Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Unbelievable: Obamas Official Portrait Unveiled - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Unbelievable: Obamas Official Portrait Unveiled (388 Views)

Kate Middleton And Prince William's First Official Joint Portrait Unveiled / The Obamas Release Beautiful Family Photo To Mark Thanksgiving / Photo Of Ishaya Danjuma, Agbani Darego's Husband's Face Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable: Obamas Official Portrait Unveiled by laus(m): 7:11am On Feb 16, 2018
Barack and Michelle Obama re-emerged on the public stage Monday in Washington, only this time for an event that has nothing to do with politics.

The former first couple's official portraits were unveiled at the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery, a rite of passage for most former presidents, all of whom have their portraits hanging in the museum.

The former president chose Kehinde Wiley, a Yale University-trained painter famous for his depiction of African-Americans posed in the style of Old Master paintings, regal, formal and filled with pops of color.

"How about that? That's pretty sharp," the 44th president said as he took the podium. The portrait depicts him sitting against a backdrop of green foliage. Obama said he tried to negotiate with Wiley about his look for the painting.
"I tried to negotiate less gray hair, and Kehinde's artistic integrity would not allow him to do what I asked. I tried to negotiate smaller ears, struck out on that as well," joked Obama from the podium during his remarks.
See photos below
http://9jaairwaves..com.ng/2018/02/obamas-official-portrait-unveiled.html

(1) (Reply)

Sammie Okposo: I Am Not A Saint / Rick Ross Sick And Hospitalized / Lepacious Bose; My Laps And Thighs Need To Go Down Like My Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.