Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo (1618 Views)

Femi Kuti Tells Osinbajo: I Won't Support Buhari At Felabration / Tinubu: I Didn't Disparage Osogbo People, My Comments Were Twisted / Only looters are not happy with Buhari, Gov Bello tells Catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by dayo23(f): 10:42am On Feb 14, 2018
Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello, has again apologised to Catholic Bishops and the entire Christendom over his February 9, comments on the visit of the Catholic Bishops to President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Villa.

The clerics last week met Buhari in a close door meeting.

They told the President that Nigerians were angry about alleged bad governance and imbalance in the system.

But addressing State House Correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, after the juma’at service on Friday, the governor took a swipe at them.

He said those who had looted the country’s funds were angry because sources of their free money had been blocked by the current government.

On Tuesday, Bello at the maiden Kogi State Economic and Investment Summit, held in Lokoja, asked Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to convey his apology to Christian leaders nationwide.

“Let me take a moment out of this event to address an issue which is dear to my heart”, Bello said.

“I have been mortified since last Friday when a comment I made during a chat with journalists at the State House, Abuja after Juma’at prayers caused an uproar, which is still raging in the press.

“In responding to a question related to the visit of Catholic Bishops to the President and some of their views on the state of the nation to him, it has been reported that I said things which are disrespectful.

“Not only to our revered spiritual fathers in that delegation, but also to Christians in general.

“My exact words were those that have looted the country dry and normally go to churches and mosques to pay tithes are no longer doing so. Of course, this is the category of people who are angry,” he stated.

The governor said that he was trying to generalise, and spoke to the two major religions, only to realise that the word, ‘tithe’, made it appear as if he specifically targeted Christians.

“I have spoken to My Lord, His Grace, Bishop Ignatius Kaigama, President of the Nigerian Bishops’ Conference and President of the Episcopal Conference of West African Catholic Bishops on this.

“To all of my Christian brethren, I apologise for anyway in which I have hurt your sensibilities.

“I also pray my August Guest today, His Excellency the Vice President to help convey to our Christian leaders and brethren all over the world that I would never dream of disrespecting them. I hold all faiths in high regard,” he pleaded.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/14/help-beg-christian-leaders-comments-bello-tells-osinbajo/
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by xandy84: 10:49am On Feb 14, 2018
He need to learn to think before he talk. With his low level performance, couple with his unguarded words, his chances of re-election is getting slimmer by the day just like Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by freeze001(f): 10:56am On Feb 14, 2018
He will keep apologizing and keep sticking his gangrenous foot in his mouth until he is removed from that office in 2019. What a misfit! Governor by appointment! The new APC habit n style is to label anyone who criticises this government a corrupt looter just to cast aspersion on their character and shut them up from exposing the folly and wickedness of this government. That is why a delinquent governor like this Yahaya will also carelessly insult Catholic Bishops and Christians then now start begging for forgiveness. Mad man!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by dayo23(f): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2018
freeze001:
He will keep apologizing and keep sticking his gangrenous foot in his mouth until he is removed from that office in 2019. What a misfit! Governor by appointment!
a total misfit aswear

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 14, 2018
I wonder how many heads that would have fallen if the opposite was the case in a predominantly christian state by a christian governor towards a christian president?

Just imagine... your sins are forgiven but your words calling a religious group thieves whose only sin was to express the opinion of the public to the president
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by talk2biggz: 11:03am On Feb 14, 2018
Smart move, be careful and know that you represent the youth, you are currently Nigeria youngest governor and the examples you lay we determine what will happen when the younger generation is given the chance to via for an Electoral position.
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by anibirelawal(m): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2018
You too dey run your mouth like tap water.

Anyway you have been forgiven, SIN no more.
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by omowolewa: 11:08am On Feb 14, 2018
He spoke his mind, why retracting it? at his age, ego and marital status.

As in he didn't weigh the words before dropping it or his mind dey somewhere else then?

Okay, seek God first

1 Like

Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by dayo23(f): 11:21am On Feb 14, 2018
omowolewa:
He spoke his mind, why retracting it? at his age, ego and marital status.

As in he didn't weigh the words before dropping it or his mind dey somewhere else then?

Okay, seek God first
I was wondering too
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by FarahAideed: 11:23am On Feb 14, 2018
You and Buhari are on you way out no doubt
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by TheFreeOne: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2018
He should apologize on all news outlets across the country most especially on Nairaland then may be he'll be forgiven.

Yeye asslicking errand boygrin

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by Okanokan(m): 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
Look who Bello is asking to beg for him, Osinbajo? Osinbajo is looking for who will beg Christians on his own behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by giftedheart1(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
he has been forgiven, but for his penance, he should tell Baba publicly not to contest in 2019.
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by princepeter566: 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
There would have been the greatest peace in kogi state if only Bello's father would have used condom
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
This is a case of talking before you reason, Bello is just stupidity in its youthfulness embarassed
Re: Help Me Beg Christian Leaders For My Comments – Bello Tells Osinbajo by pode(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
February 9th------ February 14th,

Hmmmmmm please don't ask me for the meaning of the dash in between the two date

(1) (Reply)

Ondo And Osun Farmers Planting Marijuana (weed) For Its Profitability(video) / BREAKING: Appeal Court Upholds Adeleke's Eligibility / See What A Twitter User Said About Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.