Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:46 AM

My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) (23552 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? / My Baby's Transformation... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 18, 2018
Pls experienced parents in the house especially Mums, my baby is 9 months old. We just introduced him to cereals but the trouble is he refuses to eat it. We have tried Pap, that one is even worse.
I have to pin his hands and legs, while the Mum tries to force his mouth open just to get a spoonful into his mouth, that is if she can get past the teeth that he won't open. And after all these, he will not swallow, he will just spit everything out and we are back to square one. And the way he cries.........damn
We tried closing his nostrils and mouth to force him to swallow, hmmm, I will never try it again. Continuing only on breast milk is no longer an option cos it doesn't fill him anymore. Pls suggestions

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by dingbang(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2018
Your mum knows what to do.

19 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Slaye: 7:50am On Feb 18, 2018
Give him fried rice nd chicken with plantain. Wether e nor go eat

65 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by godofuck231: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:
Pls experienced parents in the house especially Mums, my baby is 9 months old. We just introduced him to cereals but the trouble is he refuses to eat it. We have tried Pap, that one is even worse.
I have to pin his hands and legs, while the Mum tries to force his mouth open just to get a spoonful into his mouth, that is if she can get past the teeth that he won't open. And after all these, he will not swallow, he will just spit everything out and we are back to square one. And the way he cries.........damn
We tried closing his nostrils and mouth to force him to swallow, hmmm, I will never try it again. Continuing only on breast milk is no longer an option cos it doesn't fill him anymore. Pls suggestions
take him to the hospital, check his digestive tracts, that child might be having a small throat forced feeding might choke him to death, rather use fake breasts, it's loaded with watery cereals and milk and worn like a bra by mothers

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by godofuck231: 7:55am On Feb 18, 2018
dingbang:
Your mum knows what to do.
Come take orijin, cold one

13 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by khome(f): 7:59am On Feb 18, 2018
godofuck231:
take him to the hospital, check his digestive tracts, that child might be having a small throat forced feeding might choke him to death, rather use fake breasts, it's loaded with watery cereals and milk and worn like a bra by mothers
I dont think there is anytn wrong with him. Its a normal thing, they dont want to trade breast milk for all these food. The taste is the difference. Anytime he is hungry, dnt breastfeed him, let him cry wella til he wil be forced to take the pap or cerealac

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by dingbang(m): 8:10am On Feb 18, 2018
grin
godofuck231:
Come take orijin, cold one
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by ObservantFellow: 8:13am On Feb 18, 2018
I don't know man. I guess at this point, it's time to let him feel hunger and understand that cereals/pap is the only available option.
It's really difficult believing there's a problem that won't let a child eat when he/she's not sick

10 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by godofuck231: 8:22am On Feb 18, 2018
khome:
I dont think there is anytn wrong with him. Its a normal thing, they dont want to trade breast milk for all these food. The taste is the difference. Anytime he is hungry, dnt breastfeed him, let him cry wella til he wil be forced to take the pap or cerealac
OK I no vex, make e mama give am small orijin drink, e below go open, maybe he has a taste of what his father likes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nutase: 8:31am On Feb 18, 2018
You guys started late. Your first attempt at introducing him to cereals and pap should have been at 6 months.

You have to keep trying until he breaks otherwise your wife won't be able to cope.

36 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by AK6464(m): 9:35am On Feb 18, 2018
Give him multivitamin syrup, I had same experience with my daughter

12 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Holycity(f): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
have you tried age baby food.... though am not trying to advertise it for the owners.... but I think you should try it....
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
godofuck231:
Never heard of it before. Where can one get it?

1 Like

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
godofuck231:

OK I no vex, make e mama give am small orijin drink, e below go open, maybe he has a taste of what his father likes
Funny suggestion but I don't take alcohol. Thanks anyway

4 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2018
ObservantFellow:
I don't know man. I guess at this point, it's time to let him feel hunger and understand that cereals/pap is the only available option.
It's really difficult believing there's a problem that won't let a child eat when he/she's not sick
The thing is this.... If you give him a taste of whatever we are eating, he accepts it readily and even comes for more, be it beans, semo, soup, bread, rice etc but he doesn't take enough of it for it to be a meal for him

6 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
Holycity:
have you tried age baby food.... though am not trying to advertise it for the owners.... but I think you should try it....
Will try it. We have tried Nutribon and Geber, no show

1 Like

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 5:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:

This is pure nonsense!

Irritating nonsense!

Please don't tell me you are an educated individual. What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is that? You want to choke the kid?

This shyt is irritating me to the bone. I am really restraining my tongue because it is your child and your ignorant behaviour is out of concern and love.

If a child is not eating, you have three options.

1) Find out if there is anything wrong with the child physiologically by first physically examining the child and, if necessary, take the child to a medical profesional.

2) Change the food type (which you have already done)

3) WAIT! Put the food on the side. When the child is hungry wellu wellu, it would ask/cry for food and eat what is offered.

I have said this repeatedly to those I have seen trying to force-feed their children. What utter nonsense!!!

If you don't feel like eating, would you like people pinning you down and forcing food in you?

The child is a human being that NEEDS the nutrients of food to function and survive. If they are not taking what you are offering now, they would definitely take it later when hunger wire them. Why would you want to torment and traumatise them with feeding time because of your own self-obsession with convincing yourself that you are doing a great job parenting?

You are potentially raising a child that would have challenges with food in future because it registers in their brain as association with trauma.

What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is this?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by baby124: 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
Try to start putting breast milk in bottle to feed him. Mix the breast milk with baby cereal, preferably oatmeal that is filling and nutritious. Make sure it’s not too thick. Then start putting little food in front of him and see what he does. Also, try puréeing food for him. Sorry about all the trouble, But please dont force feed him again so he doesn’t choke. It’s very dangerous to force feed children.

4 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by natasha: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
Start off with mashed bananas for him....try mashing half a banana. Give him little....repeat it daily even if he takes just a spoon.....eventually he ll take more as he gets used 2 the taste

Try mashed Avocados .....same instructions as above

Boil rice (without salt) until its very soft and then mash it with x2 spoons of formula milk and feed him.....same instructions as above

Try him with fried egg with no salt or pepper.

Try indomie without the spice...mashedup indomie

Feed him with ur (adult) foods as you eat but ensure dt particular meal is cooked with less pepper or spice.

Also try and feed him with his fellow age groups as kids often like to copy what they see their peers doing....hopefully he ll eat when he sees his peers eat.

Repeat the above daily even if its x1 or x2 a day till he gets used 2 the taste.
Initially he may only tolerate a spoon.....then x2 spoons then x4 spoons etc
REMEMBER kids can be funny....he could fall in love with the food today and eat lots of it and then in 3wks time, completely reject it.
FINALLY pls and pls NEVER feed ur child by blocking his nostrils and starving him of oxygen in the process.....its never a good idea to starve a human being of oxygen

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2018
Sagamite:

This is pure nonsense!

Irritating nonsense!

Please don't tell me you are an educated individual. What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is that? You want to choke the kid?

This shyt is irritating me to the bone. I am really restraining my tongue because it is your child and your ignorant behaviour is out of concern and love.

If a child is not eating, you have three options.

1) Find out if there is anything wrong with the child physiologically by first physically examining the child and, if necessary, take the child to a medical profesional.

2) Change the food type (which you have already done)

3) WAIT! Put the food on the side. When the child is hungry wellu wellu, it would ask/cry for food and eat what is offered.

I have said this repeatedly to those I have seen trying to force-feed their children. What utter nonsense!!!

If you don't feel like eating, would you like people pinning you down and forcing food in you?

The child is a human being that NEEDS the nutrients of food to function and survive. If they are not taking what you are offering now, they would definitely take it later when hunger wire them. Why would you want to torment and traumatise them with feeding time because of your own self-obsession with convincing yourself that you are doing a great job parenting?

You are potentially raising a child that would have challenges with food in future because it registers in their brain as association with trauma.

What kind of fcking illiterate behaviour is this?
Mr Self Righteous, Ur opinion is noted.... Thanks

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by LadySarah: 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:

He doesnt want,no be by force!
not all babies want mende mende oyibo food.give the lil man correct African food pls

My son is 9mths plus too and only took cereals once ,which was at six mths after EBF.He didnt like all the brands i bought so i simply dumped them and gave him adult food.you just have to mash it.
he hasnt fallen sick till Today and sturdier than his Bros that was using a tin of milk in 5 days

whatever you guys are eating give him.he will not die
Ajebutter no be by force!He will get his other nutrients from breastmilk.

12 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by LadySarah: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
And give him fruits.
bananas and avocadoes are always hits. kiss
bread soaked in tea. kiss
swallows are bae too with okra or whatever soup(Mine likes bitterleaf and hates sugary stuffs
mashed sweet and irish potatoes.very important. kiss

pls dont ever forcefeed him again,Its very dangerous act

5 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by LadySarah: 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:

The thing is this.... If you give him a taste of whatever we are eating, he accepts it readily and even comes for more, be it beans, semi, soup, bread, rice etc but he doesn't take enough of it for it to be a meal for him

His stomach is small so how Do you measure ehat you think is enough meal for him.
with time he will increase his meal so just remeber to mash it for easy swallowing .

you can go to newborn thread in health ssection for more info.
I use this for mashing.

3 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Gloriagee(f): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2018
Some babies prefer home cooked food. Mine did too. Try soft moi moi with crayfish n Lil pepper. Mashed potatoes with egg yolk. Very soft Rice pudding with palm oil n crayfish. Okra soup with soft swallow in tiny lumps and boneless fish. Mashed soft yam with mashed fish and palm oil

Baby still needs milk though so see if he will accept formula and or breastmilk.

Best of luck

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by matrix199(m): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
A case of Anorexia.

He's old enough to be given multivitamin syrup. It will induce appetite.

Or better still, take him to see a paediatrician.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Gkay1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
hungry nor beat am o or mayb he dey do fasting.

mayb u dey drag d breast with d pikin,

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by idu1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
grin

Feed him with breast milk only then...
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Millz404(m): 7:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
Leave am when hungry touch am hand... Na only him go enta kitchen go cook indomie

11 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by mastermaestro(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:

This doesn't answer your question though. But I would like to tell you and your wife to respect him because he is a prophet.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by kollinpowel(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
Cornido:
do you had baby milk to the pap cos my daughter take only pap if you add milk you are on ur own or try to get some baby milk that close to breast milk and add it to the pap.she should take it once she perceive the breast milk in it.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by wakaman: 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
Wean him off breast milk gradually,
A good starter to solids is good old amala and ewedu( green) it never fails.

If you don't have tribal issues please give amala and ewedu a trial.

Used it for both my sons.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... / If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? / Her Husband Ogles Other Women.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.