Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say (4320 Views)

Hookup Didn't Start Today, Our Mothers Started It - Prophetess Jane Chukwu / Lady Gets Iphone X From Her Boyfriend Just One Month After They Started Dating / Pharmacist Refuses To Sell Condom To A Lady, Say It's Against Her Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Bhelamblog(m): 6:24am On Feb 20, 2018
Trying to take us Back to the Beginning of time, A Twitter user with the name Christiana1987 has declared the generation of Gay started from the Igbos, She said then it used to be 2 females, (Like Lesbians) and that even the British never caution or stop them..
That they welcomed babies, by allowing the female to sleep with a man..

Their names used to me Amarachi something, something, i've forgotten,.. Just Read her tweets below!

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/gay-started-from-igbos-they-started-it.html

Cc: lalasticlala

Fynestboi MissyB3

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by donstan18: 6:26am On Feb 20, 2018
Igbos did this, Igbos did that!!

Igbos started gay!

Ehe....So?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by youngreezy(m): 6:28am On Feb 20, 2018
Igbo Man Yaf Don Diz One Strong Tin...

3 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 20, 2018
Shallysgirl is this true lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by youngreezy(m): 6:33am On Feb 20, 2018
youngreezy:
Igbo Man Yaf Don Diz One Strong Tin...
She Take Pains to do a hogwash research..Wetin I Knw Be Say Na Sodom And Gomorah Start Am E Reach Evriwia.Nigeria Included.

2 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Samusu(m): 6:38am On Feb 20, 2018
Freemadness

1 Like

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:38am On Feb 20, 2018
grin

Igbos will ask for the receipts of her story grin
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by conductorL3: 6:41am On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by vladimiros: 6:47am On Feb 20, 2018
Actually the story is true

My Igbo friend who is also a historian on Igbo history told me it was called " the female husbands "

What it was , was an agreement between 2 women to live together

If they wanted a a child, the "female husband" would take a permission from the clan to have sex with a man, and when the child is born, he would bear the last name of the "female husband"

Igbo society did not have Christianity then, so nobody cared about 2 women living together and raising kids..

This practice was stopped after Christianity entered Igbo land..

You people should read up on old Nigerian ways of life...its intriguing

5 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Skepticus: 7:01am On Feb 20, 2018
The OP is dumb with this poorly worded caption and a big reflection of the bad education system here.

What is the meaning of "Igbo started gay in Nigeria"?

Anyway, I learnt about this from a female friend and it's something worthy of an academic discourse.

I just hope our religious revisionists and foolish tribal warlords on Nairaland won't storm here to derail the thread.

3 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Nutase: 7:01am On Feb 20, 2018
Stop trying to justify GAYism by lying. The two women never had sex like we experience in lesbianism today. It was more of a mother - daughter relationship.

I have done an extensive study on these cultures. It was only practiced by widows or elderly women qho had attained menopause without bearing a male offspring. The igbos placed so much value ob having a male child hence the older lady was allowed to take a wife for her husband - dead or alive-The younger ladies duty was to keep the family name alive by bearing a male child for the older lady. Sometimes the older lady even used one of her own daughters to achieve this.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 20, 2018
She's actually very dumb. Why didn't she conduct an indepth research before spewing rubbish? Those women never slept with each other but used the young ladies to bear kids for them. I think Sarah in the Bible did something like that sef.

1 Like

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 20, 2018
Skepticus:
I learnt about this from a female friend and it's something worthy of an academic discourse.

I just hope our religious revisionists and foolish tribal warlords on Nairaland won't storm here to derail the thread.
what makes you think there's no academic discourse about it? Ask d sociologists
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Israeljones(m): 7:24am On Feb 20, 2018

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:30am On Feb 20, 2018
IGBO AMAKA

They also started money rituals and kidnapping.

"Every Aba Jew MUST compulsorily visit prison on pilgrimage"

Mathma Gandhi 1748 - 1989

4 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by goldfish80(m): 8:41am On Feb 20, 2018
It was common practice to have windows or barren women "marry younger wives" for the purpose of childbearing. This was done with the intent to preserve a lineage since adoption was not popular practice in the society at the time.
However,what happens under the cover of the night between the women may or may not be sexual depending on the character of both parties.

1 Like

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by beejayphako(m): 9:09am On Feb 20, 2018
donstan18:
Igbos did this, Igbos did that!!

Igbos started gay!

Ehe....So?
cheesy e pinsh u grin
Yoruba's, from time immemorial, has been the best tribe ever culturally, intellectually and morally in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by donstan18: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2018
beejayphako:

cheesy e pinsh u grin
Yoruba's, from time immemorial, has been the best tribe ever culturally, intellectually and morally in Nigeria

Ok

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by khiaa(f): 9:33am On Feb 20, 2018
Here comes the bullshyt!!!! angry
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by eTECTIVe(m): 9:42am On Feb 20, 2018
So Bobrisky, Denrele and d one who ran abroad are an advanced specie of Igbos abi?? Why some Ppl carry Igbo mata for head like dandruff?? D original write was quoted out of context by d OP and I'm very sure he didn't even read what was written
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Herdsmen: 9:44am On Feb 20, 2018
Girl dey Yankee the form idot..

Even the think..

Olodo ...

1 Like

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by beejayphako(m): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2018
donstan18:

Ok

Go and worship your gay ancestors grin
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 20, 2018
khiaa:
Here comes the bullshyt!!!! angry
are u even a Nigerian undecidedhow did u know it's bullshit
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by donstan18: 11:41am On Feb 20, 2018
beejayphako:

Go and worship your gay ancestors grin
You mean ancestors like Bobrisky and Denrele from Yoruba?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by mazimee(m): 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
I feel irrirated when I see people display sheer level of Ignorance trying to discuss topics they don't even understand. angry angry angry angry

So much Ignorance on display.
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by beejayphako(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
donstan18:

You mean ancestors like Bobrisky and Denrele from Yoruba?

Na true grin it's cos they are half igbo

1 Like

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by FluidQueen(f): 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
To those that are lacking in cognitive maturation and probably have partial dyslexia.. What the LADY is trying to say in Nigerian English is thus:

Homosexuality in Africa has always existed.
To further buttress her point, she sited nigeria. Igbo tribes, because well, she's Igbo and is well abreast with her culture.
She succinctly gave examples where people didn't really give a fΓΊck about ones Sexuality and just went with the flow. Where they were indifferent. There wasn't any homophobia. People just learned to mind their business.

Lastly, the real Westernized thing here, the unafrican thing is HOMOPHOBIA.

1 Like

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by FluidQueen(f): 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
Skepticus:
The OP is dumb with this poorly worded caption and a big reflection of the bad education system here.

What is the meaning of "Igbo started gay in Nigeria"?

Anyway, I learnt about this from a female friend and it's something worthy of an academic discourse.

Exactly. Very misleading topic.sad

I thought it was simply a dumb, Cliche homophobic post until I actually read the Contents.

4 Likes

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by BloggersNG: 1:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by donstan18: 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2018
beejayphako:

Na true grin it's cos they are half igbo
Who de shine teeth with you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Igbo People Started Gay in Nigeria They Started it Before Colonization-Lady Say by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2018
vladimiros:
Actually the story is true

My Igbo friend who is also a historian on Igbo history told me it was called " the female husbands "

What it was , was an agreement between 2 women to live together

If they wanted a a child, the "female husband" would take a permission from the clan to have sex with a man, and when the child is born, he would bear the last name of the "female husband"

Igbo society did not have Christianity then, so nobody cared about 2 women living together and raising kids..

This practice was stopped after Christianity entered Igbo land..

You people should read up on old Nigerian ways of life...its intriguing

YES ,IT EXISTED ,but d women doesn't bleep themselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Once In A Lifetime / As A Working Class Guy, Never Make The Terrible Mistake Of Dating A Student / Peruzzi Is On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.