Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,785 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated (30624 Views)

Sanusi Lamido's N200 Million Library Evacuated (Photos) / ‘Terrorists May Strike At National Assembly’ / Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by stephanie11: 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk this afternoon reveals that a section of the National assembly senate wing has been engulfed by fire.

The Technical room located on the ground floor of the complex is currently on fire. Staff were seen rushing out of their offices due to the heavy smoke that had built up on the walkways. Senators were also evacuated from the area.

The cause of the inferno is not yet known. More details soon...

UPDATE:

The Senate was forced to stop proceedings today after a fire outbreak in the technical unit of the assembly complex.

They had opted to ignore the development but Ibrahim Gobir, Sokoto (APC), moved that the plenary be adjourned;

“The condition is not very conducive because our chambers are there; yesterday we engaged the contractors working in the senate. We believe it is now Saturday they will be able to finish it,” he said.

Senate President, Bukola Saraki, approved the prayer.

He said, “What you presented to us makes sense. Definitely, the chamber is not conducive for today’s s activities and as such, I would direct that we adjourn till Tuesday so that between now and the weekend the members of the services and maintenance unit can ensure that we bring the chamber into a conducive environment.”

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-fire-outbreak-national-assembly-senators-evacuated/

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
arsonist at work...

second time this year on FP... My God has good plans for me...I'll live to fulfill the number of my days...

i wanna say congratulations to all Liverpool fans world wide.. we are not gonna walk alone. Quarter Finals already in the Kitty...

#YNWA

7 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by eTECTIVe(m): 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
Dey want to get rid of evidence Jare... Why is it dat fires in Nigerian institutions only burn computer rooms and accounts section. If it was d thunder Nigerians sent na d main Chamber for burn

24 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Buhari maka why?

3 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by IamPatriotic(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Who evacuated them? the people that rescue them will **** in their stead, they should have been allowed to burn to carcass and the evacuate them, nonsanci!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Bigii(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
As far as saraki and Dino are safe. The rest can go and ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
Fire Fire
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by deeone10: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
evacuated like an object abi
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by simplemach(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please my good people, is it not better for the fire to consume everything on site there?

Since they can not initiate a simple impeachment process.

9 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by prettyomidan: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nawa o
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by seenter84: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
Fire burn dem thieves...

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by eleojo23: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
What are they trying to cover up this time?

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Egein(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
The person who evacuated those senators is a fool!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by bangalee1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
framed
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by maxwell767(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
lipsrsealed

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by ClumsyFlimsy: 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
I pray the fire consume them

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by simonlee(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
I don't know why but a tiny part of me is wishing all those rogues in Agbada posing as senators just burn and die grin grin
Its not like i hate them politicians o, but the other part of me is also wishing i set that building on fire too wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Mogidi: 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
I hope Buhari doesn't burn Nigeria before leaving next year.

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Barywhyte(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
Fire wey break out and refuse to consume thieving senators, that one na fire?

6 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Untainted007: 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
Why didn't the fire burn them all? What have they been sitting to do ever since in the house? They have been there stealing our money and representing themselves. Old fools

5 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Elslim: 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
fire that doesn't consume all this leguslooters is that one a fire

4 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by IamPatriotic(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
why?
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Liadi09(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Dah! While many see the humorous side of this, I see the opportunity created for someone to pocket some billions of naira. We know that billions would be appropriated for the painting, overhauling of the emergency and fire alarms, reinstallation of damaged technical gadgets, perhaps even to buy a new back up system.
These are the real snakes swallowing our Commonwealth

10 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by kings09(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Dem don show
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by chidynks: 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
ok ooo
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by anibirelawal(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Bigii:
As far as saraki and Dino are safe. The rest can go and ...

YOU ARE TOO MEAN!

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by mckazzy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Why would they have evacuated those parasitic fellow feeding fat on our common patrimony.

they should have just allowed the to get burn't beyond recognition.

I'm angry rainow..
Re: Fire Outbreak At National Assembly, Senators Evacuated by ZombieBuster: 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
God dey answer prayers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Photos Of President Buhari In Borno / Buhari, APC Should Thank Us For Bail-Out money - PDP / 2019 Elections: Atiku, Tinubu Have Abandoned Buhari - Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.