Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment (39531 Views)

Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo For Cursing Fulani Herdsmen Over Pastor Death / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Daddy Freeze Slams RCCG 50-Day Fasting & Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by mickybeejay(m): 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
shineeye1:
I can authoritatively tell you that majority of "Men of God " have betrayed the Lord Jesus Christ in Nigeria today. That betrayal is no different from the betrayal of Judas Iscariot because it also borders on money. The cardinal doctrine Christ delivered to his believers was to live a life of Sharing as opposed to self service. True Christianity is synonymous with Sharing. What is commonplace today is a counterfeit version of Christ and Christian brotherhood.
For the inner caucus of his believers who were principal officers of his mission, he set the qualification for entry into Discipleship as Sharing of their entire life! So whenever and wherever you find a so called man of God emphasising on his personal wealth, you have seen a cunning charlatan! Such ones either don't even know the WRITTEN price of discipleship or know but intent on ripping the church to satisfy their lust. They are certainly not of Christ but of themselves and shall be so judged.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and be my disciple. 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
Can u pls name one prophet or man of God in the bible that can be termed poor
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by DrMuzungu(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
Youngzedd:
Go in there and see for yourself.

I did. For example, many people attend one of the services on Sunday in Goshen City. Yes, indeed, some look wealthy. But some are so poor that they can't afford more than N50 naira offering and then walk home for two hours because these N50 was all they had on them. Same story goes for just about every church in the area.

Let me try again, maybe this time it will reach your brain:

You go to church every sunday. Maybe even during the week. Over the past two years, Oyedepo got a new jet. How did the life of the average churgoer improve over these two years? Not much, on average. It is not like the beggar enters the service at 10, and walks out rich at 11:30. Lives of most of people do not change at all, or at least not just because they go to church.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by gunners160(m): 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
whitestar01:
you are under the footstool of these blood sucking demons of which serpent oledepo is one of them, that is your problem.
if being a fool will make me rich,I am happy to be a fool then
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by ollah2: 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
For the dummies, here is what God wants and not what thieves like Oyedepo, Adeboye et al preaches

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Hargbo(m): 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Am i the only that think this Daddy fridge is no more making sense
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Youngzedd(m): 9:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
DrMuzungu:

I did. For example, many people attend one of the services on Sunday in Goshen City. Yes, indeed, some look wealthy. But some are so poor that they can't afford more than N50 naira offering and then walk home for two hours because these N50 was all they had on them. Same story goes for just about every church in the area.

Let me try again, maybe this time it will reach your brain:

You go to church every sunday. Maybe even during the week. Over the past two years, Oyedepo got a new jet. How did the life of the average churgoer improve over these two years? Not much, on average. It is not like the beggar enters the service at 10, and walks out rich at 11:30. Lives of most of people do not change at all, or at least not just because they go to church.

He bought jet with his money while some were gift. How someone's progress is paining you I don't understand.

Listen, there's no winner who I know that engage in the church activities that is poor.

Just like in a class of 20 pupils, at the end of the term, not all will take first position, itiboribos go dey.

I am a son of a wealthy man (God) and there's no way I can listen and apply what He teaches and be poor.

Being poor is a choice. Check the lives of winners and others, you will see God's extraordinary grace upon us. Whom God have blessed, no man can curse.

Proudly Winner.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by DrMuzungu(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
Youngzedd:
He bought jet with his money while some were gift.

No doubt, his money. I didn't call him a thief. The problem is, most, if not all, of his money comes from the church. If it is not from the church directly, it is from the investment... by investing money earnt from the church. I don't expect you to get my point, of course. My problem with Oyedepo, and people like him, is not his wealth, and neither is the way he got it. My problem with them is that they pretend to be holier than Jesus, while they are not. They are just businessmen.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by oluboyo04(m): 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
dizon:
Freeze is a foolish man
how?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by semyman: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
oloriooko:
I wonder if this dude has a life of his cuz he's being controlled by this man's actions and inaction
Unfortunately the pastor does not know if this dude exists or not
see fools, sell your inheritance and give to the conmen you will regain your sense in ICU

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by oluboyo04(m): 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hargbo:
Am i the only that think this Daddy fridge is no more making sense
you are not the only one, others like you who did not understand the bible think so too.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by secretkeeper: 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
shineeye1:
I can authoritatively tell you that majority of "Men of God " have betrayed the Lord Jesus Christ in Nigeria today. That betrayal is no different from the betrayal of Judas Iscariot because it also borders on money. The cardinal doctrine Christ delivered to his believers was to live a life of Sharing as opposed to self service. True Christianity is synonymous with Sharing. What is commonplace today is a counterfeit version of Christ and Christian brotherhood.
For the inner caucus of his believers who were principal officers of his mission, he set the qualification for entry into Discipleship as Sharing of their entire life! So whenever and wherever you find a so called man of God emphasising on his personal wealth, you have seen a cunning charlatan! Such ones either don't even know the WRITTEN price of discipleship or know but intent on ripping the church to satisfy their lust. They are certainly not of Christ but of themselves and shall be so judged.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and be my disciple. 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

More wisdom. May God continue to use you to expose the evil men who deceive us in the name of Christianity. Thanks so much
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Maximus85(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
EdificationBoss:
Freeze Condemns Bishop Oyedepo For Telling His Congregation He Is ‘Worth More Than $150million’

Controversial on-air personality (OAP), Daddy Freeze, again, has attacked the General Overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, a.k.a Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, for saying, ‘He is worth more than $150million.’

Recall that, Freeze, over the weekend slammed the Bishop for saying Christians were too small to fund God’s church.

Again, the OAP has taken to his Instagram page to upload a video of the bishop when he made the comment while preaching from the pulpit.

In the video, Oyedepo told the congregation that some fellow said he is worth $150million dollars.

The bishop also said the amount was an insult to him because he was worth Philippians 4 vs 19, which says: ‘My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches and glory.’

Freeze wrote: “CARNAL ‘out of context’ quoting of the scriptures.

“A literal translation, taken directly from KJV gives a CARNAL understanding.

“Job 22 Amplified Bible [24] And place your gold in the dust, And the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks [considering it of little value]”.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/freeze-condemns-bishop-oyedepo-for.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfVl2gCn1V0/

OK, agreed that Paul said that in Ph 4:19, as powerful and righteous as Paul was... Was he worth more than $150m? Paul was never talking about material riches or glory. I wonder why these men only talk about things that are perishable. Wouldn't it be a waste of time if the end come today?
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Maximus85(m): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
urchhhhh:
daddy freeze is stupid,physical devil

The guy just explained those scriptures your papa wrongly interpreted. Sense fall on you.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Hargbo(m): 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
You dnt even know me and you are concluding already that i dnt understand the Bible... Nawa for this gullible generation
oluboyo04:
you are not the only one, others like you who did not understand the bible think so too.

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by whiteeyes: 9:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
Masama:
I'm sick and tired of Freeze and his stupidity. Can't someone just shut that old fool up once and for all
The truth is that, the olodo is bereft of creative journalistic ideas to keep his audience. so, he uses the success of others to hussle for his pocket moni....which is another form of robbery.

That is why if you shut him up now, poverty go killam!

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by oluboyo04(m): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hargbo:
You dnt even know me and you are concluding already that i dnt understand the Bible... Nawa for this gullible generation
even if you are a G O or a bishop, you knw nothing about the gospel for saying a man who supported his argument with bible ref is not making sense

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Cromagnon: 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
oloriooko:
I wonder if this dude has a life of his cuz he's being controlled by this man's actions and inaction
Unfortunately the pastor does not know if this dude exists or not
yet the pastor cannot sleep without thinking about freeze
and yeah controversy is freeze life

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Cromagnon: 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
hypnotic:
Daddy freeze is going in the footsteps of fela. Castigating systems but letting his weakness take centre stage
if you are worried about weakness you will not do much in life
nobody is perfect
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by correctguy101(m): 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Frz again

For the fact that frz listen to these men preaching. He will surly repent one day

Ftc this week will be great, more money to my account
Amen

The hypocrite isn't Christian. He'll declare his unbelief someday.

He's a modafuccking infidel angry
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Cromagnon: 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Zombie worshippers everywhere, pastors flying jets, members starving, then he said to their face am even worth more ! When a pastor said that in an advance country he surely will get visits from taxman.

na wa o
na so ppl mumu reach
abeg make i find one scam run
abi him go pay all these ''actors'' so?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by chccho(m): 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2018
michaelbiz:

no comment, next question.... no comment ...... you are indeed very much swayed by the masses to believe. but yet here I stand, rich, better and happier than ever. [b]You'll understand in heaven, but it will be too late for you to go back to earth to reverse your stupidity.[/b]

Adios, mate wink

As long as i make it to heaven why should i be bothered about coming back to earth?? U see how daddy freeze and his doctrines have frozen the small chicken sense u have?? Well till then keep choking on cow dung thats if u even make it to......
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by paxonel(m): 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
How can a man of God quote scripture out of context saying he worth more than $150 m?
Even if he worth $400 b he should be humbled not to brag that he has 1 million naira in his account, how does his bragging benefit people?
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Daddybright1986(m): 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
Where u there when this man was soaking garri and grandnut , where u there when he was fasting day and night? Now God has blessed him, you are now criticizing him

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by hypnotic(m): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
of course nobody is , but sell value that will stand for generations,
Cromagnon:
if you are worried about weakness you will not do much in life
nobody is perfect
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Cromagnon: 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
hypnotic:
of course nobody is , but sell value that will stand for generations,
freeze is trying to feed his children not generations
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by hypnotic(m): 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
wa gbayi, you took the answer out of my mouth
Cromagnon:
freeze is trying to feed his children not generations
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Cromagnon: 11:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
hypnotic:
wa gbayi, you took the answer out of my mouth
before nko
thats what journalists do
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Leonylake(m): 11:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
ZombieBuster:
Most of these pastors are called by money...

And you know them as they always talk about money and tithe.... Blessings and material things

They hardly talk about death and after life
And what will become Of their worldly possessions in a couple of years

Very true
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by cytell56: 12:39am On Feb 20, 2018
DesireBenjamin:

Dead man typing.... ode.

We shall see!!!
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:50am On Feb 20, 2018
Daddybright1986:
Where u there when this man was soaking garri and grandnut , where u there when he was fasting day and night? Now God has blessed him, you are now criticizing him

God has "blessed" him? As in God "called" him to achieve wealth and be a tycoon through the spread of the gospel and live in opulence off the generosity of the flock?

I keep hearing these claims about how people are "jealous" of the wealth of Men of God and it's frankly idiotic. I celebrate all kinds of wealthy, successful people in society - both local and international. But I have a serious problem with modern Pentecostal pastorpreneurs who have perverted the message of Christianity to promote a harmful lust for wealth. And they themselves espouse this lust even more than their congregation. Pentecostals here borrowed heavily from American televangelists (Europeans are much more hostile to profiteering pastors), but we have taken it to even greater extremes. In many civilized nations, religious organisations are accountable to their members, to charity commissions, the government etc. Nigerian churches are a free-for-all racketeering affair that promote a very dysfunctional message and create a nation of zombies whose religious devotion never seems to impact the moral fabric of our wretched cesspit of a society. A country where looters, robbers, drug peddlers, scammers etc pay tithes. grin

Any pastor that rides private jets and boasts of being worth more than $150m is a fraud quite frankly.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by FearGod47: 1:06am On Feb 20, 2018
DrMuzungu:
Self-proclaimed "bishop" worth more than $150m while people he preaches to are suffering... is not and cannot be a man of god but rather only a good businessman.

let me put it this way, for those who understand plain English:

A church attendee once praised Bishop Oyedepo and his private jet. So the bishop replied:
My son, keep paying tithes so next year I will buy bigger and better jet for myself.

Say only the things you know.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment by tundabolt(m): 4:43am On Feb 20, 2018
This Freeze guy is just looking for popularity by insulting Pastor's. I pray he doesn't freeze sooner than his time. What a misdirected 1diot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. / Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service / Adeboye Unveils ICU Centre At RCCG Headquarters In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.