Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) (50799 Views)

Lady Laments As Rats Eat Up Her 500k She Kept To Pay House Rent (video) / Gas Explosion In Surulere Burns Down Building, Cars (Photos, Videos) / PHOTOS: House Burns Down In Yaba Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by asawanathegreat(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
That man is a living Idiot
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
ehispapa:

people like you have never been to Benin City, you just make comment base on sentiments and hear say. which state are you from lets compare and see. how can you say they dont have gate in Benin city? trolling right? just to make people laugh
Please read properly b4 commenting na. I never said they don't have gates in benin. I said if you see a "gate without a fence", respect yourself and go through the gate. And yes i lived in benin city for 5yrs.

1 Like

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by able20(m): 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
OgSammy:
My brain refuse to understand this one .

Over there they call it spiritual.
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Pope22(m): 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
They should take the man to a psychiatric hospital, he is obviously not normal.
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by wonder233: 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
Fit2Rule:
The name "BENIN" says it all. Fear those people o. They can make you dig your own grave, enter it and bury yourself alive. It's only in Benin that you'll see a gate without a fence. Try to enter the compound without passing through the gate and see if you won't be dancing "one corner" immediately.
You clearly overestimated the (false) cloak of anonymity the Nairaland forum confers on her patrons as buffer to ridicule and rile the great Bini Kingdom, Benin City and Edo race using hackneyed stereotypes.

For this, you and all others on this thread that have made derogatory statements will be adequately recompensed...and when that process is complete, even I, will be sorry for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by omoelerin1: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
There is a Yoruba adage that says: 'Omo t'abi ti a o ko ni yio gbe ile t'ako ta'. If you fail to give your child proper education, you rather build a house, he is going to sell off that house after you might have passed on?

This one is even worst in the sense that he chose to burn down the house instead of selling it.

So train your child today, so that he may give you rest tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by crismark(m): 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
that landlord is bae!! some tenants re jst 2 heartless..

1 Like

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by omoelerin1: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
wonder233:
You clearly overestimated the (false) cloak of anonymity the Nairaland forum confers on her patrons as buffer to ridicule and rile the great Bini Kingdom, Benin City and Edo race using hackneyed stereotypes.

For this, you and all others on this thread that have made derogatory statements will be adequately recompensed...and when that process is complete, even I, will be sorry for you guys.
I think what you wrote here confirms his assumption.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Stopcomplaining(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by shankara7: 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
narorose:
What a wicked man?na his fault?after all he no Sabi how much building materials dey cost ... idiotic element

Nwanyi mara nma don't take it personal.

1 Like

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by RillJ(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
He may get Very Long (if not life) Imprisonment for this - ARSON, WILFUL DAMAGE & ATTEMPT TO COMMIT MURDER
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Keywordconcept(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
O deep

Check my signature
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by ojamilaraje: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol..The Best Comedy Meme Ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSdNXrWxBwY
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by EOOJ(m): 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
He inherited the house... Dat explains why he can burn it without thinkin twice

2 Likes

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by 2shure: 2:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
bob izua must hear this
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by cchiagom(f): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I love landlords that think outside the box because some tenants don't have conscience.

Now they've lost their homes
He lost only his house.

They frustrated the landlord so he had to do the unthinkable.

1 Like

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by boyjo: 2:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
tellwisdom:
Houses for Benin na MUD na...So he will mould another one sad

Did you watch the video?
it was all mud. So irritating.
And they can`t see that the tagline, "acient city of Benin" is really affecting them and rebrand
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Godwin978(m): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
na Buhari cause all this frustration going on every were
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by goodnews777: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
The same people who refused to pay their rent are the same people crying now.Same shit. different toilets. same shit.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by 12345baba(m): 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
bluntolumide:
In situation like this you've to think outside the box grin ,..........

If a landlord can set his own house ablaze , there's possibility that at that point the house doesn't belong to him anymore, he has taken in his village people as his tenant Benin village people smarter than mark zuckerberg they swapped his destiny with one bottle of palmwine.

when he realized trying to get is rent at any possible means all to no avail it was to late the juju don work e head don nack he had no option than to let the house go.

fear your village people ≧﹏≦ they fit take Lamborghini from you and give you keke napep.
na for papa God hand me i dey
ur not making sense

1 Like

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by pedrilo: 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
fire and fury is the only language some people understand
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by erico2k2(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
nan1:
THIS IS PURE MADNESS WHAT ABOUT SELLING THE HOUSE OR GETTING A LAWYER TO HELP RECOVER UNPAID RENT?
Bross that nah LONG THING.
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by bluntolumide(m): 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
12345baba:
ur not making sense
you should have said "am not sensible enough to comprehend what you wrote " undecided
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by erico2k2(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
RillJ:
He may get Very Long (if not life) Imprisonment for this - ARSON, WILFUL DAMAGE & ATTEMPT TO COMMIT MURDER
4 where ? It was alleged he burnt the house not proven . He only shouted let it burn. It would ha e to be proven in court that he did set the house on fire .

2 Likes

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by newoffer: 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Na only Benin Juju dem no dey dilute. Always Raw n potent like fire. You need to be in that man shoe to understand what he is going through.
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Puzzypleazer: 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
Looks like something I will do too.
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by maasoap(m): 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
obainojazz:
They have their own businesses but want another man's business to fall angry The landlord, the tenants even the house are all mad.
Best comment so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Puzzypleazer: 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
If it's me, I will burn it with their priorities inside and make it look like accident
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by WorldAmbassador: 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
laidelaitan:
Shocking!!! Landlord burns down own house over tenants’ refusal to pay rent in Edo state

A man that inherited his late father’s house, Idemudia Obamwonyi, allegedly set the building ablaze over refusal of tenants in the building to pay rent and has since been arrrested by police

Accordin to reports, over 20 shops in the building located at Iwebo lane behind Oba Market in Benin City, Edo State, were razed. Idemudia was said to have been heard shouting telling people to allow the house burn since he does get any money from the house.

A resident in the area, Ifaluyi Obasogie, said it was unheard of for a landlord to set his own house ablaze. “We saw people holding him and he was saying let the house burn,......

https://www.headofsocials.com/2018/02/23/headofsocialsshocking-landlord-burns-house-tenants-refusal-pay-rent-edo-state/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbW1gn67LE

Is that the whole story? It seems there's something significant is missing here. Not a very rational thing to do.
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by blackjack21(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
bluntolumide:
In situation like this you've to think outside the box grin ,..........

If a landlord can set his own house ablaze , there's possibility that at that point the house doesn't belong to him anymore, he has taken in his village people as his tenant Benin village people smarter than mark zuckerberg they swapped his destiny with one bottle of palmwine.

when he realized trying to get is rent at any possible means all to no avail it was to late the juju don work e head don nack he had no option than to let the house go.

fear your village people ≧﹏≦ they fit take Lamborghini from you and give you keke napep.
na for papa God hand me i dey

Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by Primenet(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
MAC & SONS COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES
BUY AFFORDABLE BROWSING DATA BUNDLE

WE CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT INSTANTLY!
MTN USERS
· 250 MB = #300
· 500 MB = #450
· 1GB = #650
· 2GB = #1250
· 5GB = #2900
· 90 Days Validity

ETISALAT USERS
· 250MB = #350
· 500MB = #450
· 1GB = #750
· 1.5GB = #1200
· 2GB = #1350
· 3GB = #2000
· 5GB = #3200
· 11.5GB = #7200
· 15GB = #8950
· 27.5GB = #16,200
30 Days Validity

GLO USERS

· 1.6GB/2GB = #1000
· 3.65GB/4.5GB = #1,900
· 5.75GB/7.2GB = #2,350
· 7GB/8.25GB = #2,750
· 10GB/12.5GB = #3,650
· 12.5GB/15.6GB = #4,550
· 20GB/25GB = #7,150
· 26GB/32.5GB = #8,800
· 42GB/52.5GB = #13,300
30 Days Validity

AIRTEL USERS
· 1.5GB = #950
· 3.5GB = #1,900
· 5GB = #2,375
· 7GB = #3,325
30 Days Validity

For your order and subscription

Call or Whatsapp
Mode of payment
Either cash or bank transfer

NOTE: YOU CAN ALSO PAY PAY THROUGH AIRTIME BUT WILL DEMAND ADDITIONAL CHARGE

Thanks For your patronage!
Re: Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
some tenants can be a pin in the ass...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos 2022 / 19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit / 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.