Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P (1272 Views)

Obasanjo Flogs Adebayo Molaja's Wife With Horse Whip Over Theft -SaharaReporters / Falana Sues Army, Asks Court To Stop Positive Identification Operation / Police Arrest Four Ex-president Jonathan's In-laws Over Theft Of Jewellery, Valu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by bilms(m): 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2018
Breaking: Falana sues Nigeria Bar Association over theft of President Buhari's portrait
https://mrrightsng..com.ng/2018/02/breaking-falana-sues-nigeria-bar.html

A young lawyer, Oladelemi Philip Olubakin through Barrister Femi Falana's Chambers has dragged the leadership of Nigerian Bar Association to court over theft of his intellectual properly.

According to a post made on his facebook page 2 hours ago, Oladelemi explained that he did a painting of President Muhammadu Buhari to present it to him personally during the NBA conference and was rejected and turned down that the President won't receive such present

''I was later told to keep it in the NBA building till another time only to wake up one day and see online that the painting was being presented to him by the NBA without my authoritisation, consent or knowledge as his 75th birthday present'' he said.

Oladele also shared copy of a letter written by barrister Femi Falana's chambers, Falan & Falana's Chambers demanding a return of the president's portrait to the originator.

The letter which was dated 11th January 2018 was caption ''request for return of the portraiture/artwork of President Muhammadu Buhari presented by the leadership of the Nigerian Bar Association at the state house, Aso rock, Abuja to Mr Oladele Olubakin''.

Check out the portrait and others on https://mrrightsng..com.ng/2018/02/breaking-falana-sues-nigeria-bar.html
Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by Baawaa(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
If your story is real,they must pay,I say they must pay grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kudi,Owo,Ego grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by dangermouse(m): 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
This government is so full of embarrassment.
One day one embarrassment
Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by usba: 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ole ole catch am catch am

Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by bilms(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
Baawaa:
If your story is real,they must pay,I say they must pay grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kudi,Owo,Ego grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't doubt any story you read from Mr right

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by usba: 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
[s]
dangermouse:
This government is so full of embarrassment.
One day one embarrassment
[/s]

Oga make you read instead of disgracing yourself

Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by dangermouse(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

Oga make you read instead of disgracing yourself
I read what they wrote there bro.
Why give out someone's work without getting his consent?
To think it's the NBA that made this blunder makes it even more embarrassing.
They went and presented it as if the portrait and the idea behind it is there own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by EazyMoh(m): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hmmm why is he requesting for a return, he should ask for damages they robbed him of having to meet with the President. Which could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by bilms(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
dangermouse:

I read what they wrote there bro.
Why give out someone's work without getting his consent?
To think it's the NBA that made this blunder makes it even more embarrassing.
They went and presented it as if the portrait and the idea behind it is there own.

Its even worse because, they had earlier turned down the portrait and told the owner that the president won't receive it without first informing the president.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by bilms(m): 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
EazyMoh:
Hmmm why is he requesting for a return, he should ask for damages they robbed him of having to meet with the President. Which could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Ofcourse, the return is the first step to ensure he has more legal claim to huge damage
Re: Breaking: Falana Sues Nigeria Bar Association Over Theft Of President Buhari's P by bilms(m): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
I don't understand something. I have noticed many times on nairaland, that when i post a news or event long before others do, the same story i published long ago maybe ignored, only for the mod to drag those that came after to the front page.

I really don't understand this style.

(1) (Reply)

N’assembly Members ‘harassing’ Us For Bribes To Pass Budgets—heads, Fed Agencies / US Visit: Hidden Agreement Between President Trump And President Buhari / Police Re-arrest Dino Melaye After Perfecting Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.