Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Is The North Fair To The Southern Nigeria...? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The North Fair To The Southern Nigeria...? (440 Views)

Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria / Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes / Senators Grill Ali Ndume, Ask Him If He Has Been Fair To Dino Melaye & Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The North Fair To The Southern Nigeria...? by Stingman: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2018
Isn't it time for the north to have are rethink...on how they want Nigeria to move...?

They have been feeding from the south since 1914...and yet they want the to winner to take it all..

Re: Is The North Fair To The Southern Nigeria...? by blackfase(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
.May d devil punish Harcourt and Lugard in d hell they are in right now....
Re: Is The North Fair To The Southern Nigeria...? by ItsTutsi(m): 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
there is no such thing as fair and square in politics! we are in reality,not sort of a game or movie where the good person always wins at the end

politics is all about an agenda that suites the governing elites in majority,it's all about winner takes it all..just like how the north can't blame the south's advantage in education and petroleum resources,the south too can't blame the north in mastering the art of politics and dictating base on how it suites them

it's just like in a reality show,whereby every individual is trying to outsmart the other in order to win..there is nothing like bad and good politics,everyone is serving his/their interest

the likes of America,UK, France etc didn't get to where they are by playing fair politics...there is absolutely no country in this world that play politics fairly!

if this world was fair in general,then we wouldn't have the poor,illiterates,poverty etc

and you should also know that the world fair is "subjective"..what is fair to the south might not be fair to the north,it's all about strategy!
Re: Is The North Fair To The Southern Nigeria...? by blazhykowskyi(m): 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
I am a southerner but yet to understand what you guys mean by being unfair to the South.

Apart from the fact the north has ruled Nigeria through the military which they had the advantage, and the fact that igbos opened their eyes to the trick of grabbing power through military coup, I see no advantage the north has over the south in a democratic setting.

Since 1999, the north has only led for 5 years and we are complaining like bad losers. No one talked about restructuring or biafra when Gej and Obasanjo were presidents. We should wait to allow them serve their term and hand over power in 2023 and make the best use of it to suit our agenda. Stop behaving like losers.

Your leaders are your problems, not north. Why did the southern senators support the passage of NEDB?

They should learn to make deals. It should be quid pro quo. You rub my back, I rub yours.

Let's make our leaders accountable instead of making excuse for them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Child Voters: There's Nothing INEC Can Do - Shehu Sani / New Pedestrian Bridge In Florida Collapses, Killing Scores & Injuring Many - Pic / ''no Man Born Of A Woman Can Stop Me From Becoming Governor'' Eze Madumere Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.