Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) (23796 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? / My Baby's Transformation... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by correctguy101(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

The thing is this.... If you give him a taste of whatever we are eating, he accepts it readily and even comes for more, be it beans, semo, soup, bread, rice etc but he doesn't take enough of it for it to be a meal for him

Now what are you worried about bro?.....

Please give that child anything you eat and stop forcing baby food on him.

My daughter was fed Amala by my sister when she started walking by 7months. My woman was hysterical but I hushed her cos the baby loves it.

The goal is to feed them brother. Whatever you eat and he likes it, give to him and try to make him eat more.

Also get him this drug- supa appetite , it'll make him sleep and hungry for food

Let me add that u must give him a quarter of a tablet o, break it into four places and give him one, either you melt it and mix with his favorite juice or you find a way to make him take it. Especially ask the pharmacist you get it from to tell you the best dosage. My daughter is close to six years and the last time she took it, it was still a quarter of a tablet.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by pawsofdikeje(m): 7:04am On Feb 19, 2018
You have the solution right in your palm. You said your baby eats what you guys eat like rice, beans etc. All you need to do is improve on the meal by balancing the diet. If your baby doesn't like baby food like cerelac etc like other babies of his/her age, don't force the baby.

All you need to do is balance it with breast milk.

Cornido:
Pls experienced parents in the house especially Mums, my baby is 9 months old. We just introduced him to cereals but the trouble is he refuses to eat it. We have tried Pap, that one is even worse.
I have to pin his hands and legs, while the Mum tries to force his mouth open just to get a spoonful into his mouth, that is if she can get past the teeth that he won't open. And after all these, he will not swallow, he will just spit everything out and we are back to square one. And the way he cries.........damn
We tried closing his nostrils and mouth to force him to swallow, hmmm, I will never try it again. Continuing only on breast milk is no longer an option cos it doesn't fill him anymore. Pls suggestions
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by pawsofdikeje(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2018
Stop the drug biko. Babies are meant to be active and not sleepy sleepy.

correctguy101:

Now what are you worried about bro?.....

Please give that child anything you eat and stop forcing baby food on him.

My daughter was fed Amala by my sister when she started walking by 7months. My woman was hysterical but I hushed her cos the baby loves it.

The goal is to feed them brother. Whatever you eat and he likes it, give to him and try to make him eat more.

Also get him this drug- supa appetite , it'll make him sleep and hungry for food

Let me add that u must give him a quarter of a tablet o, break it into four places and give him one, either you melt it and mix with his favorite juice or you find a way to make him take it. Especially ask the pharmacist you get it from to tell you the best dosage. My daughter is close to six years and the last time she took it, it was still a quarter of a tablet.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by correctguy101(m): 7:10am On Feb 19, 2018
pawsofdikeje:
Stop the drug biko. Babies are meant to be active and not sleepy sleepy.

It isn't regular na.

I can't let my baby sleep all the time na, especially now that she goes to school.

I just feel a child needs it only when they don't eat.

Thanks for the heads up Sha.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Pat081: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2018
Sagamite:

Yeah, mooron!

It did not kill you, it just left you brain-dead.

See grammar! grin
U re fool so far de man gt wot am trying to say d rest is ur problem so keep it up
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by iaatmguy(m): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

The thing is this.... If you give him a taste of whatever we are eating, he accepts it readily and even comes for more, be it beans, semo, soup, bread, rice etc but he doesn't take enough of it for it to be a meal for him
that is your answer
It happened to my neighbors girl. She prefers eating normal food. Guess your child is like that too. Time you switch to normal food.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 9:28am On Feb 19, 2018
EbolaParasite:

Only illiterates use curses to get their points across. It doesn't make you look smart, it simply shows how shallow you are. You mentioned that the kid will eventually eat and i corrected you. There are kids that will rather starve to death. This is a faceless forum. Throwing insults just makes you look weak. Do you actually think your insults will somehow affect me. If life is giving you problems, please see a therapist. Nobody cares about your violent insults on here.

It is not by force to post. The OP asked for advice. He doesn't need your violent insults. Heck nobody on here does. Mr know it all, keep it moving please.

You are a cretinnous fuuktard!

Were the highlighted "academic research" done in your Shalanga University? grin grin grin grin grin

Typical product of a failed education system that pull moronic opinions from their fcking arse and label it "facts". grin grin grin grin grin

Dumb fuuker! You don enter your own. It is a long time I have had the pleasure of intense intellectual humiliation of a complete cretin.

I shall suya you! grin

3 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 9:33am On Feb 19, 2018
mastermaestro:

Cretin? It seems you just learnt the word. cheesy You need a functional brain. Let me help you...

Fuuktard, you are so fcking dumb, it is shocking.

The worst problem for your dumb arse is, looking at your history, your cretinous arse think you have interesting memes. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfqSE4qimiY

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 9:36am On Feb 19, 2018
oshorstan:

Has a child frustrated you b4? that he refuses to eat when he is hungry

No!

And if that happened, are you trying to insinuate I would be dumb enough to force-feed the child?

Is that an excuse that you see as justification to force-feed a baby?
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Slaye: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2018
Blessingonyi:

So if na ur baby u go give am fried rice nd chicken with plantain? Smh. Let me help u with hypo...u need to wash ur brain.

Sorry if you can't afford it.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 9:38am On Feb 19, 2018
Pat081:
U re fool so far de man gt wot am trying to say d rest is ur problem so keep it up

Fuuk me, Lord!

See grammar! grin

Everyone, look o!

This is the brain damage you can cause your child if you force feed them! grin

Make una hear well well now o. Before you end up with this kind of cretin. grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by eodavids(m): 9:44am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:
Pls experienced parents in the house especially Mums, my baby is 9 months old. We just introduced him to cereals but the trouble is he refuses to eat it. We have tried Pap, that one is even worse.
I have to pin his hands and legs, while the Mum tries to force his mouth open just to get a spoonful into his mouth, that is if she can get past the teeth that he won't open. And after all these, he will not swallow, he will just spit everything out and we are back to square one. And the way he cries.........damn
We tried closing his nostrils and mouth to force him to swallow, hmmm, I will never try it again. Continuing only on breast milk is no longer an option cos it doesn't fill him anymore. Pls suggestions

Rush the Baby to a peadeatric section of a renowned clinic nearest to you.

Babies health issues are delicate as they aren't able to express what they suffer. Thus only an expert should be made to attend to you the infant/baby.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by mofy1(f): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2018
My daughter did same thing, walai it's so annoying and strenuous trying to force feed a baby and funny enough the breast feeding won't be enough for her. I just gather enough heart one day and wean her off breast patapata(call me names) it's no biggie but the most important thing is that mummy and baby are so happy and strong now. It's just 3weeks now and she finishes 1kg of cerealac in 4days at most 5days. She is 9month now
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by boyjo: 10:09am On Feb 19, 2018
mastermaestro:

This doesn't answer your question though. But I would like to tell you and your wife to respect him because he is a prophet.

hahahahaha...please explain o.
I want to learn when I father my child abeg grin
How you take know? grin grin
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by whodeyhere: 10:19am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

I am here to learn, this is exactly my current situation..... mine is seven month tho.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Pat081: 10:38am On Feb 19, 2018
My problem ur cross so help mi to carry it
Sagamite:

Fuuk me, Lord!

See grammar! grin

Everyone, look o!

This is the brain damage you can cause your child if you force feed them! grin

Make una hear well well now o. Before you end up with this kind of cretin. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by hikmojj(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2018
Cornido:

firstly, you guys ought to have introduced supplementary foods to him before now, he's addicted to the breast milk which was d only food he knows....keep trying...may Allah assist u guys.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by edrys(m): 11:22am On Feb 19, 2018
emmyreb:
I don't think there's problem with him coz I'm having a 3yrs+ nephew that doesn't take anything apart from garri or bread and tea even though we do force him to take the bread and tea. I think you need to force it on him stylishly or consult your doc or elderly people
I have been thinking if I am only the one in this Scenario. My Boy will be three this March and has refused to take any kinds of solid food you can name. He seldom eats bread and tea, his only meal has been soluble, we have tried all the tricks we can learn. Once he noticed any additional substance in his golden morn, he will make sure he vomits everything he has taken so far. I stopped complaining when older folks keep blaming us for introducing solid to him late at 9 months.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by MrBingo: 11:52am On Feb 19, 2018
Diamond23:
[/color] guessed it wz cuz of exclusive breastfeeding. Dnt force him, he will still eat. It's just dat after d exclusive breastfeeding dey find it hard to swallow solid food. Start by giving him infant formula prepared with only hot water or tea. Nothing z wrong wit ur child it will only take tym for him to adapt to d new food nd mind u d little he take z enoff for his stomach [color=#770077]

Ooooo God..u again..You sound like a gold diggers innnnit. Me has a Londoner can never date u all though I have moiney. .pounds sterling ! (Real talk ) angry
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Diamond23(f): 12:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
MrBingo:

Ooooo God..u again..You sound like a gold diggers innnnit. Me has a Londoner can never date u all though I have moiney. .pounds sterling ! (Real talk ) angry
[/color] grin grin grin MrBingo hw r u doing cheesy[color=#770077]
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by EbolaParasite: 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
peacettw:

Lol. Thought I was the only one who noticed the constant use of the words cretinous, cretin... He can't help himself. Those words must be used on every post. Poor child... I had thought he was just been silly with a desperate need to seek for relevance on every thread but now I am reconsidering another diagnosis. He might simply be unwell, cos that will explain his limited range and repeated use of vocabulary. Such a sad world

He is lonely. He was rejected in the real world and uses online fora to express his frustration. See how he tries to reply to every single person and curses them out? This is how they start. He probably has very few friends. Let's show him some love before he runs mad from loneliness.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by mastermaestro(m): 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
peacettw:

Lol. Thought I was the only one who noticed the constant use of the words cretinous, cretin... He can't help himself. Those words must be used on every post. Poor child... I had thought he was just been silly with a desperate need to seek for relevance on every thread but now I am reconsidering another diagnosis. He might simply be unwell, cos that will explain his limited range and repeated use of vocabulary. Such a sad world

I didn't know he had repeatedly used it on other threads. cheesy cheesy Your use of words and writing style deserve to be acknowledged. smiley Please let the unwell folk continue in his one-word fantasy. cheesy How are you today?

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by mastermaestro(m): 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
boyjo:

hahahahaha...please explain o.
I want to learn when I father my child abeg grin
How you take know? grin grin

I just know. grin grin That's how baby prophets act. grin grin
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by nwajagu: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
Pls treat him of malaria. Mosquito must have bitten him.thamks
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
peacettw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ccLwBeje0

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by boyjo: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
mastermaestro:

I just know. grin grin That's how baby prophets act. grin grin

hmm Mr Knower grin
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
mastermaestro:

I didn't know he had repeatedly used it on other threads. cheesy cheesy Your use of words and writing style deserve to be acknowledged. smiley Please let the unwell folk continue in his one-word fantasy. cheesy How are you today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-nDFpOJeU

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by peacettw: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
mastermaestro:

Hehehehe. I noticed that ignoring and talking about him in the third person riles him up big time.

Thanks dear for the compliment. I am doing just fine and you?
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by peacettw: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
EbolaParasite:

He is lonely. He was rejected in the real world and uses online fora to express his frustration. See how he tries to reply to every single person and curses them out? This is how they start. He probably has very few friends. Let's show him some love before he runs mad from loneliness.

This here is savagery in its purest form. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
EbolaParasite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A dumb product of Shalanga University that lives in shithole Nigeria is the one that is saying someone in London is frustrated? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ol'boy, dem really don swear for you. grin
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by UjuJoan2: 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
Sagamite:

You are a cretinnous fuuktard!

Were the highlighted "academic research" done in your Shalanga University? grin grin grin grin grin

Typical product of a failed education system that pull moronic opinions from their fcking arse and label it "facts". grin grin grin grin grin

Dumb fuuker! You don enter your own. It is a long time I have had the pleasure of intense intellectual humiliation of a complete cretin.

I shall suya you! grin

Jesuuuuu!!!!

Saga so you have not changed eh?

I thought we were rid of 'cretin' when you went into hibernation.

Chineke'm eh . . . Odikwa very serious!
Re: My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) by skillzbae(f): 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
Firstly u started late, u have supposed to have started putting things in her mouth since 4 months, then food in 6month's. However some kids are very selective, u will need to try till u get the one she likes. Don't force feed her, it's dangerous. Try Nigeria cerelac, potato mash, butternut squash, soft amala, rice pudding, brown rice cereal. She will definitely eat one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Name You Saved Your Mom's Phone Number With / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? / Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.