Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

"I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (53244 Views)

How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video) / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by arnold123: 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
An Abuja based woman has revealed how she felt about marrying an illiterate some years ago before meeting her lovely heartthrob. According to her, she fell in love with the man who had no form of degree, income or career prospects but now they are happily married and blessed with two beautiful children.

Read the post shared by Humans of Abuja on behalf of the lady.

If someone had told me 5 years ago that I was going to end up marrying an illiterate, I would have presumed they were mad. But that’s what happened. I was 23 years old, happily single, with a successful career as a banker when I fell in love with a man that didn't have any form of degree, a Man with no income or career prospects.

September that year, I was transferred to Abuja and one Sunday evening, I was sitting in a restaurant waiting for a friend, when a man sat down next to me. "Do you have the time?" he asked, he looked Smart, his clothes were nice, his hair and beard well cut and we started chatting and to my surprise he made me laugh several times with his bad English. I couldn’t help but notice that despite his bad English, he was handsome and tall. After a few minutes my friend arrive and he stood up and before I could say anything further he pointed to my table and said, "tomorrow 7pm, same table" then he walked away.

My friend and I stared at each other, unable to believe what had happened. Had a man who appeared to be an illiterate order me to come back the next day? How could he be so confident? I found myself thinking about him through out that day, there was something about him that was so intriguing that I wanted to meet him again.

Finally, the next day arrived and I was so excited, I could barely think straight at work, it was 7pm and I left to wait for him at the restaurant, I waited and waited, after 20 minutes I was about to give up when he turned up. " I didn’t think you would come, I came to check just in case" he said with a smile. I smiled back and my anger melted away.

During our time together, I realised that he was simply the funniest, happiest and most optimistic person I had ever met. He had a lust for life that was both mesmerising and contagious. I had never met anyone like him before. I encouraged him to go back to school but he refused.

I helped him with his English and helped correct him whenever he spoke an incorrect one. He's currently very good in both spoken and written English and doing very well business wise. We got married 3 years ago and God has blessed us with 2 beautiful kids so far.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/lady-who-married-an-illiterate-five-years-ago-in-abuja-narrates-her-ordeal.html
you didn't need to call him an illiterate, sounds somehow at least try and cover your husband up a little bit, public disgrace is not a good feeling at all, what if he sees this?, how do u expect him to feel?
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by CeeKay17: 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
In Nigeria, if you don't go to school it means you're an illiterate? An illiterate is used to describe someone that cannot read nor write, not someone who didn't go to school. Nigerians should learn to understand the meaning of words before using them

1 Like

Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by macof(m): 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
An Abuja based woman has revealed how she felt about marrying an illiterate some years ago before meeting her lovely heartthrob. According to her, she fell in love with the man who had no form of degree, income or career prospects but now they are happily married and blessed with two beautiful children.

If someone had told me 5 years ago that I was going to end up marrying an illiterate, I would have presumed they were mad. But that’s what happened. I was 23 years old, happily single, with a successful career as a banker when I fell in love with a man that didn't have any form of degree, a Man with no income or career prospects.

September that year, I was transferred to Abuja and one Sunday evening, I was sitting in a restaurant waiting for a friend, when a man sat down next to me. "Do you have the time?" he asked, he looked Smart, his clothes were nice, his hair and beard well cut and we started chatting and to my surprise he made me laugh several times with his bad English. I couldn’t help but notice that despite his bad English, he was handsome and tall. After a few minutes my friend arrive and he stood up and before I could say anything further he pointed to my table and said, "tomorrow 7pm, same table" then he walked away.

My friend and I stared at each other, unable to believe what had happened. Had a man who appeared to be an illiterate order me to come back the next day? How could he be so confident? I found myself thinking about him through out that day, there was something about him that was so intriguing that I wanted to meet him again.

Finally, the next day arrived and I was so excited, I could barely think straight at work, it was 7pm and I left to wait for him at the restaurant, I waited and waited, after 20 minutes I was about to give up when he turned up. " I didn’t think you would come, I came to check just in case" he said with a smile. I smiled back and my anger melted away.

During our time together, I realised that he was simply the funniest, happiest and most optimistic person I had ever met. He had a lust for life that was both mesmerising and contagious. I had never met anyone like him before. I encouraged him to go back to school but he refused.

I helped him with his English and helped correct him whenever he spoke an incorrect one. He's currently very good in both spoken and written English and doing very well business wise. We got married 3 years ago and God has blessed us with 2 beautiful kids so far.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/lady-who-married-an-illiterate-five-years-ago-in-abuja-narrates-her-ordeal.html

Fake story.
Here is where you copied it from

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-5330933/Real-lives-fell-love-homeless-man.html.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
with that body ,you want me to believe you are 26 now abi
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by cooltola(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
Buhari is an illiterate
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
AntiBrutus:
I don't like her use of the word illiterate, but I believe she meant no harm. I also don't think he is/was an illiterate.

Now she is talking. Some men have their whole ego and self worth tied to money, they refuse to develop other aspects of their life. This man here wasn't rich, but he was confident with an enticing persona. The lady on her part knew money and big grammar isn't all that makes a man.

No woman is doing any man a favour by dating him when he is 'broke'. Be rest assured there is something of value than money in him. So, keep your head high and quit whining... angry

I wish them more blissful years and hope others can learn from their story. Sometimes we don't see our dream partner in ready-made, we have to make adjustments and tweak to taste.
chei so sad
she stole this story
was actually a british homeless guy on a park bench
i guess anything for the likes
real story below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEYuNKVW0Ns
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
A lesson for the single lady out there that are looking for 100% complete man.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by delzbaba(m): 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
my sister,e be like say na jazz dem use for u oh.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by BiggyBamBam: 11:38pm On Feb 20, 2018
I hope she did not copy this story line. Some Nigerians could be funny twisting stories to satisfy themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEYuNKVW0Ns
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by igwejay67: 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2018
Chai is this not the same story i read on daily mail last week, naija i hail una copy copy for likes
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Konze70: 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
This story is more of fiction
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:

Hope the single ladies out there are reading this piece. Some of them are still single not because they are not beautiful, but because they are too selective. I have seen ladies in their mid-thirties who are well positioned but are still single. I met a lady recently who works in a leading airline company in Nigeria. After she gave me my flight ticket, she told me in case I wish to reschedule my return flight , I should let her know in advance because I told her I might leave the following day for lagos in case I was able to finish what I came to do on time as I might reschedule. I asked for her number so I could call her to reschedule and she wrote it on a piece of paper which she gave me, as Miss XYZ. I was amazed. She should be in her early 40s. What matters in marriage is a happy home. What's the essence of marrying a graduate or educated man/woman when the house will be boiling everyday and they'd be throwing grammar at each other and the kids would stay aside, folding their arms as they watch the display of drama? Hardly would you see a female graduate get married to a mechanic. My elder brother was a mechanic when he met his wife, who was a graduate of international relations. Before she graduated, she drove to a mechanic workshop sometime in 1998 where their driver always took their vehicles for repairs and fell in love with him at first sight. She would always go to the workshop even when their vehicles were in good shape, just to sit there and be gisting with my bro. She encouraged my brother to go back to school . She actually obtained GCE and Jamb forms for him. Fortunately, he passed both exams and was admitted into UI to study an engineering course. In short, my brother married this lady and her parents were so happy because they said each time they came with the driver to their workshop, he would go get them water with his own money even when his boss did not send him to do so. The lady happens to be their only child. They are both successful now and blessed with kids.

1 Like

Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Ibime(m): 12:17am On Feb 21, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:

Desperate blogger. You are a liar and plagiariser. You plagiarised this story from the below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-5330933/Real-lives-fell-love-homeless-man.html

If someone had told me 12 years ago that I was going to end up marrying a homeless alcoholic, I would have presumed they were mad. But that’s what happened. I was 30 years old, happily single, with a successful career as a writer, when I fell in love with a man who lived in a bush. A man with no income. Or career prospects. Or shoes.

One Sunday evening, I was sitting on a bench on Leidseplein, a busy square in the city centre, waiting for a friend, when a man sat down next to me.

‘Do you have the time?’ he asked.

We started chatting and, to my surprise, he made me laugh several times. I couldn’t help but notice that, despite his appearance, he was handsome, tall and had the biggest brown eyes I had ever seen.

Ten minutes later my friend arrived. ‘I have to go,’ I said, a bit reluctantly. Before I could say anything further he stood up, pointed to the bench and said, ‘Saturday, three o’clock, same bench.’ Then he walked away.

2 Likes

Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Macdav(m): 1:32am On Feb 21, 2018
Newboss:
Science students! angry
That guy is the real science student! angry
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Alejoas(m): 2:50am On Feb 21, 2018
She could see farther than the surface coatings grin

Nothing but your happiness should drive your choice!

1 Like

Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by tapperguy: 3:42am On Feb 21, 2018
I have my my doubts about this story.it sounds like the lady edited (to naija version) this story on daily mail (see the link below) cos the story seem a bit similar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-5330933/Real-lives-fell-love-homeless-man.html

I do not have the hard facts to dispute her claim but read the above link and decide for your self.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by t00dugged(f): 4:20am On Feb 21, 2018
madridguy:
Meet me at ojota park tomorrow evening, 7 pm. I will be waiting.

to do what ?
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 5:08am On Feb 21, 2018
Illiterate by whose standard, the white man or the African man.

Suppose a man can read and write very fluently in Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, is he still an illiterate?

Africa has been messed up the white man - sad
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by bonna4u(m): 5:23am On Feb 21, 2018
Pronunciation
IPA: /ɪˈlɪtəɹət/

Etymology ▲ hide
Recorded in English since 1556, from Latin illitteratus ("unlearned, ignorant"wink, itself from in- ("un-"wink + litteratus ("furnished with letters"wink (from littera ("letter, character"wink).

Adjective
Unable to read and write.
Having less than an expected standard of familiarity with language and literature, or having little formal education.
Not conforming to prescribed standards of speech or writing.

Synonyms
ignorant
unlettered

I feel it is a disservice to call that man an illiterate as he is nothing like the above description.
He doesn't have a degree and his english is not that polished. That's all.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 21, 2018
where is the mans pix, if you re ashamed to show him off, you re just lying, you only wanted a teddy bear in the house not a husband, all these olosho bankers that fuckedd their way to the top and are now desperate to have anything in trousers by their side. rubbish
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by PointZerom: 5:48am On Feb 21, 2018
madridguy:
Meet me at ojota park tomorrow evening, 7 pm. I will be waiting.

Now you're talking.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by madridguy(m): 6:11am On Feb 21, 2018
Will like to see you.

t00dugged:
to do what ?
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by edi287: 6:14am On Feb 21, 2018
Junk naija bloggers posting plagiarized/fake shit as usual. For their mind, they're "creative"
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by spencekat(m): 6:29am On Feb 21, 2018
EternalTruth:
Desperate old woman
23yrs then, old?
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by t00dugged(f): 6:35am On Feb 21, 2018
madridguy:
Will like to see you.

Hahahahaha, what's is even funny is that most people on this forum just assume everyone is a lagosian, oga have a nice day
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by madridguy(m): 6:41am On Feb 21, 2018
Lol, well, I knew you're not a Lagosian or base here just wanna use a line from the main story. So where are you and how can we see?

t00dugged:
Hahahahaha, what's is even funny is that most people on this forum just assume everyone is a lagosian, oga have a nice day
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by HoodBillionaire: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2018
she was a desperate bich
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by hedonistic: 7:20am On Feb 21, 2018
This story is fake, or extremely garnished.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by dammmy(m): 7:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Oga livy comes to mind...husbands of lagos grin
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by jashar(f): 8:02am On Feb 21, 2018
iamclime:

Same questions running on my mind. It's very hard to see someone who is totally illiterate. Not being able to read or write English does not make one completely illiterate, it only means one is illiterate in ENGLISH. The person may be able to speak, read and write OTHER languages! The same way Nigerians say mechanics, bricklayers, etc are not EDUCATED. And I ask, is formal education the only type of EDUCATION?

Apt reasoning..
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 21, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:

Stupid ignorant woman #WorWorZelda Once someone goes to a secondary school he or she is no longer need to waste for years in the ashawo theory non practical universities especially in Nigeria. Where is the job sef with all the degrees around. Better to make it and continue to university of you want to. University doesn't really teach you anything only life. The teach you google, self learning, twitter, crafts, Alabukun, Komix, how to talk without calling your husband illiterate etc? Grow up, secondary school is the main the main level, anyone else after na posing.

Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Ellabae(f): 8:46am On Feb 21, 2018
Love is beautiful. Am so emotional right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians, We’ve Got A Sexuality Problem / I Think My Husband Scammed Me /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.