Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

WEB...Travails of a detective. - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WEB...Travails of a detective. (27199 Views)

First Middle-grade Mystery/detective Novel Series By An African Writer / THE WITNESS (A Detective Kolapo Story) / THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by codesty: 11:00pm On May 31, 2018
Op. God bless you wif more wisdom

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks jhurney.......

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Canme4u(m): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nice one bro, keep em coming

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Bluefish7(m): 10:31am On Jun 02, 2018
Jhurney ma man!!!!!! Nice one despite the delay kudos bro, how ur xams been

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
EPISODE THIRTY-EIGHT

AYO
Carlos was stripped of his clothings before been dropped in an abandoned property tinu claimed to be her father's. There was no escape for him as he was tied naked to the pillar in the sitting room of the apartment.

I placed a call to a TV station that belonged to a friend. I had decided to end everything at once, The TV station was located in lagos so we had no reason to stall our journey, we only stopped to pick them up when we got to lagos, the nature of the job was unknown to the two reporters.
Musa was made to sit in the back of the van we took to prevent anyone from recognizing him.

I used carlos phone to send a message to chief garba, i wanted to deceive him that musa was dead but on a second thought i texted him thus
"I'm coming back to lagos with musa, he said he has something to tell you, with the urgency in his voice. I think it must be important"

The only reply chief garba gave two seconds after was "okay"

The journey took less than two hours, I gave my bulletproof vest to one of the reporters while tinu gave her own to the other. Fear was expressed on their faces but i calmed them down. Everyone of us tightened the silencer on our guns and dressed up for the kill.

When we took the last turn, musa was made to sit in front while i took the wheels.
The place was not located inside a bush neither was it an underground facility, it was located in an hotel.
We had no trouble entering the main gate of the hotel but we were stopped when we got to the Gate behind the hotel, The architect that drew the plan of the house was obviously a veteran in the business, the way the two buildings was sewn into eachother and the entire anonymity of the building behind the hotel was a wonder.

"Musa, how is the day?" The gateman asked staring into my eyes directly.

"It's always bright" musa replied smiling.

"is the chief expecting you?" The man asked again, and who is this man? He added.

"he is expecting me and that man is Carlos's trusted driver" musa answered.

"where is carlos? He needs to identify the man himself" The gateman voiced out.

"he is sleeping, and i know you won't want to wake him up" musa replied with a large grin n his face.

"okay" The man muttered as he pressed a button on his wristwatch.

I accessed the compound before driving in, there was just a limousine and two bouncers with AK 4 7 rifles by the door, also there was only one gateman, who was the one we met outside which meant the gate could only be opened from where he was. Another thing was the structure of the building, it was built like a mini events hall and i deduced that it should be able to accommodate close to a thousand people.

I signaled at musa to get down and move towards the two bouncers after I parked the car beside the limousine. "get them occupied" i whispered.

"I'll take down the dark-skinned one while you take the other one out" i whispered to tinu. "and make sure you don't kill them but they must be neutralized and don't hit musa" i added.

Tinu opened the back door and stepped out, i was still on my seat. immediately the two guys noticed her and raised their guns, i shot one of them in the hand, i made sure it was the one he used in holding his gun. Tinu also did the same, before they could recover, she ran towards them and knocked them out.

We entered the building and i saw the shock of my life...
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
Continuation...

The hall was half filled with chief garba at the forefront.

"so many people in this shit" i thought to myself.

Who are you? He asked after recovering from his shock.

I scanned the windows and noticed the two reporters were already covering the scenery, oblivious to those present in the hall.

"i want in" i replied smiling.

"kill that idiot" The chief shouted.

Someone stood up and faced me. It turned out to be the SSS director, he smiled before shooting me in the chest and i fell..
"Let's get out of here" the chief said into the microphone

TINU
I placed a call to the IG and gave him the description to our location.
"You ain't going nowhere" I shouted as i entered into the hall with my team, i shot at the man with the gun before proceeding to the front of the hall. Except for few of the military men present, most of them were old men with potbelly so they gave us no problem while we awaited the squad i asked the IG of police to send.

Justice was finally served...

THREE WEEKS LATER...
JAMES

When i got outside the prison facility and saw ayo and tinu standing by my car, i thought something was amiss. But when tinu jumped on me and in excitement, i knew something good was cooking.

"Welcome back to freedom bro" Ayo squeaked with excitement.

The election was postponed... The raid exposed lots of notable people. The mass imprisonment made the police force ranking obsolete. Lots of senior and junior officers were thrown behind bars.
Chief garba was sentenced to life in prison
All companies related to D & C pharmaceuticals was closed down
Carlos was thrown in a prison in mexico, it was a life sentence while musa bagged ten years because of his cooperation.

Tinu said we once rescued carlos from death although i don't remember him.

Unfortunately for ayo who was the main man in the whole saga, The director was the only person in the plot from the State security service. He only moved a rank higher than his previous ranking while my own promotion skyrocketed although he was named a special agent and was honored as an "officer of the order of niger" OON.

I sent my mum and sister out of the country to prevent them from any form of danger since those related to the people in prison may decide to come after me. Only i knew that my family is my Achilles heel.

My mother was not eager to leave the country but tolu helped me convince her of the necessity.
Mum said a lot of things, but what kept resounding in my ears was the last statement she made on our way to the airport. "Your father will be proud wherever he is"

I got married to Tinu few months after they traveled, my mom was the happiest that day....

THE END.

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
Thankz to everyone who followed this story from A to Z...
I'm grateful,
Since the story is a short one and it's my first time.
All irregularities should please be overlooked.
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Olaiyadoam(m): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Great job bro.... Thumbs_up..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
Olaiyadoam:
Great job bro.... Thumbs_up..
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
God bless your hand work oo, u story make sense wella, more of God ooo.

Tanks a lot. U too much

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Bluefish7(m): 12:07am On Jun 08, 2018
Jhurney ma man issa great sumboree, kudos sir mur ink and inspiration #blessedup

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2018
skubido:
God bless your hand work oo, u story make sense wella, more of God ooo.

Tanks a lot. U too much
Amen, thanks bro

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 7:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Bluefish7:
Jhurney ma man issa great sumboree, kudos sir mur ink and inspiration #blessedup
Amen, Thanks

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by dimssy(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2018
Hmmm...the few good heads

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Crystalprince(m): 11:59am On Jun 09, 2018
You are really good

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by harjibolar10(m): 4:59am On Jun 10, 2018
Weldone bro, you've done a wonderful job here.

In fact, you are one of the boss, as far as I'm concern

Best of luck in your other endevours. #OneLove

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2018
harjibolar10:
Weldone bro, you've done a wonderful job here.

In fact, you are one of the boss, as far as I'm concern

Best of luck in your other endevours. #OneLove

Thanks bro
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Evold: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2018
nice ending. thank you for such a great story

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
Evold:
nice ending. thank you for such a great story
Thank you for the feedback.
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Oroolorun(m): 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Great job bro, great job.
I'm very sorry that I followed your story half heartedly. There were so much uncompleted stories on this forum that I started selected what to read.
Great job Oga, the sky is your stepping stones to greatness.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
Oroolorun:
Great job bro, great job.
I'm very sorry that I followed your story half heartedly. There were so much uncompleted stories on this forum that I started selected what to read.
Great job Oga, the sky is your stepping stones to greatness.

Thanks bro
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
Plz comma update ooooo

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by bigbauer(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
OP come and update sir.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
skubido:
Plz comma update ooooo
Update bawo?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
bigbauer:
OP come and update sir.
Hehe
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
jhurney:

Update bawo?

Ayemi, op

c me c wahala, shey uno wan drop again..

U beta comma update b4 i change my mind cuz I no dey quick vex oo
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by bigbauer(m): 8:38am On Jun 14, 2018
Since you are yet to give us a new story, the least you can do is give us an epilogue! Oya drop something grin shocked
jhurney:

Hehe
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
skubido:

Ayemi, op
c me c wahala, shey uno wan drop again..
U beta comma update b4 i change my mind cuz I no dey quick vex oo
Lol... Lobatan
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2018
bigbauer:

Since you are yet to give us a new story, the least you can do is give us an epilogue! Oya drop something grin shocked
Lol.
Anoda story starts soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Wole Soyinka With A Guitar (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.