Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,039 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Birthmark - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Birthmark (142422 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
FIVE

“Tunde raped you?” Josephine asked in horror, staring at her.

Fatihat laughed bitterly, swinging her legs off the chaise and lit a cigar. She dragged on it with all her strength and blew the smoke out slowly. “That was the beginning of my woes.” She grinned at her friend.

“The beginning? How else could it get worse?” Josephine asked bitterly.

“I got pregnant.” She said solemnly and Josephine’s jaw dropped this time around!
Tunde rolled off the screaming girl and felt sick to the bottom of his stomach. His judgment had been so wrong, so wrong this time around. He turned away as fatihat dragged herself from his bed and left his room, sobbing wretchedly. He stared at her and then at his bloodstained bedspread. After that, he burnt everything that was stained in his bedroom and went back to bed, feeling feverish.

He fell critically sick and was on admission for three good days. His best friend, Olayiwola Douglas came to see him at the hospital and was surprised to see him in such a state.

“What happened to you? I’m sure you are not sick, Tunde, you don’t fall sick.” He pulled a chair over to his bedside immediately his mother left the hospital premises.

“Can you remember our new house girl? The one I told you about?”Tunde sat up in bed and lay on the pillow.

“The pretty one whose picture was on your phone? I think I remember. What about her? Did you finally sleep with her or what?” He asked impatiently and he nodded solemnly.

“She was a virgin.” He added quietly and his friend’s jaw dropped in shock.

“You don’t mean it? She looked so worldly..….”Ola’s voice trailed away as he stared at his friend.

“You are right. That was my impression too but I find out I was wrong. I felt like shit.” His voice was full of misery.

“You should. Anyway, the deed is done; guy. We’ve done worst things. Pull yourself together and move on. I’m sure she won’t die, there is always a first time for everything.”Ola said with a grin.
“But I will be discharged from this cell tomorrow, how will I face her.?” He looked at his friend.

“Is it not you, Tunde Abeeb? You will survive”Ola’s grin widened and he grinned back.

Tunde avoided fatihat in the house after his discharge from the hospital and they exchanged not a single word, even when they meet.

Fortunately, he got admission into the University a few weeks later, so he packed his bags and went back to Port Harcourt to start a new life.

However, Fatihat was facing a new set of trouble entirely. The term was coming to an end and she tried to put that horrible event behind her as she worked hard for her final exam but it wasn’t an easy task.

Her hard work paid off. She got an excellent report at the end of the session after which she was promoted to her final year in school.

She hasn’t experienced her menstrual period in the past few weeks. She also noticed other changes in her body that were getting her worried. Her breasts were growing bigger and tender and she got tired easily after doing a few house chores.

She didn’t know what to do or who to confide in. Her worst fear was confirmed finally when one of her boss’s friend, Mrs. Kafilat Akintola, a former matron in a teaching hospital came visiting.

Yemi was taking her breakfast when her friend drove into her compound and fatihat ran out of the kitchen to open the front door for her. She dropped her bag on the sitting room settee and went into the kitchen to get her drinks.

"How are you, madam? Please join me."She said with a smile.

"Thank you. I have already taken my breakfast. Is that your house girl?" Kafilat Akintola asked casually as she strolled in and sat opposite her friend.

"Yes, she is. Is something wrong with her?" Yemi asked with a frown as she sat back.

"She is a beautiful young girl and she must have hordes of admirers. Have you noticed anything about her?" She asked quietly.

"What is wrong with her?"Yemi asked puzzled.

"I'm fairly sure she is pregnant." She stated with confidence.

"Are you serious?"Yemi asked in disbelief.
"She should be about three or four months gone by now. She will start showing very soon."

Yemi burst into laughter, a harsh bitter one. "I know it. I know it will come to this. She is too beautiful for her own good."Yemi said coldly as Fatihat came out of the kitchen and dropped the tray of Cold Drinks on the Dining room table.

"Fatihat, when was the last time you saw your menstrual flow?"Kafilat asked quietly.

"Last month ma."She lied through numbed lips.

"Are you sure? Come here." She moved closer. Kafilat checked her pupils and her palms. "Do you know you are pregnant? You can be menstruating and be pregnant at the same time. When was the last time you had sex?"She looked down at her feet in shame.

Before she could answer, Yemi gave her a hard slap from behind and she went sprawling on the floor.

"Take it easy please, Yemi."Kafilat cautioned her.

"So you've been sleeping with a man under my roof, isn't it? I've always known you are a born harlot. You've been flaunting your beautiful body around the street and opening your legs wide for anything in trousers that comes your way. Shame on you! You are not even smart enough to protect yourself. LovePeddler!" Yemi said with a sneer.

"I wasn't sleeping around."She protested with a sob and Yemi gave her a hard kick. She scrambled to her feet and moved several feet away from her boss, crying in earnest. "For your information, I'm not going to start taking care of you and that bastard in your womb. You will have to leave this house for me."Yemi told her in a final tone.

"I wasn't sleeping around ma. Please believe me. It was Tunde who raped me some weeks ago."Fatihat fell on her knees, begging desperately.

"You, gold-digging harlot! You are even lying against my son after I told you to stay away from them. You are crazy, girl."She slapped her again and the young girl cried raggedly. Kafilat turned away and walked into the kitchen. Yemi picked up her purse and brought out some naira notes which she flung at her. "I'm going out with my friend now. Please don't let me meet you in this house when I come back or else you will regret ever being born. Kafilat, please let's go." She took her bag and walked out, closely followed by her friend.

She was thrown into the street, helpless and homeless with another being growing inside her. She wished she could terminate the unwanted baby but she had no clue how to go about it neither did she know where to go. She had neither a relative nor friend to go to, even for the main time. She thought of sleeping under the bridge but she was terrified of rapists who took advantage of helpless young girls, so she started sleeping in different mosques from day to day as she moved around.

Her baby was growing and her clothes were getting tighter while she was equally running out of funds. She worked in the market at times, helping people to carry their commodities to the car or their shops and she got paid for it. She would then spend the night in an open store.

Towards the end of her third trimester, she worked on construction sites as she was able to earn more there and spent the night in the building of the site where she has worked during the day.

She woke up one morning in an abandoned building when she felt the first labor pain. The intense back pain graduated into painful contraction around her abdomen and pelvic girdle.

She sat up slowly and saw water trickling down her legs. The pains subsided a little and she felt the urge to visit the toilet. She picked up a used paper and waddled to the back of the building.

Immediately she bent down, she saw the head of the baby and stifled a terrified scream. She looked around furtively but nobody was in sight to help her.

For the first time in her life, she felt she was truly lonely and alone in the world. It was the scariest moment of her life. She knelt down carefully and prayed to God for help, mercy, and guidance.

Fortunately for her, it was an easy birth and the baby came screaming into the world. It was a baby girl. She felt nothing for the tiny pink bundle. She wrapped the baby up in numerous ragged clothing and walked far away from the building. She left the baby on an isolated and deserted pathway and retraced her step to the building to rest.

She got the shock of her life in the evening when she started having another contraction and gave birth to the second baby. It was a boy this time around.

It was quite dark by then and she couldn't go out again. She spent the whole night rocking and watching the baby, noticing little things about him. The baby stared at her face as if he could actually see her and she felt a twinge of guilt for his unknown fate.

Early the following morning, she bundled the baby into warm clothing and placed her carefully in front of the neglected building, then she packed her few belongings and wandered aimlessly away, trying not to think of what will happen to her babies.

She walked into the heart of Lagos, listlessly with no destination in mind until dusk fell and sank into the side of the road. When next she opened her eyes, it was broad daylight and a young lady was peering curiously into her face. It was Josephine Bob!

"You saved my life. I will forever be indebted to you for giving me a reason to live, Jose." Fatihat said with a grateful smile.

"Did I? I thought you have newly turn mad or something when I first saw you lying by the roadside. Especially with the tattered clothing, you wore that day but my instinct screamed at me to draw closer." Josephine smiled ruefully and she grinned at her. "But you told me you are Delilah Smith. Now I know you are not. What is your real name, Lilah?"Josephine asked quietly.

"My initial name is Fatihat Ali but I don't bear that name any longer." she said firmly. Josephine lay back on the chaise and stared into the night thoughtfully. "What is on your mind, Jose?"Fatihat asked after a moment, curiously.

"I have a lot on my mind, baby sis. The day I watched my only sister died of malaria, I felt so hopeless and so lonely and I thought it was the height of suffering and wretchedness in this world but you've been through the worst. You are so brave, girl!"She ended in a whisper.

"So?"Fatihat sensed there was more and she gave a slightly nervous laugh.

"You seem to know the Abeeb family quite well. From the little I've heard so far about them, I'm not impressed at all." She raised her glass cup and drained the content.

"Hmmm. I hope you are not thinking of dumping your boyfriend? Tunde is different from Wale. You cannot judge a whole family by the action of only one or perhaps two of them. "Fatihat cautioned quietly.

"Come off your high horse, kid sister. Is that not what you are doing too?" Josephine shot right back.
"Love one tin tin. Shebi na you wan marry, you should be ready to bear the consequence. Abeg, move to your room or wherever, I want to sleep." She told her, rudely.

Josephine got to her feet and stretched her body. "I have an early morning lecture tomorrow. I can curse that lecturer." She complained bitterly.
"That reminds me. I have a test tomorrow. I'm in trouble. mo gbe ‘o."Fatihat vaulted to her feet in haste.
"It is you, Delilah Smith. I know you will always lead the class either you read or not." She shouted after her.
"I can't even bring myself to sleep with the rotten teeth lecturer and I'm so broke I can't get fuel into my car. So how will I pass his exam?" Fatihat shot back as she changed into jeans and t-shirt and head for the study room.
"Have you forgotten you have a photographic brain?’ Josephine chuckled in amusement. ‘I really pray that my baby have your kind of brain.’ She added in a loud voice and Fatihat came back to her surprise.
"Are you pregnant?" She asked in a solemn tone. "What if I am?" She challenged her and was shocked to see something close to fear enter her sister's eyes. "Are you serious? You are expecting a baby truly?" She asked in a whisper.
"No. I'm just joking. What is it to you anyway? Am I too old or too young to have one?" Josephine asked puzzled.

Fatihat heaved a visible sigh of relief and hit her sharply in the middle of her back. Josephine staggered and stared at her in shock.
"That is for scaring me to death, you slowpoke."Fatihat told her and started down the staircase again. Josephine went after her and pulled her back by her wrist. "Why are you scared of my having a baby? Aren't you supposed to be glad for me?" She stared into her eyes and she looked away.
"Well, I don't want you to have a baby now because I am not ready to share you with anyone yet. You are the only loved one I have in my life and I am not ashamed to say that." Fatihat told her solemnly and tugged at her wrist to move away. Josephine closed the gap between them and engulfed her in a warm tight hug. She stiffened for a moment before she hugged her back.
"You can never lose me to anything except to death like you once told me. I will always share everything I have in life with you including my baby. I love you, bad girl, and so much." She took the beautiful, innocent looking face in her palms and placed a kiss on her forehead.
"Don't share your man with me. I don't want him."Fatihat said with a grin and slipped away before Josephine could smack her. "He is the only thing I won't and can’t share with you." She yelled at her and laughed. Fatihat burst into laughter too before closing the study room door.
Josephine Bob was just two years older than she was but they become very close since they met several years ago and the relationship hasn’t changed since then.

P.S

Do you want to study, work and live in Australia? We offer free education consultancy, assist with Admission processing and student visa application. We also do flight reservation and ticketing to any destination outside Nigeria. Chat me up if you are interested. I can be reached at @obolaji on twitter and https://web.facebook.com/olanrewaju.mobolaji on facebook. You may also inbox me at obolaji2002@yahoo.com......

Cheers!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Birthmark by bimberry1307(f): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
wow! she went through hell truely.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hmmmm. Nawa 4 Tunde mum oo. She no even reason with d girl.

Chai c dat twins

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by Omzee(f): 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hello dear,

I believe you are fine and all is well with you.

My darlings, my son Shalom Abulime is competing in the cussons baby challenge 2018 and I'll be grateful if you all voted for him on this link.

Please and please do not ignore. This is not a spam.

Steps to voting for Shalom

1. Click on this link or copy and paste link on your browser: https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=385679
2. Click on vote
3. Do a simple recaptcha challenge (to prove that you're not a robot) lol
4. Verify when done and Viola it's done.
As simple as ABC
Doesn't take more than 2 minutes.
Please and please guys... Help me out.
P.S: IT IS ADVISABLE TO USE CHROME OR FIREFOX FOR EASY VOTING. THANK YOU

Thanks and God bless.

Shalom's mum.

Omozele
Re: Birthmark by Jane1234f(f): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
Thanks for updating

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by crislyn(f): 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
Beautiful story.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 7:09am On Mar 11, 2018
Yes, She really suffered. It was such a pity for an intelligent young girl.
quote author=bimberry1307 post=65693677]wow! she went through hell truely. [/quote]
Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2018
Tunde's mum didn't do well at all. She has complete faith in her sons.
It is such a pity for the innocent babies.
quoteor=skubido post=65697760]Hmmmm. Nawa 4 Tunde mum oo. She no even reason with d girl.

Chai c dat twins [/quote]
Re: Birthmark by Eddyella(f): 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
I really hope d twins are safe hands.Aunty Bolape cum nd update o.

2 Likes

Re: Birthmark by queentener(f): 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
Weldone Dear, wonderful as always. Please give ur more update. why not upload it on okada books?

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by WAACUT(m): 6:50pm On Mar 13, 2018
queentener:
Weldone Dear, wonderful as always. Please give ur more update. why not upload it on okada books?
sad
queentener:
y okada books

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by heemah(f): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
WAACUT:
sady okada books
I wonder oo. Is she Okada books salesperson grin grin

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 10:30am On Mar 14, 2018
Yes, i will do that once it is completed.

Thank you.

queentener:
Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 11:28am On Mar 15, 2018
SIX

It was Friday. Tunde left his place of work earlier than usual and went to his usual Friday joint in Ogba, partly to cool off and partly to see Nike. He was not ready to give up on her and their dream to get married yet.
He was fairly sure she was going to be at the club tonight with her friends. He was halfway through a can of cold beer when his best friend came in, who was followed by his elder brother, Wale.
They pulled out a chair each at his table.
“Docky Oloye! How are you?”Olayiwola hailed Tunde’s brother.
“I’m fine, kiddo. How is your wife?” Wale grinned as he sat down and signaled to the waiter.
“She is fine.” He grimaced before answering.
“Are you guys having problems again?” Wale asked in a puzzled tone. The waiter arrived and they gave him their order.
“They are always having a problem since they got married. I’ve always known it would be the greatest mistake you will ever make. You don’t need to get married because she got pregnant with your baby.”Tunde glared at him for the umpteenth time. Ola sighed heavily.
The issue had been a bone of contention between the two friends ever since he told him about his intention to marry his longtime Edo-state born girlfriend, Enobong. “You know that was not why I marry her, Tunde. Can we drop this issue?”Olayiwola said angrily. Their orders were delivered and they were silent for some time, listening to the music blaring from all direction in the room.
“I spoke to the family lawyer. I didn’t know things have gotten this bad, Tunde. You didn’t bother to inform me.” Wale’s voice rang with silent accusation.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to bother you with the whole issue. It was enough that mum’s business has gone down the drain already.” Tunde sighed heavily and sipped his drink. “They‘ve put most of our properties on sales too. Do you have to result to such drastic measures? I mean it can’t be that bad, can it?”
“Yes, it is. The values of our stocks have dropped drastically and we have just one shareholder holding solid right now, even Tayo and Ayoola wants to sell theirs too to anybody at any cost.” Tunde’s tone was bitterly angry.
“Who is the shareholder?” Wale asked curiously.
“Delilah Smith.” The two friends chorused. Wale’s jaw dropped in shock.
“Lila Smith? That is Josephine’s younger sister.” He exclaimed in surprise. Tunde shrugged, indifferent.
“Well, all our landed properties have been sold. There is just one buyer for it as well.”Tunde informed both of them ironically.
“I think I can guess who the buyer is.”Olayiwola said ruefully.
“I see. I think something is going on here. No wonder she took an instant dislike to me. Do you guys have an idea of what it is?” Wale asked, truly perplexed.
“I have a guess. Can you remember the episode I told you about her and Nike in my bedroom a few days ago?”Tunde turned to his friend.
“Yeah. You are here to see Nike, right?”
“You are right, guy. She hasn’t been picking my calls. There is something else I didn’t tell you.” His voice was somber. The two men stared at him in expectation. “She is Fatihat Ali.”His voice was barely above a whisper. The can of beer in his friend’s hand dropped abruptly. The waiter ran over to mop the table and his trouser while he went practically mute with shock.
“I don’t understand. The name rings a bell but I can’t place it.” Wale said in confusion. “She was a former housemaid in our house. You were in the school of medicine then and you never met her.”Tunde popped open another can of beer and drank as if his life depended on it.
“Tunde raped her during her stay in your house.”Olayiwola recovered at last.
Wale looked from one friend to another in horror that gradually changed into anger. “What kind of human being are you, guys? You’ve been going around destroying women’s lives in the name of being young virile men and now we are all suffering the repercussion of your irresponsible actions. You are so disgusting!” His voice was full of fury. The two friends stared into their drink silently. “What are we going to do now? Why is she hitting on the whole family?” He asked after some time.
“I have a clue but I’m not so sure until I talk to mum and I don’t want to do it alone.”Tunde looked at him and his heart sank in dread. “There is more to this, isn’t it?”Wale asked in near whisper and he nodded, looking away in time to see Nike’s friends came in but she wasn’t among them. The girls moved to another table and refused to acknowledge his presence, his heart sank like lead.
“No problem. We will have to see mum together then. I need to talk to those little boys as well. They need to hold on to their share of the company like a lifeline.” Wale got to his feet and bade them goodnight before walking out.
Tunde woke up the following morning with a heavy hangover and strolled over to the bar in his room to down one more extra smooth. It has been a restless night, yet he was not near getting a solution to his problems. He took his bath and changed into combat shorts and t-shirt before heading for the kitchen.
His mum was out of the house, probably still shuttling around for funds that were not forthcoming.
He took a breakfast of toast with hot tea and drove over to the Alpha beach to cool off. By the time he got there, the sun was up and the weather was growing hotter by the minute.
Few people were already there. He felt he could relax and at the same time tried to work something out. He strolled along the sandy shore, thoughtfully and saw a camp bed in the distance with a huge umbrella shielding the person lying on it. He could make out a lady’s figure on the bed.
She was reading a novel and smoking simultaneously. He strolled towards her direction. It was Delilah Smith.
She was clad in a pink bikini bra and pants and her body glistened from a recent swim in the salty water. He strolled over to her and looked down at her.
She felt a shadow fell on her and removed her sun shade glasses before looking up.
“Hi, Fati.”
“I beg your pardon? There must have been a mistake. I’m Lilah Smith.” She told him haughtily.
He got to his knees and stared her straight in the face. “Call yourself any dog name you feel like but you are fatihat Ali and that is what I will always call you.” He told her firmly.
“Whatever. Can you please move on and let me enjoy my peace, Mr. Abeeb?”Her voice dripped with unhidden hostility.
He sat down on the sand beside her camp bed and pulled off his t-shirt as sweat trickled down the middle of his back. “You are still free to call me Tunde like you used to. I’ve no intention of obeying your orders.” He grinned at her.
“It is a free world. Enjoy your stay in my territory.” The sunshade glass was back firmly in place and she went back to her novel. He snatched the novel out of her hand and dropped it beside him, out of her reach.
“Are you with your sense at all? What is your problem, Tunde Abeeb?” She asked coldly, staring down at him as she lifted the sunshade glass away.
“I want to talk to you.” He stared right back.
“We have nothing to say to each other. We’ve said it all years ago, Mr. Abeeb.”She informed him.
“That is where you are wrong, fatihat Ali. If you don’t want anything to do with me, you won’t bother to interfere in my family business, talkless of having the audacity to buy our assets. We have a lot to say to each other for a very long time.” He told her quietly. “Really? I deal with your lawyers and stockholders. I have no business with you, sir. Get in touch with mine if you have something to say.”
“Yes, you have a business with me when you also wade into my personal relationship. Moreover, we are also co-owners of Abeebs group of company and we need to meet to discuss the way to move the company forward. I heard you’ve turned that building on Opebi road into a big five-star hotel, right?”His voice was heavy with sarcasm which covered the raging fury in him.
“What I do with the properties I acquire is none of your damn business. I want to be a silent partner in your father’s company, how about that for a thought?” She glared at him. “Chickening out? I thought you have more gut than this.” He openly mocked her.
“I don’t run away from anything, guy. When is your next board meeting?” She swallowed the bait and instantly regretted her words. Her heart hammered heavily in her ribcage. She has always been a silent partner in all her business acquisition. Money opens all doors was her belief until now…
“It is on Monday at 9.00am.”He informed her as he got to his feet. “I will see you then” He threw over the words over his shoulder as he moved away.
She stared at his back, seething with rage and then she froze abruptly.
Just above his belt at the index in his waist was a dark mole, a birthmark, the type she has noticed on the back of her twin babies and wondered where it has come from because she didn’t have one!

Yetunde Kolawole believed she was the most miserable woman who lived on the surface of the earth.
She had grown up with her grandma who was a well-known businesswoman during her time. The older woman sold clothes and pieces of jewelry and Yetunde learned the trade as she grew up.
She finished her secondary school at the age of seventeen and went straight into business. She usually traveled to the north to buy the merchandise at a cheaper rate and sold it in a store in Balogun market.
By the time she was in her twenties, she could boast of several thousand in her bank account.
She met her husband, Adeniyi salami during one of her travels to the north.
Niyi was three years older than she was and was an accounting student at Kaduna Polytechnic when they met. He was from a polygamous family and was always having financial problem which she never failed to sort out.
She had also helped him secured a job in a reputable firm in Lagos in addition to introducing him into business. She was in her mid-twenties when they got married and they had been very happy at the initial stage of their marriage.
After five years of marriage, she couldn’t get pregnant and hell was let loose in her home. The pressure from her in-laws increased every day and she ran from pillar to post in her bid to get pregnant.
She went for medical check-ups and test in exclusive hospitals but the results were the same. She was fertile and there was nothing wrong with her medically, then she resulted in visiting traditional practitioners.
However, matters came to an end when rumors reached her that her husband had impregnated a younger woman but he denied the allegation outright. A short nikka (Islamic wedding ceremony) took place in her husband’s family house when the young lady by name, Oyinlola gave birth to a baby boy and she was officially brought home. After a while, things started heating up between herself and the new wife.
She packed her things without informing anybody one fateful day and moved into her new house. She then filed for divorce.
Despite all her marital problems, her wealth has continued to increase in leaps and bounds and she started investing in landed property and estates. Her new home was one of her properties and she just acquired another half-building when the crises in her home got to the peak.
Her first free Saturday as a single woman, she got into her car and drove to the new site after breakfast. The environment was covered in weed but the main building was surprisingly neat. She made her way around the house and stopped in the front when she saw a bundle of rags on the floor.
Her heart picked up speed and she made to turn away in haste when she saw a slight movement, then an ear-splitting yell filled the air.
A baby? She thought in amazement as she edged closer and peered into the bundle of rags. It was a newborn baby; it raised its legs and hands into the air and screamed loudly with his lungs.
“Is somebody here?” Yetunde shouted as she looked around from corner to corner. There was a sign of previous, very recent occupancy because the place had been swept clean and there were traces of blood which revealed the fact that the birth had taken place in the house.
She also thought that the mother must have been a sane reckless young girl because there was no sign of rubbish to point at an insane woman. She walked back to the front of the house and stared down at the screaming baby. Tears filled her eyes as she thought of the way she had prayed to have one of her own while some stupid woman has the gut to throw hers away. She picked the baby up and drove straight to her private hospital to carry out all medical check- up on the new-born!

P.S
Do you want to study, work and live in Australia? We offer free education consultancy, assist with Admission processing and student visa application. We also do flight reservation and ticketing to any destination outside Nigeria. Chat me up if you are interested. I can be reached at @obolaji on twitter and https://web.facebook.com/olanrewaju.mobolaji on facebook. You may also inbox me at obolaji2002@yahoo.com......

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Birthmark by aprilwise(m): 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
Tanks alot 4d update ma.

Dey make sense dey go. Jah bless

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
Tanks alot 4d update ma.

Dey make sense dey go. Jah bless

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by mirob(f): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2018
Wow is all I can say, all your stories are captivating. You are so good at this.Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by oloyedprince1(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2018
bolape, i dey feel u ooo, i jus no 1 talk ni, jah bless u for making my day great with ur story, update

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2018
Thanks a lot, Guys!

Your feedback makes my day. I appreciate!

So one of the twins find a home, what do u think will happen to the other one?
Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
BOLAPE:
Thanks a lot, Guys!

Your feedback makes my day. I appreciate!

So one of the twins find a home, what do u think will happen to the other one?

hmmm, funny u sist. If u dey ask us, who make we ask from. Lolzzz

Na u get d key nao. For me oo, tink d second chid we save too

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by bimberry1307(f): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hmmm, I hope she finds her children.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by heemah(f): 2:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
Pls save the other twin too...
Biko Madam

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2018
Lemme guess
Yetunde's Jose's mum

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hmm. Let's keep our fingers crossed.**smiles
Buckubuck:
Lemme guess
Yetunde's Jose's mum
Re: Birthmark by PricelessCharm(f): 10:51am On Mar 18, 2018
Buckubuck:
Lemme guess
Yetunde's Jose's mum
Josephine is older than fati and yetunde couldn't get pregnant. It was fati's child tha yetunde raised.

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by BOLAPE(f): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
SEVEN

‘For a baby that was malnourished during his stay inside there, he is surprisingly hale and hearty. It is almost too miraculous to be true.’ Her gynecologist, Doctor Halima Jimada told her in a voice, tinged with surprise. She has become a close friend throughout the years she has been battling her barrenness.
‘You need to see the way he was screaming at the top of his voice when I saw him this morning.’ Yetunde tried to smile as she looked down at the baby who was on the second bottle of baby formula. His eyes were closed but his small mouth was working furiously while he held the bottle close with his second fist.
She swallowed the lump in her throat and felt her friend’s palm came to rest on her shoulder in reassurance. She looked up and her eyes shone with unshed tears.
‘Would I say God is unjust on His throne? What did I do to deserve these years of barrenness in my life, Halima?’ A lone tear rolled slowly down her cheek.
‘Don’t be ungrateful to your Creator, Yetunde. Count your blessings. How many women are as rich as you are? Hell, how many people are as rich as you are? Everything you touched turns into Gold. You can’t have it all.’ Halima’s smile was gentle, even as she was firm and realistic. Yetunde sighed sadly.
‘He is still on the throne and He still answers prayers. He only does it in ways that are beyond human’s scope.’ Her hand rubbed a spot on her shoulder, it was surprisingly soothing. She met her gaze.
‘Get your lawyer and set about adopting him. The Nigeria system is in a rot already. This little man needs you more than anything else in the world.’
‘What if his mother turns up to claim him in the future?’ She voiced the niggling thought in her head. Halima laughed but it wasn’t a pleasant sound.
‘We will cross the bridge when we get there.’
Olalekan Kolawole was named after her father. She tried not to be emotionally attached to the baby but it was a losing battle.
Lekan was dark in complexion and good looking. He was pampered with everything which money can buy.
He was enrolled in an exclusive private school by the time he was three.
She drives him to school every morning and went to pick him up in the afternoon on a daily basis.
Her whole life revolved around his existence until she met Ademola Badmus when Lekan was five.
Her son took an instant dislike to her lover-to-be.
It was Monday morning. Fatihat remembered she was supposed to be at the board meeting in Abeebs’s company just as she opened her eyes.
“Can you imagine that brute telling me I have to be there? Can’t I do anything I like with my company?” She complained to Josephine as they had breakfast in the kitchen. The latter laughed at her.
“I can’t remember the last time you wore a real suit. You just keep piling them in that enormous wardrobe of yours.” Josephine said, eyeing her appreciatively. She was clad in dark blue mini skirt suit with a white inner camisole. Her smooth fair legs ended in a pair of solid heel black shoes. Her dark long hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her face was devoid of makeup.
“How do I look?” She asked anxiously as she got to her feet and turned around.
“You look good and sexy as hell. You are the youngest CEO in Nigeria.” She grinned at her.
“I’m very nervous. What will I say when I get there for God’s sake?”Fatihat asked worriedly. She removed a stick of cigar from the pack in front of her and lit it. She inhaled and released sharply, a cloud of smoke covered her face for a while.
“You will find something to say, I’m very sure. That is why you are Delilah Smith alias the bad girl.” Josephine hailed her with a smile.
“How is the hotel business going? There is nothing as good as revenge. I feel good.” She flashed her gaped-teeth smile, a smile which had led many men astray in the past.
“You are the only one who knows how well it feels. Anyway, it is nice to be employed and be paid well. Your name alone has won over enough customers.” Josephine got to her feet and cleaned the table.
Fatihat dropped the half-smoked cigar into the ash tray and ran upstairs to put on a light make-up. She picked up her car key and hand-bag on her way out of the house and drove out, closely followed by Josephine in her ash color v-boot.
She drove into the company’s premises on the outskirt of Lagos and just realized how mighty it was.
She was unusually early and parked in the managing director’s parking space. There was only one other car in the parking space. She noted that it was only the security man and few staffs who were punctual in the office.
Lateness is the order of the day in this company, she noted and filed it away as she moved around leisurely in the compound. She walked into the manufacturing and warehouse section. The whole place was empty. She was about to leave when she saw movement at the far corner and moved there without hesitation. She saw two young men, moving sacks of raw material into a waiting van just outside the place.
“Where are those going, young men?”She asked quietly, moving in noiselessly on them. They dropped the bags in fright.
“The factory manager, Mr. Bamgbose asked us to drop it in the waiting car. Who are you ma?”The taller of the two men asked suspiciously.
“I’m a new employee. Do you two work here too? If you can tell me anything, I will make it worth your time.” She said quietly as she removed some naira notes from her bag and handed it over to them.
“Thank you, ma.”They both chorused.
By the time, Fatihat was through and came out of the place, the parking space was overfilled. She took a deep breath and walked into the administrative block.
Tunde Abeeb was the first person she saw and he paused when he saw her.
“You look good. I didn’t know you still have any decent clothing in your wardrobe.’ He grinned at her. She hit him at the back of his head before she could stop herself. “Are you crazy?” He said as he stumbled forward.
“You have always been bad-mouthed. Where are the others?” She noted the deserted office.
“They are waiting for us in the conference room. Are you ready?” He pulled her hand towards the closed door and she hung back reluctantly.
“I’m not ready for anything; damn it and you know it.” She snapped at him.
“Well, it is too late for that. Can we go in now?” He glanced at his wristwatch.
“Can I smoke just one stick? Please?”She pleaded desperately.
“Fatihat! Move it now.” He snapped at her.
“Let’s go.” She hissed at him as she marched in with her head held high and he stifled a grin as he walked in behind her.
She was introduced to the board of directors and she was offered the seat of the chairman/managing director of Abeebs group of company, Mustapha Abeeb‘s former position. She felt a thrill of success! Revenge is sweet and she savored the taste as she looked around at the staffs, waiting for her to address them. She knew a moment of panic before her in-born confidence kicked in. She didn’t waste time on the preamble and went straight to the point.
“Charity, they say begins at home. We are the root and architect of our own problems. Firstly, we are shutting down the liquid section of the pharmaceutical company until further notice. The production and factory managers have been indulging in random theft and I witnessed one of those this morning.” She paused and there were murmurs all over the room while Tunde watched her expressionlessly without a word. “Then we are re-visiting a few company policies like resumption time and security. I’m open to suggestions. As for the debts owned by the company, I know most of the managing directors in these banks. I will talk to them and give you a feedback in our next meeting. Suggestions please” She looked at her note and glanced at their faces one after the other. There were murmurs of general approval and for the first time in weeks, Tunde saw a semblance of a smile on the director’s faces.
“Well done, Miss Smith. We are on our way to the Promised Land. I look forward to working with you ma. ” Edward Fadairo, Operations Director came forward to shake her hand.
“Thank you, sir. It will be my pleasure.” She smiled at him as she returned the firm handshake.
The meeting ended shortly after and another meeting began with the entire staff.
It was at the general meeting that Tunde realized the extent of Fatihat’s ruthlessness when dealing with someone she had no regard for. By the time they were through, half of the managers were gone and most of the employees were highly subdued by the new policies. He knew they will receive a lot of resignation letters in the ensuing weeks. He couldn’t fault her though because he would have done the same thing exactly!
It was evening time by the time fatihat sat down in one of the conference room seats and put her legs on the table. She brought out a cigar stick and smoked silently as the place was cleaned away while Tunde sat opposite her, watching her.
“What is on your mind? Did I mess up?” she asked quietly.
“You really want this company back on its feet, don’t you?” He asked casually.
“It is the only way I can get a return on my money.” She replied tartly as she dropped ash on the ashtray and recrossed her legs on the table.
He followed her movement with his eyes and sighed inaudibly. “What do you want, fatihat? I’m sorry about what happened years ago. It was a mistake and I apologize for it.” His voice rang with sincerity.
Fatihat dropped the half-smoked cigar in the harsh tray and lit another one before dropping her feet on the tiled floor, then stood up. “You know what, Tunde abeeb? How about if I offer you a good portion of what you wanted years ago in exchange for your father’s company completely and totally. I’m quite sure I can make it work.” She gave him a quick grin.
He sat back, speechless. “My father’s company means a lot to me and I’m determined to hold on to by at all cost.” He gritted his teeth, battling to quench his rising anger.
“I thought as much, so quit bringing up what happened between us years ago. Your eyes were wide open when you did it and you are not sorry, I’m quite sure of that.” She said coldly as she came to stand before him.
“We can’t continue this way if we are going to work together, Fatihat and you know it.” He tipped his chair back to look into her face. “Anyway, I’m impressed with what you did today, you have achieved half of what I intend to do.”He changed the topic swiftly and she sat down again.
“What do you have in mind?” She repeated his previous question. By the time he was through with his sketchy plan for the company’s future, she was really impressed and a part of her plot for revenge had just slid in place. Tunde Abeeb will work for her, Fatihat Ali aka Delilah Smith; she smiled inwardly as she listened to him.
By the time she got home that day, her stockbroker has gotten her the shares that belonged to the Abeeb brothers, Ayoola and Tayo.

P.S

Cheers!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Birthmark by Eddyella(f): 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
Not yet satisfied,more pls...

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by lonesome501(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
arabinrin bolape,,welldone!

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by skubido(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hmmm. Tanks 4d update...

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by aprilwise(m): 4:08am On Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Birthmark by indodon(m): 6:14am On Mar 20, 2018
we here....

Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Almost Paradise / Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.