Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Coalition For Nigeria: I'm Afraid Of OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coalition For Nigeria: I'm Afraid Of OBJ (466 Views)

I'm Afraid Opposition Has More Money - Buhari / Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coalition For Nigeria: I'm Afraid Of OBJ by Africlegend: 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
Coalition for Nigeria: I'm Afraid of OBJ

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo's letter is in the nick of time, and, the makeup of a new movement, third force, is rescuing. He, indeed, is an artsy-crafty Yoruba man. Baba, has done two things for Nigeria at a time. He has actually cheapened president Buhari to the creatural eminence, expected of an up-to-the-minute head of state, who can be dared and nit-picked without palpitation. Obasanjo has given hope to ordinary Nigerians who had found it difficult to determine the right tree to pitch their tents on. You would bring to mind, that Nigerians chased out the 16yrs old PDP caucus from Aso-rock, then ushered in the agenda of change. But, as a result of APC's impotence, it was becoming a taper-tapered decision to choose between two devils as the 2019 general election approached. Some even lost hope completely in Nigeria, while others nursed the decision of not nearing the ballots. Not because there were no parties aside the APC and the PDP, but it was difficult to believe such parties could pose a threat to the two frontline ones(trust our behind the times politics). As a matter of fact, many new parties emerged, with convincing mantra, but the populace bluntly refused to look their ways, or see them as a sort of messianic organisations. Not before Obasanjo's letter did the 2019 presidential struggle look interesting. OBJ's statement brought confidence, then, his Coalition for Nigeria strengthened democracy.

At first, I felt good. Reading Obasanjo's statement almost made me shed tears of joy. He spoke in plain terms. He dressed down APC, and PDP, he chewed out. The former president, suggested an all inclusive movement, that would bring to the helms of transactions, smart brains-Youths- like the case is in France and Austria. I thought OBJ was genuinely interested in Nigeria. I thought the good-looking resolve, was a result of his near-the-grave age and his new knowing, as a repentant Doctor of theology. I believed, that he wanted to leave behind a better Nigeria, even, at the price of his blood, haven regretted his own mistakes. I thought he was sorry for the sins of the elders. But, I'm afraid, Coalition for Nigeria seems a mere political gamesmanship(I pray to be proved wrong), a ploy-plot, a maneuver. OBJ seems more interested in showing the world his ingenuity, when it comes to political manipulations. He seems more interested in establishing his role as maker and removal of kings, than creating a new Nigeria. Can somebody tell me, Obasanjo's drive is not: to remove Buhari and install a new king? If it is that alone, we are definitely in a greater trouble.

We are in trouble, not just because the Party (kinda) will skyjack government and leave Nigeria in a more messy state. But, because, all hope will be lost in Nigeria afterwards. We are in trouble because Coalition for Nigeria will do two things. It will silent many other Movements, Organisations, Parties and individuals genuinely seeking the come-to-play of a better Nigeria.Then, after failing us like the PDP and APC, leave Nigerians behind, who would hate politics and everything that has to do with it. It will leave behind a country, where a few would hold on to power forever, as another four years of hunger, killings and impunity will dampen the burning hearts of comrades. It will leave behind a populace that minds her own business and ignores politics in its entirety. The good people, who are coming out of their rooms already, to participate in a revolutionary politics, would run back home. That will likely be the end of Nigeria! The things my ears were recently fed on, concerning the third force were really disheartening. A good night starts with a bright morning afrerall. A movement that allows an unchecked influx of Big names from the two frontline parties is not to be trusted! How can thesame people who imposed our present woes on us be allowed into a movement designed to save us? I thought the third force would be a uniting body for problem solvers. I expected Coalition for Nigeria to be a ground for technocrats from across the country. I thought the movement would provide a softlanding for genuine lovers of Nigeria.In fact, the movement should be dominated by individuals with reliable credentials of financial and technological heights.

"Of course, nothing should stop such a Movement from satisfying conditions for fielding candidates for elections" Baba said. "You can count me with such a Movement " he affirmed, then this: "if at any stage the Movement wishes to metamorphose into candidate -sponsoring Movement for elections, I will bow out of the Movement because I will continue to maintain my non-partisan position". How do these words add up? For an organisation to satisfy conditions for fielding candidates for elections, mustn't it be a party in the first place? I just hope OBJ is not playing us. If Baba's intention is to sell Nigerians out the umpteenth time, he should please have a rethink. He should be tired of playing tricks on us by now. He should stop double dealing Nigerians. Enough of bilk and con. He should be tired of selling us out to sustain his relevance. What are ex-governors and senators doing in the third force? Obasanjo should pity Nigerians this once. We have suffered enough under the second force he co-ploted. Nigerians need be very careful not to make a ridiculous mistake this time. It'll be too costly for us to be fooled again. It is in fact better for Buhari to retain his position or Jonathan re-elected while genuine movements gather strength to strike in the nearest future, than for us to dash our hope on rocks again.I wish Coalition for Nigeria saves our soul, but, this doesn't seem the route.

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and eulogist. faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com
Re: Coalition For Nigeria: I'm Afraid Of OBJ by Thewesterner(m): 5:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ebora Owu and politics
Re: Coalition For Nigeria: I'm Afraid Of OBJ by TheKingdom: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
How about a Coalition of ending the British Nigger Area Corporation!
Re: Coalition For Nigeria: I'm Afraid Of OBJ by Africlegend: 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
TheKingdom:
How about a Coalition of ending the British Nigger Area Corporation!
What, exactly, are you saying?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: A Failed President Desperate For Second Term / Photo: Fayose And Buhari Spotted Shaking Hands At The Villa Today / You Are A Disgrace Shehu Sani To Buhari, Over Dapchi Kidnapped Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.