caller, look as dem just open your friend yash for public....Janet Runs, so your friend na Runs girl for one guy, but she go dey form for you.

I swear.. D tin surprise me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Bis Has Stopped working On Android ? / Airtel Increases Their Weekly And Monthly Data Volumes / Infinix Rewards Winner Of Mega Jackpot Promo With Brand New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.