Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly (42641 Views)

Indian Lady Sings A Yoruba Song Perfectly During A Live TV Show (pics/video) / Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) / Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by riovesper(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
The movie was totally Epic . One word thank you MARVEL.....I dont know if u actually spend 2k to watch it in a cinema , crowded with pple for the whole 134min ,saw a car being controlled from across the world via vibranium hologram..SHIT THE RHINOS!!....nd u still say u dint enjoy the movie ...i bet you are jst looking for someone to quote u undecided
SPOILERS#U kno that scene that evryone taught T'Chilla was dead, nd his family hv to run for their dear life, cox of the conflict btw the royal blood lines...that was pure african stuff der...it felt so clean
from now on MARVEL MOVIES = CINEMA[/color][color=#000000]

1 Like

Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by gafar1972(m): 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
that was how one idiot on twitter said black panther would defeat batman
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Articul8(m): 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
budaatum:

Nothing stops you writing yourstory. Write a goodenoughstory and we'd even junk the otherstories.

Thisstory is a goodstory, for what it is.
I didn't say otherwise. It is a nice story. Only saying we shld do more to appreciate our own and nt be consume anything Western wholly

1 Like

Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Timmyspy(m): 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
gafar1972:
that was how one idiot on twitter said black panther would defeat batman
Batman go take am do gym practice. By the time batsy is done, Panther's future world be nothing but black.
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Abogwara: 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2018
Nothing spectacular
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Papadoh(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2018
doctimonyeka:
where and when can I download this movie?
fzmoviesdotnet
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by doctimonyeka(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
Papadoh:
fzmoviesdotnet
thank you
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by shumuel(m): 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
askifa1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpS0S_BiAZ8&feature=youtu.be

Black Panther has got everyone screaming right now with packed cinemas and sold out tickets, no one wants to miss any of the Wakandian action. Here are 11 times Black Panther accurately depicted our beloved Africa.

Warning Spoilers Ahead

1. Sambisa Forest

Yes, Our very own Sambisa Forest located in Bornu State, northeast Nigeria. T’Challa’s first piece of action started with his ex-girlfriend Nakia’s rescue along with Kidnapped Chibok girls in Sambisa. Yes, when Okoye, leader of the Dora Milaje stepped in, she told the girls to “tell no one of this day.” Lupita Nyong’o actually learnt to speak Hausa for certain scenes in the movie.

2. Benin Artifacts

That is Micheal B Jordan standing in front of the artifacts which include Bronze Heads of the Benin Kingdom.

3. Mgbedike

The Killmonger mask is also closely related to Igbo Mbedike mask which embodies a wilderness spirit that is aggressive, brash, powerful, and stubborn.

4. Acknowledging Ancestors

Ancestral worship was a strong theme throughout the movie. You cannot separate any tribe in Africa from their ancestors because we believe they are always watching over us.

5. Africa Inspired Costume

Lupita Nyong’o’s character Nakia dazzled us with Ankara dresses. The Masai Shuka was also prominent in the movie. You cannot help but notice Angela Basset’s character as Queen Mother Ramonda wearing Zulu Isicolo, the famous hat traditionally worn by married women in South Africa.

6. Nsidibi

Text inscribed on the walls in T’Challa’s throne room is drawn from the Nsidibi, ancient secret symbols that is indigenous to Cross River, Calabar.

7. Slave trade

Micheal B Jordan’s character N'Jadaka asks T’challa to bury him in the ocean after he was defeated because he is brave enough to realize he cannot live in bondage like Africans who opted to jump into the water after they were captured during the slave trade.

8. T’Challa’s sister’s braids

T'Challa's 16-year-old sister’s braids are just too familiar.

9. T’Challa Guinea Brocade dress

Yes we saw T’Challa in our own Guniea Brocade, you cannot help but fall in love with the design right?

10. Herbs

And how do you depict a vision of Afrofuturism without herbs? We have been taking herbs for centuries and we will continue to take herbs as long as Africa remains. T’Challa had a taste of bitter herbs four times in the movie. Well, the herbs might not be bitter at all.

11. Dora Milaje Benin women warriors

Dora Milaje reminds us of the Dahomey Amazons or Mino. These The all-female military regiment of the Kingdom of Dahomey in the present-day Republic of Benin lasted till the end of the 19th century. Mino means “our mother’s” in Fon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpS0S_BiAZ8&feature=youtu.be

Well this is nice to note, because i saw more of Kenyan culture in the movie.
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by wildkat: 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
pizzab:
who saw funke akindele in this movie?

Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by wildkat: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2018
prinsam30:
I don't even understand this black panthers there just shouting upandan.....

pls what is black panther

It's the name of a new black pant in town.
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by gafar1972(m): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2018
Timmyspy:

Batman go take am do gym practice. By the time batsy is done, Panther's future world be nothing but black.
u said it all God bless u brother
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by shumuel(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
Timmyspy:

Don't mind them, is it the Black panther that is afraid of bullets despite knowing his suit is in
immune to bullets and bombs, though i see him as the Batman of Africa, Batty boy go finish am in seconds because i dont see him brave enough and he also lacks some Tech batty boy has.
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by anudking: 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2018
KingGBsky:

I have already watched the camhd version the very next day after it was released cool
pls how did u get it?
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by KingGBsky(m): 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
anudking:
pls how did u get it?

Una will not like it. Its not clear and whoever videoed it must be high because smtimes you hear just sounds without visuals.
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by KingGBsky(m): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
gafar1972:
u said it all God bless u brother

What are you saying?
Have you watched the movie? Black panther absorbs bullets and even bombs. Omo the suit is something else. You would see where he turns a moving car sideways to avoid gun shots... Common men..
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by KingSango(m): 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Naughtytboy:
Waitin for the leaked video

hdeuropix.com Not a good copy but its up.

www.theriseofsodom..com
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Horus(m): 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

Black Panther - Official Trailer
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by ameh99: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
prinsam30:
I don't even understand this black panthers there just shouting upandan.....

pls what is black panther

Black panther.. na name of soap use for skin infection like eczema and skin rash...also know dudu Osun.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by enonche85(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Am so happy Marvel decided to center this movie around Africa.

Some white critics are already complaining of the movie having too many black cast,...now that's racism!

But they forgot the all white casts in Lord of the Rings.

1 Like

Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Horus(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by kopa777: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2018
The Lagos scene in captain America civil war where they kinda addressed a location as Lagos I actually had to watch dah scene couple of times to confam it is Lagos because they every thing right to the smallest detail . they do proper research unlike some pple dah tink dae know everything
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by prinsam30: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2018
ameh99:

Black panther.. na name of soap use for skin infection like eczema and skin rash...also know dudu Osun.. grin grin grin

pls where the hell can I get one, some rashes just dey disturb me this days
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by prinsam30: 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
wildkat:

It's the name of a new black pant in town.

pls where can I get one to buy for my girlfriend
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by wildkat: 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
prinsam30:

pls where can I get one to buy for my girlfriend

Chekcy on Wakanda.com or Dora Milaje market
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by donkaz2(m): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
friendlyadvice:
grin lol op dey talk as if e don watch am before

cinema dob is online since 16th have seen the movie twice now
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by prinsam30: 10:46pm On Feb 20, 2018
wildkat:

Chekcy on Wakanda.com or Dora Milaje market

abeg Na where the market dey Biko
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Jointhemiltons2(m): 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2018
MJBOLT:
big ups to marvel,they always do their home work unlike the other people grin
DC comics?
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by CONFAMA: 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
KingGBsky:

I have already watched the camhd version the very next day after it was released cool

pls which site did u download it from?
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by mediocre(m): 12:06am On Feb 21, 2018
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by Nowenuse: 1:54am On Feb 21, 2018
three:
Nice.

Meanwhile someone is clapping back with a quote that Chibok is a Hausa community

Please let's get our facts right

Not everytime clap back sometimes use brain

A quick visit to Wikipedia and a crosscheck of provided references show that Chibok is NOT a Hausa community

Ignorant somebody calling somebody ignorant

Chibok is not a hausa community by ethnicity and is not predominantly muslim, but that doesn't change the fact that Hausa is widely spoken and understood there.
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by jhubril(m): 3:50am On Feb 21, 2018
Africa could never have been as depicted in this movie, it's utterly impossible . Thanks in large part to the fact that it is science fiction. But there are still those who are already consumed by this make-believe as to now think that technology is the result of mere wishes ,unrealistic wishes, written on papers. Please wake up!
Re: The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly by anudking: 5:42am On Feb 21, 2018
KingGBsky:

Una will not like it. Its not clear and whoever videoed it must be high because smtimes you hear just sounds without visuals.
OK, tnks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nini & Saga Loved Up At Bbnaija Finale: Pictures & Video / Muhammad Kudu Abubakar Retires From NTA After 35 Years / BBNaija: The Moment K.Brule And Khloe Were Disqualified & Evicted From The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.