Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 (25966 Views)

PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now / PDP kicks as PLASIEC declares APC winner of Plateau LG polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by omonnakoda: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

How many people from Yoruba pass jamb?
This could have been a better question
JAMB is not a pass or fail examination. You are not intelligent enough to know that?

Go and find someone intelligent enough to explain that to you. State universities use JAMB as one of the criteria in determining admission. There is no RIGHT to admission in LASU for a Parallelogram head. Bitter truth. .
Even in Federal universities JAMB has never been the only determinant. So talking of Passing JAMB is like saying you passed an interview for US VISA

Objection overruled. The law stands

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
Guys please let's not stoop low as wasting our time arguing with these dirty idiots. If their leaders can come up with a ridiculous bill, how much more the lead?

I give up on arguments of this nature. Thank God am Igbo, am enlightened by the virtue of my ethnicity.

However, let's keep dominating them, but don't forget to make them your slaves like you have always done, pending when we wipe them out completely.

Long live
Imo
Abia
Enugu
Ebonyi
Anambra states
And our conquered states
Lagos
Kano
Kaduna
States......

I have to go check out my property in Ikoyi, I will be right back. One love to #Ndiigbo and our slaves #NdiYoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Hey cannibal! you have been noticed. Your people who leave their place which is "heaven" loaded like cargoes in the booth of Ifesinachi buses to come to the land of "people who die of malnutrition" They must love penury and malnutrition so much to make them embark on the journey. A human flesh eating osu that sleeps inside a 2 by 2 kiosk is talking about penury. I am a landlord in this Lagos. I have a spare room in my compound where I keep my domestic animals, I can out of mercy and service to humanity spare you that room. You will only need to bring that carton that you lay on the floor of your 2 by 2. Hopeless FLAT HEAD CANNIBAL.
AH! Egbon Michael, o ti to. Ma je ki awon oloriburuku biased MODS yen (M.ynd44, Lalasticlal.a) ban e oo! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by franugo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Go back and read the attachment very well. sad General Studies is a mandatory course at 100 level for all tertiary institutions in Anambra. And Igbo is a compulsory part of that course. There is nowhere in the law enacted by Lagos State House of Assembly, that makes Yoruba as important as English or Mathematics. It only states that a credit pass in the language, is an entry requirement for students who wish to attend any of the 5 higher institutions owned by the state. You are the one trying to put a false spin on it, and mislead people. It is not by force to attend a tertiary institution owned by Lagos state, is it? Go to a federal institution, or attend anyone owned by the 35 other states of the federation. Inugo?

what spin am i putting on it sir?? firstly, before entering the uni in lagos state, you have to have at least a credit in yoruba, not so? according to this law anyway...all I am saying sir is that this is not the case in the east as some of you here have opined, where is the spin in what i just typed?
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by akigbemaru: 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
ODVanguard:
The Op and the PDP are wasting their time. Igbos themselves pioneered this move in the SE long before Lagos did and we didn't hear kpim. Those that want to be exempted should stop making noise and just simply opt for Lagos federal unis instead. It is not by force to attend Lagos state owned schools.

www.thenationonlineng.net/obiano-makes-igbo-language-compulsory/,
www.biatimes.com/2016/03/07/nigeria-igbo-language-now-compulsory-in-igbo-schools-governor-rochas-okorocha/, www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/university-make-igbo-language-compulsory-course-students
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by franugo(m): 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

No, Lagos state is NOT trying to make Yoruba language compulsory for all courses in their tertiary institutions, as the courses being offered in those institutions will NOT be taught in Yoruba language. Lagos state is only making a credit pass at SSCE and NECO level, an entry requirement or a criteria for admission, into any tertiary institution owned by the state. Can you spot the difference?

sir, you crack me up...lets put it this way, if you take the waec/neco exams, pass english and maths, but fail yoruba, according to this law, you cannot get admission into the state universities right does this, then, not make yoruba a compulsory subject to enter the uni? i did not state that courses in the unis would be taught using yoruba (after all no course in the uni has been taught using maths), what i stated and meant was that yoruba language is being unnecessarily elevated to a core subject for entry into university like maths and english are for most courses, infact if this law is actualized, then yoruba would be more important than maths and english as there are courses which do not require maths or english as prerequisite to study them.
hope we are clear sir?
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
JohnXcel:
AH! Egbon Michael, o ti to. Ma je ki awon oloriburuku biased MODS yen (M.ynd44, Lalasticlal.a) ban e oo! grin grin grin
I don vex jare. Can you believe that Anambra state's version of the bill had been in place since 2009, see a lot of them supporting it. Their own even include an option of fine for non compliance. ki wani problem won?
https://www.nairaland.com/278804/anambras-igbo-language-bill
Na the thread be this na.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by taiwojoe40(m): 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
samkay3g:
pdp is finished in Lagos with this sort of politics dey are playing

i wld advice the house of assembly to enact a law to give those ungrateful developers in lagos correct abaja tribal marks or they shld be deported back to israel
aaaaahhhhh....abegi ooo...keke or baramu tribal marks will be better..
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Habakus: 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
toodark:
lagos is yoruba area....period...they can speak yoruba if they want in their area....doesnt matter what igbos say...

igbos like to make too much noise...other tribes are not complaining....nobody send igbos....
Are you sure someone didn't curse you people with this obsession on the Igbos?
How the hell did you manage to make this about Igbos?
Tufiakwa!
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by femolii: 5:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
biggy26:

Guy, there's no basis for comparison. A Nigerian language has always been compulsory in secondary schools, but doesn't determine ur admission. Secondly, Lagos, is a cosmopolitan state, so u can't compare it with states in d east or other regions. That u pass Yoruba for instance, doesn't mean u can speak d language. What d govt. should do is to encourage parents to teach their wards Yoruba especially Yoruba families. Nigeria issue big pass language abeg.
See your mouth like cosmopolitan call lagos whatever u like but is not osu land staying in lagos can not make u indigen of lagos osu people self.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by biggy26: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
femolii:
See your mouth like cosmopolitan call lagos whatever u like but is not osu land staying in lagos can not make u indigen of lagos osu people self.
I refuse to be affected by your bitterness...lol. When you were told to vote right, you didn't, now hunger is making you bitter. I guess you weren't even born close to Lagos. By the way, your doctorate in yoruba language has affected your spelling.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:
Guys please let's not stoop low as wasting our time arguing with these dirty idiots. If their leaders can come up with a ridiculous bill, how much more the lead?

I give up on arguments of this nature. Thank God am Igbo, am enlightened by the virtue of my ethnicity.

However, let's keep dominating them, but don't forget to make them your slaves like you have always done, pending when we wipe them out completely.

Long live
Imo
Abia
Enugu
Ebonyi
Anambra states
And our conquered states
Lagos
Kano
Kaduna
States......

I have to go check out my property in Ikoyi, I will be right back. One love to #Ndiigbo and our slaves #NdiYoruba.
Won't you go and check your properties in UK, US, indonesia n china grin

6 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by mercyville: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
jaymichael:
I thought I was talking to someone sane but since I realized that you are a lunatic fellow with down syndrome, I take back my offer to accommodate you in my Goat pen. Go back to your soak away pit you sleep in. You own Lagos but always rejoice with any negative news about Lagos. Cursed fellow.

lol...Igbos own Lagos just like the Ijaws own London and Tokyo..If only wishes were horses.The same cry Azikiwe cried until he went to the great beyond...they suffer from a disease called reality deficiency syndrome . grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by mercyville: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
Pigsandidiots:

The funny thing is that he sleeps in their usual 2×2 shop with his poverty stricken relatives.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:
I guess you are dumb, you don't understand the meaning of SLAVES, your slaves are the ones living in highbrow areas in Lagos while masters are living in slums grin grin

Igbo man Sir Louis Ojukwu, Nigeria first millionaire was the first to acquire properties in Ikoyi after colonial masters left, Igbo man ABC Ojiakor is first Nigeria to acquire property in Eko Atlantic city, Igbo dominant in Festac, Lekki, Banana Island VGC etc, go to major markets and see how your people are serving Igbos, your Male parking vehicles while females wash toilets and carry load for customers at the end of the day omo Igbo will give money to take care of ignorant ones like you cheesy, I guess you haven't seen latest poverty report, southwest are the mostimpoverish region in south
You get a high from peddling these stories don't you? cheesy For every single Igbo man living in Ikoyi, there are 6 more Yoruba men as well as 3 more Northerners living there. Try not to kill yourself over another man's property, inugo? And try to reduce the amount of lies, you keep recycling online. It paints you in a bad light.

Where is the proof that Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu was the first Nigerian to acquire property in Ikoyi, after the colonial masters left? He had property there, but he was not the 1st Nigerian to do so. As for saying Igbo people have more property in Banana Island or VGC than any other ethnic group, unless you have done a survey or a census to prove this, it means you are just lying.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2018
franugo:
sir, you crack me up...lets put it this way, if you take the waec/neco exams, pass english and maths, but fail yoruba, according to this law, you cannot get admission into the state universities right does this, then, not make yoruba a compulsory subject to enter the uni? i did not state that courses in the unis would be taught using yoruba (after all no course in the uni has been taught using maths), what i stated and meant was that yoruba language is being unnecessarily elevated to a core subject for entry into university like maths and english are for most courses, infact if this law is actualized, then yoruba would be more important than maths and english as there are courses which do not require maths or english as prerequisite to study them.
hope we are clear sir?

You did state that courses in the state owned tertiary institutions like medicine and engineering would be taught in Yoruba. Or have you forgotten? shocked Go back to your previous posts. And yes, a credit pass in Yoruba would be required for admission into a Lagos stated owned institution. Why does this fact upset you so much? And if you call it compulsory, mandatory or whatever.... na you sabi. undecided

No one is begging you to apply into their institution, so why are you so pained? shocked The law does not ostracise anybody, in fact it promotes inclusion. It means a non-Yoruba who speaks and writes the language fluently at SSCE or NECO level well enough to get a credit pass in it, would be admitted much faster, long before a Yoruba person who lacks a credit pass in the same language! Go figure! cheesy

When Anambra made Igbo a compulsory part of the General Studies courses at 100 level, in their state-owned tertiary institutions, you did not complain that "...the language is being unnecessarily elevated to a core subject...", like you have been whining on this board. Biko, try not to kill yahself over Lagos state-owned institutions. sad You are still free to study in any of the other 35 states, that do not have this law, inugo?

franugo:
what spin am i putting on it sir?? firstly, before entering the uni in lagos state, you have to have at least a credit in yoruba, not so? according to this law anyway...all I am saying sir is that this is not the case in the east as some of you here have opined, where is the spin in what i just typed?

The case in the SE is even worse. undecided Once you gain entry into a state-owned tertiary institution in Anambra, you are made to study the General Studies course which is compulsory, and Igbo is a mandatory aspect of that course. It is hypocritical, as non-Igbo students who knew nothing about such requirement before admission, only get to learn about it, after joining the school and paying their fees. They do not have a say in it after registration, and must pass the course before they can graduate. sad

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by sekxyqueen(f): 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2018
cheesy
see our yoruba warriors..this pic keeps cracking me up

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

[s]You get a high from peddling these stories don't you? cheesy For every single Igbo man living in Ikoyi, there are 6 more Yoruba men as well as 3 more Northerners living there. Try not to kill yourself over another man's property, inugo? And try to reduce the amount of lies, you keep recycling online. It paints you in a bad light.

Where is the proof that Sir Louis Odumegwu ojukwu was the first Nigerian to acquire property in ikoyi, after the colonial masters left? He had property there, but he was not the 1st Nigerian to do so. As for saying Igbo people have more property in Banana Island or VGC than any other ethnic group, unless you have done a survey or a census to prove this, it means you are just lying.[/s]
We will enjoy one Nigeria together, you people here in Anambra are begging for unity, so brace-up grin grin

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
mercyville:

lol...Igbos own Lagos just like the Ijaws own London and Tokyo..If only wishes were horses.The same cry Azikiwe cried until he went to the great beyond...they suffer from a disease called reality deficiency syndrome . grin
I have never seen a tribe so full of hatred and jealousy like those FLAT HEAD CANNIBALS. what and who the Igbos can't dominate, they hate and castigate with their stinky mouth like that of a vulture devouring rotten corpse.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Ihatepork: 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lol. What's the point of arguing back and forth over a bill that has already been passed. Medicine after death. They should have challenged it before it was passed. Too late already grin cheesy

Even DAWN commission already commended LASG. Knowing the type of person Ambode is, he doesn't give a rat's ass. They already knew what the reaction would be before they passed it lol. The usual noisemakers from potorpotor republic will huff and puff for few days and move on. The PDP dundees too will bring up the matter again when it's election time grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekxyqueen:
cheesy

Were they get minds grin grin Picture are Nigerdelta militants that surrender their weapons for amnesty during GEJ tenure

This is pic OPC members grin grin grin

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Ihatepork: 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Pigsandidiots:

You dey mind that one. Same idiots we see daily are mansion owners online. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
bigpicture001:
..now I know u reason with your leg,hence,u step on it and then become senseless....hv u visited uniben,unical, uniuyo,.unilag etc..did u notice that the general studies in each of these skls, hv a language study according to the tradition of each host state,y then call out Imo nd anambra as dou dey do somtjing difrent..no school in the entire country will deny you admission if you dont have a pass in a language subject..that is what lagos wants to start..so mr, señales man, don't confuse ppl here with what is not obtainable else where...foolish triabalized tribe...always hating nd still pointing fingers
I know you resorted to insults, because you were pained by the Lagos state law. But you have indirectly validated my stand, by letting everyone know, that the General Studies courses in each of the schools you mentioned in Uyo, Calabar and Benin have a language component in it. You still need to provide proof, so that we can all crosscheck and verify. Unilag however, does not have a language component in its General Studies course. I attended that school, so stop lying!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
biggy26:
Guy, there's no basis for comparison. A Nigerian language has always been compulsory in secondary schools, but doesn't determine ur admission. Secondly, Lagos, is a cosmopolitan state, so u can't compare it with states in d east or other regions. That u pass Yoruba for instance, doesn't mean u can speak d language. What d govt. should do is to encourage parents to teach their wards Yoruba especially Yoruba families. Nigeria issue big pass language abeg.

So why are you lot getting worked up, for crying out loud? shocked The fact that Lagos is a cosmopolitan state, does not mean it does not have a cultural heritage, does it? It doesn't mean that it lacks an indigenous language, does it? And yes, passing Yoruba at SSCE and NECO level, does not mean you can speak the language, but it does mean you would have a lot of fun learning it. cheesy Please note: Lagos state has only 5 or 6 higher institutions, as compared to all the other higher institutions in Nigeria. So why everyone is getting upset over the admission criteria into this small number of schools, is what I cannot understand.... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:
We will enjoy one Nigeria together, you people here in Anambra are begging for unity, so brace-up grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by sekxyqueen(f): 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:

Were they get minds grin grin Picture are Nigerdelta militants that surrender their weapons for amnesty during GEJ tenure

This is pic OPC members grin grin grin
hahahaha,,this one off me grin
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
Ihatepork:
Lol. What's the point of arguing back and forth over a bill that has already been passed. Medicine after death. They should have challenged it before it was passed. Too late already grin cheesy

Even DAWN commission already commended LASG. Knowing the type of person Ambode is, he doesn't give a rat's ass. They already knew what the reaction would be before they passed it lol. The usual noisemakers from potorpotor republic will huff and puff for few days and move on. The PDP dundees too will bring up the matter again when it's election time grin
I don't even know why they are wailing endlessly over the law. sad Was it passed behind the 3 Igbo legislators that are in the Lagos house of assembly? Abi, their state govts do not have state-owned tertiary institutions that they can attend? Even my own little state has about 2 higher institutions, I can still attend if I choose to go back to school, for another course. Na wa, o! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 6:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
mercyville:

The funny thing is that he sleeps in their usual 2×2 shop with his poverty stricken relatives.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekxyqueen:
cheesy

Won't you go n check your properties in Italy and Australia like your bloda above? grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Won't you go n check your properties in Italy and Australia like your bloda above? grin
mercyville:

Biko, e don do..... una no go kill person with laugh for here....!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by deomelllo: 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lagos PDP = Awon omo ale a ko ti'le ta

Very soon, we'll deport you all to join your ipob friends in their ipob villages..

grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
Ihatepork:

You dey mind that one. Same idiots we see daily are mansion owners online. grin cheesy
Lol, e weak me. He will soon check his private jet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Police Killed Chigozie Nwaiwu & Labelled Him IPOB Leader To Cover Up - SR / Tinubu’s Daughter, Folashade Criticized Over Her Independence Day Speech / Obaseki Appreciates Edo People On The Street After Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.