Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Where Is Dr Abalaka? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Dr Abalaka? (23298 Views)

APC Politics: Where Is Dr Chris Ngige? / Please Where Is Dr Umana Now-nigerian First 419er? / Is Dr. Olusola Saraki Christian Or Moslem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by nguage(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2010
The real paper is too big for the last post. I'll attach it when I get home. If you're able to get into the database yourself, link http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=MImg&_imagekey=B6TD4-4D97F8F-2-9&_cdi=5188&_user=699445&_pii=S0264410X0400502X&_orig=search&_coverDate=09%2F28%2F2004&_sk=999779970&view=c&wchp=dGLbVlb-zSkWA&md5=4898ff07e6d4cae4bba771d4ff198fa0&ie=/sdarticle.pdf
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2010
marvix:

Abalaka is livin his life large in Abj, he dared d world 2 inject him wit d virus and he will cure himself nd none of d intl agencies hav taken up d challenge. Instead they are askin him for d formular used in his preparation and he refused them, the amt of money they hav invested on condoms are yet to be realised.

The man has been treatin pple with d virus nd do u kno anyone who has d virus dat will come up openly to confess it even after the treatment and d treatment is not beans, Dr Abalaka has loads of money I personally know dat, he virtually supports many banks with his deposits.

Thanks for speaking up.

Its appalling that  same Fg that gave him pass mark at the beginning later made a back turn. Its all apathy towards creativity,

Baro:

When i saw Abalaka on this thread, one name stampeded my mind; Dr Tim Menakaya,  the then Minister of Health. Both were like cat and rat.

The dude was a PHD Apostle------''Pull him down apostle''

Baro:

@ topic,
Abalaka is an enigma. A doctor friend of mine, told me that he is presentlly in Canada researching with some international agencies/universities. I sought his opinion of Abalaka, and he rated him very high, said he is also respected in medical circles.

The guy's claim were not ''totally'' empty, The federal govt confirmed it then.

becomricha:

I assume they claim he was fake at that time. ?

The guy wasnt fake,

texazzpete:

LOL

As with any half-hearted attempt to scam people, conflicting stories are the order of the day.

Abalaka claimed he had been treating HIV positive patients and curing them of their malady. Now here you are claiming his solution was a Vaccine. I hope you know what a Vaccine is?

I asked same question b/4.See below. The people that decided to discredit him wasnt comfortable with his use of vaccine.

chosen04:

Do you know what a VACCINE is? , No pun intended.

mendax:

well definitely vaccine isn t the same as a cure, since the former is preventive.

Arent there preventive and curetive vaccines?====He 'claimed'' to have developed a mechanism to cure and prevent depending on what his patients needs.

aisha2:

Not taking sides but a close friend of mine got infected, spent over 500k in Abalakas hospital did not get cured.

The Friend must have been destinied to die. Even Headache and toothache still kills inspite of all the drugs available for their cure and treatment. People must die!!!. It doesnot mean others wont be saved. And the death of some doesnt mean the drugs are not WORKING!!

tkb417:

someone said hes in Abuja treating people and someone said hes in Canada

He is resident in Abuja. Possible he went on research works at Canada. See below

Baro:

@ topic,
Abalaka is an enigma. A doctor friend of mine, told me that he is presentlly in Canada researching with some international agencies/universities. I sought his opinion of Abalaka, and he rated him very high, said he is also respected in medical circles.

ziga:

It is obvious that Dr Abalaka's claims from back then were untrue.

And the problems he had with the government and the health ministry was that he was unprofessional in his approach.

You don't make an experimental drug and start injecting human volunteers. Drug tests have to pass through stages, which he totally ignored (animal testing and all) So, he was taking advantage of the hopeless situation of the HIV infected patients, giving them false hope, and preventing them from going for other proven methods of treatment.

Same govt that permitted pfizer's drugs to be tested on children in KANO state. Believe me if Abalaka was a white guy our govt will definetly be begging him to come and 'administer the vaccines/drugs'

nearest:

I think if he has a cure for HIV, or vaccines for the prevention he wouldn't keep quiet, is there anybody that doesn't want recognition from professional colleagues or nobel prize? There are countries that are spending billions of dollars for one drug or the other, if the nigeria govt. don't want to help him he could make presentations to pharmaceutical companies abroad who would want patent rights or part of it for assistance.

He may get the bolded at a very high price which may not be ok by him. Thus, the best option would have been for our govt to give him the necessary backing and funding.

What will it cost the govt him to fund his experiment for few yrs and let the guy Prove his claims or Forever keep quiet if he fails?

1 Like

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2010
n-guage:

The real paper is too big for the last post. I'll attach it when I get home. If you're able to get into the database yourself,

Pls keep to your words. Cos non members cant access that info.

Thank God for people like you who dont believe in this PULL HIM DOWN attitude of our govt towards Dr Abalaka.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2010
@Chosen04, I never said my friend died, she is alive, healhy and on ARVs, she was pregnant when she got her first dignosis, denial and fear for the life of their baby drove them to Abalaka, after taking lots of money from them he asked them to go get tested, they did and were still positive, then she decided to take our advice and accepted her situation, her baby was born negative, she has another one, healthy and happy.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2010
aisha2:

@Chosen04, I never said my friend died, she is alive, healhy and on ARVs, she was pregnant when she got her first dignosis, denial and fear for the life of their baby drove them to Abalaka, after taking lots of money from them he asked them to go get tested, they did and were still positive, then she decided to take our advice and accepted her situation, her baby was born negative, she has another one, healthy and happy.

@Aisha2,
Sorry for my comment about your friend.

Then how come you concluded that Dr Abalaka was fake if your friend is still alive and kicking? Could it may that it may take some times b/4 your friend's status will change?

Do you agree with me that your friend status still being positive doesnot mean that Dr Abalaka is not real?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by violent(m): 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2010
@Chosen

I don't know what your relationship with this Abalaka dude is, but from all indications it seems you are just trying to put up a cover to save the guy's shame.

If indeed people we getting cured, how can he claim to have a vaccine?

Vaccines don't cure people you know, you really need to invest in a mini oxford dictionary, or better and cheaper still try Google.

I coulda taken a bet and won still that his said vaccine is capable of curing staphylococcus, hypertension, sickle cell, syphilis, malaria, gonorrhea, streptococcus, diarrhea. . . .etc.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tkb417(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2010
lol
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by proudly9ja(m): 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2010
I did not read all of the report but from the little I read I think Abalaka's claims were as regards vaccines. He says he vaccinated himself in 1999 and later vaccinated his willing members of staff and close family relations and since their vaccination till the time recorded on the paper (2003), none has tested positive to HIV. He also said himself and members of staff don't even bother to wear gloves at their hospital when dealing with HIV infected blood because they know they cannot be infected.

I am not a medical person and I don't know what the procedures are but this is a tough one. If he has truely developed vaccines, these things will need to be tested and the only way they can be tested is by injecting a 'vaccinated' person with HIV infected blood. Abalaka has volunteered himself though it seems noone has taken up the challenge.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2010
proudly9ja:

I did not read all of the report but from the little I read I think Abalaka's claims were as regards vaccines. He says he vaccinated himself in 1999 and later vaccinated his willing members of staff and close family relations and since their vaccination till the time recorded on the paper (2003), none has tested positive to HIV. He also said himself and members of staff don't even bother to wear gloves at their hospital when dealing with HIV infected blood because they know they cannot be infected.

I am not a medical person and I don't know what the procedures are but this is a tough one. If he has truely developed vaccines, these things will need to be tested and the only way they can be tested is by injecting a 'vaccinated' person with HIV infected blood. Abalaka has volunteered himself though it seems noone has taken up the challenge.
I am sure if he truly had developed a vaccine he would have first put the drug or vaccine to the test via some kind of guinea-pig or rat testing. The documented results therefrom would then determine whether it would be worthwhile putting actual human beings to the test. There is no need whatsoever for him to inject himself with purported drugs in order to demonstrate the efficacy of his claim. undecided
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2010
violent:

@Chosen

I don't know what your relationship with this Abalaka dude is, but from all indications it seems you are just trying to put up a cover to save the guy's shame.

I dont know the guy from Adam. I have never met him in person. I only took interest in his ''claims and followed' him closely. From what i saw, the guy doesnot look or seem ''conish or fraudulent''. My eagle eyes has never failed me and its yet to see anything fraudulent about the Dr Abalaka. If it does 2morrow will come here and say it. Am pro-truth at all times.

violent:

If indeed people we getting cured, how can he claim to have a vaccine?

@Violent, hope you are not mixing it up?. I have said it times without numbers that the Dr Abalaka ''claims'' to have both 'drugs and vaccines' for treatment of the ailment(not too sure of the name he calls the former). The former for cure and the latter for prevention.

violent:

Vaccines don't cure people you know, you really need to invest in a mini oxford dictionary, or better and cheaper still try Google.

You really should learn to comprehend people. You keep falling my hands with your comprehension ability--Hope you did comprehension in school?----No pun intended

violent:

I coulda taken a bet and won still that his said vaccine is capable of curing staphylococcus, hypertension, sickle cell, syphilis, malaria, gonorrhea, streptococcus, diarrhea. . . .etc.

Is the bolded supposed to be incapable?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2010
proudly9ja:

Abalaka has volunteered himself though it seems noone has taken up the challenge.

I wonder ooooooooo!!! If they cant take the challenge, they should stop pulling the guy down for their lack of courage to live up to his open challenge!!
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^
tensor777:

I am sure if he truly had developed a vaccine he would have first put the drug or vaccine to the test via some kind of guinea-pig or rat testing. The documented results therefrom would then determine whether it would be worthwhile putting actual human beings to the test. There is no need whatsoever for him to inject himself with purported drugs in order to demonstrate the efficacy of his claim. undecided
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
tensor777:

No pun intended. U seem to be a very dull debater. why will he test HIV/AIDS vaccines on animals when those creatures dont suffer such ailments? Wont you be the very 1st person to laugh at him if he claims he only experimented with those creatures.

Testing himself and family members is and still remains the very best way of proving to the world that he has developed a vaccine capabling of preventing HIV spread. The only question is why the world is not taking his open challenge seriously, if they have nothing to hid?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^You have to be very clear to us here whether you are asserting he developed a vaccine or a cure. Certainly if it was a vaccine he developed then he would have to find a way of injecting some of his mammal-patients with the HIV virus that leads to AIDS, and so generating a control sample before he is able to go on and make his extraordinary claims.

On the other hand if he claimed to have developed a cure then he would need to test the drug on mammals that have developed AIDS.

Despite your own dogged views on this, you should be able to see that merely injecting himself with purported substances does not quite meet the standards expected of a medical trial.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by ziga: 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2010
chosen04:

No pun intended. U seem to be a very dull debater. why will he test HIV/AIDS vaccines on animals when those creatures dont suffer such ailments? Wont you be the very 1st person to laugh at him if he claims he only experimented with those creatures.

Testing himself and family members is and still remains the very best way of proving to the world that he has developed a vaccine capabling of preventing HIV spread. The only question is why the world is not taking his open challenge seriously, if they have nothing to hid?

You need to get your facts correct too.

All drugs are first tried on uninfected animals for side effects.  And by the way, the virus can cause infections in other animals too. So the virus can be injected into those animals, and then the new drug will be tried on the infected animal.

Until all these are satisfactory, human trials should never be done.

Health risks for almost everybody else can be created and the will say its a mistake(if he creates some superinfection). Dr. Abalaka should know better than that.

Drug trials are highly controlled, and Doctors are supposed to be highly responsible people because their mistakes are often fatal.
http://www.avert.org/hiv-animal-testing.htm
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2010
tensor777:

^^You have to be very clear to us here whether you are asserting he developed a vaccine or a cure.

He "claimed" to have developed both. Vaccine for prevention and drugs(not too sure of the name he uses) for the treatment of those already affected.

tensor777:

^^ Certainly if it was a vaccine he developed then he would have to find a way of [b]injecting some of his mammal-patients with the HIV virus that leads to AIDS
, and so generating a control sample before he is able to go on and make his extraordinary claims.

Is he not a mammal? thus, he used he himself.

tensor777:

^^
On the other hand if he claimed to have developed a cure then he would need to test the drug on mammals that have developed AIDS.

Pls can you kindly give us example of mammals that have developed AIDS apart from human?

tensor777:

Despite your own dogged views on this, you should be able to see that merely injecting himself with purported substances does not quite meet the standards expected of a medical trial.

A man who decided to inject himself with an ailment that has ''no cure'' has nothing to prove to any body again. He has since passed the stage of medical trial. When he came up with his claims he said it loud and clear that he was no longer in the trial stage. He simply was in the stage of reaching his country 1st with the message of his invention and what the nation deserves to gain from it.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2010
chosen04:

Pls can you kindly give us example of mammals that have developed AIDS apart from human?

Check the link ziga provided
ziga:

http://www.avert.org/hiv-animal-testing.htm

Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 7:25pm On Apr 26, 2010
ziga:

All drugs are first tried on uninfected animals for side effects.  And by the way, the virus can cause infections in other animals too. So the virus can be injected into those animals, and then the new drug will be tried on the infected animal.

I was really looking forward to see you  list the names of some of those animals(human excluded), but, alas, you didnt disappoint me!!

When did humans stop being animals? So if out of my 100% believe in what i have invented, it is first tested on me(the inventor), it will stop being effective?

ziga:

Until all these are satisfactory, human trials should never be done.

You seem to be an apostle of as it was in the beginning so shall it be to the end or world without end?

ziga:

Drug trials are highly controlled, and Doctors are supposed to be highly responsible people because their mistakes are often fatal.http://www.avert.org/hiv-animal-testing.htm

So Dr Abalaka who choosed to use himself and his family members as the guinea-pig of his experiment is not responsible? we are yet to hear of any mistake, regret or fatality from him.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2010
tensor777:

Check the link ziga provided

Is he afarid of writing/listing them?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2010
Well the Rhesus Macacque monkey is commonly used in HIV-AIDS trials.
I produce below a summary of the benefits of animal testing as compared with human testing with no paraphrasing whatsoever.

1 Animal testing is justified because of the many human lives that it can save

2: Animals are the best way to test vaccines, because it would be unethical to give a human a vaccine, and then to try to give them HIV to see if it works.

3: SIV-infected chimps and Rhesus macaques are good substitutes for humans, and make drug and vaccine development far more simple

4: Any differences between animal and human biology are generally known, and can be factored in to experiments

5: Not testing new pharmaceutical products on animals is highly dangerous

6: There are no viable alternatives to testing pharmaceutical products for safety on animals. Scientists already use in-vitro studies and computer models, and animal
testing comes only after these tests have been performed. If a drug fails either test, it will not be given to animals anyway.

7: There are very strong laws in place to ensure that distress and pain in animals is kept to an absolute minimum.

8: It is a legal requirement that drugs are tested on animals for safety in the majority of countries. Scientists have no choice in this matter.

9: No scientist wants to cause any more injury to an animal than is strictly necessary. Most scientists build up strong attachments to the animals they use in their experiments.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2010
tensor777:

Well the Rhesus Macacque monkey is commonly used in HIV-AIDS trials.

Pls STOP mixing up issue since there is no gurantee that Rhesus Macaque monkey test is effective for HIV. SEE BELOW:-
==================================================
A fundamental problem with using macaques in vaccine research has been that they have different immune systems to humans. This means they cannot be infected with HIV-1 (although they are susceptible to certain strains of HIV-2), however they can be infected with SIV, or an SIV-HIV combination (‘chimeric’ virus) known as SHIV. A drug or vaccine that is effective in Rhesus monkeys infected with SIV or SHIV may not therefore be effective in humans with HIV.
=========================================================

I still challenge you to list mammals(human excluded) that suffers from HIV. Pls we are not talking of SIV-HIV (combination (‘chimeric’ virus) or SHIV. Its laughable when people try hard to mix up scientific speculation in debates of his nature.

tensor777:

I produce below a summary of the benefits of animal testing as compared with human testing with no paraphrasing whatsoever.

1 Animal testing is justified because of the many human lives that it can save

2: Animals are the best way to test vaccines, because it would be unethical to give a human a vaccine, and then to try to give them HIV to see if it works.

3: SIV-infected chimps and Rhesus macaques are good substitutes for humans, and make drug and vaccine development far more simple

4: Any differences between animal and human biology are generally known, and can be factored in to experiments

5: Not testing new pharmaceutical products on animals is highly dangerous

6: There are no viable alternatives to testing pharmaceutical products for safety on animals. Scientists already use in-vitro studies and computer models, and animal
testing comes only after these tests have been performed. If a drug fails either test, it will not be given to animals anyway.

7: There are very strong laws in place to ensure that distress and pain in animals is kept to an absolute minimum.

8: It is a legal requirement that drugs are tested on animals for safety in the majority of countries. Scientists have no choice in this matter.

9: No scientist wants to cause any more injury to an animal than is strictly necessary. Most scientists build up strong attachments to the animals they use in their experiments.

I produce below a summary of the demerits of animal testing/why its ineffective when it comes to testing in case of HIV/AIDS- with no paraphrasing whatsoever

1) There is no firm evidence that animal testing has saved anyone’s life directly, particularly in the case of HIV – most drugs could probably have been developed without the use of animals.

2)It is no more ethical to give an animal a life-threatening illness than it is to give one to a human.

3) Monkeys and chimpanzees do not have identical immune systems to humans, and may not respond to drugs or vaccines in the same way. Rhesus macaques also cannot be directly infected with HIV. No HIV vaccine has yet been developed, despite many years of animal involvement.

4) Animals are often poor substitutes for humans, and some compounds that may well cause no harm to an animal, could seriously harm a human being. Likewise, a drug that is toxic to the animal it is tested on, may have no toxicity, and even therapeutic benefits in humans.

5)   An animal’s life is equal to a human’s and we have no right to assume otherwise simply because animals cannot express their pain and suffering in words
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2010
chosen04:

@Aisha2,
Sorry for my comment about your friend.

Then how come you concluded that Dr Abalaka was fake if your friend is still alive and kicking? Could it may that it may take some times b/4 your friend's status will change?

Do you agree with me that your friend status still being positive doesnot mean that Dr Abalaka is not real?
Perharps you did not read my first comment, i did not conclude he was fake i said am not taking sides just giving my own experience.
My second comment, clearly stated that my friend is alive and healthy because she accepted her status and starting living right and healthy, when it was time for Anti retrovrals she was placed on the meds. Not because of any Abalaka majic
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by tope777(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2010
Abalaka shoul come out and tell us the current stage of the vacine, This is the time to prove to the whole world that he is real.,
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2010
aisha2:

Perharps you did not read my first comment, i did not conclude he was fake i said am not taking sides just giving my own experience.
My second comment, clearly stated that my friend is alive and healthy because she accepted her status and starting living right and healthy, when it was time for Anti retrovrals she was placed on the meds. Not because of any Abalaka majic

Perherps you didnt understand the implications of your comment going "unchallenged''. Some times nothing could be said, but some thing could be understood especially when it goes unchallenged.

tope777:

Abalaka shoul come out and tell us the current stage of the vacine, This is the time to prove to the whole world that he is real.,

How can he prove that when your government of the day is treating Referrals sent to them about Dr Abalaka's ability with a long pole?(eye sore), if u ask me.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by nguage(m): 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2010
Sorry for not posting the research peper yet, I'll do it tonight. But anyway, I would not like this act - my posting of the research paper, to be misconstrued as a support for Dr. Abalaka. I don't think it's moral for him to make patients pay for a yet-to-be verified vaccine. But he defended this in the letter I posted a few days ago.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by ziga: 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2010
chosen04:

Pls STOP mixing up issue since there is no gurantee that Rhesus Macaque monkey test is effective for HIV. SEE BELOW:-
==================================================
A fundamental problem with using macaques in vaccine research has been that they have different immune systems to humans. This means they cannot be infected with HIV-1 (although they are susceptible to certain strains of HIV-2), however they can be infected with SIV, or an SIV-HIV combination (‘chimeric’ virus) known as SHIV. A drug or vaccine that is effective in Rhesus monkeys infected with SIV or SHIV may not therefore be effective in humans with HIV.
=========================================================

I still challenge you to list mammals(human excluded) that suffers from HIV. Pls we are not talking of SIV-HIV (combination (‘chimeric’ virus) or SHIV. Its laughable when people try hard to mix up scientific speculation in debates of his nature.

I produce below a summary of the demerits of animal testing/why its ineffective when it comes to testing in case of HIV/AIDS- with no paraphrasing whatsoever

1) There is no firm evidence that animal testing has saved anyone’s life directly, particularly in the case of HIV – most drugs could probably have been developed without the use of animals.

2)It is no more ethical to give an animal a life-threatening illness than it is to give one to a human.

3) Monkeys and chimpanzees do not have identical immune systems to humans, and may not respond to drugs or vaccines in the same way. Rhesus macaques also cannot be directly infected with HIV. No HIV vaccine has yet been developed, despite many years of animal involvement.

4) Animals are often poor substitutes for humans, and some compounds that may well cause no harm to an animal, could seriously harm a human being. Likewise, a drug that is toxic to the animal it is tested on, may have no toxicity, and even therapeutic benefits in humans.

5)   An animal’s life is equal to a human’s and we have no right to assume otherwise simply because animals cannot express their pain and suffering in words
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

Unfortunately, you completely misunderstood the article that i posted.

For everything in life, there are advantages and disadvantages.

You have listed the disadvantages, but definitely, the odds will go in favor of one of them.

And right now, the rules are that you conclude animal testing before you can go ahead with human trials.

There are also rules guarding the way these animals can be treated before they can be sacrificed.

And if the good doctor wants something good for mankind, he will go through all that process.

P.S. there was a drug trial by pfizer on Nigerian children in Kano a few years ago that was alleged to have gone bad resulting in deaths. It was believed that the pfizer scientists took advantage of the poor human rights situation in Nigeria. These are the kinds of things rules like that help to avoid.
linkhttp://allafrica.com/stories/201002120101.html

And i don't understand how you will say that asking for somebody to do things the right way is wrong.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2010
ziga:

Unfortunately, you completely misunderstood the article that i posted.

You are definetly mixing up issues. The claim some animals can now be directly affected with AIDs without listing any.

ziga:

All drugs are first tried on uninfected animals for side effects. And by the way, the virus can cause infections in other animals too. So the virus can be injected into those animals, and then the new drug will be tried on the infected animal.

Why not list in the animals in black and white rather than saying some animals. Its a deliberate way of mixing facts by people in debate and wanted to trash that out and bring it to your notice that ''no animal---be it mammal--- that is directly affected by HIV/AIDS thus, Human testing ''where possible'' might just be the best it.

ziga:

For everything in life, there are advantages and disadvantages

Thank God you know for every thing in life there are merits and demerits. Thus, my reason(s) for listing the demerit of ''overdependence'' on animal testing wea to counter TENSOR777 who only listed the merits, as if they were no demerits

ziga:

You have listed the disadvantages, but definitely, the odds will go in favor of one of them.

Do you wnat to put the above to poll?. Cos i know very well that for very 1 supporter, there will be 2 opposers. Animal right activists are everywhere now. Most will even advocate for Billions to be budgeted for animal protection in place where humans are right to eat 3 square meals.

ziga:

And right now, the rules are that you conclude animal testing before you can go ahead with human trials.

There are also rules guarding the way these animals can be treated before they can be sacrificed.

And you smartly/deliberately decided not to write that they are people OPPOSED to that rules?. Who will prefer straight semi-human testing and trials

ziga:

And if the good doctor wants something good for mankind, he will go through all that process

And if the Doctor decides to use "himself and his family members" for the testing cos he is very SURE of his ''inventions'' does that make him a BAD DOCTOR?

ziga:

P.S. there was a drug trial by pfizer on Nigerian children in Kano a few years ago that was alleged to have gone bad resulting in deaths. It was believed that the pfizer scientists took advantage of the poor human rights situation in Nigeria. These are the kinds of things rules like that help to avoid.

That is the IRONY of it all. The same our govt who was kissing the ass of Pfizer to come and administer their drugs without cross checking cos PFIZER is seen as a ''Foreign coy''-----(You and i know that our govt has the tendencies to worship foreigners) is now refusing to an open ''challenge'' by Abalaka cos he is a ''nobody/one of us''

ziga:

And i don't understand how you will say that asking for somebody to do things the right way is wrong.

Wrong in this context is relative. What may be wrong to you might be right to another people. So, stop believing that the foreign scientist are always right
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2010
Moreover the drugs that our fore-fathers developed b/4 the introduction of modern medicines were directly tested on HUMANS------Did that make does drugs/the process wrong or ineffective?
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2010
Why is our govt usually interested in worshipping foreigners? Just wish Abalaka was a foreign, maybe there would have been the 1st ppl kissing his ass.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by ziga: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2010
chosen04:

Why is our govt usually interested in worshipping foreigners? Just wish Abalaka was a foreign, maybe there would have been the 1st ppl kissing his backside.

Well, according to your argument, we don't need NAFDAC. Business men can request that drugs should be made with 20% active ingredient and 80% off chalk as long as they have tried it on themselves

Drugs affect diseases that affect human lives in different ways. You can't claim to have created some wonder drug, make claims that it works without it being tested. I don't know how you don't understand that.

Drugs HAVE to be tested and shown to work with minimal side effects before they can be used on HUMANS. That is the rule!!!

I'm sure even Dr. Abalaka understands that and is working on doing that.

And, If he was a foreigner, he would have been arrested, sued to court and tried for using the "drugs" on humans without going through the appropriate means.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by chosen04(f): 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2010
ziga:

And, If he was a foreigner, he would have been arrested, sued to court and tried for using the "drugs" on humans without going through the appropriate means.

Exactly, the same way PFIZER MANAGEMENT were arrested, tried and jailed by the govt of their 'headquarter' host country?

You make me LAUGH!!!!!

Am not against ''animal testing'' for your info. but that shouldnt be the reason why some one should claim that ABALAKA's vaccines and drugs didnt pass through such thus, unfit for human consumation. When he has challenged the world to reject him with the virus and he cure himself. I just admire him for using himeslf for the test cos he is 100% sure of the efficacy of his inventions.

Have you ever taken time to read any of his articles or his reply to critics? That guy would have gone places if ours is a place where ''creativity by citizens'' is celebrated/funded.
Re: Where Is Dr Abalaka? by ziga: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2010
chosen04:

Exactly, the same way PFIZER MANAGEMENT were arrested, tried and jailed by the govt of their 'headquarter' host country?

You make me LAUGH!!!!!

Am not against ''animal testing'' for your info. but that shouldnt be the reason why some one should claim that ABALAKA's vaccines and drugs didnt pass through such thus, unfit for human consumation. When he has challenged the world to reject him with the virus and he cure himself. I just admire him for using himeslf for the test cos he is 100% sure of the efficacy of his inventions.

Have you ever taken time to read any of his articles or his reply to critics? That guy would have gone places if ours is a place where ''creativity by citizens'' is celebrated/funded.

FYI it was the government that initiate d the investigations in order to sue pfizer. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6241322.stm

If Dr. Abalaka's vaccine/cure is tested and successful, he will be celebrated and the first thing that will be said about him will be that he is Nigerian.

I would love for HIV to have a cure and i would love for a Nigerian to discover it. But still things have to be done the right way.

It has happened to me lots of times, and am sure to you too. When you think you have everything correct, only for you to fail.

We should always try as much as possible to avoid mistakes when we have the means to try. . . God knows how many viruses have already been created out of the errors of science.

Peace out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Sacks Bashir Marafa, PDP Senator From Taraba... Sahara Reporters / Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested / Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.