Stats: 3,159,484 members, 7,840,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue (22125 Views)

Governor Ortom Suspends 6 APC LG Chairmen In Benue / Gov Ortom Suspends Campaign For Buhari 2019 / Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom Withdraws From Political Activities (2) (3) (4)

Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Ngokafor(f): 8:28am On Feb 19, 2018
Castanea:

The thinking pattern of you Arewa people is funny. Here in Benue, we know how to give priority to issues. For now, resisting Fulani take over of our land is our topmost priority. When we are done chasing your people out of our territory, we will then tackle other issues. It is only a mad man that will be crying over a pot of soup when the house is on fire. We have a wise proverb which says when a fox come to devour your chickens, you first of all chase away the fox before turning your attention to the mother hen. For now, Ortom is our hero. No amount of divide-and-rule tactics like the one you are trying here will succeed. We are smarter now. Leave us to solve our problems. No fake sympathy from our killers. Bye.

You spoke well...but that dude is a yoruba man...Everything is useless politics to them now cos they do not want their son Osibanjo thrown out of aso-rock.

Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Ijaya123: 8:36am On Feb 19, 2018
Jayson1:
When Ortom was always licking the slack hairy balls of buhari, he was just like a mere ekukè dog, but since Wike paid him a visit, he's now a Lion. A brave one at that.

That's what I like about Wike and that's what I love about the PDP.

God bless Wike

God bless Ortom

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.

God bless the PDP.

Are you referring to the ex-convict?
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Castanea(m): 8:39am On Feb 19, 2018
heendrix:

omo I hear say for benue now the killing of fulani is more now but really silent. is that true? coz when I heard it I was like wow benue don dey open eyes now

Hahahaha....
Listen. I want to tell you on a very reliable note that, Fulani cannot stand Benue in a fight. They are nothing but a complete bunch of cowards. Notice that, they normally attack during mid night when people are asleep.

Another thing is that, they rely heavily on their people comrades in the military. Notice again that, wherever you see those people, they aim to control politics and military. It's for a purpose.

They can't stand and fight any tribe. And they know how to use subtle tricks to dominate other people and bring them to subjugation. Remember the cattle colony.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Castanea(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2018
Ngokafor:

You spoke well...but that dude is a yoruba man...Everything is useless politics to them now cos they do not want their son Osibanjo thrown out of aso-rock.

Hahahaha... but he said he is from Benue.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Ngokafor(f): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2018
Castanea:

Hahahaha... but he said he is from Benue.

Forget what he said..,these folks can impersonate anything to drive home their myopic points..They were busted on several ocassions claiming to be from SS via their 'We SS' chants..We know their antics here.

Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Castanea(m): 8:52am On Feb 19, 2018
Ngokafor:

Forget what he said..,these folks can impersonate anything to drive home their myopic points..They were busted on several ocassions claiming to be from SS via their 'We SS' chants..We know their antics here.

Waoh! That's good. Thanks.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by uvalued(m): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2018
Jayson1:
When Ortom was always licking the slack hairy balls of buhari, he was just like a mere ekukè dog, but since Wike paid him a visit, he's now a Lion. A brave one at that.

That's what I like about Wike and that's what I love about the PDP.

God bless Wike

God bless Ortom

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.

God bless the PDP.

Truly was a ekuke dog but now wikkied lionised... Next name ekuke lalong of plataeu

Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by ndubueze92(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2018
I have read some analytical assessments of these happenings, somehow I believe, this is connected to jihads. Benue is the corridor to the East. Though, in east here, we're short of strong willed politicians. But, whatever they're planning will never work out for them. Buhari is a tribal guy. Even in my novice political views, I always knew he wasn't the answer and so was GEJ. One a political weakling and the other a religious brute. Nigeria is cursed with bad leadership.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by ekpang4u(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2018
He is beginning to make sense and take the lives of his people seriously
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by FrancisIgya: 11:03am On Feb 19, 2018
Ortom the charlatan is again at the gallery. This munafiki is using herdsmen attack to cover his failures.Only outsiders will admire his hypocrisy after all. Let them come to Benue State and see the pains Ortom has inflicted on his people due to non payment of salaries and lack of projects.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2018
Castanea:

You are very correct. There are two things that always rattle the North. Number one is agitation for secession. Number two is the prospect of a politically united South.

Like you rightly said, the were extremely worried about the activities of NK. Hence, the crack down. They will do just anything to make sure the country is not divided. Perhaps, they know they can't survive without the South. Had it been the oil is in the North, they would have declared Arewa Republic and chase away Southerners.

On the issue of Southern unity, I am telling you reliably, a politically united South in alliance with just one of the MB States is all that is needed in checking political arrogance of the Northerners. They are always desperate in their attempts to make sure the South is not united. A quick look at their activities here on this forum will give you a good and clear picture of the desperation. They hid behind handles bearing Igbo and Yoruba usernames to sow discord among the two major tribes in the South. I am compiling such handles and will create a thread about their desperate divide-and-rule politics.

The same is exhibited by their political leaders. They have been using division to weaken the MB and suppress the MB identity. Hope you remember when the Northern Governors Forum visited Ortom and instead of commiserating with the Governor about the New Year killings, they shamelessly accused Southern leaders (who visited earlier) for trying to score political points.

The Hand Shakes Across the Niger is what is tormenting Northern politicians lately. Notice that, they never hid their feelings. Some of their leaders have openly commented on the Hand Shakes.

You can notice that, the latest press release by the Coalition of Northern Groups recently talk about the prospect of a referendum. Such is rare.

The Southern politicians just need to sustain the tempo.

All correct, especially their failure to commiserate with Gov Ortom but instead ranted about the visit by southern leaders and the issue of handshakes across the niger. Perhaps they wouldn't have visited if the southern leaders had not. The chief national mourner, Buhari did not see it fit to visit but to summon Ortom. I'm not happy Ortom honoured the summon. It was most callous and inhuman.

Concerning southern solidarity, i see it as a tall order where money rules the heart of many.

Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Castanea(m): 11:46am On Feb 19, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

All correct, especially their failure to commiserate with Gov Ortom but instead ranted about the visit by southern leaders and the issue of handshakes across the niger. Perhaps they wouldn't have visited if the southern leaders had not. The chief national mourner, Buhari did not see it fit to visit but to summon Ortom. I'm not happy Ortom honoured the summon. It was most callous and inhuman.

Concerning southern solidarity, i see it as a tall order where money rules the heart of many.

Yes. That's true. It was a bizarre visit.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by varmint: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
nobsalis:

I was enjoying his write up until I got to dat part where he said Christians are more in d north Dan Muslims....
D statement just weak me.

Cc Castanea Varmint
How will there be more Muslims in the north
Can he give a break down of which states in the north which are dominated by Christians?

Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by newbornmacho(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Metallurgist:
why don't you make 75%. you could believed whatever you want, after all how is the result of 2015 after using your religious jargon
2015 that kano used children to rig grin grin grin
When the thing set una go know... Nonsense. I loooooove what is happening right now, the jihadists can go to hell because the jihad is dead
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by ogbeniolola: 9:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
In short the whole North is predominantly christians.
Nowenuse:

Yes, those Christians who were in Sokoto state then are mostly in Kebbi & Zamfara states now.

Sokoto state currently have very few christians, but Kebbi and to an extent Zamfara have hundreds of christian communities. Especially in Kebbi state where the 2nd largest tribe there (the Zuru people) are predominantly christians.

Most core northern christians are a silenced population. It's quite unfortunate.

Just as the fulanis silenced the Hausas, they have also succeeded in silencing many other northern minorities.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by heendrix(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2018
Castanea:

Hahahaha....
Listen. I want to tell you on a very reliable note that, Fulani cannot stand Benue in a fight. They are nothing but a complete bunch of cowards. Notice that, they normally attack during mid night when people are asleep.

Another thing is that, they rely heavily on their people comrades in the military. Notice again that, wherever you see those people, they aim to control politics and military. It's for a purpose.

They can't stand and fight any tribe. And they know how to use subtle tricks to dominate other people and bring them to subjugation. Remember the cattle colony.

yeah I know all this bro.....but you still haven't answered my question
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by SouthEastFacts: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nowenuse:

We have millions of ethnic minority christians in Southern Borno, Adamawa, Niger, Southern Kebbi, Southern Yobe, Southern Gombe, Southern Bauchi, Southern Kaduna who are yet to still be rescued from the strangulating grip of Arewa & fulani domination.

All these ones have to be fully rescued first before Hausa christians in Katsina, Kano or Zaria can even be thought about.

Hausa fulani christians are the last group of people that can be helped in Nigeria. Helping them means taking the war to the oppressors or enemy's corridor.

The best thing other middlebelters can do for them is to give them lands to settle and spaces for development (where they can easily avoid discrimination, freely practice their religion and achieve their full potentials)......... This is what Jos used to be and is still is to many of them.
Every Northern Christian demands equal treatment.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by SouthEastFacts: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
emmasege:
Yes, you are right. And this has been my argument all this while. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria but the north will always want the whole nation to believe that Christians are very few among them.

I can attest to your findings in Katsina because I've been there also. I know of two local governments in Kano that are predominantly Christians also. There's hardly any state in the far north where there are no significant Christian indigenes.

This is why CAN must really be one and always speak with one voice. They like to infiltrate us so as to undermine our strength. I'm happy our Catholic brethren are back in the fold. May we truly be one as Christ prayed.
It is a known fact. Muslims are minorities in Nigeria.

Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by SouthEastFacts: 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nairalanddist:

We Yoruba Muslims will make sure there is never a United South. The north is superior because they gave us Islam. If you people think you can undermine the authority of the Sokoto caliphate, then you will see how much we Muslims are prepared to conquer this country angry
Stop dragging Yoruba muslims into your madness. They don't give a shit about your brand of islam.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by SouthEastFacts: 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
Metallurgist:
why don't you make 75%. you could believed whatever you want, after all how is the result of 2015 after using your religious jargon
2015 election wasn't along religious line. Christians are not up to 70% but are slightly above 60%. But the fact is there are more Christians to muslims in this country.
Re: 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue by Nowenuse: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Every Northern Christian demands equal treatment.

But not all can get equal treatment. Cos different peoples fathers paid different prices for their descendants.

All humans deserve equal treatment, but it can never be so.

Senator Ibrahim Gobir: Bandits Took Over Sokoto Communities, Appointed ‘Judges’ / They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole / Rivers APC Labels State Deputy Governor “Modern Judas” For Attacking Amaechi

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50