Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? (2489 Views)

Zainab Abidoye & Mother Lived Off Man's Wealth But Refused To Marry Him (Photos) / Lady Says Her Boyfriend Is Stingy For Giving Her N15k To Celebrate Her Birthday / He’s Very Stingy And I am tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Segzee1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
As a single lady, can you marry a guy that lies, who is stingy and who is rude all in the name of love? Just before you answer the above question, kindly read the story below.

It was sent to MATTERS OF THE HEART of dailyfamily.ng by one of our readers seeking advice on what to do next. Cynthia is currently on a hot sit on whether to either choose LOVE or CHARACTER.

Hello,

Please, I need your help. My name is Cynthia. I am a 29-year-old lady and graduate of Economics at UNILAG.

I've been in this relationship with this guy, Shola, for eight months now.

Shola is handsome, hardworking, caring (especially to me) and he works with an oil company (name withheld).

We met at a wedding party of a friend a year and nine months ago and the rest is history.

Shola proposed marriage to me last weekend. Of course, I was shocked as I was not expecting it then. So, I told him to give me a little time to consider his request (thank God he didn't propose to me in public, it would have been something else).

Though I love Shola, I am scared of marrying him. This is because it seems I'm the only one seeing the good side of him.

Shola has some characters in him that I don't like and I've tried so many times to stop these character traits in him.

Shola is good at lying! (except to me). He is rude especially to opposite sex (even to his mother and female siblings) and he is a little bit stingy even to me, as he has never bought me any gift since we've been together except paying for foods and drinks bills anytime we meet in eateries (our usual joint).

He hardly talked about his aged mother or siblings during our conversation not to talk of taking care of the old woman and widow, though he is the firstborn.

Now, I am seriously worried about his proposal. Just like I've heard my people say that what a man can do to his mother or siblings when he is single, he will sure do to his wife in marriage. And a stingy bachelor cannot make a generous husband.

I discussed this with a friend and she said "Love Conquers all things," she said what we need is love and not characters.

So, I have decided to share my story while seeking advice from brave and mature minds here.

I love him so much but I am confused. Please, help!

Cynthia, Lagos.

https://dailyfamily.ng/im-in-love-with-him-but-he-is-stingy-and-rude/

Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Segzee1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
this is very strong but before you judge the guy kindly check this http:///2EbttRv I swear you will think twice angry
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
As much as you think love conquers , common sense will save you from wahala.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by sekxyqueen(f): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
dont ever date a stingy guy,,you will live to regret it.
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by friendlyadvice: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
grin ehn thief e money and rude am back now nothing spoil
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by anibirelawal(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
When it comes to Relationship and Marraige, "Love doesnt Conquers all things". there are many other things to be considerd before saying Yes. think about your future and that of your unborn childs.
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by donk552(m): 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
What's stingy if i may ask, the guy manage his resources not stingy

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by roarik(f): 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by STARGREEN(m): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
donk552:
What's stingy if i may ask, the guy manage his resources not stingy
My brother just imagine her comments!
"And a stingy bachelor cannot make a generous husband".
If @early stage it's like this i wonder how it could look like when challenge comes?
Even @29 years she still seek public view to make up her mind. Well.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by ogawriter(m): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hello dear,

No body is perfect, we all have our shortcomings the man who is generous might be a womanizer and the man who is faithful might have anger and trust issues.

what matters most is that you both love each other. You both have a lifetime to learn about each other and don't stop talking to him and praying for him, make him see that you are a blessing and not a burden and I pray that God bless you both.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by STARGREEN(m): 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2018
sekxyqueen:
dont ever date a stingy guy,,you will live to regret it.
What makes a man stingy?
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Segzee1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
Omo see JAMB question. Shey d babe offend you b4 ni?
STARGREEN:

What makes a man stingy?
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by wizard0001: 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
nonsense thing oooo!
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Vado(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2018
All these joro bullshxt tho.
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by jaykins: 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
If you know you are not clear about some things, give the relationship some time before making a commitment. Time reveals a lot of things dear

Check here to know what steps to take http:///2EYxjgr
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Papanwamaikpe: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
Whether you marry him or break up, one fact still remains you'll be 30 by next year. You know what I mean lol
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
So long he is stingy... Dont marry him.

No be only Love conquers all[b][/b]
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by easyboss1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
hmmmmm
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by STARGREEN(m): 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Segzee1:
Omo see JAMB question. Shey d babe offend you b4 ni?
Maybe u check what u said iro it.
Hope u typed it?
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by creative11(m): 6:10pm On Feb 15, 2018
its your life
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by MhizAJ(f): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
I didn't even read the write up but if i'm to go by the title don't ever i repeat don't ever marry a stingy guy plus he's now rude...Please run for your life
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Annibel(f): 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
hmmm this one is strong ��
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Emcykay: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
my dear my advice for you is to address some of those things you did not like or want in your fiance on your knees (prayer).......not perfect man on Earth
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
grin

Its OK to be stingy as long his bank acct is getting fatter...That only means he is saving for a rainy days... wink

But honestly, who still dates in eatery unless u both in a holiday cruising? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by pressy09: 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
Abeg bring your ATM card make I keep am grin grin grin
QueenSuccubus:
grin

Its OK to be stingy as long his bank acct is getting fatter...That only means he is saving for a rainy days... wink

But honestly, who still dates in eatery unless u both in a holiday cruising? undecided undecided undecided
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
pressy09:
Abeg bring your ATM card make I keep am grin grin grin

Oga, i don't use ATM...i use cheques wink
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by boss1310(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
money is the only reason you are with him as you clearly confuse your selfishness to be cared for to mean love,don't come here to tell us he left you during pregnancy
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
One thing I've noticed about some girls is lack of logic. The guy earns a good salary and doesn't spend on you, so the automatic interpretation is that he's stingy. Is he actually spending/squandering the money on anything visible? Does he buy designer clothes, fancy phones? Go to clubs/expensive hotels?
You have no idea where all his salary is going and quite frankly, you just don't care. Your own is that he should be giving you money and buying you gifts since he earns a decent salary. You have no idea whether the guy is trying to build a business and is channeling all his resources there or if he's building a house, your own is just to chop as the money comes.

5 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by QueenSuccubus(f): 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
UltraMax:
One irritating thing I've noticed about some girls is lack of logic. The guy earns a good salary and doesn't spend on you, so the automatic interpretation is that he's stingy. Is he actually spending/squandering the money on anything visible? Does he buy designer clothes, fancy phones? Go to clubs/expensive hotels?
You have no idea where all his salary is going and quite frankly, you just don't care. Your own is that he should be giving you money and buying you gifts since he earns a decent salary. You have no idea whether the guy is trying to build a business and is channeling all his resources there or if he's building a house, your own is just to chop as the money comes. Some of you girls can be disgusting sometimes. Use your brain, being a girl isn't an excuse to be vapid

And who the hell are u giving me a long epistle in this 3am? undecided

Abeeeg, shift. Dont quote me. Im not looking for ur advice..Go advice the OP.
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

And who the hell are u giving me a long epistle in this 3am? undecided
Abeeeg, shift. Dont quote me. Im not looking for ur advice..Go advice the OP.
Ohh sorry, my post wasn't directed at you. I quoted you because I liked what you said about his account getting fatter and him saving for a rainy day. Sorry about the mix up I forgot to actually refer to your post. I was referring to girls that don't have any interest in how a guy can manage his finances to improve his lot in life, aka the chop and go's
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by sajt(m): 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
Why do ladies always get to conclusion that a guy is stingy,
When he spends lavishly, you say he's not good

Sometimes, not every time, all you need is just to be …. Be kind, Be humble, Be Thankful, and above all, Be Kind because life is more than you can see!
Re: I'm In Love With Him But He Is Stingy And Rude. Should I Marry Him? by stano2(m): 10:08pm On May 27, 2020
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Twin Sisters Share Same Boyfriend, Wants Law To Be Change So They Can Marry Him / Red Pill And Your Emotions. / Pamela Odame Watara Showcase Her Clean-shave Tonga On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.