Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,022 members, 7,849,116 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:48 PM

Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition (599 Views)

'El-Rufai Is Tyrannical': Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi / El-Rufai Curses Senators Shehu Sani, Hunkuyi, La’ah For Opposing $350M Loan / Senator Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi Escapes Assassination At APC Meeting In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition by zakim(m): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
Another property belonging to Senator Suleiman Uthman Hunkuyi located at 18a Inuwa Wada Road, Ungwan Rimi, Kaduna has been slammed with a N30 million fine for not paying ground rent for 24 years.

The Kaduna Geographical Information Service (KADGIS) sent the bill to the personal residence of the senator informing him of the accumulated bill since 1995 and asked him to pay the 24 year ground rent and the penalty within 30 days.

The ground rent per year stands at N61,160.9 and amounts to N1, 467,861.6 for the 24 years he is said to be owing but the penalty fine imposed is N30 million which brings the total amount he is supposed to pay within 30 days to N31,467,861.6.

Hunkuyi, who confirmed the development on his twitter handle, said this might be another ploy to demolish his personal residence,

He twitted: "Once again, @GovKaduna Malam @elrufai has sent a ridiculous bill to me for a purported ground rent of my personal house at Inuwa Wada to the tune of N30Million to be paid within 30 days, failure to do so might probably result to another demolition like he did on my other property."

A property on 11b Sambo Road, Kaduna, belonging to the Senator which was used as the secretariat of the faction of the APC in the state was demolished early morning on Tuesday on grounds that the ground rent on it has not been paid since 2010.

Hunkuyi leads one of the factions of the APC on Kaduna that is opposed to the leadership style of Governor Nasir El-Rufai and has said openly that he will not support El-Rufai's bid to return as governor in 2019.

The public relations officer of KADGIS, Abdullahi when contacted, confirmed the bill was from the agency.

He said the other plot at Sambo Road has also been revoked.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/another-of-hunkuyi-s-property-set-for-demolition.html

Re: Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
I am really disappointed in El-Rufai! If GEJ had reacted to El-Rufai like he is doing to Hunkuyi ..... sad

Really GEJ was more of a democrat than some of critics.
Re: Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition by swazpedro(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
This same El rufai wey pursue men from Abuja wan pursue men from their own state too. Choi
Re: Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
grin this one na case of dog chop dog grin
Re: Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition by FarahAideed: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
Like I said the greatest joy of a Buharist is to see everyone sad and unhappy ..Buharism is another word for sadism ..
Re: Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition by delpee(f): 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Wickedness at it's worst! One needs to watch proceedings in the South African Parliament to see the beauty of democracy and free speech. Conversely, any dissenting voice in Nigeria becomes a target for oppression. We need to do away with the 'yes sir' mentality under any/every situation.

Moreover, Gov. El Rufai disagreed with his bosses before and no one punished him to the best of my knowledge. I know Senator Hunkuyi may have broken the law but singling his houses out for demolition without any recourse to other means of settlement implies a deliberate attempt to ruin him. As a good Muslim, Gov. El Rufai should fear God and have a rethink for the sake of peace in Kaduna.
Re: Another Of Hunkuyi's Property Set For Demolition by BlackMbakara1(m): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
He's a lawmaker, yet he's owning state govt and FG govt is not owing him his pay...

What El Rufai is doing to him is a wicked tactical approach to break him.

Which is why before you start running your mouth, make sure your house is in order...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Not Aware Of Strike By Non Teaching Staff Of Nigerian Universities / You Want To Know If Buhari Is Working? Score Him On The Following! / Breaking News - Saraki's Loyalists Boast Of Leaving APC Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.