Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert (199978 Views)

Plase Anyone Working At Tek-expert Contact Me ASAP / I Got An Invitation For An Interview At Tek-expert Need Help If Its Worth It / Invitation For Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by charles009(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2018
igwemesh:
hello all..

I was called by Tek expert(jobberman) about 2weeks ago to discuss an offer..and what i was told just came to me as a surprise..
i am very sure Jobberman has a thing in the recruitment cos i dnt want to believe those guyz came to Naija just to enslave us in our own country..
So because that know Naija for man power doesnt mean you have to come here and use us like a slave ..

the guy started by saying i have been offered a job role."billing and blablabla" , that i will be working from 7am-10pm monday to sunday..that i have a 10days annual leave , 3days sick leave and anoda 3days leave ..that i will be paid 13th month ..all i said was ok..he said resumption is April 9 or so..and finally said they are offering me 100k salary..
with my age , marital status and Experience..lmao��� i am single dou
i laughed hard because i saw that as a slap on my face. and this country cos what i earn now is far far far above that..infact the salary i told them at the interview was even far far more than that..

. i took my time to research Tek expert ..and found out that the lowest salary they earn in d US is 20000$ (glassdor) which is 7300000 per annum in naija currency..i even asked the Costarican guy that interviewed me that what hour do they work..he said he works for 8am -3pm monday to friday and atyms 3hrs on saturday..

When we are not robot..why will they want a human being to work 7-10pm monday to sunday..pure wickedness..

The guy that called was even rude..cos i told him you dont call someone on a phone to discuss an offer ..that he should do me an official mail and let me think about the offer ..next think he said was i dnt havr time for all those that i should say yes or no to yhe offer..
which i Gladly, Gbadunly, Enjoymently, Happily, Beautifuly, And diligently declined..

firstly congratulations as you gbadunly declined the offer, There is a famous saying that when you hire baboons to work for you, you will get the result of hiring a baboon.

The issues with salary variations, to an extent, depends on your bargaining power(state of mind). Since you were already gainfully employed, you had the presence of mind to broker a more favorable deal for yourself, some folks dont have this priviledge remember and will accept willingly any offer. how can someone work 7am-10pm. Holy jesus!

I like it when people like you stand up and demand things be done rightly. Nonetheless goodluck in your endeavour and may God smile upon you always.

6 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by justice2017: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2018
ght95:
honestly mehn the salary structure was just disappointing. All those here saying after probation it will get better and all you guys should read the reviews on glass door. Literally everyone was complaining about the salary. Even if jobberman came into play it's a multi national company and should have standards as such. Me I was offered 80k for billing of which tax and others will still be deducted.. I happily turned it now. people should not just settle for less out of desperation. In the long run they would just over work u and out of frustration u might even want to quit. 80k for such demanding hours smh
Well said, I admire your courage.

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
charles009:

firstly congratulations as you gbadunly declined the offer, There is a famous saying that when you hire baboons to work for you, you will get the result of hiring a baboon.

The issues with salary variations, to an extent, depends on your bargaining power(state of mind). Since you were already gainfully employed, you had the presence of mind to broker a more favorable deal for yourself, some folks dont have this priviledge remember and will accept willingly any offer. how can someone work 7am-10pm. Holy jesus!

I like it when people like you stand up and demand things be done rightly. Nonetheless goodluck in your endeavour and may God smile upon you always.

The official open hours are from 7am-10pm but every employee works for 9 hours everyday for 5 days consecutively and takes the next 2 days off just like any normal 8-5 job. The only difference is that your off days may not fall on weekends.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by tokuns(m): 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
Check ur mail guys.....
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
tokuns:
Check ur mail guys.....
Contract letter or link?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by tokuns(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:

Contract letter or link?

Letter....are you expecting the link?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Sleekydee(m): 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
Got my letter today...

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
tokuns:

Letter....are you expecting the link?
Yea
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by kingofabia: 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:

Yea

Have you gotten the link for a background check?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
kingofabia:

Have you gotten the link for a background check?
No, expecting it

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by jedidiah22(m): 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
I am walking in to that office to tell them reasons they need to hire me on Monday. No invite no application. Just myself and my cv

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by chijen(f): 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Has anyone been invited for the billing and customer service position?

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by tokuns(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
jedidiah22:
I am walking in to that office to tell them reasons they need to hire me on Monday. No invite no application. Just myself and my cv

Best of luck with that.....if you have got the balls, gooooooo........and I believe something will click.. wink wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Onyi6060: 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by dollarpo7(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
"5 WORK HOURS
5.1 The normal business week of the Employer is Sunday – Saturday, from 7.00 am – 10.00 pm (“the Business Week”). The Employee will be required to
work forty (40) hours per Business Week at nine (9) hours a day, (including a one (1) hour break for lunch)."

Can someone explain this cos 9 hours X 5 = 45 hours
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Sleekydee(m): 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
Pple get it wrong, it's a shift job, 40 hours weekly, 7-4, and 1pm - 10pm, that's my understanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ginkus(m): 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
dollarpo7:

Can someone explain this cos 9 hours X 5 = 45 hours
There is one hour break. So it's actually 8 X 5 = 40
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Abahjay: 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
My friend and I from same company in same unit and job function got the tek experts offer. We currently earn 120k monthly. He got 2.6m gross annual pay with 13th month and I got 1.56m. Why cus he schooled in the US and I they think is a "bloody graduate" (2.1 of elect elect from the prestigious ABU Zaria). My homeboy was off course happy with the fantastic offer but was furious at the injustice done me.
I on the other hand accepted the offer cus of the prospects I envisaged but I was left perplexed and honestly don't think I can give in my 1000% like my friend would do. Also, a lady from another ms partner company like ours got 180k monthly cus she bagged an IT degree in England.

Now to all y'all saying the salaries will be improved after probation, oyo is ur name...they sent u a one year contract which u signed and delivered and u RE there hoping for a promotion after six months. You either deal with it or get the f**k outta there..no offence tho. So you think they will review ur own after probation and leave those who got 200k abi. How do u tink they will feel...this people has F**ed up big time from the beginning so let's just add values and develop ourselves thru them and look onto entrepreneurship sooner. PEACE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Abahjay:
My friend and I from same company in same unit and job function got the tek experts offer. We currently earn 120k monthly. He got 2.6m gross annual pay with 13th month and I got 1.56m. Why cus he schooled in the US and I they think is a "bloody graduate" (2.1 of elect elect from the prestigious ABU Zaria). My homeboy was off course happy with the fantastic offer but was furious at the injustice done me.
I on the other hand accepted the offer cus of the prospects I envisaged but I was left perplexed and honestly don't think I can give in my 1000% like my friend would do. Also, a lady from another ms partner company like ours got 180k monthly cus she bagged an IT degree in England.

Now to all y'all saying the salaries will be improved after probation, oyo is ur name...they sent u a one year contract which u signed and delivered and u RE there hoping for a promotion after six months. You either deal with it or get the f**k outta there..no offence tho. So you think they will review ur own after probation and leave those who got 200k abi. How do u tink they will feel...this people has F**ed up big time from the beginning so let's just add values and develop ourselves thru them and look onto entrepreneurship sooner. PEACE

How you came up with that conclusion @bold is what baffles me...

Keep assuming

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Abahjay: 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:

How you came up with that conclusion @bold is what baffles me...

I didn't school outside the country and my pay is just about that amount...

Keep assuming

Oga I didn't say for sure that's what it is...I only said I think.
Don't help me to conclude abeg. And congratulation with ur good pay I guess u deserve it. I only shared my thoughts, no one knows for sure why they did that.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
Abahjay:

Oga I didn't say for sure that's what it is...I only said I think.
Don't help me to conclude abeg. And congratulation with ur good pay I guess u deserve it. I only shared my thoughts, no one knows for sure why they did that.

Your post didn't seem like it was just a thought... thanks anyways.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ginkus(m): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Abahjay:

it was said they used Degree, Related Experience, Performance in the assessment and interview. You said you have related experience, what if they performed better than you in the assessment and interview?
And where did they write that it's a one year contract?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by kingofabia: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Seems it only the TSE GUYS that got good offers. The Billing guys are just on a fixed pay. even with over 5 years work experience, most of my friends were offered outrageous pay and it was sharply declined.
I am kinda confused sha
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Abahjay: 11:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
ginkus:

it was said they used Degree, Related Experience, Performance in the assessment and interview. You said you have related experience, what if they performed better than you in the assessment and interview?
And where did they write that it's a one year contract?

Assessmets and interviews have benchmarks don't they? They even told us their pass mark. if u meet their point u are in and vice versa.
I did my internship with Total E&P altleast I have an idea how multinational operates. This is way too different and confusing.
Tho it's a fantastic prospect I must confess.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by chigo4404(m): 11:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
Abahjay:

Some good point here. Were you and that your friend offered TSE??
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by damibravo(m): 1:26am On Mar 17, 2018
So we have more people that rejected the offer given...

When I thought the offer was given based on work experience... So we can't even conclude on this...

Alot of people that accepted the lower offer would have done so out of no option...
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by chijen(f): 8:18am On Mar 17, 2018
@kingofabia, the billing you are talking about, is it for the billing and customer service representatives?
Has anyone been called for the position Of a customer care representatives?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by kingofabia: 9:09am On Mar 17, 2018
chijen:
@kingofabia, the billing you are talking about, is it for the billing and customer service representatives?

Most of my friends were called but they turned down the offer. Less than what they expected

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Abahjay: 9:58am On Mar 17, 2018
chigo4404:

Some good point here. Were you and that your friend offered TSE??

Yeah TSE
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Onyi6060: 10:44am On Mar 17, 2018
chijen:
When did u apply @ chijen?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by chijen(f): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
I applied last week which was when I saw the vacancy.
What is the pay for the billing/customer service rep?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (57) (Reply)

(SSS) State Security Service Finally Has Called! / Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Online Registration Process For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.