Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. (33897 Views)

Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by greatcrown: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
Who is fooling who?

Initially the story was denied.

Now they are pinning it to a passenger.

I don't blame you, I only blame the regulatory agency who cannot act until presidency sneezes.

I hope everyone will avoid the airline like plague.

I just wonder why taking responsibility is a big thing for Nigerian institutions!
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by bonna4u(m): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
Thank God a snake wasn't accused this time around.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by horia: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kenzico:
Just 3 comments....its on FP

Now I know some moderators depend on Nairaland to make ends meet
what kind of person are you. Even if you are having such a thing in ur mind, why would you just conclude openly without any proof.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
overall90:
Nansense!

an aircraft is a highly computerized machine that there is no way the emergency door would have been tampered with without an alarm coming up at least in the cockpit.

This.

1 Like

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by DrMuzungu(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
Bonaventura:
Damage control. Is the door condom that can easily be removed?

Yes, it is. Imagine moments after an emergency landing, fire at the back, you are about to get burned to death. Imagine now a door which requires 10 to 20 minutes to open?!?!?! These doors ARE designed to be opened that easily. They are not designed for stupid idiots, no matter where he came from.

Some 10 years ago, an Airbus 340 (Airfrance) landed in Toronto. Due to pilot's mistake, it sled off the runway and caught fire. Only thanks to the well trained cabin crew AND THE DOORS WHICH CAN BE OPENED EASILY, everybody was out within 90 seconds. Minutes later, the whole plane was burned completely.

Now, let's talk about the emergency exit doors which you want to be opened slooooowly, veeeeeery slooooowly.

As for PMB... did he tell that man to stupidly open the door? No. Did the CEO of Dana Air tell him to put in danger lives of others on board? No! We are all responsible for what happens to us every day. Please don't point your finger to Buhari, or Jonathan, or even Obasanjo... and especially not at Yar'adua (he was a simple and honorable man).

1 Like

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by smart111(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
publish200:
Preliminary investigations revealed that, the Dana Air crew did not assign the emergency door to him but the man Mr David Ahmed insisted on sitting at the emergency exit and after a while, knowing what he had done, called the crew and changed his seat. 

According to the source, the passenger\'s movement from one seat to another, around the exit door which was not originally assigned to him  confirmed that he had something up his sleeves. 

On landing in Lagos, Mr Ahmed a Lebanese national was relaxed and did not event express any fear. While other passengers were taking pictures, the passenger looked carefree. ‎

The is a clear lesson to all air travellers. always watch the person beside you because safety and security is everyone's business. 

I have said it times without number, that Dana Air remains the safest airline in Nigeria having had some experience in the past and improved its safety rating for the past 6 years since 2012. 

Dana Air  has however refused to issue a statement so it deosnt seem its still accusing its passenger.  

The man is presently on the run and has refused to honour NCAA's invite for questioning. The airline is on the other hand considering a legal option. 

We are watching ‎

http://www.abujapress.com/2018/02/the-passenger-that-caused-dana-air.html?m=1
There are lock bolts that hold the doors together, and permission from the cockpit is required to disable them. These bolts are often located deep inside the structure of the aircraft, and cannot be destroyed by force at the surface.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by redsun(m): 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
overall90:
Nansense!

an aircraft is a highly computerized machine that there is no way the emergency door would have been tampered with without an alarm coming up at least in the cockpit.

Not Nigerian aircrafts. They are all bolikajas(molues)in the air. Ticking time bombs that could could drop off the sky at any moment.

The grosss waywardness in the country reflects in all spheres of life,including the highly sensitive and complex airline industry.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by SmartyPants(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
phrancys001:
Still don't get it was the airplane door an egg shell that can be easily dismounted?

Not an eggshell but obviously it should be relatively easy to open since it is an emergency door we are talking about here.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by SmartyPants(m): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
greatcrown:
Who is fooling who?

Initially the story was denied.

Now they are pinning it to a passenger.

I don't blame you, I only blame the regulatory agency who cannot act until presidency sneezes.

I hope everyone will avoid the airline like plague.

I just wonder why taking responsibility is a big thing for Nigerian institutions!

The very first press release from Dana stated that the door was tampered with. Don't know which denial you are talking about.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by 400billionman: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
phrancys001:
Still don't get it was the airplane door an egg shell that can be easily dismounted?

You mean the egg used for preparing Indomie?
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Bluehill1051: 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
What is this one saying sef
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Jessam: 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ok folks let me explain,

Cabin Crew – Arm doors and cross check

You’ll hear this at the start of every flight, just as the aircraft starts to push back from the gate. Simply, it means that the door is ready for use in an emergency evacuation.

If the door is opened the escape slide or raft will deploy and inflate. (Fact # 1 – a slide can inflate in less than six seconds).

Crew arm and disarm the door by moving a special level, locked with a pin. (Fact #2 – it’s physically impossible for the aircraft door to open mid-flight due to the difference in air pressure inside the cabin and outside in the atmosphere). The fact is a passenger tampered with it during the flight or before take off just as in a car a warning light would have gone off in the cockpit, cabin crew would have also checked it while arming the door.

Please note there has been at least one incident when a passenger did manage to open the door of an aircraft while it was in the sky. In 1971 “Dan 'D B' Cooper” hijacked a Boeing 727, extorted a $200,000 ransom ($1.2m in today's money), and then leapt from the rear exit with a parachute, never to be seen again. However, he had the pilot depressurise the plane in order to do so, while a year later “Cooper vanes” were installed to completely disable aircraft doors while the landing gear is up.

And after landing, you’ll hear the pilot ask crew to disarm doors – this means that the emergency slide has been deactivated.

My concern in this incident is why the emergency slides did not deploy, they should have as the door must have been still armed - DAMA EXPLAIN THAT

2 Likes

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by blank(f): 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
kaylo31:

Its an emergency exit, anyone assigned to sit next to it is usually taught how to open it in case of an emergency and people need to get out. Its not so difficult to open once its explained to you.

Even if you are taught how to open it, how did the person open it without it alerting anyone.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by transmitter007: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Dear All,

I had to re activate my NL account for this reason to open up what happened in the flight as I was in that dana flight from LA to ABJ. It was a 6:50am flight from Lagos to Abuja, on Wed with the details below
Travel Itinerary
Lagos → Abuja
Date Times Flight Info Flight Number Notes
Wednesday
07-Feb 06:48
08:13 Departs Lagos (LOS)
Lands in Abuja (ABV) 9J-351
Economy MD83

The passenger drew the attention of the air hostess to check the door since it seems a bit opened and after the hostess pulled the door for a while she left , saying the door was in good state. God kept the door shut from Lagos to Abuja and immediately the tires hit the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport tarmac the door blew of the plane. Same air hostess came shouting passengers should sit down and not take pictures .

It soo sad Dana Management will make such statement since the passenger has moved on . Most passengers on the flight were scarred as they were leaving !. Its a clear warning to everyone to stay off this flight in Nigeria as you cannot speak when it happens .

God save us all. Thank you Jesus
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Shinery0123(m): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gkay1:
na dem dem na, if u talk now, some of dem in Nigeria will criticise u.

may God deliver us from all dis aboki people.
Remember he is 'David' Ahmed. U left that out ode
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by kaylo31(m): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
slightlyMad:

Nope, it does not work that way, that door will only open when the main door opens.

It is controlled from the main door.
If not, anyone who is mentally unbalance can just open it.
Lol, i am an aircraft engineer bro, i know what im saying. There is no aircraft with the main doors controlling the emergency exit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Int'l Airport: Airpeace Is Ready To Deploy Planes- Allen Onyema / Driver Breaks LASTMA Official’s Leg (photos) / Police Car Hits Nigerian During Chase In Italy. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.