Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors (17401 Views)

Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu / We Met Akpabio 20 Times To Stop His Defection- Enoidem / Ambode: Tinubu Burst Into Tears At Meeting With Buhari & APC Governors- Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
GOVERNORS elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), have said their mission to Daura, Katsina State, was merely to condole President Muhammadu Buhari over the loss of two members of his extended family.

The Chairman of the APC Governors’ Forum, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, stated this while asnwering questions from newsmen after a closed-door meeting with President Buhari at his private residence in Daura, on Friday.

He dismissed media reports that their mission to Daura was aimed at convincing the president to seek re-election in the presidential election in 2019, adding that the governors also used the opportunity to commend the president for appointing Senator Bola Tinubu as the head of the APC reconciliation committee.

“We are yet to discuss 2019 elections. That would be in the next meeting where we will discuss whether we want to support him to run or not. “But for now we came on the issue of the death of his two relatives and to commend him for action taken on Tinubu as a conciliator,” he said.

Also speaking on the outcome of the meeting, Governor Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa State, said they were in Daura to sympathise with the president over the involvement of his son, Yusuf, in a ghastly auto-accident and the death of his two relatives.

He described the appointment of Tinubu as the APC chief mediator as a wonderful initiative by the president, adding,

“After the condolences, we had some very intimate discussion that further bound our relationships and affinity together and I believe this is a continuation of our closed association and support, loyalty and commitment to Mr President’s cause and Nigeria’s cause,” he said.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/met-buhari-console-not-2019-apc-governors/

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Coldplay007(f): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2018
They didnt go to Zamfara and Benue to console them.. They went to console a president that his distant relatives died.. When tens of people died they didn't console their state...

Oloshi gbogbo...

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Okoroawusa: 9:48am On Feb 17, 2018
Coldplay007:
They didnt go to Zamfara and Benue to console them.. They went to console a president that his distant relatives died.. When tens of people died they didn't console their state...

Oloshi gbogbo...
When a christian Don Wanny killed scores of Christians coming out of a Christians place of worship in a terrorist attack in a christian state like Rivers, how many Govs paid Wike a visit?

Hypocrites!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Scl24: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
Continue, my profile will help..
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by kuzeeboy: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
Una father there

5 Likes

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by BABANGBALI: 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
Keep deceiving yourselves

3 Likes

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Peterpanny: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
just one bomb,and half of nigeria problem will be solve.dont ask me how if you cant reason.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by pejuakinab: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
I fear
I thought Yusuf had passed on
Thank God its not him

Still on d matter:

Buhari must go. I see that visit as valedictory greeting.

1 Like

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Sirventor01(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
It is very clear that honesty is a virtue that almost all our leaders lack.

1 Like

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by melzabull(f): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:
[s]
When a christian Don Wanny killed scores of Christians coming out of a Christians place of worship in a terrorist attack in a christian state like Rivers, how many Govs paid Wike a visit?

Hypocrites[/s]!!!
common shut that stinking abokee mouth of yours

Brain-dead zombie

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by anochuko01(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Hypocrites!!!
the RAM of your head low gan sha

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Damilare6293: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
You left your respective States to condole with Buhari over the death of his DISTANT relatives.... Only a fool will believe this.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by ShineuEye: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
[s]
Okoroawusa:

Hypocrites!!!
[/s]
Talking without thinking.
Don Waney was a cultist, the Fulanis are an ethnic group trying to annihilate another tribe, where is the comparison?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
So I say again the president did not go down to benue state where 73 or more people were killed but would rather visit Daura to condole with his distant relatives

Yes he is allowed to go but what about the ones murdered in their sleep as a president his advisers are really not doing there work

Shame to all the APC governors that visited him and could not visit the Benue state governor.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by mrsfavour(f): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2018
Peterpanny:
just one bomb,and half of nigeria problem will be solve.dont ask me how if you cant reason.
laugh wan kill me here

1 Like

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by 400billionman: 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
APC = LIES

3 Likes

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by FarahAideed: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
Good they should console with the Dullard ahead of his loss at the 2019 polls

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by fistonati(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
The truth shall soon ne revealed. Anti masses parading themselves as governors.

2 Likes

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Iseoluwani: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Thought Yusuf don't die

Make he die quick quick
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by congorasta: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
rouges
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Edunwa302(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
Who's senator bola tinubu?
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Qsscruz(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
That's thoughtful of you. I applaud the move. Who wouldn't console a man that would be going back to his ever constant 150 cows after spending four years in a villa that doesn't befit him. The count down has began.

5 Likes

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by RonJeremy: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Hypocrites!!!
But Don Wanny is dead, what about the herdsmen that are roaming around freely thanks to their leader Buhari?

9 Likes

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by AkupeMBANO(m): 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
charlatans
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by debolayinka(m): 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
How many of you have sent a condolence message talk less of a visit to Ortom or Benue state as a whole since Fulani herdsmen massacred innocent people there?

Brainless deceivers.

1 Like

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Robbin7(m): 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Lie and deceit must kill Rochas.
All of you left your states to come and console one baby Buhari.
Ogun Kill all of una after thunder done fire una.
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Pvibe007: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Hypocrites!!!

OMG!! If only our parents knew which child to abort. undecided

6 Likes

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by FrancisIgya: 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gov. Ortom of Benue State is conspicuously absent.
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by charidot(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
You talk as if you don't know anything. Should he start attending to everything at the same time? Ish! author=Coldplay007 post=65136588]They didnt go to Zamfara and Benue to console them.. They went to console a president that his distant relatives died.. When tens of people died they didn't console their state...

Oloshi gbogbo...
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by dust144(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2018
How many of ApC gov that visit taraba, Benue, Kaduna, borno etc cant wait for 2019 now that I have my PVC.
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by Olembey: 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
How these people take us for a daft really baffles me... All the way to Daura, to console the president on the death of two distant relatives.....APC Na wao, make una take am easy nah... We ain't all fools
Re: We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors by RexTramadol1: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Block head governors.... How I wish.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vice President Kashim Shettima Receives Traditional Title In Anambra / State Of Economy: I'm Happy I Lost Governorship Election —alao-akala / Badeh’s Wife, Children Removed From Watch-list

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.