Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,322 members, 7,860,770 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigeria Youths Not Ready For Leadership In Nigeria - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Youths Not Ready For Leadership In Nigeria - Opinion (980 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Youths Not Ready For Leadership In Nigeria - Opinion by Halopy: 9:47am On Feb 12, 2018
I always read with absolute amazement on the need for youths to be given opportunity to lead our country.

The first question on my mind is who will allow youths to Lead?
The simple answer is 'nobody'! It is we youths that must fight for leadership. We must be involved in active politics with the motive to lead not with the motive to make money being used by older politicians.

The second golden question on my mind is are the youths ready to lead?

The honest answer is 'I doubt' ! The reason for my conclusion is that most educated youths with leadership charisma in Nigeria today are either emigrating from the country to look for greener pasture, or loitering around here with no certainty of what the future holds.

The few ones who have the resources are either not interested in politics because they don't have the time.
Many didn't even have PVC and majority of those who have don't vote. The very few and lucky ones in active politics and who fate has offered political leadership platform like Governor Yahya Bello of Kogi State have turned to errand boy of the president and janitor if Aso rock simply because he did not see it as a rare opportunity to serve his people and write his name on sands of time but rather wants to lick the ass of the President for politicaTheains.

God help Nigeria Youths.

(1) (Reply)

Emerging Great Igbo Nation. / Breaking: 11 Trucks Loaded With Boko Haram Enters Dapchi / Pastor Ize-iyamu,ex-deputy Governor Of Edo & Others Smiles As EFCC Release Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.