Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,487 members, 7,865,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:42 AM

The Possibility Thinker - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Possibility Thinker (352 Views)

A Boyfriend Who Says I’m An Over Thinker / What's The Possibility Of Getting Pregnant Without Penetrative Sex. / The Possibility Of An Unmarried Lady Being Above 25 Years And Still Be A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Possibility Thinker by Teenagersdiary: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2018
THE POSSIBILITY THINKER.

Abraham Lincoln was born to a farmer in Kentucky. He had little formal education but he strived to be one of the greatest men. He read books, newspapers he comes across.

He never went to law school but by reading the law and working for local lawyers he was admitted to the bars.

In 1831, his business went bankrupt.

In 1832, he lost his job after which he decided to run for the state legislature. He lost. Two losses in 1year.

In 1833, he started another business but in less than one yr, the business collapse and he went bankrupt. 

In 1834, he ran again for the state legislature. And this time around the story was different he was elected to the Illinois legislature.

In 1835, he was engaged to a young woman he loved. Few months before his wedding, his beloved fiancée, Ann Rutledge died.

In 1836, he had a nervous breakdown and was in bed for months.

In 1838, having recovered, he ran for the office of the speaker of the state legislature and he was defeated.

In 1842, he got married to Mary Todd who bore him three sons, two of whom died in their youth.

In 1843, he ran again for the Congress of the United States and lost.

In 1846, he was elected to serve in the house of Representatives.

In 1848, he south for renomination but he was defeated.

He was broke financially. He applied for the job of a land officer but his letter was returned with a letter " To be a land officer in this state you must have great talent, ability and intellectual, and your application does not have those qualification.

In 1856, he ran for nominations as a vice president of the United States. He was defeated.

In 1858, he still ran another time for the United States Senate. He lost.

In 1860, two years after his defeat he was elected as the sixteenth president of the United States and became the best President ever leading the Nation through terrible war. He guided the United States through the darkest era. And it was because he had an experience through both victory and defeat.

You see, success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. If you were Abraham Lincoln, would you have kept on trying? Wouldn't you have said "I am a failure," I am tired of trying. Am not trying again. Even if I try again it won't still POSSIBLE, after all have already tried and have failed. I think he had every reason to give up at the point when his application letter was returned with those heart piercing and hurtful words. Trying and trying again and losing and losing again. But this man didn't give up. He pressed onward.

One think you should learn from Abraham Lincoln is that is not what happens to you that determine how far you go in life, it is what you do with what happens to you. Don't allow people discourage you. I believe it is more honourable to share with people how many times you have tried and failed before succeeding than give them many reasons you gave up. So, Why don't you try standing up again and surmount those difficulties and misfortunes. Encourage someone today by sharing with them this great piece. Its might give someone another reason to live. Check www.teenagersdairy.com.ng for this very great, inspiring and motivational piece "THE GIANT WORD THAT SHOULD BE SLAY"

Share to friends as have just done to you and make their weekend great! Have a fruitful weekend.

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija DOUBLE WAHALA Miracle At It Again / 5 Years Old Facebook For Sale / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.