Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

"I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (53241 Views)

How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video) / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 21, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
An Abuja based woman has revealed how she felt about marrying an illiterate some years ago before meeting her lovely heartthrob. According to her, she fell in love with the man who had no form of degree, income or career prospects but now they are happily married and blessed with two beautiful children.

Read the post shared by Humans of Abuja on behalf of the lady.

If someone had told me 5 years ago that I was going to end up marrying an illiterate, I would have presumed they were mad. But that’s what happened. I was 23 years old, happily single, with a successful career as a banker when I fell in love with a man that didn't have any form of degree, a Man with no income or career prospects.

September that year, I was transferred to Abuja and one Sunday evening, I was sitting in a restaurant waiting for a friend, when a man sat down next to me. "Do you have the time?" he asked, he looked Smart, his clothes were nice, his hair and beard well cut and we started chatting and to my surprise he made me laugh several times with his bad English. I couldn’t help but notice that despite his bad English, he was handsome and tall. After a few minutes my friend arrive and he stood up and before I could say anything further he pointed to my table and said, "tomorrow 7pm, same table" then he walked away.

My friend and I stared at each other, unable to believe what had happened. Had a man who appeared to be an illiterate order me to come back the next day? How could he be so confident? I found myself thinking about him through out that day, there was something about him that was so intriguing that I wanted to meet him again.

Finally, the next day arrived and I was so excited, I could barely think straight at work, it was 7pm and I left to wait for him at the restaurant, I waited and waited, after 20 minutes I was about to give up when he turned up. " I didn’t think you would come, I came to check just in case" he said with a smile. I smiled back and my anger melted away.

During our time together, I realised that he was simply the funniest, happiest and most optimistic person I had ever met. He had a lust for life that was both mesmerising and contagious. I had never met anyone like him before. I encouraged him to go back to school but he refused.

I helped him with his English and helped correct him whenever he spoke an incorrect one. He's currently very good in both spoken and written English and doing very well business wise. We got married 3 years ago and God has blessed us with 2 beautiful kids so far.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/lady-who-married-an-illiterate-five-years-ago-in-abuja-narrates-her-ordeal.html

Does the woman n the OP know what an illiterate is??grin??
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 9:14am On Feb 21, 2018
kudoos to u,
Babe u made ur Man. . . cool Not like some stupid ladies Lookin for already made men
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Kingbusssy(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2018
AntiBrutus:
I don't like her use of the word illiterate, but I believe she meant no harm. I also don't think he is/was an illiterate.

Now she is talking. Some men have their whole ego and self worth tied to money, they refuse to develop other aspects of their life. This man here wasn't rich, but he was confident with an enticing persona. The lady on her part knew money and big grammar isn't all that makes a man.

No woman is doing any man a favour by dating him when he is 'broke'. Be rest assured there is something of value than money in him. So, keep your head high and quit whining... angry

I wish them more blissful years and hope others can learn from their story. Sometimes we don't see our dream partner in ready-made, we have to make adjustments and tweak to taste.

You've said it all bro
Kudos to you
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by mikejj(m): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2018
grin
Annibel:
3years ago?? OLD story na ...she already have 3kids self... Abi two...

Are we joking here? let's be serious please....
grin same table.same time.u won't coman be liking me naw o.so that in the next 3yrz we shall live happily
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by obentenyson(m): 11:06am On Feb 21, 2018
Lol.. This lady no sabi anything... Person wey u no know, point to a particular place and said you should meet there tomorrow, you no know sey him don use jazz for you... they na smart science boy.... Better go baff near river jordan to clear that juju wey dey ur head...
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by deebrownneymar: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2018
Inspiring
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
greiboy:
I get you , but one's character will always shine throw

People can always tell the difference btw a humble lady having a bad day from a rude egotisc lady.

An egotisc lady will be rude with words and will have a snobbish attitude, while a humble lady having a bad might be rude with words but will still be tolerant

I still maintain that you quite different though, you were one of my first few female friends on nairaland.

You didn't act all rude and snobbish then, even though you were quite popular.

Friends ke? I thought we were always attacking each other.
I was only discerning enough to know the counters didn't come from a place of hate. So, I didn't take them to heart. Maybe, that's why I didn't get all rude and snobbish...coupled with your approach.

True talk @ highlighted. I can actually tell the difference.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
AntiBrutus:

I was only discerning enough to know the counters didn't come from a place of hate. So, I didn't take them to heart. Maybe, that's why I didn't get all rude and snobbish...coupled with your approach.

True talk @ highlighted. I can actually tell the difference.
Sure we attack each other, but we always stayed on the topic of discussion, we rarely throw personal insults.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by papie123: 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2018
haba this story was stolen now. it was originally about some white chick marrying some homeless guy. it was copied verbatim.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
AntiBrutus:

cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Some dudes haven't left kindergarten style toasting if you know I mean.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by t00dugged(f): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
madridguy:
Lol, well, I knew you're not a Lagosian or base here just wanna use a line from the main story. So where are you and how can we see?

so you don leave politics section ,Hahahahah, Oya come to Benin city
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by EternalTruth: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
spencekat:
23yrs then, old?
that old cargo there resembles 23? Mehn she shouldn't be less than 43
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by madridguy(m): 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
I say make I hide here small ni, the heat for politics section too much tongue
Wish I sabi you around December I would have see you naa. Don't know when next will come Benin

t00dugged:
so you don leave politics section ,Hahahahah, Oya come to Benin city
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
Still calling him illiterate tells you are not happy.all I see here is a lady Living in denial.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by t00dugged(f): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
madridguy:
I say make I hide here small ni, the heat for politics section too much tongue
Wish I sabi you around December I would have see you naa. Don't know when next will come Benin

no p
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Annibel(f): 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
mikejj:
grin grin same table.same time.u won't coman be liking me naw o.so that in the next 3yrz we shall live happily

I've already liked you and add jara
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Annibel(f): 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
Anijay1212:
Hello dear, was passing by saw you and decided to say hi. How do you do. smiley
I'm doing fine dearie... you?? GoodEvening
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by mikejj(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
grin
Annibel:

I've already liked you and add jara
grin Godt she added jara.its wo ok coman be teaching me english.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Anijay1212(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
Annibel:

I'm doing fine dearie... you?? GoodEvening
I'm doing great my beautiful lady thanks and a great evening to you too.
Re: "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
You speak of "bad English" yet your write up is rife with terrible grammar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians, We’ve Got A Sexuality Problem / / I Think My Husband Scammed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.