Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101272 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
Martinez19:
Though UK offers the best education but it's not ideal for the average nigerian except your parents have a lot of money. Besides if it is not a major league University, count me out.

Who told you UK offers the best education?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by writeprof(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

That only happens when your sole purpose was not to school.you read the rule dammit . So why cry ? ?
If you got here cos of work great but school . Go home after school

You know more than 90% of Nigerian applicants go there to school as an opportunity to either get a job there or get something better to do. That is why this thread is being used to CAUTION NIGERIANS to disabuse their minds and stop wasting money to do master's with the hope of getting jobs. Even those done with their master's often must return to their home country before they can apply for PhD.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
marvin906:

i think i will stick with the advice of my blood that did masters there..
and hes advice dont fvcking go there grin grin
Oga if your 1st Degree is in any of the Engineering field . Show sharp sharp . If in the medical side show one time . What's your field mind sharing ? Mine is Mechanical Engineering .
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
writeprof:

Yeah, they seem to have the easiest admission process in place just to milk Africans.
I think places like South Africa and Kenya could be good options for educational development that can open doors for more opportunities.

cry did you just mention South africa and Kenya.... gosh Nigerian top schools are better. Dont you hear about zenophobic attacks in SA and kenya that is a village. Abeg stay for naija hustle.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by marvin906(m): 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

Oga if your 1st Degree is in any of the Engineering field . Show sharp sharp . If in the medical side show one time . What's your field mind sharing ? Mine is Mechanical Engineering .

computer sci
so you see i aint wasting my time there undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Lol
But why convert to naira?
You aren't spending in naira you know..

It's akin to sb in NY making 1k dollars, that's roughly 360k naira. Big money. But it's a pittance over there. The person is in penury there.

That's what I usually tell people oh, once dem hear salary laidis, next tin na to convert by reflex. Na dr type go come Naija distribute 5k to 10ppl, come talk sey dem spend 50k, whereas 50k in dollars na how much now? About $140.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by writeprof(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Fineman87:

cry did you just mention South africa and Kenya.... gosh Nigerian top schools are better. Dont you hear about zenophobic attacks in SA and kenya that is a village. Abeg stay for naija hustle.

Pls, VERY FEW - because I don't want to say none- Nigerian universities can compare to MANY universities in South Africa in terms of scholarship and facilities. Kenya has good universities also. Forget zenophobia, it's a by the way issue.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
marvin906:

computer sci
so you see i aint wasting my time there undecided undecided
Nah brother do not waste your time I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Sarang(f): 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Bifrost:

Lol. I'll Stay woke!
Well... actually the only thing I love about the Brits is their accent.
I can never spend my money to get a UK degree even with full scholarship.

It's crazy, really. And I really pity those on self-sponsorship. UK is really milking foreign students dry through outrageous fees!

Don't worry about their accent, go to Canada, Canadians equally speak like them.. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by marvin906(m): 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

Nah brother do not waste your time I agree with you.

jesus hahahhahahahahahhahaahhaha
now you see what have been saying..
if your not a medical doctor don't even think of UK grin grin
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by daveblessed(m): 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

You raised a valid point but you counter it yourself.
Lets pick the point one by one.

1) I said semester ticket is free...you said its subsidized......let me use a state like Northrine westfalia as example.... a monthly ticket for non student that covers dortmund to dusseldorf alone is 220 euro.multiply it by 6 month =1320 euro

Compare it to a student who pay 280 euro as semester fees....the semester fee covers all your studies for a semester, takes you the whole of the state, this ticket also takes you to holland and belgium free for six month.....can you compare 1320 to 280?

2) You said not all school are free....what are expecting? You want private university to br free...in my ealier post I.mention only govt universities...the only exception is baden wurttemburg( 1 states out of 16).

3) You talk about rascism: please sir are you new on this platform? Cant you see ipob and yoruba e-warriors on nairaland? Rascim is everywhere bro...how you respond/react to it is what matters. Even UK policy of brexit,cancelling of post study visa is rascist and anti immigrant.

You lived here for 19 years says alot about the country.
If its bad am sure you would have port away.

Like I said, presently in the western world, Germany is the easiest,immigrant friendly and economically best choice for average Nigerian.

Danke.
i just love u... .blessings fall on u.. !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by TheSage1: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Exciton:
Why the fvck are Nigerians always fixated on migration?!! Always taking the easy way out. I always see Naija Twitter "intellectuals" advice youths to leave while they can. Foreigners see this too, and no one is ever going to respect you if you think mass migration is a solution.

Why not focus on a lasting solution: saving the soul of your country by calling for constitutional changes, building strong institutions etc?

I don't get how people can feel comfortable developing another country at the expense of yours. Sub Saharan Africans just don't get global politics. The leaders in Western countries know exactly what they're doing: selectively taking in the above average and positive outliers --- those with usefull skills, the smartest or the socioeconomically advantaged and their looted wealth --- for their own development. This is harmful to smaller nations since they are left with a bit more shitty people and less wealth on average. Also, the numbers are well controlled because they understand the effect of culture on institutions. There're many reasons why sh!tholes are what they are, but culture is a big part of it!

It's okay to study and live outside Africa, but at least consider making positive contributions to your country for the sake of your future generations and the dignity of your people.

Intelligent post
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Olalekank(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
shocked

wow wow wow. I just read from beginning to the end. This thread is an eye opener and I thank saouri for opening a thread like this. I was thinking of going to Ireland for MSC initially but now I'm really considering Canada.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Temitope2302(m): 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:
How do i study as an undergraduate in germany if i dont understand german?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nigerians should leave other countries alone an work things out. In every developed country, you will find Nigerians that are nuisances in that environment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
thesicilian:
If our country was conducive enough, we wouldn't be spending our hard earned money to migrate.
make your country conducive. Solve problems and stop being problems to other nations!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by thesicilian: 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2018
majekdom2:
make your country conducive. Solve problems and stop being problems to other nations!
Guy swerve!
Na my body you want form Martin Luther King Jr?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
marvin906:

jesus hahahhahahahahahhahaahhaha
now you see what have been saying..
if your not a medical doctor don't even think of UK grin grin
Yes that was my 1st comment check . I even mentioned Biz Admin aka BAM students ehehe.Imagine BSC food tech and U wan do masters here chk am nahh.then after all that you come on NL to write full script how the UK won't give you job after your masters . I have asked the OP to state what he studied we still dey wait !

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
thesicilian:

Guy swerve!
Na my body you want form Martin Luther King Jr?
Ahaha nor mind them ooooo and their leaders dey send thier kids come here .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Olalekank:
shocked

wow wow wow. I just read from beginning to the end. This thread is an eye opener and I thank saouri for opening a thread like this. I was thinking of going to Ireland for MSC initially but now I'm really considering Canada.

What did you do at 1st Degree level if U dnt mind me asking ?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by zeke100(m): 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

Yes that was my 1st comment check . I even mentioned Biz Admin aka BAM students ehehe.Imagine BSC food tech and U wan do masters here chk am nahh.then after all that you come on NL to write full script how the UK won't give you job after your masters . I ha e asked the OP to state what he studied we still dey wait !

Bro, what do you think on B.Tech Project management ?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by millionboi2: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

No ITK there the difference is clear I'm here you r there . What proof does one need ? ??you lot jst Co. E on line and type.B'S . Facts is if U dnt have it you dont
Abeg carry ur paper intelligence go sit down one side jor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Martinez19(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
lebete3000:

Who told you UK offers the best education?
any other country you have in mind? If yes, I would like to know. Oxford, Cambridge, ucl and Edinburgh are dope. Maybe I haven't seen anyone better.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Olalekank(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:
What did you do at 1st Degree level if U dnt mind me asking ?
I'm currently studying computer science, unilag Graduating next year with a 2-1
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by millionboi2: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
OgbeniSir:
Am guessing you didn't utilise your opportunity properly if ever you went to university here and worked here. Masters brought me to UK. Now am married to the most beautiful British Born Yoruba babe with 3 kids, combined take home pay every month after tax is £5,300! Bought our council house on mortgage, bought a land in Kubwa Abuja also, everything crispy and all Glory to God almighty..
So if you ever have another opportunity, make good use of it

oga everybody is not a womanizer like u.. .d OP is on point and u know it.

Maybe u are 1 out of 100 .

UK msc is a total waste of resources

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Diso60090(m): 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
idu1:
UK na last option for me

You get options before
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
Olalekank:

I'm currently studying computer science, unilag
Graduating next year with a 2-1
Don't even think about it.you will face same problem in Europe or America . That course is not amongst skill shortage in any of the western world . So DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
millionboi2:
oga everybody is not a womanizer like u.. .d OP is on point and u know it.

Maybe u are 1 out of 100 .

UK msc is a total waste of resources
Speak of what you know.can't u see people with 1st Degree in computer science wanting to do MSC in the UK . Is that not wishful thinking ? ?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Olalekank(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

Don't even think about it.you will face same problem in Europe or America . That course is not amongst skill shortage in any of the western world . So DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY
Wow. This is shocking. Do you think I can apply for another course other than a computer science related course.

Which would you suggest and what country?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by TheSage1: 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
justwise:

Are you saouri?
No I’m not.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
millionboi2:
Abeg carry ur paper intelligence go sit down one side jor
When an olodoooo have nothing to offer they resolve to insults and name callings . Raise the level of ur argument instead of xpressing ur shared stupidity
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by millionboi2: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

When an olodoooo have nothing to offer they resolve to insults and name callings . Raise the level of ur argument instead of x pressing ur shared stupidity
you can't reason, so u got nothing to offer other than your paper work.

Ppl like u are worst than illiterates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.