Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) (43829 Views)

Rwandan Mother Cries Out Over Her 2 Children Who Increase In Size Daily (Video) / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Fire Burnt Mother And Her Two Kids At Choba In Port Harcourt (Disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ammy5565:

I'll really appreciate any ideas you can give, been trying to figure out a way.

Do you have a balcony?
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Akalia(m): 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2018
Adegokenath:
pls i urge all members of nairaland to contribute at least #500 for her treatment.if u agree click like dont agree click share
How do I pay my own #500?
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I don't understand why this is so hard for Nigerians to understand.

The problem is partly poverty. If you are not living in a compound by yourself, but sharing with others then you will have all sorts of issues like this. Your neighbours may steal or tap from your gas cylinder. During one fuel scarcity, one neighbourhood riff raff sneaked into my compound and stole a jerry can of petrol.

Back in campus hostels, I faced this issue as well. I planned stuff like water, ensuring I always had a bucket. But then some asshole roomate would 'borrow' without telling me, scattering my carefully laid plans.

It is what it is
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Lumie08(f): 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2018
Applying kerosene might have helped to prevent this.

Sometimes the use of little quantity of kerosene immediately after hot water or fire burns can go a long way to prevent spending so much on treatment. It requires not touching or rubbing the burns site at all, then SPRINKLING kerosene on the burns site. DO NOT TOUCH. It would be extremely hot and painful at first but fast blowing fan will help to cool and minimize the pain. In 15-20mins, the pain is gone and you are scar free

Kerosene actually helps to prevent the process of inflammation that causes swelling, peeling of skin and scarring

1 Like

Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by RealGucci: 5:53am On Feb 19, 2018
is it a flat or
if u r up..not am issue.
buy about 3 to 4ft long tjin hose
mu guy carry that cylinder and put out.
do it like split ac.
connect tje hose...to the cylinder from up to down.
itz safer that way.
if anuthing wants to blow
na outside
Ammy5565:

Please what advice do you have for someone staying upstairs. How do you keep your cylinder outside?
This is so scary quick recovery to her.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by djgroove(m): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2018
Fundraising campaign has been raised on behave of miss Anie, follow the link for your donation God bless you as you help in saving her life. http://efundyou.com/gas-burnt-bba.html DONATE AND HELP SHARE. Thank you.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by boyjo: 10:18am On Feb 19, 2018
But the baby wasn`t affected
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Ammy5565(f): 10:30am On Feb 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Do you have a balcony?
Yes but not close to the kitchen.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by Ammy5565(f): 10:33am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
is it a flat or
if u r up..not am issue.
buy about 3 to 4ft long tjin hose
mu guy carry that cylinder and put out.
do it like split ac.
connect tje hose...to the cylinder from up to down.
itz safer that way.
if anuthing wants to blow
na outside

Yes a flat. Oh so i can keep the cylinder down stairs and connect with a hose? Never knew that was possible because of the distance.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by djgroove(m): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
Akalia:
How do I pay my own #500?

http://efundyou.com/gas-burnt-bba.html follow the link
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by staggerman(m): 11:13am On Feb 21, 2018
Iykolysis:

Thanks for the enlightenment @staggerman.

Pls also knows why a gas cylinder must be stored upright safely rather having it laid horizontally. Gas experts in the house please let's share knowledge.

1. Keeping it upright is more secure.. Laying it horizontally may allow the cylinder to roll into unwanted areas and become a hazard.

2. In the event of damage to the valve in an upright and secured cylinder, the gases will be released upwards at high pressure whilst the cylinder remains in the same vertical position. If the cylinder was to be in horizontal position and the valve was suddenly damaged, the high pressure from the gas being released will force the cylinder to move backwards at very high velocity like a bullet, causing massive damage to anything along its path, including breaking walls.... Imagine releasing air from a balloon �.... Same effect.

3. The gases are stored in liquid phase (LPG) and maintained in this form by the pressure in the container and they are not filled to the brim... Some spaces are allowed for vapor cloud... When the valve is opened, the pressure drops in the cylinder allowing the lpg to be converted quickly to gas and released through the valve.
Keeping it in horizontal position may cause the liquid to maintain contact with the valve, and in some cases could cause valve freezing, or other damages to the valve.
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by jbblues24(m): 1:00am On May 31, 2019
Just beastly. tongue
Re: Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) by jbblues24(m): 1:06am On Jun 02, 2019
This idea has navigated right into my heart. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help He Wants To Commit Suicide Because Of A Female Brest Growing On His Chest / US Doctors Create Head For OkikiJesu Olawuyi Born Without A Skull / Leaving The House Without A Handkerchief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.