Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun (35522 Views)

Coalition For Nigeria Movement: Obasanjo's Full Statement During Registration / Obasanjo Registers As Member Of Coalition Of Nigeria Movement / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by MRAKBEE(m): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, a few minutes ago, officially launched the Coalition for Nigeria Movement in Ogun State.

The ex-president, who arrived at the Iwe Irohin NUJ Press Centre, Oke Ilewo, Abeokuta, accompanied by the former governors of Cross River and Osun states, Donald Duke and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, respectively, Gboyega Nasiru Isiaka, Mrs. Modupe Adelaja and top politicians from the All Progressives Congress and Peoples Democratic Party, was afterward decorated with the official emblem of the Movement by Duke.
While addressing the full-packed hall, Obasanjo said his letter to Buhari last week was born not out of frivolity, but out of great concern for the situation in the country.

He added that Nigeria as a nation cannot continue business as usual, observing that:

“If the instrument we have used since independence has not worked, then we should rethink and retool to make the country work.”

Obasanjo, who stressed that Nigeria, like any other countries, has various challenges, explained that the Coalition was set up to mobilize Nigerians for peace, unity, security, stability, love, welfare and the wellbeing of vulnerable Nigerians, particularly youth and women who, according to him, have been at the receiving end of national crises.

He mentioned the disrespect for the federal character as enshrined in the country’s constitution, the spate of killings and violence across the country, and the parlous nature of Nigeria’s economy under President Buhari’s administration, as some of the reasons for the Coalition.

http://sunnewsonline.com/now-obasanjo-launches-coalition-for-nigeria-movement-in-ogun/

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by MRAKBEE(m): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by pyrex23(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by saintjimos(m): 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
#protect_your_brother

#My_brother_is_my_brother

#south_unite unity is d way forward

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by ProjectNaija(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
God bless obasanjo.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hmmm Donald Duke was there, Baba knows most youths wants Duke so he's indirectly vouching or supporting him, am still wondering why PMB will tell his goons not to negate and probe OBJ even after the LETTER since that's the norm for people against him.

It's either PMB knows he will loose or he's bidding time

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Dembuk2009: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
I listened to a caller on Jimi Disu's show and i must say niaralanders should learn to live together and in peace!
The caller asked if the killings going were to be happening in daura, would buhari still be disl silent?
Some youth also spoke on the programme and what I postulate is we the youth should come together as one and fight for our right!
No more nonsensical talks on skull miner, ewedu whatever!
Let d elders sit back and give us advice...
They have tried to make us useless but I believe the saying which goes" the moment u realise you have a problem, the problem is half way solved"

Nigerian youths, please and please let us THINK, THINK and THINK...

184 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by kolawoleibukun: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
It is a welcome development as long it has the support of Nigerian youths. Any development now should incorporate the youths. Long gone is the time we expect to move into the future with old men who are not part of it. These men are having their future right now and they cannot build anything tangible. Donald Trump is dull but look at the recent record, he is continuing the works of Obama and poverty and unemployment rate is reducing across the US. Buhari has been in the office for 3 years with nothing to hold on to as an accomplishment. They blamed Johnathan for 2 who years and they have seen that the blame game has clearly faded in the third year. They keep sai babaing like idiots.

A sick old man with gap tooth shaped should know when his boat is sinking. I watched his speech criticizing OBJ for writing his a letter. Are we truly having a democracy? You mean the subjects cannot write letter to express how they feel about your government? Where is the freedom of speech. Buhari has time to attend funerals and weddings but he cannot visit the families of the victims that his boys massacred.

It has come to a point where we have to call this what it is. This are not herdsmen, they are muslims who are insidiously trying to do the same thing they did in Turkey, in Lebanon and many other countries. Their mission is to take over the world for no good reason. They are killing everywhere in the world. They have no respect for the lives of infidels. They keep quiet and pretend not to be extremist, but they rejoice in their homes when infidels are killed, they promote ideas of barbarism and terror. Look at them in the US, France, Australia, UK and other countries in Europe messing the countries and terrifying the lives of innocent citizens. The displaced people in Burma cannot go to other Islamic countries to seek refuge. There is Saudi Arabia, the home of Islam but they are not taking refugees from countries in which they themselves strike. Saudi Arabia has been pillaging Syria and Iraq for years but they will never take in any displaced Muslims. Look at Turkey, Qatar, Yemen, UAE having wealth and showcasing their stink oil money but they do not extend any goodwill to their fellow muslims. how many Islamic countries have criticized Boko Haram? None! They know what they are doing. The Jews in Sudan have all been killed and chased out, Muslims were rejoicing and jubilating after the horrifying 9/11 attack on the US. The are all running to the US, Canada, Australia, UK because none of the Islamic states are functioning. Yet they take their religion with them and want to tell people how to live their lives in their own countries. They have taken up some portion of the UK already. They are not satisfied with the Sharia law that they agree to yet they support it and want to enforce in.

These herdsmen are not just herdsmen! let us call them for what they are, Muslims. They said that they have defeated book Haram, with what? how? we do not see any real evidence of the victory. Our soldiers are still being killed daily and we have defeated book haram. they said that the 234 missing girls was a hoax, is the bombing also a hoax? where then did book haram find those women that reproduced for them?

Let us not fool anyone here. No Imam home and abroad has clearly come out to condemn any killing done by muslims. Who really is an extremist? is an accomplice not also an extremist? Let us decide for ourselves what we want in this country. If it warrants us to divide, so be it! Let everyone have his sovereignty and let everyone practice his own religion.

I am tired of these killings and living in fear over my fellow man. We are not the only country in Africa yet we never leave the news headlines. We are always there for insecurities. We have security agencies, but they are just toys waiting for oga to give them a command. What is this? How old is OBJ that Nigerian polity still has to depend on him for a turn around.

Where is Tinubu who started all these mess? He said that he is the king maker. Is this the kind of king that he makes? a deaf king with gap tooth like a farm tool. Tinubu should also bear some responsibilities. He should come out and address the Yoruba nation if this is the Nigeria that he made for our children. It is time for our youths to take the center stage and show these old men how to cerate a change. I am sick and tired of men leading me into a future that they will not see.

and I know the muslims will come after me. they only attack people who expose them. they will never comment on the terrorism that they are guilty for, but they will attack you for speaking out against the evil that they perpetrate. before you quote me and teach me how peaceful islam is, send me a link to your comments against the killing and terror acts by your brothers.

97 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Araoluwa005(m): 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Obj is no longer relevant jare

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by pol23: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
It's very hard for me to trust this Man.
Obasanjo...
Please be patriotic...
If we're to retool..
Let's do consensus,let's all agreed on true federalism.
1.each state control her resources.
2.each state control her security...(State police).
3.each state generate power for itself and her people.
4.each state should have her laws .
5.each state should have freedom to legalise or ban Marijuana,gay marriage..etc.
6.Each state determines her minimum wage.
7.Each State should be in charge of local government creation/cancellation and funding.
8.State will pay 20% of their IGR to federal...and federal will only be in charge of
i.border protection
ii.international duties.
iii.custom,Military and DSS.
IV.NFA,NIBS,NPC.etc.
And in less than a year most problem will be solved.
There will be no more:
1.Bokoharam.
2.Niger delta Militants.
3.Herdsmen killing.
4.Excess number in population in North will reduce (scam)
5.excess local government in the north will reduce
6.And several problems not itemised.

But Nigeria will never do that...we know the truth,but we're scared of it.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by okeke00(m): 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
In London (Chelsea FC) - Bakayoko
In Nigeria- Buhari
These two clowns eats too much of maggi and they share one thing inow common which is ' confusion '

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Danialuone: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
This old man OBJ,he said he has retired from politics and tear his PDP i d card .....this is a gross lack of integrity from OBJ.tHIS ONE WEAK ME.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Nebes: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Pictures please
Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Appetizer(m): 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
After swindeling us with OFN - Operation Feed the Nation. Obasanjo Farm of Nigeria. 
Weh done Sir!

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Bayokun(m): 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by ipobarecriminals: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
cool i go support anything wey go free us from Fulani,boko,ipob TERRORISTS. Enuf is Enuf*Walk out of thread smiling*

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by wunmi590(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Very good one to baba iyabo.

Meanwhile this is for all nairalanders.

Come 2019 by the special grace of God, we shall ATIKULATE with our Power (PVC), to the various polling units to vote in ATIKU to Re-ATIKACULATE and ATIKUSTRUCTURE the country to the POSITIVE state it belong.

The Lagos Island Coalition For ATIKU are solidly behind you sir.

Signed

Public relation officer on social media
For Lagos Island Coalition For ATIKU

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by rexnuelll: 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Buhari may not have performed the fast magic many had expected but, that can't be said that he has failed totally. Many major FG roads are under construction today including Enugu-Onitsha and Ph-Aba roads abandoned by previous governments. Second niger bridge is under construction. There is massive improvement on the rail sector while the agricultural sector is becoming a gold mine for many young nigerians. The economy is recovering too though that should have been handled better. The social welfare programs like N-power scheme is still empowering young nigerians. Boko haram have been subdued and fulani-herdsmen clashes is also being handled.

It's just three years and I strongly believe that in the next 5 years, the change agenda of this administration will be fully appreciated. I pray God to grant PMB/PYO wisdom and sound health, because for now, they are still the best and only option.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by coolsam2k4(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Okay.
Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by zombieTRACKER: 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Another failure in the making just like the APC

Restructuring the foundation is the key

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by DeKen: 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
We are watching. cool

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Shegz007(m): 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
GOOD MOVE BY OBASANJO

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
You mean south west coalition...undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Articul8(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
A technical move to technically dislodge this government

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Pavore9: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
Neither APC nor PDP has the willpower to inspire change.
Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by Akpan107(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
Araoluwa005:
Obj is no longer relevant jare
Only time will tell...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by kaybams1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
It might sound like conspiracy theory but something tells me APC is just diluting it's reach in case anything happens come 2019. It wasn't a coincidence that the APC big wigs didn't berate Obasanjo for his letter to Buhari. Politics is like chess, the players are politicians while we are the pawns. And the principal strategy of the game is never let your opponent anticipate your next move..... PDP won't see this coming.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by MrMystrO(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
Lol..Not bad though.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by bigblxd(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
This is the way forward but can anyone help out with the modus operandi of this movement pls? I couldn't make it to Yardua's Centre yesterday. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun by ayourbamie: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
Make this Baba go siddon Jare, wetin hin do wen he dey there

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Recaptures Abadam & Kills Dozens Of Insurgents / A Nairalander and APC member at APC presidential rally in benin city / Atiku Speaks On Boko Haram Killing 100 Soldiers. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.