Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101274 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:40am On Feb 24, 2018
lifedynamics:

Thank you ooo my brother. Glad there's still many people like you in Naij.
I don't know what shacks people about UK I fucking hate those greedy Brits(keep in mind this same selfishness is causing them to leave the EU (Brexit))

Y'all would pay about 200,000 pounds and get chased out the moment you graduate. God forbid me from such blindness.

And your point about going to better places is even more impressive. I live and study in Germany all you need is about 10,000 euros for your entire study( yes the complete 4 years).
And keep also in mind that this cash is not for tutiton(no tuition in Germany)but for rent, transportation and feeding. The German government would ask for this amount cause they've helped you calculate how much you'll need to stay there and if you're hardworking or even just a little brilliant talk less of being a Genius, they won't even let you go back to Nigeria, they'll almost kill you with job offers grin. But for the UK you'll pay 4x your entire German fee per year.
God forbid undecided

that is a working govt...its better to get in there than the colonial Lords country... Germany all the way...how can one get the necessary info to gain the admission as you posted?..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lifedynamics: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

that is a working govt...its better to get in there than the colonial Lords country... Germany all the way...how can one get the necessary info to gain the admission as you posted?..
Just to the German embassy website... But make sure you have money ooo grin
Germany isn't free at all ooo... But it's a thousand time cheaper than the UK and the US. grin

They tried to inculcate the tuition system last year... It was quickly scrapped off cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Odd jobs after completing my MCCEE and UK work experience? Seriously? Tell me more.

Yes. Because of lack of canadian experience.
Go to quora forum.You will see plenty PR holder in canada lamenting about it.

My advice do your research before going to any country...

To survive in canada, you need canadian education and experience irrespective of your previous degree or work experience.

All my above information is based on what I read on quora and what a PR friend in canada told me.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by eyinjuege: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
Lmao...
Nobody needs your ''hailing'' here. Who hailing EPP

It is oversaturated with EU people NOT Nigerians...
Nigerians are paying so much more and getting minimal value in return.
Read the post properly smiley

The value for your money is the education you received, and it is good value for money i must say.
Also the healthcare you received as a student (if needed) is not beans, and dont tell me about health surcharge as that 600 pounds can't cover one tenth of your hospital admissions if you needed one. Foreign students do end up in the A/E atimes.
Are Nigerians paying more than Americans who decide to come and study in the UK? Or more than the Pakistanis, Middle Easterners who also come every year to the UK to school?
So why do you expect your case to be different? "My case is different".
When you talk of unfriendly immigration policies, thats different from saying you didnt get value for money in terms of education.

Meanwhile, on a lighter note-

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
Lmao...
Nobody needs your ''hailing'' here. Who hailing EPP

It is oversaturated with EU people NOT Nigerians...
Nigerians are paying so much more and getting minimal value in return.
Read the post properly smiley
Your post deserves to be hailed. Hopefully, it will save a few people, from making the mistake of opting to study for a Masters' degree in the UK. The same degrees or similar ones, can be obtained elsewhere abroad, at a cheaper cost.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 24, 2018
simbated1:
Don't be fooled, do some research into how many migrant doctors who have completed the very expensive MCCEE, MCCQE1, MCCQE2, USMLEs and the rest are waiting to get the least medical job available in the remotest part of Canada and you'd be amazed.
Well, I am still gathering info and would keep at it. I always knew Canada wasn't 'easy' and so I chose the UK route, then I met a colleague in residency training there who told me the chances are just like most other countries. Would still enquire further though.
Nothing also stops you from coming clean and telling me wosup.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 10:45am On Feb 24, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

daad.de
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2018
Lol.

MistaBabz:
I strongly agree with Trump that Nigeria is a shithole.

It's only in Nigeria that snakes & monkeys have the guts to steal money, the level of corruption have reached the extent of lying for animals to cover up their atrocities. Now tell me how a reasonable person will see a Nigerian as a human being despite all these things, although some Nigerians in the diaspora are making waves anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Dearlord(m): 10:47am On Feb 24, 2018
You guys have said it all.
Now! Topic closed. �
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
My fore Fathers sowed there...
Maybe not your's but mine did...

They are not lawless is the difference, but greedy?
Think again

The only way this would be true is if your fore-father was taken away as a slave; but considering you are still here, I'm guessing your fore-father was one of those who sold their brothers into slavery, so nothing for you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by aspirebig: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
he cud hv lost it in business too na

Confirmed....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

Yes. Because of lack of canadian experience.
Go to quora forum.You will see plenty PR holder in canada lamenting about it.

My advice do your research before going to any country...

To survive in canada, you need canadian education and experience irrespective of your previous degree or work experience.

All my above information is based on what I read on quora and what a PR friend in canada told me.
Thank man, I appreciate. Perhaps I would just stay put with the UK or do you have any other country you would recommend?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Saladin25(m): 10:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

You raised a valid point but you counter it yourself.
Lets pick the point one by one.

1) I said semester ticket is free...you said its subsidized......let me use a state like Northrine westfalia as example.... a monthly ticket for non student that covers dortmund to dusseldorf alone is 220 euro.multiply it by 6 month =1320 euro

Compare it to a student who pay 280 euro as semester fees....the semester fee covers all your studies for a semester, takes you the whole of the state, this ticket also takes you to holland and belgium free for six month.....can you compare 1320 to 280?

2) You said not all school are free....what are expecting? You want private university to br free...in my ealier post I.mention only govt universities...the only exception is baden wurttemburg( 1 states out of 16).

3) You talk about rascism: please sir are you new on this platform? Cant you see ipob and yoruba e-warriors on nairaland? Rascim is everywhere bro...how you respond/react to it is what matters. Even UK policy of brexit,cancelling of post study visa is rascist and anti immigrant.

You lived here for 19 years says alot about the country.
If its bad am sure you would have port away.

Like I said, presently in the western world, Germany is the easiest,immigrant friendly and economically best choice for average Nigerian.

Danke.
You are absolutely right about Germany, a friend of mind will start is Program this April. He shown me a copy of his admission letter. The name of the school is, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin. From the admission letter, he was told to pay 2000 Euro in two installments. He is allowed to work also.
Germany is cool for studies and migration. The man saying german are racists, racists are everywhere. I was watching a programme on TV where, Africans were asked about how they deal with racism in the UK. Even in Nigeria we have ethnic bigots. Racism is an individual thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Konze70: 10:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Good write up but the problem with nigerians is that they don't listen ,he who has ear let him hear!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Thank man, I appreciate. Perhaps I would just stay put with the UK or do you have any other country you would recommend?
Pls also help with the quora address.

If you have the resources for australia, you can give it a shot.

If you are still young, below 30 you can also try the canadian route.

If those two dont sound cool you can try Germany.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2018
afroxyz:

Why didn't they think of their small dry land when they were plundering and colonizing people round the globe? Why didn't they just take what they need. Abeg this your argument no follow. They must pay back

LOLZ. They also stopped you guys from murdering twins, decreased infant mortality, stemmed the practice of human sacrifice, gave you education, modern medicine, and a modicum of infrastructure. As to why your country is still a shit-hole, look no further than the closest mirror.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 10:52am On Feb 24, 2018
Saladin25:

You are absolutely right about Germany, a friend of mind will start is Program this April. He shown me a copy of his admission letter. The name of the school is, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin. From the admission letter, he was told to pay 2000 Euro in two installments. He is allowed to work also.
Germany is cool for studies and migration. The man saying german are racists, racists are everywhere. I was watching a programme on TV where, Africans were asked about how they deal with racism in the UK. Even in Nigeria we have ethnic bigots. Racism is an individual thing.

Seems I know that your friend but thats the topic for another day.

That school is a private university in Berlin.

Rascism issue is even worst in Nigeria. From federal government appointment to getting admission into university.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

If you have the resources for australia, you can give it a shot.

If you are still young, below 30 you can also try the canadian route.

If those two dont sound cool you can try Germany.
Thanks again. Australia (AMC) has officially began scaling down on foreign doctors intake.
Would keep checking out for favourable countries.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by shakrullah(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
The fear of herdsmen is ...
the beginning of wisdom...Hahaha
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Gerrard59(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2018
blackbriar:

japanese language barrier (the official hardest language in the world) is your biggest barrier

Schools in Japan offer courses in English (Google G30 Japan). Yes, it is important to learn Japanese, as it is the official language. But shey you desire to reside permanently in a developed society? That is what you've to pay. Germany most are suggesting requires you learn German to fit in properly, so if you can strive to learn German. How about Japanese? To buttress my point, you need a minimum of 3 years to obtain your PR status in Japan and 2 years later, you can become a citizen (Note: You must let go of your current citizenship. I.e. Nigerian). It does not get better than this anywhere across the developed world. Guess what? Japan has the third largest economy globally and possess one of the lowest unemployment rate in the developed world (2.7%). In Japan, it is an employee's market not employer's.

Additionally, it is worthy of note that Japan is the safest country globally (Tokyo and Osaka are amongst the top three safest cities globally according to the Economist Intelligent Unit).

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Saladin25(m): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

Seems I know that your friend but thats the topic for another day.

That school is a private university in Berlin.

Rascism issue is even worst in Nigeria. From federal government appointment to getting admission into university.
Really! that is cool.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by golddust6000(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

For Msc they have exception for applicant who acquire their Bsc in English.
that is not true. In german university as of 2017 they required toefl both in msc and bsc check again
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Baroba(m): 11:05am On Feb 24, 2018
Geetrix:
Abey, the UK is a small country and everyone from the 3rd world that can't make America want to come here! Are they plucking the job from trees?! That's why their tax na die! E no easy to be champion....look at the size of the country and you'll understand why it's difficult

Exactly, I can't really blame them.. Knowing the average Nigerian notoriety of not going back after studies, you want them to open up there gates for peeps to flood in. I lived and studied in the UK for six years, the jobs are not readily available.. You will be shocked how small the UK is, forget all there past glory..It's up to Nigeria to improve its educational standard, the UK don't owe us anything..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by maasoap(m): 11:05am On Feb 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
he cud hv lost it in business too na
Only if you are talking about MMM, Bitcoins and the likes. With 7m, just become a distributor of fast moving consumer goods. Profits without much stress, instant profits at that.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Baroba(m): 11:07am On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

That only happens when your sole purpose was not to school.you read the rule dammit . So why cry ? ?
If you got here cos of work great but school . Go home after school

Word!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by TheSage1: 11:08am On Feb 24, 2018
justwise:
@saouri

Did you study in the UK? If yes..what year?
Yes I did. MSc in 2006-2007. Got a work permit in 2008 and eventually British citizenship. Doing well professionally.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2018
user147:
Hi Bro.

I'd like to believe there are conditions to qualify and getting that free education?

I don't want to believe it's an opportunity that is available to any immigrant who can just come into the country.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There's something wrong with that fellow you are talking to. Most of the courses offered are taught in German although you get a few courses taught in English but it might not tally with your Bsc and it might affect you if you are going for masters, you also require IELTS or Toefl. Many Bsc courses (if not all) are taught in German , learn German and you will thrive
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by JUBILEE2000: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

All government universities in Germany are free.

Legally you have 18month to stay over after your studies...thats enough to get a job to stay here forever.

German government is immigrant friendly.we want skilled labour workforce.

Plenty student jobs from amazon(1300 euro monthly) to daimler Mercedes-Benz (2000euro).

Free education and semester ticket to make life comfortable.

I live and study here and visit uk.....very close to each other.

UK government is after your money...RUN

What about the language factor?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:

We are not talking about proffessional job here...I'm talking about student job that is easily available here and thats the basis.

Many companies pay more than that like daimler(2000 euro), volkswagen 2200 euro.

All these job requires nothing...just permit and strength.

How much are you expecting them to pay for a non proffessional job?

What's this one saying? Talking about 1300euro in Germany and converting it to naira makes you look like an illiterate, are you spending in Nigeria or Germany?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by tiredoflife(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
You clearly have no idea how demand for a currency affects the price.
Read more & #StayWoke

Do UK citizens pay in naira to get a Nigerian visa from inside the UK?
You must have missed your economics classes smiley

Oga I trade forex for a living since 2008
Do we pay in pounds to get UK visa
What are u saying
In every country
U pay the equivalent of the foreign currency values
Funny u got likes typing another misinformation

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Gerrard59(m): 11:22am On Feb 24, 2018
Saladin25:

Japan bawo! Firstly, the language is a barrier. Secondly, Japan hardly accept skilled workers because, most of her citizens have those skills. The only way way they can accept you as a migrant is, you must undergo an internship training. Lastly, Japan is developed but their economy is not growing for more than a decade.
(164) Why does JAPAN need IMMIGRANTS? - VisualPolitik EN - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLnE9DmH1M

Language is a barrier in Japan, but not same in Germany? grin Una funny oh. To your bolded: This is what mis-information causes. Japanese ditto Germans have skills, however unlike the Germans, the Japanese are not procreating enough to meet the nation's TFR. Which is why they desire skilled immigrant (across all sectors). What is the surest route other than being a student? The government has reduced barriers to immigration, read The Japan Times and NHK. Once you are skilled and come through legal means, no problem. If language is your problem, we're in the 21st century. Be bi/tri lingual.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by simbated1: 11:22am On Feb 24, 2018
When the UK government is making policies for the betterment of its own country & citizenry, Nigerians expect that they have to be considered in these policies and have to be favoured by fire by force.

But many of them will still vote Buhari in 2019, I weep for my people.

No first world country owes you anything.

If you don't like one whose policies don't favour you, no one is forcing you to go/stay there, move you are not a tree, and go to one which favours you.

Don't wail, you don't have any birth rights in other people's countries. Develop you own country too and shut out whoever you want.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.