Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101463 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Subudu(m): 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

Check university of passau.
Good. I'll do that. Thanks
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
justi4jesu:

For someone that claims to work in the UK, this your English is an eyesore.
For a dweerve like this who claims to correct people when they make spelling mistakes take this
Jk Rowling wrote Harry potter and many other books , she employs proofreaders to go fru her work to eradicate spelling mistakes b4 publishing. So in your senselessness that's the only reasonable contribution you can add ? Common sense evades some of yah lot.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
Dear All,

It is with a deep sense of responsibility and awareness I am writing you this article today.

For years we have been going to schools in the UK and other parts of the EU. In the past, up to around 2009/2010, we used to get opportunities to stay back in the UK in particular and get job opportunities but in the last 7 to 8 years this has not been the case.
Now as soon as you graduate from your university, you are expected to get out of the UK.

Please bear in mind that as international students, you PAY MORE to get the same education as your UK and EU counterparts but you DO NOT get the same employment opportunities.
The UK will rather employ someone from the EU (or has an EU country passport) who cannot speak even 4.0 IELTS level of english and 4 months working experience, than employ you who has 5 to 7 years working experience with a 7.5 to 8.5IELTS level of english.
They know that the situation in Nigeria is getting worse by the day with the joke that we have as leaders, especially in the aspect of employment.
Some people will say be innovative, be an entrepreneur; my people, please do not allow motivational speakers deceive you. Entrepreneurship is difficult. It is not as glamorous as instagram makes it look. Also, entrepreneurship is NOT for everybody. Many people need real jobs!
Please ask yourself the following;
- Why are you really going to school in the UK?
- Why are you paying higher amounts of money to get an education which does not give you the same employment opportunities as your counterparts?
- Is marrying a UK/EU citizen because of papers worth it?
- Is it really worth it to stay back in the UK illegally?
- Why are you making the UK richer by driving up the value of the pound against the Naira by paying schools fees and visa fees in pounds?
- Why can’t those schools have accounts in Nigeria and you pay all the necessary fees in Naira?

Once upon a time the Naira was more valuable than the pound. My people, Think!!!
Nigerians are excluded from so many life changing opportunities for African youth such as the ALL BAR NONE scholarship, the DFID scholarships, the Barclays Rising Eagles programme (and Barclays has a branch in Lagos) etc.

I totally understand your need to migrate from the horrible economic and employment situation but I would advise you all to look at countries that use the point-based system and actually value your education or work experience in their country.

As a Nigerian, you cannot receive money in your Naira account through PAYPAL but you are encouraged to spend/buy using the same PAYPAL. If you can sell on Ebay, you can make money from home by selling things to people all over the world. We need a wakeup call.

Just so you know, I have personal experience living and working in the UK. To date, it has not given me any employment anywhere.

Even if you have parents that were legally British, because you were not born there in the UK, the Home office is not just going to hand you nationality. No. My country people please understand the UK DOES NOT WANT YOU...

I hope that this write up can dissuade many of you to look away from the UK or the EU.
Leave them alone.

Guy you too much. Your head dey there. This is the most informative, educative and greatest wake up call I have read in along time (apart from religious admonitions)
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
marvin906:

whether you study biz or not
UK govt dont give a damn about you..
unless you graduated from an ivy league school there
even with that your not still safe..
for me am facing either ukraine or moscow very soon
So why did they employ me thren?
My class mate in sec school is here too he works for JPMORGAN . He is from Delta state Uni .
Two of my classmates from sec school are Doctors here . I can go on and on . The UK govt is not responsible for your employment unless you want to go into the civil service .private sector jobs would be your 1st port of call.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
You clearly have no idea how demand for a currency affects the price.
Read more & #StayWoke

Do UK citizens pay in naira to get a Nigerian visa from inside the UK?
You must have missed your economics classes smiley

He missed Abi he failed? This is more than missing econs, he simply didn't understand anything and failed woefully

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aphrodite007:

God bless you immensely. I have been looking for how to create awareness on this issue.

If I had known that it was like that in the UK I wouldn't have bothered going there! People need to be aware that UK should not be an option. Its bewildering (and quite unfair) to make Nigerians pay so much money with little to no benefits in return. I was lucky to have gotten a job as soon as I got back to Nigeria, but what about the other over 30 school mates that were in my school that are jobless in Nigeria with no job to give back to their families for the money spent? One day, I went for a bank job interview, and I saw a lady that studied MPH in my UK University, she finished a year before me, which simply means she had been jobless for a year plus. I was so heartbroken seeing how the UK certificate had not impacted her in any way.

During my studies, I applied to over 100 IT jobs, I knew I was over qualified for some sef, but they turned me down the moment they found out that I was going to need sponsorship (even with the IT shortage)- me, that built their economy with my outrageous tuition! One time, one of the international officers in my school even confided in me that the Indians had blacklisted UK Universities due to the inability to remain in the UK after the amount of money spent, she wondered when we Nigerians would get sense and do the same.

I am always so happy when I see the UK threads reducing in popularity because less Nigerians are going there, rather, I am happy that the Canada, US and Australia threads growing with Nigerian youths that want a better life. UK is so so so not worth it!

Can you explain the sponsorship aspect in details pls?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by DanielsParker(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

All government universities in Germany are free.

Legally you have 18month to stay over after your studies...thats enough to get a job to stay here forever.

German government is immigrant friendly.we want skilled labour workforce.

Plenty student jobs from amazon(1300 euro monthly) to daimler Mercedes-Benz (2000euro).

Free education and semester ticket to make life comfortable.

I live and study here and visit uk.....very close to each other.

UK government is after your money...RUN

good afternoon sir, "18 months to stay after studies'" I can stay 18more months after my Msc should in case I enroll?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Inkredible(m): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
Everybody hold your horses.

Go where ever you want to go. Who are we to tell you not to?

Shey na ur life and money? Even North Korea sef, guys dey hustle there sef.

The goal is to leave Nigeria first. Abi?

#StayWokest cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Marrying someone for papers would be "utilizing my opportunity"...
If you didn't marry someone with papers, you wouldn't have this story...
shift fes �

OgbeniSir:
Am guessing you didn't utilise your opportunity properly if ever you went to university here and worked here. Masters brought me to UK. Now am married to the most beautiful British Born Yoruba babe with 3 kids, combined take home pay every month after tax is £5,300! Bought our council house on mortgage, bought a land in Kubwa Abuja also, everything crispy and all Glory to God almighty..
So if you ever have another opportunity, make good use of it

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
salford1:

This is the same with Australia, Canada, US, Germany e.t.c
When you study a STEM field, you would be in demand and getting residency would not be very difficult. But if you study bus admin, social science, art e.t.c. Na OYO be your name o, even in the countries mentioned in my first sentence.
Even in Canada, it's tough for home students to get jobs in non-stem courses, how much more international students.
Nah same thing I talk dem say my English is wash instead of dem to focus on the message nah my spellings and grammer dem dey observe as if say nah English 101 we dey. Ahahaa like this guy and anyone wey nor get JOB name wetin dem.sturdy problem.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by marvin906(m): 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

So why did they employ me thren?
My class mate in sec school is here too he works for JPMORGAN . He is from Delta state Uni .
Two of my classmates from sec school are Doctors here . I can go in and on . The UK govt is not responsible for your employment unless you want to go into To civil service .private sector jobs would be tour 1st port of call.

i think i will stick with the advice of my blood that did masters there..
and hes advice dont fvcking go there grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Inkredible(m): 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
Marrying someone for papers would be "utilizing my opportunity"...
If you didn't marry someone with papers, you wouldn't have this story...
shift fes �

Hahahahahha...

"Nobody everybody wey go school, know the way" grin

False ft Wande - Way
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
You are the one missing the point...

I AM BLATANTLY DISCOURAGING PEOPLE FROM GOING TO STUDY IN THE UK & CONTRIBUTING TO THE UK INCOME.

That money can be used to develop Nigeria.
#StayWoke

Touchey:
Dear saouri
I think you're missing a very vital point. The UK Offered admission NOT employment. If you want to work look for other alternatives, they should raise their unemployment rate because of you. They didn't invite you.
Or you want them to relax the laws at the detriment of their citizens?
We complain how the "whites" take over our jobs in Nigeria. We should be like the UK if we want to grow.
And an international teacher is expected to pass TOEFL to teach in Nigeria, while a Nigerian just needs a credit in Nigeria to teach. You get my point?

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by kashkamp: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
Black people and entitlement. Always playing victim.
This is why we will forever remain stagnant.
saouri:
My fore Fathers sowed there...
Maybe not your's but mine did...

They are not lawless is the difference, but greedy?
Think again

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
You welcome!
Bless you mate �

nurshah:

Guy you too much. Your head dey there. This is the most informative, educative and greatest wake up call I have read in along time (apart from religious admonitions)
Thank you
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by writeprof(m): 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:
Uk is a dryland.

They are theifs and rogues who enjoy exploiting other countries like Nigeria, india etc.

Come to Germany(Free education and Numerous student jobs),Canada(Point base PR), Australia(Blood money wealth).

Uk government want your money but they hate you.

herzlich willkommen von deutschland.

These are viable countries to apply to. People just need to be patient to pursue their admissions in these countries.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aphrodite007:

grin grin only those who attend Ivy league schools, after which you are given just 4 more months.. (to do what with? Care jobs or Retail?). The problem isn't the post study time given, but the fact that you can only work in the UK if a company will sponsor you AND 80% OF COMPANIES WILL NOT SPONSOR YOU!

Can someone pls explain more on the sponsoring aspect?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
DanielsParker:

good afternoon sir, "18 months to stay after studies'" I can stay 18more months after my Msc should in case I enroll?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2018
You didn't even understand the post or the point of the post...

Entitlement
Nigerians have been deceived for very long.

On the IELTS banner it states that taking the IELTS gives you better work opportunities! That is a lie...

They tell you that studying in the UK boosts your employment chances. This is another GREAT LIE.

Come back to Nigeria with your knowledge and certification, during job interviews you will be asked "WHO SENT YOU" not tell us about the course you studied or why you think you are suitable for the position.

We are not feeling "entitled". Nah fam...

WE NO WANT AGAIN!!! Let them keep their phony "opportunities" while we keep our money is all my post was about #StayWoke

And if people feel a need to migrate, the UK is obviously not the place...

kashkamp:
Black people and entitlement. Always playing victim.
This is why we will forever remain stagnant.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by kashkamp: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
Bless you! I always say this. Nigeria will do worse if we have the powers the big nations have.
Fash20:

Well said bra...

We(Nigerian) would do the same thing if Nigeria was a developed country.

I don't blame the UK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by writeprof(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
dollyptosh:
Oh so the US wants us

Of course, they do. Just that they want to regulate it. A friend went last December with his family on a full scholarship for a 3yr master's program.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Benchuko1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
What about Finland? Is it conducive to school and work there?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
Chevronstaff:
BEFORE GOING TO THE UK TO STUDY,THINK TWICE:
In the year 2013,after my brother completed his NYSC ,he was at the crossroads between going to the UK for masters or using half of the over 10million Naira for masters to start a lucrative business in Nigeria...

He later suspended his plans of going to the UK and started an oil&gas business in Nigeria...

Today,he has his own house,a good ride,living comfortably and set to marry his long-time girlfriend later this year... His decision to stay back in Naija paid off...

My point here is: if you intend going abroad for Masters,PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE UK...INSTEAD ,GO TO CANADA,U.S.A,AUSTRAILIA OR GERMANY where you can easily get a good job during and after studies and get your Permanent Residence with ease...

It's pointless paying high tuition fees in a country(UK) that won't give you a job after graduation but would rather send you back to your home country...!!!

There are some people destined to make it in Nigeria while there are some others destined to make it abroad..!!

Does getting a job guarantee one of permanent residency in these countries?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by dollyptosh(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
writeprof:

Of course, they do. Just that they want to regulate it. A friend went last December with his family on a full scholarship for a 3yr master's program.
People do get scholarships. I'm talking about PR here
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
Geetrix:

Well, education is a business there....Private universities cost more than Public in Nigeria...it's your choice!. Tuition is free in Gemany. The same tuition is 4-5x more expensive in the USA. What i mean is that, they offered you education, not employment. The employment dream is most people's own expectations...But having the education only puts you in the competitive employment market!

I think they only owe that to their citizens and EU citizens, then when there are still job openings after nobody takes up the role for 2-3 months, then we come in. However, i heard the jobs are actually there, but the problem is the visa!

What makes the Visa the problem?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by yhungbrowhne(m): 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
i done even like UK FOR ONCE THEY PUT US INTO THE SHIT WE ARE IN DIS COUNTRY,,BAD COUNTRY, CANT EVEN,USED NY HARD EARN,MONEY TO,TRAVEL,THERE

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Mimee803: 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2018
Give us a clue? No end in sight to the Nigerian madness...
saouri:
If you check Google, you will find the list of countries.
I deliberately did not list any countries because before you know it, they too may cut us off.

But I know one country in particular that is growing it's workforce and needs skilled and educated people to move ahead.

You all know it too ☺

Seek and you will find �
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Uncle calm down! I am creating awareness for people that intend to work after paying such ludicrous amount in the UK.

I had no idea what was involved when I was going to the UK, if someone had told me, I would have sowed a seed in their lives to thank them! Everyone is at liberty to start a business, however, whether or not the business will be patronised is a different matter. Yes, they offered education, but you sef, when you go to market, wont you will ask for jara on top? I did not do education to sit down in my father's house, to count ceilings, I did it for a job!

Check this: if UK Unis put up a disclaimer that international students have a 1% chance of working, would they see any international student? (other than those Chinese guys, who are the real owners of blood money after the Arab guys grin)

Look, I personally reaped from studying in the UK, I got the most amazing man and I have a degree got me a job as soon as I returned and can get me a PhD into any school in the world with a scholarship sef. I am only worried about the people that probably borrowed that tuition, hoping to get jobs to pay it back.

Also, saying that they owe jobs to their citizens is funny, their citizens are mostly underqualified for lots of jobs thats why their are huge numbers of unmanned jobs and shortage lists in the UK. Ok, How much tax do you pay? how many of their citizens actually work and pay tax? how many public incentives are you allowed to use? You work so hard and pay so much in taxes for their citizens to enjoy so much. Without non citizens, their country will be crawling, that's why they are sad about the Brexit. Like I said, I am cool with their laws, but its too tough. the other countries that are lenient, do they have two heads?

Pls why are they sad about the Brexit?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by HiddenShadow: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
mhizenugu:
The Uk is a complete waste of public space especially for african migrants if you ask me.. The nigerian government should immediately blacklist ( persona non grata ) them. The Indians have done that already.. what are we waiting for exactly?

Ebe ki shi na ala Igbo.?

Ebu oye ebe na ala Igbo.?

Achoromu ihu gi ezi Nairaland.?

Idi comfortable muwa ihu gi ezi Nairaland.?

Nne, zamu biko.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by dabossman(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
Dear All,

My country people please understand the UK DOES NOT WANT YOU...

I hope that this write up can dissuade many of you to look away from the UK or the EU.
Leave them alone.

I can't help but agree with you on this after my recent experience at the UK embassy just this week. I applied for a visiting visa to go on vacation and also attend a close family function and was refused because according to them they were not convinced I would return after my visit.
Now what made this both amusing and at the same time irritating is the fact that I have been to the UK before. I took a professional course there a few years ago and returned home. Since then I have travelled to France, Holland and the US and returned. Even the passport I applied with has the US 2yr multiple entry visa on it. So, if I wanted to run away wouldn't I have used that to do so?

I doubt that the visa officer checked any of my accompanying documents. My employment status didn't matter, and neither did my marital status or travel history. On top of that, I was even denied the opportunity to appeal. The whole thing seemed like a bad joke.

Me, I'm done with them o. There are many more places to visit for business and pleasure.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Bifrost: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
uuzba:

That's how Nigerians think.
"I thought, I thought".
Meanwhile Oyibos are ever ready to collect all the money you have. Sell your father's village and use the money for UK fees. They won't still give your job.

Everything the OP said EXACTLY happened me. UK MSc degree. No job there.
Returned to Nigeria looking fro job up and down.

Sorry man.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
lebete3000:

What makes the Visa the problem?

You have to be resident to get the job
You need a visa to be resident
You need a job/ Certificate of sponsorship to get the visa
LOL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.