Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,616 members, 7,865,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good (2679 Views)

Do Think This Marriage Will Work? (picture) / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? / Lack Of Romance & Intimacy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by zeal500: 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2010
Mimicole:

My marriage is a year and some months old, i'm 24, my husband will be 30 in a few months time,right now intimacy is still wonderful after a child but i can't help but wonder if it will remain that way or get boring with time. Married folks pls share your thoughts esp those who've bn togeda a while.I'm sure i'm not alone in my uncertainty.
When d forces of nature tries real hard to take away ur joy and peace, fight to keep it. d secret of all is face ur challenge like their is none,learn cos in marriage lies an unending knowledge but in all bid wt compromise n learn to forgive/forget pushing the flag high up cos each r/ships happiness lies in ur hands(craft)_

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by usbcable(m): 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
spoilt:

Why is the advice usually geared towards women to keep the passion alive? Look sassy, be hot, keep the lipsrsealed tight. Wetin? It takes two to keep passion alive. So to men, step one. . . . . , . . . . , . . . lose the belly. grin Step two[b] stop roaming around like a mountain man because you had kids[/b]. shocked

would you blame us.If the family needs are not being met, it sorta affects ones ego as the 'leader' of the house.

and yeah, i like views other than the womans side as we usually get always. and if i may add, dont turn into the t.v. remote control overlord. wink
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Romeo4real(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2010
@OP - Seems you have your answer. Effort, Effort and more Effort. Nothing stays the same forever, but you can make sure its close to what it was by putting some more effort into it.
As already said by so many here, communication is key. Talk about how you can make it better, be adventurous, look for fun things to do to make it more exciting, be more upfront about your fantasies and what you want/like, DO make time for one another. Fight against boredom, nonchalance, laziness, tiredness and general lackadaisicalness that naturally sets in, in this area. These things are the enemies of a good sex life in a marriage.

Look good, smell nice. Make sure there is always a tidy, clean, nice smelling woman to meet him when he comes home, or when going to bed. Put effort into your appearance, encourage ur husband to put effort into his.

Saying all this, it does help if there was an attraction in the first place!
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by kunleweb: 5:28pm On May 19, 2019
Mimicole:
My marriage is a year and some months old, i'm 24, my husband will be 30 in a few months time,right now intimacy is still wonderful after a child but i can't help but wonder if it will remain that way or get boring with time. Married folks pls share your thoughts esp those who've bn togeda a while.I'm sure i'm not alone in my uncertainty.

I think you can epp answer this kweshion yourself now grin
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by kunleweb: 5:40pm On May 19, 2019
Liss:
Nice thread with great responses.

As most people have said life's pressures may not always allow your Intimacy to be good but then there lots of things you can do to prevent it. Plus all the advices people have said, I'ld say you and your husband must also be committed to ensuring your intimacy remains good e.g ensuring your romance remains, helping one another out, making sure your children don't come between you two etc

Anyway, you can always read these books with your hubby:

- How to Make Love to the Same Person for the Rest of Your Life - And Still Love it by Dagmar O'Connor
- How to have great sex for the rest of your life by Val Sampson

All the best in your marriage!

I should get this book.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Anyone Help? / Please Recommend A Washing Machine For Home Use / Can I Still Marry Such A Girl ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.