Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 (25969 Views)

PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now / PDP kicks as PLASIEC declares APC winner of Plateau LG polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by letusbepieces: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2018
[s]
LaudableXX:

Well since I am not from the Southwest, I really find your tantrums over Odua Republic amusing. grin Why are you so bothered about them? Do you want to become their first president?
[/s]

EVIL TAKES HOLD OF THE LAND, WHEN THE GOOD PEOPLE STANDBY AND DO NOTHING.

U WANT TO MAKE THIS PERSONAL WITH ME BUT I AM NOT THE AUTHOR OF THIS ARTICLE AND NEITHER AM I THE PLAYERS RESPONDING TO APPARTHIED IN LAGOS.

THE AUTHOR AND RESPONDANT ARE ONE NIGERIAN YORUBAS, THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THE STRENGHT IN OUR DIVERSITY AND THE SHARING FORMULAR OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY.

IF AMBODE HAS NO DEVELOPMENT POLICIES AND WANT TO WASTE THE REMAINDER OGF HIS TIME IN COURT, THEY ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO OBLIGE HIM.

HE WILL REGRET THE DAY HE VENTURED INTO TRIBAL SUPREMACIST POLITICS AND ETHNIC CLEANSING.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by NdubuisiVictor: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:
Coneheads are dying in penury and malnutrition

Lagos is national common wealth majority of the wealth came from Nigerdelta and Igbos

Onistha, the cursed piggery land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
God bless you and your entire generation. Some people just like making unnecessary noise with their dirty mouths

If you don't know how to read

One -okan

Two- eji

Tiri- eta

Four - Erin

Five - arun

Sex - EFA

Seben - eje

Hate - ejo

Nine - esan

Ten - ewa

Forget about our state school. We must preserve and promote our indigenous language.

You just reminded me of those Yoruba language classes we had in secondary school, when I was in high school in the Southwest. At the end of the course, I was able to master all the insults but learnt very little about the language, thanks to my classmates! grin Nothing beats those classes, jare. I had a lot of fun!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 10:59am On Feb 13, 2018
AishaBuhari:
And if other regions should follow suit, Afonjas will start shouting marginalization - They take actions without proper reasoning angry
Mumu, when obiano did his own, mention any yoruba man that complain. Your brain is paining you.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by NdubuisiVictor: 10:59am On Feb 13, 2018
[s]
letusbepieces:
[s][/s]

U WANT TO MAKE THIS PERSONAL WITH ME BUT I AM NOT THE AUTHOR OF THIS ARTICLE AND NEITHER AM I THE PLAYERS RESPONDING TO APPARTHIED IN LAGOS.

THE AUTHOR AND RESPONDANT ARE ONE NIGERIAN YORUBAS, IF AMBODE HAS NO DEVELOPMENT POLICIES AND WANT TO WASTE THE REMAINDER OGF HIS TIME IN COURT, THEY ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO OBLIGE HIM.

HE WILL REGRET THE DAY HE VENTURED INTO TRIBAL SUPREMACIST POLITICS AND ETHNIC CLEANSING.
[/s]

Shut up abeg.Your people are the one doing One Nigeria in that country. You run away from your land and litter everywhere like a refugee. Since you hate Yoruba so much, why not ignore their land and stay in your erosion ravaged land. Una no get shame at all. Mschew

8 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 10:59am On Feb 13, 2018
letusbepieces:

THE AUTHOR AND RESPONDANT ARE ONE NIGERIAN YORUBAS, IF AMBODE HAS NO DEVELOPMENT POLICIES AND WANT TO WASTE THE REMAINDER OGF HIS TIME IN COURT, THEY ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO OBLIGE HIM.

Why do you want to kill yourself over laws made in another man's land, biko? You sure say you well, so? If you do not like the law, go elsewhere. It is not by force to stay in Lagos, o! shocked How is making a law about an indigenous language, now being interpreted as ethnic cleansing or tribal supremacy?

When Anambra and Imo made Igbo compulsory in primary and secondary schools for all students, irrespective of their ethnic tribes, you did not cry and wail about ethnic cleansing or tribal supremacy. When they decreed that any student who fails Igbo would not be promoted in those schools, you did not cry and wail about ethnic cleansing, apartheid or tribal supremacy. Biko, swerve.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by NdubuisiVictor: 11:00am On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:
Coneheads are dying in penury and malnutrition

Lagos is national common wealth majority of the wealth came from Nigerdelta and Igbos

More from the cursed part of Nigeria, a place where every living and non living things run away from cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by letusbepieces: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2018
NdubuisiVictor:
[s][/s]

Shut up abeg.Your people are the one doing One Nigeria in that country. You run away from your land and litter everywhere like a refugee. Since you hate Yoruba so much, why not ignore their land and stay in your erosion ravaged land. Una no get shame at all. Mschew

A TRIBAL BIGGOT PARADISE OF HATE, Y WONT U BE IN SUPPORT?

PLEASE DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN. I WILL IGNORE U.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by orisa37: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2018
Kick PDP out of Lagos. Awon omo tofe jole ni yen.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Emman93(m): 11:01am On Feb 13, 2018
FarahAideed:
That law is quite shallow and fascist in nature so should be suspended....It will only set a precedence for more unhealthy tribalism and nepotism across the country..Nigerians need to bond more not to be distanced further ...Besides if Lagos doesn't require proficiency in Yoruba to collect taxes from me why should they when I want to access tertiary education in the state ..makes no sense

You haven't realize that we are not one? Sit down there and be talking rubbish.
This is Yoruba land and not igbo nor Hausa-fulani land. So becareful.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by letusbepieces: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Why do you want to kill yourself over laws made in another man's land, biko? You sure say you well, so? If you do not like the law, go elsewhere. It is not by force to stay in Lagos, o! shocked

THERE U GO AGAIN THINKING THIS IS ABOUT ME AND MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS.

LET ME REPEAT AGAIN.

THE AUTHOR AND RESPONDANT ARE ONE NIGERIAN YORUBAS, THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THE STRENGHT IN OUR DIVERSITY AND THE SHARING FORMULAR OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by NdubuisiVictor: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2018
letusbepieces:

A TRIBAL BIGGOT PARADISE OF HATE, Y WONT U BE IN SUPPORT?

PLEASE DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN. I WILL IGNORE U.

Pathetic hypocrite, they are quick to insult another tribe, but form bishop when the favor is returned. F/uck off before i smash your empty flat head. Rubbish

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2018
When something like this was done in Anambra in 2009, these were some of the comments.
[/b]
Strength10:
This is a good first step in the right direction and has been long overdue. This bill will not solve the probelm immediately but brings awareness, practicality and attention to this because it is very important. Hopefully, somebody can implement this wisely. Kudos to those who suppport this idea because we are loosing our rich culture not only in Igboland and Nigeria but in Africa as a whole. We should be proud of who we are and our rich Heritage and should never allow others to define us or strip us of that which has been given and passed to us by our fathers.
don't think non-Igbos should be exempted. In my secondary school, a language course was compulsory but the student had the choice to choose whatever he/she wanted to do. Sometimes it depends on the availability of a particular language teacher. Some schools do not have the benefit of different language teachers, so the student just has to go with who is available.
romeo:
This is a good idea!! Non-igbos living and studying in igboland should learn igbo language from nursery to secondary school level.

@Chiogo
You can speak igbo language because you learned at home but you can't write or read igbo language embarassed
Don't you think that is enough reason to make the language compulsory in igboland.

I could remember the days of Grace Ubesie and her brother Tony!! Their Igbo novels were simply fantastic and i read their books, so did my friends. Igbo novels anyone? No way because i want my kids to be queen queen oyoyo

Igbo Language must be compulsory in Igbo states. If you don't like it stay away from Igboland.

I am living in Spain and i must learn and pass Catalan to gain addmission into the Balearic University of Mallorca
Note: Not castellan language which is the national Language in spain and of which i am very fluent with. If i want to learn in castellan language i must have to move out from my base of over 10 years and start from scratch again or stick to mallorca and learn their Catalan language which is used 50/50 with the Spanish national lingo in academic activities. From secondary school down is strictly Catalan. Mallorcan signs and posts are in catalan

Reason, they are saving their language and culture.

Strength10:
It is very surprising(literally) how anything and everything IGBO generates so much attention and discussion; and sends chivers and thrills into the bone and blood of other Nigerians. This is a sign of profound importance conferred to NDIGBO and the IGBO culture. Boy, I love being an IGBOMAN smiley
Guys, Leave the great state of Anambra people alone. Let them teach their kids their mother tongue and whatever they see fit, and lets please move-on from this topic/conversation.
[/b]

So why are igbos crying now that it's Lagos? *I am not understanding* grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 11:08am On Feb 13, 2018
letusbepieces:
THERE U GO AGAIN THINKING THIS IS ABOUT ME AND MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS.

LET ME REPEAT AGAIN.

I did not make any personal attacks. I merely offered you a piece of advice. undecided Try not to kill yourself over Lagos matter, biko. You can always attend a federal tertiary institution or go to any other of the 35 other states, without such laws to attend their schools.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaidey1: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
Nice one

What nonsense

is Lagos not part of Nigeria again

If they allow this rubbish bill; very soon other states will follow suit

If Yorubas are feeling insecured about Lagos; let them push for referendum so we can all agree they own Lagos. If not for now Lagos belong to every fucking Nigerian and even Fulani and aboki niger - rians grin

This bill is an insult to all other tribes FFS

This is why Nigeria will hardpy progess

Few are patriotic whereas almost everybody is tribalistlc and care only about their tribe.

I have come to realize almost every Yoruba sees Lagos as their one and only birthright ; forgetting that Lagos is collective work of every tribe especially Niger Delta money

Lagos was once the capital of naija
What if gbagi or Hausa do same in Abuja cheesy

See as Yoruba Boyz just they quote me anyhow

Kiss the bloody truth u pained bitch ass demons

Ignorant illiterate.

1.) Anambra and IMO passed similar laws but you didn't complain. Guess your states are insecure too. Olodo

2.) Lagos is Yoruba land. No one is forcing you to work and oaybtax here. If you don't like our laws go back to your village.

3.) The port in Lagos has been generating money long before independence!!! What the port generates annually is more than federal government allocation to Lagos state!!! Keep your Niger delta oil money and give us our ports!!!

Ignorant illiterate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2018
td2tnkstr:
When something like this was done in Anambra in 2009, these were some of the comments.

So why are igbos crying now that it's Lagos? *I am not understanding* grin grin

How did I miss it? shocked Biko, post the link to that thread here, sharp-sharp. Let me go and laugh over the hypocrisy of those respondents! grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by letusbepieces: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

I did not make any personal attacks. I merely offered you a piece of advice. undecided Try not to kill yourself over Lagos matter, biko. You can always attend a federal tertiary institution or go to any other of the 35 other states, without such laws to attend their schools.

U R STILL MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME.

IT IS ABOUT THE INSURMOUNTABLE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

AMBODE WILL SPEND THE REMAINDER OF HIS TENURE BEING DRAGGED FROM FEDERAL COURT TO FEDERAL SUPREME COURT.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by franugo(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

And you conveniently ignored the fact that Igbo is a compulsory part of mandatory courses like General Studies, in state-owned tertiary institutions in Anambra and Imo.You also ignored the fact that Igbo is compulsory in all state-owned primary and secondary schools in Anambra and students will not be promoted to the next class if they fail Igbo, no matter how high their scores are, in English, Maths, Physics, Biology and other core subjects. undecided

If Lagos state has decided to make a credit pass in Yoruba language part of its admission criteria into tertiary institutions, why don't you opt for a federal institution where the law does not apply? Why are you chaps wailing over this issue when alternatives exist nationwide? shocked

firstly, i do not wail...it is beneath me grin secondly, i don't really care about what you guys do, I have finished my tertiary education and have served my country to the best of my ability. what i am trying to right here is the misconception that igbo is a mandatory subject for admission into higher institutions in the east. I served in Anambra and I can tell you, without mincing words, that igbo is not a mandatory subject for promotion, at least in the school where i served. I am not sure who you are trying to convince here, me or yourself, cause using general studies as an example is laughable, we are talking about courses like medicine, engineering, law etc. This law, at least to the best of my knowledge at the moment, will restrict people who are not well versed in Yoruba language from studying such courses, which is discrimination at best and criminality at worst

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

How did I miss it? shocked Biko, post the link to that thread here, sharp-sharp. Let me go and laugh over the hypocrisy of those respondents! grin
Lol
https://www.nairaland.com/278804/anambras-igbo-language-bill

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 11:13am On Feb 13, 2018
letusbepieces:
U R STILL MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME.

IT IS ABOUT THE INSURMOUNTABLE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

AMBODE WILL SPEND THE REMAINDER OF HIS TENURE BEING DRAGGED FROM COURT TO COURT.
Where is the personal attack, biko nu? So it is now a crime to offer advice? sad Alright. As for Ambode being dragged to court, abeg let me laugh very well in Chinese! cheesy Na today? Do you know how many court cases have been filed against Lagos state govt in various courts? Has it stopped Ambode's work? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by letusbepieces: 11:14am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Where is the personal attack, biko nu? So it is now a crime to offer advice? sad Alright. As for Ambode being dragged to court, abeg let me laugh very well in Chinese! cheesy Na today? Do you know how many court cases have been filed against Lagos state govt in various courts? Has it stopped Ambode's work? cheesy

THIS ONE WILL BE THE CHERRY ON THE TOP OF THE CAKE.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaidey1: 11:15am On Feb 13, 2018
discusant:

Wow. Lagos is a multi ethnic city; does not belong to Yoruba alone. How can a state governor defy Nigeria's constitution to implement this sort of Law?
illiterate grin Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba alone but your anambra and Enugu belongs to ibos alone abi? grin why can't you give Fulani herdsmen 30% of the southeast since they are also Nigerians? grin Lagos is Yoruba land. If you don't like our laws go to your state and do as you like

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 11:17am On Feb 13, 2018
franugo:
firstly, i do not wail...it is beneath me grin secondly, i don't really care about what you guys do, I have finished my tertiary education and have served my country to the best of my ability. what i am trying to right here is the misconception that igbo is a mandatory subject for admission into higher institutions in the east. I served in Anambra and I can tell you, without mincing words, that igbo is not a mandatory subject for promotion, at least in the school where i served. I am not sure who you are trying to convince here, me or yourself, cause using general studies as an example is laughable, we are talking about courses like medicine, engineering, law etc. This law, at least to the best of my knowledge at the moment, will restrict people who are not well versed in Yoruba language from studying such courses, which is discrimination at best and criminality at worst
Okay, you do not wail. You merely lament. sad And you are talking from a half-baked perspective. Nobody said engineering, medicine or such courses will be taught in Yoruba. You merely need a credit pass in the language at secondary school level, in order to gain admission into a tertiary institution, owned by Lagos state. As for Igbo being made a compulsory part of General Studies courses in Anambra, I am not trying to convince anyone, you can read it all here:

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 11:18am On Feb 13, 2018
letusbepieces:
THIS ONE WILL BE THE CHERRY ON THE TOP OF THE CAKE.
Continue deceiving yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Killitoff: 11:21am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

I will rather kill you twice, cos you are dead already

Go kill the unfortunate being that sired you, making noise on social media is your only achievement in life.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2018
NdubuisiVictor:

Onistha, the cursed piggery land.
Chai, is this brown roof i am seeing so in alaigbo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 11:23am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Fool do you really know the meaning of apartheid?
Olodo.
History has never recorded the Yoruba tribe standing up for what they believe, instead they will rather become slaves... All thanks to the Hausas that gave you guys the luxury of having you as slaves.

Which other name is left in your dump skull?

Keep calling names but make sure you keep doing your work (cos I know you work for an igbo entrepreneur)else you are fired and you return to the ghetto you came from.

Oloshi
See this cursed and wretched soul from a tribe of human flesh eating outcasts. You brought the issue of apartheid and I told you how it will play out. We will so deal with you criminal minded lots that you won't have the strength to travel back to your cursed, barren and unproductive and erosion ravaged red mud land. You hopeless lots have been our slaves, slaves to the Northerners right from the time of Nnamdi Azikiwe, slaves to Ijaws and every other minority tribes in the Niger Delta. Better people dey talk Osus too wan get idea. Anuofia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by franugo(m): 11:23am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Okay, you do not wail. You merely lament. sad And you are talking from a half-baked perspective. Nobody said engineering, medicine or such courses will be taught in Yoruba. You merely need a credit pass in the language at secondary school level, in order to gain admission into a tertiary institution. As for Igbo being made a compulsory part of General Studies courses in Anambra, I am not trying to convince anyone, you can read it all here:

sir, igbo is not a compulsory subject to study any course in the tertiary institution in the east, at least not to any course that has no bearing with native language,...correct me if i am wrong, but is lagos state not trying to make yoruba language compulsory for ALL courses in the tertiary institution?

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Alariiwo: 11:25am On Feb 13, 2018
PDP would have sold Lagos to Igbos since their campaign in 2015 was to favour Igbos..

Attimes common sense should come before politics, but not in the case of SW PDP members. They always play subordinates to SE & SS which is totally wrong.

We are bigger, larger and more successful than they are in all spheres of life so they should look up to us for guidance and direction.

Well, this has further confirmed that PDP has no place again in Lagos and by extension South West.
Let them relocate to the East where they belong.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Niyinficient(m): 11:28am On Feb 13, 2018
royalamour:
I think it is fair to give total freedom of choice to students of higher institutions who are not indigenes of the state to either learn the indigenous languages or not.

Tell that to Japan, China and all those eastern Europe countries who will ask u to spend 6 months learning their languages before you can have a degree in their schools.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:
grin grin grin

Slaves when your people are in penury and dying of malnutrition
Hey cannibal! you have been noticed. Your people who leave their place which is "heaven" loaded like cargoes in the booth of Ifesinachi buses to come to the land of "people who die of malnutrition" They must love penury and malnutrition so much to make them embark on the journey. A human flesh eating osu that sleeps inside a 2 by 2 kiosk is talking about penury. I am a landlord in this Lagos. I have a spare room in my compound where I keep my domestic animals, I can out of mercy and service to humanity spare you that room. You will only need to bring that carton that you lay on the floor of your 2 by 2. Hopeless FLAT HEAD CANNIBAL.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

'I Will Bring The Heavens Down On Oshiomhole' - Tunji Abayomi / Sulaimon Olooru: Police Are Clueless About Handling Killer Fulani Herders / Obiano's Light Up Projects Across Onitsha Mega City- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.