Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) (43833 Views)

Rwandan Mother Cries Out Over Her 2 Children Who Increase In Size Daily (Video) / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Fire Burnt Mother And Her Two Kids At Choba In Port Harcourt (Disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by histemple: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
Euouae:
Mother`s Love

She must have really put-in a great effort to keep that baby intact.

The baby was brought into the picture to attract pity. The baby was not burnt.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Sad for what happened to this woman.

We need expert opinion on what triggered the explosion since the gas cylinder was turned off. This will serve as a precaution for other gas users
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Dreambeat: 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
This looks like more than 50% burn.With the Nigeria health system,only God can save her
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by oyetpel(m): 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
Yet people still continue to buy these camp gas.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by ifrosh: 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
Adegokenath:
pls i urge all members of nairaland to contribute at least #500 for her treatment.if u agree click like dont agree click share

Please u can contribute it to my first bank accnt

Name:: Owonikoko segun

Accnt no: 3777694526

thank u all...
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by mimee9(f): 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
quick recovery maam, I hate anything gas,abeg give me kerosene stove
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by dingbang(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
mimee9:
quick recovery maam, I hate anything gas,abeg give me kerosene stove
lol.. Fear fear.. Kerosene do explode too.. Have you heard of kerosene explosion?
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by meezynetwork(m): 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
People should avoid over filling their cylinders cos thats like time bomb.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by RealGucci: 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
always put cylinder outside
use a hose to connect to cooker inside
avoid camp gas
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by oyetpel(m): 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
RealGucci:
avoid camp gas

Most people who use real big gas cylinders put it outside, and connect it with their gas cooker inside the kitchen.

But commoners who wants to feel among will buy camp gas and cook directly on it. This is where the problem lies.

In Nigeria we turn good things to bad, see how motorcycle have littered everywhere, now camp gas have littered everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by castrol180(m): 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
Delta state governor should take up with this responsibility instead of lavishing the state money anyhow and spending on local dry gin like Goodluck Jonathan...
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by mimee9(f): 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
dingbang:
lol.. Fear fear.. Kerosene do explode too.. Have you heard of kerosene explosion?

cheesy
dingbang:

Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by lakesider(m): 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
Dem no wear chosen jacket ni.
Useless people .
We better put our destiny into our hands
If we head government with a man because he is from out tribe , then this things we keep happening , its not evil spirit , its not God , its common sense
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by dratine(m): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2018
divinehand2003:
Jeez

What a terrible accident. May nairalanders not meet with such unfortunate incidence.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by mechanics(m): 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
So unfortunate, what really went wrong?
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by stblessing(f): 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
That's why even if I become the richest person in the universe, I would still use kerosene stove sad
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by CioAngels(f): 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lets us put our cylinders out the kitchen, to a large extent, it is safer. May His grace give you and the innocent child total healing. Amen.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Iykolysis: 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2018
staggerman:
Gas explosion occurs when a vapor cloud is formed from leakage, making gas concentration reach its lower explosive limit (LEL) and meets an ignition source.

Gas explosion also occurs when pressure increases rapidly in a container without relief... Pressure may increase due to over pressure from over filling, or from high temperatures causing lpg or lng to be converted from its liquid form to gaseous form, thus increasing over 250m times.

Thanks for the enlightenment @staggerman.

Pls also knows why a gas cylinder must be stored upright safely rather having it laid horizontally. Gas experts in the house please let's share knowledge.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by FTrebirth(m): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2018
eiya, poor baby. sad

God heal them both.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
stblessing:
That's why even if I become the richest person in the universe, I would still use kerosene stove sad

Don't ever bring kerosene stove into my house! angry angry
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by ruffDiamond: 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
pls people need a lot of orientation about cooking gas!the gas cyliy is a bomb on its own
so the first safety rule us that no room for mistake,negligence ,and carelessness! otherwise just go for kerosine!
most gas explosions are usually and chiefly caused by negligence and ignorance of safety tips and regulation!
never installed your cylinder inside your kitchen but outside, separated by a thick wall..
dazzol

1 Like

Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by oyetpel(m): 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
ruffDiamond:
pls people need a lot of orientation about cooking gas!the gas cyliy is a bomb on its own
so the first safety rule us that no room for mistake,negligence ,and carelessness! otherwise just go for kerosine!
most gas explosions are usually and chiefly caused by negligence and ignorance of safety tips and regulation!
never installed your cylinder inside your kitchen but outside, separated by a thick wall..
dazzol

These are camp gas not the one you need to install outside.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by jevic(m): 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
Speedy recovery in Jesus mighty name, Amen.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Ammy5565(f): 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
CioAngels:
Lets us put our cylinders out the kitchen, to a large extent, it is safer. May His grace give you and the innocent child total healing. Amen.

RealGucci:
avoid camp gas
CioAngels:

Please what advice do you have for someone staying upstairs. How do you keep your cylinder outside?
This is so scary quick recovery to her.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Zirah: 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

My guess is that it’s caused by a defective valve.

Which part of a cylinder is the valve?
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by ruffDiamond: 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
oyetpel:

These are camp gas not the one you need to install outside.
my friend, the safety rules still apply all cases...no room for NEGLIGENCE OR CARELESSNESS
after cooking is finished with,turn the nozzle off tightly!!! Not slightly!
leakage can occur from nozzle knob IMPROPERLY switched off..
dazzol
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
Zirah:

Which part of a cylinder is the valve?

The part that you twist on and off to control the flow of gas.

There are rubber o rings in there that must be replaced occasionally so that leaks do not occur.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
ruffDiamond:
my friend, the safety rules still apply all cases...no room for NEGLIGENCE OR CARELESSNESS
dazzol

Even if you do all that, if the valve is not seated properly becasue of a bad o ring then leaks will still occur.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ammy5565:

Please what advice do you have for someone staying upstairs. How do you keep your cylinder outside?
This is so scary quick recovery to her.

Find a way, anyway. Maybe go electric.

Keeping your gas cylinder inside your kitchen is like crossing Lekki express blindfolded. You can make it many times but it takes one incidence.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
ruffDiamond:
dazzol

I don't understand why this is so hard for Nigerians to understand.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by oyetpel(m): 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
ruffDiamond:
dazzol
How does it apply to all cases? How will u install or put your camp gas outside your kitchen?

Turning off after cooking. What of before or during cooking?

This endemic sales of camp gas need to stop in Nigeria, campingaz is a good thing, but it for camping not using full time in your kitchen, its dangerous. We abuse things in Nigeria, see how OKADA full everywhere, killing and destroyin life. Camp gas is doing the same thing now.

STOP BUYING CAMP GAS, buy a proper gas cylinder, install it outside your kitchen and connect it with your gas cooker in the kitchen, that's how sane people do things.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Ammy5565(f): 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Find a way, anyway. Maybe go electric.

Keeping your gas cylinder inside your kitchen is like crossing Lekki express blindfolded. You can make it many times but it takes one incidence.
I'll really appreciate any ideas you can give, been trying to figure out a way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help He Wants To Commit Suicide Because Of A Female Brest Growing On His Chest / US Doctors Create Head For OkikiJesu Olawuyi Born Without A Skull / Leaving The House Without A Handkerchief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.