Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Birthmark - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Birthmark (142419 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birthmark by kunbeex(f): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
come and update ma pls

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by kunbeex(f): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
waiting for your update ma.......Hope all is well ma

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Bolape hope all is well
Re: Birthmark by Toeyean1507(f): 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hey bae, is everything all right?
Re: Birthmark by kunbeex(f): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
BOLAPE:
NINETEEN (CONTINUES)
“Hands up!”A cold voice ordered immediately she dropped unto the other side of the fence. Shivers of dread ran down her spine but she didn’t move from her bent position. “Are you deaf?”The voice snapped angrily as the figure of a tall, bulky man moved into view, obviously holding a gun.
She dismissed the idea of tackling him physically because he was far bigger than she was but when she finally straightened up seconds later, she was holding her gun. She shot him without aim in a blink of an eye.
The gunshot mingled with an ear-splitting scream of pain from the bulky man whose gun has dropped in the process. It was then she realized she has forgotten to put the silencer on her gun. She stood back and shot the man in the forehead. He went down without a sound.
She moved back in the shadows, knowing she has already announced her presence with that scream. She waited in the corner of the backyard where the shadow of a palm tree hides her presence. She held her breath as she watched the shadow of a man moved out cautiously from the back entrance of the house. He looked around for the source of the sound and saw the body of his colleague.
“Ray, are you okay?”He whispered as he turned the man over and saw the wound on his head. She frowned. The voice sounded like the voice she had heard earlier on the phone but this is a boy, not a man, she thought in confusion and decided to take her chance.
A bullet flew by the boy’s ear, barely missing him. He jerked back in horror, looking towards the direction of the shot. She stretched out her hand as she came out of the shadow.
“Don’t bother with it. We both know I would have killed you a moment ago if I want to, so let me have that gun now.’ Her voice was quiet but he recognized the menace in it. To her surprise, his hardened face dissolved into smiles and he handed over his gun without qualms.
“Ah!! Sister Fatihat, I’m not disappointed in you. You really impressed me today.”His voice was low but she heard him clearly and stared intently at his face.
“You are the one who called me this morning, right? I seem to remember the voice.’ Her face was devoid of any expression.
“Yes, I am the one who called you. I saw your name and phone number on the interview you had with the press immediately you came back from Abuja. My name is Isiak Ali and my twin brother, Ismail Ali is inside the building. Can you remember those names? We were just kids when you left Kaduna.”He held her gaze without moving an inch from where he stood and watched her, watching him with the help of the light coming from the moonlight that just appeared briefly, searching for family resemblance, then she grinned suddenly.
“The daredevil twins! Both of you eventually ended up in the devil’s den!”She gave out a low laugh, soft and infectious as she remembered her old nick-name for them, behind their mother’s back of course. He found himself grinning back.
“It wasn’t a palatable journey. I know you will be wondering how I was able to recognize you. Apart from the picture in the paper, your kid is the spitting image of what you look like as a child and I still have that picture in my head till now. We were moved here today. Only God knows what that means.”He watched as the smile drained out of her eyes.
“I hope I’m not too late? How is she?”
“She is okay. My bosses are inside with her now. They asked me to check the source of the noise. I’m sure they will be wondering what is taking me so long.”He glanced towards the house with apprehension and then, back at her.
“What kind of vehicle brought them to this place? How many are they?” She asked as she reloaded her gun with the shells in her boot.
“There are just two from Lagos with Ismail making three; he has a long scar on his right cheek sustained from a street fight.”He gave a rueful shrug when she raised an eyebrow at him. “They brought a black 504 Peugeot car.”He answered rather puzzle.
“That is the car they used in kidnapping my baby. Take your gun and punctured their four tyres with bullets. Get water and poured it into their petrol tank. I will deal with those sons of bitches.”
“That is a piece of cake. We are three against their two. I’m sure we will conquer them.” He moved away and blended into the darkness.
Fatihat noticed that only one room was lit in the whole house. She assumed that was where the party was taking place. She walked in through the back door with the help of a thin torchlight and found herself in what must be a long, unlit corridor.
She picked her way slowly, progressively, keeping to the side of the wall until she came to a room where she heard voices and proceeded to try her hand on the doorknob. The air on her nape stood up instinctively before she was grabbed by two powerful hands abruptly from the back. Her torchlight dropped as she was propelled into the room. She noted the boy with the scar almost immediately as their eyes connected briefly. In that brief moment, she saw the fear and terror in his eyes.
The other man, Raymond, popularly called Jack Daniels (J.D for short), chuckled to himself in delight as she was brought in.
“Mummy!!!”Gift screamed from where she was seated on the ground, still clad in her filthy school uniform.
“It is so good to meet you in person, Delilah Smith. I have no business with you. What are you doing here?”J.D asked with a smile.
“That is my kid you have with you. I intend to have her back, alive!”The two men laughed at her outburst. The sound sent a chill down her spine.
“You know what, Delilah Smith? You have nerves. I have always hated you for it. I guess this is my opportunity to deal with you after finishing my first assignment.”He glanced significantly at her daughter. Her heart freezes in terror but her face was a complete blank.
“Please don’t kill my mummy.”Gift cried out, tears filling her eyes. The two men laughed again. The man behind Fatihat, known simply as Canon among the gang, jerked her arms back forcefully and she stifled a cry of pain, even as tears filled her eyes.
“Let me give the iron lady a dose of her own medicine before we get going.” J.D moved towards her with a wicked grin. He raised his fist to punch her nose.
She jerked backward forcefully to both men’s surprise and brought her foot down on the J.D’s face.
Ismail chose that moment to strike out at his bosses. He reached for a metal rod standing against the wall and hit Canon on the back. Cries of pain from both men filled the room. She was released so abruptly that she stumbled forward. She took a deep breath to regain her balance and then proceeded to attack Canon.
“You bloody traitor! Why the hell are you fighting on her behalf? You think you can find favor with her. I will teach you a lesson you will never forget in your miserable life.’ J.D rounded on Ismail.
They were engaged in a fierce struggle while his accomplice lay on the floor, still writhing from the blow from the metal rod. J.D disengaged abruptly as a knife appeared in his hand and proceeded to stab the younger boy. Fatihat turned around in time and shot him in the head.
The next moment, she would have been a dead woman because Canon whom she thought was helpless had gotten to his feet with a gun and was aiming it at the back of her head with trembling fingers.
‘Mum, look out!”Gift screamed out a late warning. Fatihat swirled round abruptly. Isiak came in at that precise moment and shot him in the head. He went down without a sound and suddenly all was quiet.
She took the knife from Ismail and cut the rope that was used to bind her daughter’s hands and legs. She then scooped the little girl up in a tight, fierce hug.
“Thanks for coming to my rescue, mum. I love you so much.”Gift clung to her. The twins looked on in obvious envy and admiration.
“I will do anything for my precious baby. I think I saw Tunde’s car behind me on my way here. It was very foolish of him if indeed he was the one, though’ She backed her daughter. She was secretly glad of the moral support, no matter how stupid the act was.
They made their way out of the house. A car’s headlight flashed in the distance. She released a warning shot into the air. The car moved closer and she stood in front of her family, her finger on the trigger.
“It is me, Tunde. Please put that gun away. It looks scary and deadly.”Tunde called out in the darkness. They all burst into laughter.
“It is my daddy.”Gift cried excitedly as she scrambled down. Tunde pulled over and got out of the car in time to catch his daughter as she lurched against him.
“That is my baby. I hope you were really brave in there?”He swallowed a lump in his throat as he smiled bravely at his daughter. She giggled as she clung to his neck.
“Well done! You are a courageous woman.’ Tunde’s brother hugged her one after the other.
“But you guys are not supposed to be here tonight. What if the gang came around and saw you loitering around their territory. It is deadly.” Her voice was chiding.
“It is a risk worth taking.”Wale hugged her once again and ushered father and daughter into the car.
“This place gives me the creeps.”Ayo grabbed Isiak’s hand and pulled him into the car with him.
“See you guys in town. Let’s go, Ismail.”She climbed her bike. He got behind her, and she sped into the night, closely followed by Tunde’s car.
The sun was already peeping through the window when Fatihat opened her eyes and stretched out her body luxuriously. It was her first sound sleep since she came back from Abuja and learned about her daughter’s kidnap.
Her eyes went to the wall clock and she shot upright in bed, her mouth dropping open in absolute shock. It was eleven’ o clock on the dot.
She walked into the bathroom for a cold shower, changed into a short house robe and sauntered out of the room. She was half-way down the staircase when the sound of voices hit her and she leaned over the banister to see what was going on in her sitting room.
The sight she beholds gave her the second shock of the day but this time around, it was a pleasant shock!
Both the Badmus and the Abeebs were around including Yemi Abeeb who was seated beside her mother and listening intently to what she was saying.
All her siblings were standing together, gisting and laughing in a happy reunion. Her kids were sitting separately in a corner of the room, already bathed and looking fresh in a pair of jean trouser and white vest.
Breakfast was ready on the Dining table. They all helped themselves to it one after the other.
Funmi took her plate and joined the younger twins on the rug. Aisha did the same, even though she didn’t understand half of what they were saying but she knew she was welcomed all the same.
Chenille was sitting between Yemi and a ruggedly handsome gentleman in his late forties. Yetunde was busy helping Josephine with breakfast in the kitchen and getting it to the sitting room while her husband was engrossed in a heated argument over football with Ayo, even as he wolfed down his breakfast.
It was an amusing sight and one which filled Fatihat’s heart with happiness. She moved away and leaned against the wall as tears filled her eyes.
So I have finally created a home. You are a truly wonderful God, she thought as she lifted her eyes skyward and thanked her creator with all her heart and soul. I guess it is time to give up the past and move on with my life, she thought with a smile and turned around to go upstairs.
“Is there any problem?”Tunde called from the foot of the staircase. She turned back with a smile.
“Everything is fine. I’m just so happy.”She hugged herself and grinned at him.
“You deserve it and more. Thank you.”He said simply as he came slowly up the staircase. “You are welcome. I want to show you something.”She took his wrist and led him into her bedroom. He sat down on her bed while she went o her chest drawer and pulled it out. ‘I don’t like the way you came after me last night. It is very dangerous. She could have lost both of us at the same time.”She rounded on him as she remembered the scene.
‘I am not sorry I come after you, Fatihat. It was my battle to fight and I intend to get to the bottom of it all.”His voice was firm with determination. She gave a shrug before she turned to her wardrobe.
“Who do you think could be behind the kidnap?”She asked curiously as she faced him with a file.
“I have my suspicion but I want it confirmed. What is that?”He asked curiously.
“I want to sell my share of the Abeebs group of companies back to you. Are you interested?”She asked with a raised eyebrow. He stared at her for a long moment with a blank expression.
‘If I am not interested, what will you do with it?”He asked softly with a dare.
“I will sell it out to interested buyers. I want to face my other businesses. Apart from that, I have to admit you are better off running your papa’s business without any interference from me, so what do you say?”She threw back the dare. He laughed out loud.
“No wonder I have grown very fond of you. You are such a contradicting woman. I am interested but I don’t have ready cash or asset now. We can work something out when I get back to work. Right?”He asked as he gave her a solemn look.
“I don’t have any problem with that. There is enough time to do that.’ She dropped the file on her dressing table.
“Does that mean you are going to resign or will you still work for the company?”He asked curiously. She looked down her nose at him.
‘I can’t work for anybody, not even a company. I will hand in my official resignation letter by next week Monday. I have even forgotten today is a weekday. I have never had so many visitors in my entire lifetime at once.”She grinned as she crossed to her wardrobe to get a more presentable clothing to meet her visitors.
“I’m sure you are unaware of your own worth. Trust me, you will receive more visitor today than you will ever do in your entire lifetime because you were a hero.”He grinned and got to his feet.
“A hero indeed!”She gave a dismissing laugh as she opened her wardrobe door and started sorting through her clothes. He came up behind her and circled her waist with his arms. She turned in his embrace and pushed at his chest in vain.

P.S

Do you want to study, work and live in Australia? We offer free education consultancy, assist with Admission processing and student visa application. We also do flight reservation and ticketing to any destination outside Nigeria. Chat me up if you are interested. I can be reached at @obolaji on twitter and https://web.facebook.com/olanrewaju.mobolaji on facebook. You may also inbox me at obolaji2002@yahoo.com......

Cheers!
Re: Birthmark by PricelessCharm(f): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kunbeex, see how u wasted a full page
Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2018
Oh my God. Kunbeex. Why that na.

Nawa for u oo
Re: Birthmark by kunbeex(f): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
its a Quote
Re: Birthmark by PricelessCharm(f): 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
kunbeex:
its a Quote
Why don't u quote the whole story then.
Re: Birthmark by Mhizdebs(f): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
bolape hope u are ok and please update.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thank you guys. I am doing fine.

I am also grateful to those who took their time to seek me out personally on my facebook page to know how i am doing, I appreciate you all.

I am back now, hopefully.

I apologize sincerely for the delay.

My son's birthday is on 20th June. I will be launching my first e-book, TWIST OF FATE on that day.

Please encourage me, help me share and buy as well. It will cost just a token amount.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
TWENTY

“I have met Yetunde Badmus formally again. I think I like her tremendously.”Tunde said quietly as he looked down at her face.
“She is a good woman. She has been so supportive throughout this whole ordeal. I never expected this much from her, considering the circumstances surrounding our meeting but then I have met just a few nice people in my journey through life so far.”She said with a smile but he didn’t smile back.
“Things will start changing from now on. That is a promise.”He licked the top of her nose and made her giggle.
“Stop it! I have a lot of things to do this morning.”She pushed at him again.
“Of course, we have things to do.”He winked outrageously at her and traced the seam of her lips with his tongue. Her eyes fluttered closed and she relaxed against him as he sucked at her lower lips, nibbling gently.
She tugged at his casual shirt until it came out of the waistband of his jeans and slide her hands up his bare back caressingly. He groaned deep in his throat and took full possession of her mouth, making her moan softly against his mouth.
His buttons came undone one after the other and she pressed her fingers to his bare chest. He broke the kiss, angled his head and kissed her again, thoroughly and deeply until she felt her toes curling with desire. He moved both of them slowly, systematically until she felt the back of her knees touched the edge of the bed and lowered both of them to the bed.
“Fatihat, I need to use your bathroom. The guest toilet is seriously messed up and I’m pressed right now.”Yetunde’s voice proceeded her into the room as she opened Fatihat’s bedroom door and waddled in. “Excuse me.” she took in the scene at a glance and beat a hasty retreat.
Fatihat broke the kiss and stared at the closed door for a moment.
“She is gone already.”His voice was husky as he turned onto his back, carrying her with him.
“I really need to get up and dressed.”She began but had barely finished the sentence when he kissed her again.
Once again, she was lost in the passion engulfing them both. He caressed her through the house robe before finally tugging at the sash to run his fingers over her bare shoulder, pulling the robe down her arms inch by inch.
“I want you so much it hurts!”He groaned against her lips and followed the path he had exposed with his lips. She moaned out loud and threw back her head in invitation.
The door opened again in the distance. Josephine’s voice penetrated through the blood rushing through her head.
“Sleepyhead wake up! Your colleagues at work are here to for a visit.”Josephine was saying as she rubbed her palms down the front of the apron covering her clothe and gaped, slack-jawed at the scene before her eyes.
“Why can’t one have a moment of privacy in this room?”He mumbled to himself, buried his head in the curve of her neck for a moment to get his equilibrium back before releasing her with obvious reluctance and got to his feet. He scowled at Josephine.
“If eyes can kill, I would have been dead by now.”Josephine laughed at him. He walked out with a hiss, even as a reluctant smile tugged at his lips.
Fatihat rolled onto her stomach and buried her head in the pillow for a moment.
“No comment, baby sister. I will just wait for you to dress up and we can go downstairs together.”Josephine sat down at her dressing table and stretched out her aching legs.
“I don’t need your comment but I will give you mine. You are a royal pain in the ass.” she went back to her open wardrobe.
“Tell me, please. Would you guys have made love while we are downstairs, waiting for you?”Josephine asked curiously.
“How am I supposed to know when you barged in on us?”Fatihat hissed again as she threw out jean and t-shirt and slammed the wardrobe door closed.
“Don’t tell me you are so Hot, dearie.” Josephine raised an eyebrow at her. They both burst into laughter.
“What is going on between you guys?’Her sister asked after a moment. She shrugged with a nonchalance she was not feeling.
“I don’t know. Please don’t ask me that question again because I don’t know the answer.” Her sister saw the confusion in her eyes.
“I know you will work it out eventually. No wonder you have not been moving with your crew lately. Is it because of him?”Josephine got to her feet as her sister pulled on her jeans and dropped the robe.
“I am a mother. None of my friends has a kid. They don’t understand that no matter how much I value their friendship, my kid will always come first.” She shrugged as she pulled on her t-shirt.
“That is right. You may also decide to settle down at any time. I am sure none of them is at that stage yet. Life is not always about catching fun with parties and booze always.”Josephine pulled off her apron and threw it around her neck.
“Don’t even go there, Jose. I didn’t tell you I am ready to settle down.’ She scowled at her sister. ‘That reminds me. Who was that man sitting beside mum in the sitting room? I have never seen him before.” Her voice was curious she opened the door and stepped out, closely followed by her sister.
“His name is Kayode Okunola. He works in Muritala Mohammed International Airport but he also has other businesses elsewhere. He is a widower with grown-up kids who stayed in the United Kingdom. Mum met him during one of her business trip out of the country and they have been friends since then.” Josephine rattled off with a mischievous smile.
Fatihat stopped abruptly and her sister almost ran into her back. She turned around to face her. “How come you know so much about him? What kind of friendship exists between man and woman?”
“It is the kind of friendship that is running through your head right now. Don’t tell me you are getting worked up at the thought of your mother dating a man?”
“Are you telling me she is actually dating that man? I can’t believe that!”She felt the panic rise up in her throat.
‘Yes. You should get used to it. Get out of my way please!” Josephine pushed past her and went down the staircase.
She stared after her for a moment and stormed down the staircase as well.
Her siblings have moved to the swimming pool terrace while the younger kids have moved to Gift’s room to play with her games but her mother was still sitting where she was with the same man when she got to the sitting room.
She seethed with anger as she entertained her company staffs with the help of Yetunde and Josephine.
She couldn’t bear it any longer. She marched to where her mother was sitting and requested to see her privately in the kitchen. She didn’t spare Kayode a glance.
“That is my daughter, Kayode. I’m sorry she was so rude to you but she is a very nice girl.” Chenille’s voice was full of apology as she got to her feet.
“I’ve noted the resemblance. I also understand her reaction as well. She has every right to her feelings.”He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. She gave him a grateful smile. “Thank you. I will be right back.” She squeezed his hand right back and went to meet her daughter where she was waiting impatiently in the kitchen.
“Who is he, mom?”
“His name is Kayode. He is my friend. Do you have a problem with that?”She raised an eyebrow at her daughter as she sat down on a kitchen stool.
“When do you start having man friends? I think that should be my ball game.” Her voice was full of sarcasm.
“I have a life to live and I won’t spend it defending it to you, Elizabeth. I’m sorry this is coming as a shock to you but Kayode is the second man I’m dating in my entire life. I’m willing to take the risk of being hurt again if it is worth it.”
“In other words, you are telling me you are willing to marry him if it works out, right?”She felt what she recognized as fear rising up her throat like bile. Chenille nodded. “Don’t you ever learn from your past mistake, mum?”
“I learn from it, love but I don’t have to live in the past. The fear of being let down should not stop me from reaching out and loving again. It is a risk worth taking, my dear daughter.” She saw Yetunde hovering in the kitchen doorway, about to turn around and motioned for her to come in.
“Don’t you know men are nothing but snakes and I think by now you should know that?”Fatihat turned round in frustration and blushed when she saw Yetunde.
“It is okay, fatihat. I think your mum is right. Not all men are snakes and I’m a living testimony to that.” Yetunde told her with a gentle smile. She turned to stare out of the window, trying to come to terms with her feelings. “I know you once persuaded Olalekan to accept his step-father. Yes, I know about it.”She added when Fatihat gave her a surprised look. “He told me about the conversation he had with you but I didn’t know it was you he was talking about. I warned him not to talk to strangers again.”Yetunde’s smile was rueful.
“How are you so sure he is going to make you happy? How are you sure he won’t hurt you the way dad did?”She felt as if she was losing her mother again when she just found her.
“I am not sure but I am ready to find out. No law stated that I should marry him; I’m just giving him a chance in my life. I need a companion, Elizabeth, you can’t provide everything for me.”Chenille got to her feet and took her hands in hers.
“If he messes up, she can always opt out. It is not a do or die affair. It doesn’t mean her love for you will diminish.’ Yetunde’s smile was reassuring.
“You are my only baby, Lizzy. I love you so much. Nobody can ever take your place in my heart.’ Chenille enveloped her in a warm, sweet hug. Fatihat felt tears fill her eyes. “I hope so.”Her voice ended in a whisper but her mother heard her and drew back.
“That is a promise, baby and I intend to keep it.” She kissed her cheeks and watched her for a moment as she struggled to accept it all at once.
“No problem.” She turned towards Yetunde who was busy at the sink now. “Mama Triplet, don’t you think it is right time you get off your feet?”Yetunde laughed.
“She is right. You have done enough for a day.” Chenille seconded firmly and pushed her away from the sink gently.
“Don’t start on me, please. Ademola has been shooting me daggers with his eyes but I’m as strong as a horse, I swear.’ She grinned but she sank into the kitchen stool when fatihat pushed her into one.
“Mum, go and attend to your visitor. I will sort this out.”Fatihat pushed her mother out of the kitchen and went to the sink to wash up the dirty dishes.
“Do you think I am being childish by feeling scared?” She asked after a moment of companionable silence.
“No. You are just being human. You are the bravest woman I have ever come across.”
“I just felt as if I’m losing everybody that means something to me.’ She laughed nervously. “I mean Josephine is getting married to wale next month and mum’s relationship may eventually work out.”Her voice ended in a whisper.
“Common, Fatihat, you are braver than this. You are not losing them simply because they are involved in a relationship that makes them happy. You should be happy for them and learn to accept the happy change that is happening in their lives. Yoruba people will say twenty kids cannot play for twenty years, it is simply impossible.”The older woman told her wisely. She listened while she sorted through her feelings. “Moreover, I think you are a very lucky woman.” she added. Fatihat turned to give her full attention.
“How?” Her look was confused.
“You are young, beautiful and rich which cannot be said for a lot of women. You have kids that adore you, siblings, a mother, and best of all a man who adores you unless I am misinterpreting something.”Yetunde met her gaze. She turned away.
‘Please don’t go there. I don’t know the answer to that myself.” She murmured to herself.
Yetunde smiled at her back. She is in love and she doesn’t even know it yet, the older woman thought amusingly but wisely kept her comment to herself.
It was her last semester in school. The final exam was ongoing but she didn’t have any paper to write that day. She was in school for tutorial classes and was about to leave when her phone rang. It was Yetunde.
“Hi fatihat, Can you get Lekan and Funmi in school today while you pick up Gift and Aisha? I’m feeling a bit sick and I can’t get hold of my driver.”Yetunde said in a strained voice.
Fatihat had been a quite busy mapping out her sibling’s future. She had enrolled Bilqis in a private lesson to help her catch up with her secondary school education while she enrolled the twins in the college section of her children's school, so they were in the same school with Yetunde’s step-daughter, Funmi.
She had never bothered to find out how they got mixed up with the ruthless gang because she had an idea of how already.
Aisha had started out at pre-nursery but the little girl’s smartness, despite her poor educational background had shocked them all. She was promoted to grade classes a few weeks later.
She decided to hasten up her progress by hiring private tutors for her and she wasn’t disappointed. She felt it was her greatest investment so far and one she was enjoying.
“I will pick them up and get them home for you but please try and see your doctor. I don’t want any complications.”Fatihat warned her.
“God forbids bad thing! Thank you fatihat, I really appreciate this.”Yetunde said with a laugh and hang up.
Fatihat was driving towards Yetunde’s place in Lekki with Aisha sitting beside her in the front while the other three kids sat behind her in the back seat, gisting about their day in school when a bullet entered the car. It missed fatihat by a hair’s breath and went out through the other window.
“That was a gunshot.”Funmi announced in shock while the other kids simply stared on in horror. Fatihat was shocked for just a moment before her finger jabbed on a button and all the windows went up.
“The windows are bullet-proof but I want you to keep your heads down and away from the window.”She ordered as she scanned the rearview mirror to know where her assailant was. Her foot pressed down on the accelerator. The car shot forward and the kids clung to each other.
“Oh god! What is all this again?”Gift began to cry as she re-lived the horror of her days during the kidnap.
“Will you shut your mouth and let me concentrate?”Fatihat shouted at her with a brief glance backward.
“It is okay, Gift. I’m sure Aunty Lilah will handle this perfectly.”Lekan patted his sister’s back comfortingly.
“That is right. She is a super-hero. Let’s keep praying. We will get home safely by God’s Grace.”Funmi seconded. Gift nodded without conviction.
Fatihat listened with half an ear to the children’s conversation and would have been amused if not because it was a life and death situation. She watched her side-mirror and noted her assailant was n a dark blue heavily tinted Honda accord but she couldn’t see their faces.
More shots rang out and the bullet sting her windows but it held.
Suddenly, the traffic on the road cleared and the road becomes deserted. She knew they could puncture her tire which would be suicidal with all the kids in the car. She regretted not having her gun with her.
Regret she quickly dismissed when she remembered she couldn’t kill in front of the kids, not when Lekan was already regarding her as some sort of superwoman. Frustration ate deep into her system but it didn’t stop her from thinking of how to get them out of this alive.
She sat back in a show of relaxation and steadily increased her speed. Funmi glanced at the speedometer and away again and stifled a scream. She swerved right, then left and overtook the few cars on the road as they started aiming at her car tires. She was damned if she would lead them to Yetunde’s house, so she led them out of Lagos via Epe road, lost them along the way. She came back into Lagos as it was getting dark.
“I was worried sick when you didn’t pick your calls. What is going on for God’s sake? Who is behind all these attacks?”Yetunde asked in horror when she heard their ordeal.
“I don’t know. Tunde’s detective has been working on it but so far so good, he has come up with nothing. This time around, I’m the target and they are in for a big fight because I’m not my daughter.” Her voice was grim.
“You are the mother of his daughter. He or She is aware of this.”Yetunde’s voice was quiet.
“They should go after his mother and his brothers. They should leave me in peace with my kid.” Her voice rang with open frustration as she got to her feet.
“It will soon be over but please be careful and watch your back always.” Yetunde reached for her hand and squeezed reassuringly.
“I will. I have to start going home. I have papers to write tomorrow.”She looked at her daughter who was huddled in an oversized sofa in a corner of the sitting room and dozing fitfully. Her heart went to her.
“Hey, baby. Should we go home now?”She scooped her up and sat down with her on her lap.
“Can’t we stay in mama triplet’s house? Those bad men can come after us again.”Gift burrowed into mother’s body and clung to her in obvious fear. Yetunde raised an eyebrow at the name the little girl had used to refer to her, knowing it was Fatihat’s handwork. Fatihat tried not to laugh out loud.
“Mama Triplet, can we spend the night here”Fatihat grinned at her.
“You are welcome with your battalions. Let’s have dinner and go to bed please.”Yetunde got to her feet and moved towards the kitchen.
It was Saturday. It was her last day in school. She just finished her last paper and was standing among her favorite’s classmates, mostly guys, listening to their heated argument.
It had been a very busy week in which she had attended almost all the send-off parties given to her and all the executives almost every night throughout the past few weeks. She was presidents of many of the social clubs in the school. She also held a post of vice-president at the student union government level. She was an active member known by virtually everybody on the campus.
She was still reeling from the praises and gifts showered on her by both individual and students body and was reluctant to say her final goodbye when Tunde appeared beside her.
“Good afternoon sir.”The students chorused. They caught both of them by surprise. “Good afternoon, guys. Congrats! I guessed today is your last day in school?”Tunde grinned at them as he shakes them one after the other.
‘Yes, sir. Can I serve in your company, sir?”Kola, the lousiest among them said quite seriously. Tunde exchanged a glance with fatihat who gave a rueful shrug.
“You are all welcome if you are posted to my company. I’m open to any assistance I can render you guys. I’m also wishing you luck in your various Endeavors’
“Lilah, you have always been one lucky babe! I envy you seriously.”The only other female among them, who happened to be deputy president of their department, Tosin said with undisguised admiration as she eyed Tunde and nodded her approval. Fatihat rolled her eyes in exasperation.
“You have always been one lousy bitch. I’m still going to miss you.”Fatihat scowled at her but her smile broke through.
“I wouldn’t mind that hunk of your man if that is the only thing you will give me.”Tosin whispered into her ear and hugged her tight.
“He is the only thing I can’t give you and my baby, of course, you rat!” Fatihat whispered back as she pinched and hugged her at the same time.
“I can’t blame you. We will keep in touch, right? I have one last meeting at the department.”
“We will see in town.”Fatihat nodded to her.
“It is really nice meeting you in person, Mr. Abeeb. Hope to see you some other time.” She saluted him and went away on a jog.
The guys collected Tunde’s number for future purpose. Fatihat said her final goodbye with hugs and promises to keep in touch and finally walked away from her campus life without a backward glance.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
Mummy aunty Sista BOLAPE d OP, whr u go na..

Welcome back oooo. Tanks a lot for the long update.
Ur head dey dere.
Jah bless.

Make Fatihat dey watch wella ooo cuz ijafara lewu ooo
Re: Birthmark by kunbeex(f): 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thank u for the update ma

2 Likes

Re: Birthmark by Ann2012(f): 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by PricelessCharm(f): 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thnks a lot Bolape. And happy birthday to the big boy in advance.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by Jane1234f(f): 5:37am On Jun 15, 2018
This is superb,thank you Bolape...and happy birthday to your boy
Re: Birthmark by Kinggnicole(f): 11:09am On Jun 15, 2018
Nice. Thanks for the update.
Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
Happy father's day to the great men in the world!
We appreciate you! We love you! We adore you! You are our unsong here!

P.S

My ebook , Twists Of FATE, is ready and will be launched formally on 20 june 2018.

If you are interested in the pdf format, send me a mail at obolaji2002@yahoo.com for the details.

Have a beautiful sunday!

3 Likes

Re: Birthmark by divinehand2003(m): 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
BOLAPE:
Happy father's day to the great men in the world!
We appreciate you! We love you! We adore you! You are our unsong here!

P.S

My ebook , Twists Of FATE, is ready and will be launched formally on 20 june 2018.

If you are interested in the pdf format, send me a mail at obolaji2002@yahoo.com for the details.

Have a beautiful sunday!

Nice information.
I on my knees daily for it to get premiered on TV. It will rock the cinemas the world over. Wishing you the very best as you soar to higher levels.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2018
Hello My People,

How have you been?

I can’t believe a year is gone already and my prince is a year older.
Meet the little dude who put a smile on my face, a spring to my steps and made me a proud mother.
He keeps me on my toes, makes me lose weight without going on diet exercise, LOL! He makes me reach beyond the sky, keeps my brain active always because when he asks questions, he needs an answer and whatever answer you give, he never forgets!
Iremide is 4 years old today!
Happy super birthday to this jewel of mine! To this wonderful gift from God! May I never know your grave! May your light continue to shine brighter! May Allah’s blessings, guidance, and mercy never depart from your life. Amen
Please help me celebrate my prince.
That brings out to the second part of today’s significance in my life. It is the unveiling of my first e-book, TWISTS OF FATE.
It is ready and available on okadabooks. You can get it on this link: https://okadabooks.com/search?term=TWISTS+OF+FATE.
However, if you are interested in the Pdf format of the e-book, please send a message to obolaji2002@yahoo.com for the details.
Alternatively, you can chat me up.
P.S
Our beautiful cake is curtsey of Naomyx Cakes and bakes. She can be contacted on 08060003669.
Thank you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2018
Happy birthday prince, wish him LLNP in Good health. jah bless, age with grace..
All ur wishes for him will come to fulfilment IN JESUS NAME.

More Of GOD in your family.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by Ann2012(f): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2018
Happy birthday Iremi
May Almighty God continue to guide and protect him, more wisdom and knowledge be bestowed upon him.
Have fun dear.....Gemini rocks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Birthmark by mismore(f): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2018
Happy birthday to him. Such a nice name he's got!
I pray he continues to be a source of joy to you now and forever.
long life and prosperity to him.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by heemah(f): 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
Happy birthday to him. May he forever be a source of joy to u and a blessing to his generation.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by kunbeex(f): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
Happy birthday to the baby boy.... wishing him long life and prosperity and many happy return

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by HelenBee(f): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
Happy birthday to the baby boy. Many more years to him in good health.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 6:51am On Jun 22, 2018
You made our day. We appreciate you all, we love you and we are saying a big thank you for celebrating us.

May God bless you all beyond your wildest expectations. Amen.

Lots of love from Ire and mum!

P.S

Have you gotten your copy of TWISTS OF FATE?
It is available on Okadabooks on this link: https:///dBW3Px7 ….
If you are interested in pdf format, please chat me up or send message to obolaji2002@yahoo.com.

A copy is #500 only

2 Likes

Re: Birthmark by Mhizdebs(f): 7:30am On Jun 22, 2018
pls update o...

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by frankiemorasky7(m): 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
pls am flattered about this nice work... i can't wait to get all of it.... pls keep the nice work going.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by kunbeex(f): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
pls ma we know you are busy, but give us update , pls

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
TWENTY-ONE

“Those are one lousy set of people you moved with. How did they know about me?”Tunde asked curiously as he got behind the wheels and she slipped in beside him. “They are lousy by nature, which is why they were able to hold individual positions in the student union government. My life has always been a public book anyway, so I’m not surprised they know about you.”
‘How did you get to school today?”He asked curiously as he guided the car out of the school premises among jubilating students.
“I came on my power bike and gave it to one of my classmate who has always loved the bike.” Her voice vibrated with a quiet laugh as she turned to him. “Why did you want to see me?”
“I was told you were attacked again on your way from the kid’s school and you didn’t bother to tell me.” His voice was accusing.
“If I had told you, what did you intend to do about it?’
“But you could have told me or it is not important enough to mention in our discussion?”He drove out of the school premises and then, pulled up beside the road before facing her properly.
“Come off it. The attack has come and gone. We are still alive. What is the big deal about it?” Her voice heated up with anger. He gave her a moody look.
“I think I have to come up with another plan.”He gave her a speculative glance which raised her antennae instantly.
‘Don’t even go there, Tunde. You can hire bodyguards for your kids and whatever else you want but don’t try that with me, I’m not your woman and I can take good care of myself.”She was furious.
“You are not my woman yet. You will soon be and we both know it.”He met her gaze squarely and she returned it.
“You are so full of yourself, Tunde Abeeb. What gives you the idea that I even fancy you?” She was angry at the fact that he was right and he knew it.
“Look at me in the eye. Tell me I mean nothing to you and I will gladly let you go.’ He told her softly, quietly, holding her gaze. She looked away after a moment.
“That will be stupid of me.’ She murmured after a moment and looked out through her side of the window.
“You mean everything to me, Fatihat Ali. You are the only thing in my life I can never give up except the kids we made together.” His voice was full of sincerity. She realized with horror that he must have heard the statement she made to Tosin. “I heard what you said to Tosin quite alright and it made up my mind finally. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, baby.”He tipped her face towards him and covered her lips in a slow, thorough kiss that rocked her to the soul of her feet. She moaned helplessly as her heart picked up speed and responded to his kiss for a while until common sense intruded.
“I’m not ready to give up my freedom. I’m not even sure how I feel about you.” Her voice was pleading.
“I will give you as much time as you want but I don’t give up easily and I will keep asking you to marry me until you accept.”He promised her as he turned on the ignition key and moved out unto the road.
“Give me a break, will you?” She snapped angrily at him. He grinned as he flipped a finger down her small nose.
Yetunde’s pregnancy was in the ninth month. She was due for birth at any moment. It was Sunday. She was feeling bored and lonely.
Funmi and Lekan have gone to spend the weekend at Fatihat’s house which was Fatihat’s idea to relieve her of their troubles. Ademola was out of town on a business trip and was supposed to be back yesterday but he called the previous night to tell her he won’t be able to get back as initially planned.
She was still seething from the call and decided to occupy herself by cleaning up the whole house. As she grew heavier and less agile with time, Fatihat has been helping her to run her business. She has become a close friend and sister, rather than someone she has met and known in a rather bitter and trickish circumstance.
She was busy washing the bathroom tiles when she felt water trickling down her thigh. A scream rose up her throat. She was scared as she moved slowly out of the bathroom when she heard a sound of a car driving into her compound.
Any company would be welcome right now, she thought gratefully as she hurried to the front door and threw it open in time to see fatihat getting out of the car.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Almost Paradise / Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.