Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje (24480 Views)

Dankwambo Meets With Kwankwaso And Sule Lamido In Abuja / Passengers Take Pictures With Kwankwaso Aboard Arik Air / Photos From The Meeting Of Buhari With Kwankwaso & Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
One thing I like about Ganduje is his offer to end the farmer-herdsman crisis by donating land to them to establish ranches. If the powers that be had taken him up on the offer, the crisis would be over today.

He has my respect for that offer. Up Kano.

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by gigabyte13: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
Dem dey talk Kano matter some lpork miscreants still dey attack Tinubu...... Chai Tinubu don do dem strong thing, dem dey even think about him all the time. Well, people wey no get just one single leader to point to in their entire region . l shame for una, if una no get shame. #wanderers

2 Likes

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
OfficialAwol:
One of the teachings of the laws of power is that you should break away from every entanglement of gratitude. Which is what Ganduje has done with Kwankwaso.

But as Africans we are taught not to bite the finger that fed us.

Ganduje should not stretch his luck too far.

I'm not in Kano but I still think that Kwankwaso has got an upper hand in the political battle. Ganduje is no match to Kwankwaso's political sagacity and clout; I'm certain of that.

Who is Ganduje?

Funny enough if u enter kano, all in support of ganduje

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Augiiee(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

Governor of Kano state, Umar Ganduje has opened up on his feud with his predecessor and current senator, Rabiu Kwankwaso.

Ganduje, in a recent interview with Sun, revealed that he had a healthy relationship with the senator in the past adding that things went south after Kwankwaso started to undercut him. He said;

"We were very, very close. Even before 1999, we have been friends. I was Commissioner for Works and Transport for six years during the military, and my former governor is a politician right from the military when political parties were formed. I started politics right from 1978, and in 1979 during the NPN period, I even contested election and was even part of the executive members of the party in the state. So, politics is not something I am just starting now.

So, we contested together for governorship in 1999 and the result was controversial. Prince Tony Momoh was in Kano to supervise the primaries, the result was controversial; the elders reconciled us that he should be governor and I should be the deputy governor. I insisted that there should be re-election, but elders pleaded and I agreed to be the deputy governor. Tony Momoh is still alive, you can ask him.

And since I became the deputy governor I had to do it well. I had to be loyal, respectful and honest. So, I worked hard to add value to the government by supporting the governor not only by being loyal to him but working very hard to fill the gaps, promote the government and work round the clock to ensure when he is not around there is no difference. That is how we worked together. Even when he was a minister, I was with him. I was on my own when he invited me to come and be his adviser when he was Minister of Defence. I agreed because after all, we have been together, and he felt we could work together.

When we won the elections in 2011, he graciously invited me, it was not as a result of any contest between us, but out of his own volition. I have to thank him for that because he could have invited someone else.

So, we worked together peacefully. When I was nominated and after I won the elections in 2015, before handing over, I started seeing some elements of undercuts from his body language.

He didn’t attend my swearing-in, he just handed over and left for Abuja because he claimed he had something to do. I said okay and went for the swearing-in. A night before he left, I went to him and I said during my campaign, I said that my administration will be a government of continuity. I told him that I want to retain the Secretary to the State Government. The SSG did not know, I was the one that told him. I told him that I want to retain the Accountant General. The DG Media is his friend, I told him I want to retain him, and I later made him a Permanent Secretary. The Press Secretary, I told him I want to retain him, so he phoned and told him. And then the four administrative staff in the office, I asked him ‘will you like to take some’, he said he was taking only one, the remaining three are still in my office. So, that was a symbol of continuity.

Then it came to the appointment of commissioners and, of course, from his body language I had started seeing some elements of disagreements. So, I didn’t get his opinion on the appointment of the commissioners because I thought that was not even necessary because the commissioners are not as strong in government as SSG and the Accountant General. So, I thought it was something I could do. Even at that, my Commissioner for Agriculture now was also his Commissioner for Agriculture, we are still together; the Commissioner for Local Government is a younger brother to his wife, he was chairman of local government during his time; the Commissioner for Water Resources was an adviser in his government; the Commissioner for Finance was also Commissioner for Finance in his government.

Like I said, I started seeing some elements of undercuts from his body language, and then he started attacking my administration. First, even before handing-over, he said he has paid all the contractors in Kano, but the contractors went to radio stations and said he was telling lies. You could see that he was trying to heat up the system even before handing-over.

Some months before he left, he declared free education at all levels knowing well that it was clearly impossible. When he said free education, the Vice Chancellor of Bayero University said okay, the highest number of students in the university, ‘this is the figure please give us the money because since you declared free education what it means is that they will not pay single kobo.’ He said the VC should divide the figure into four that he will pay and the VC said no, ‘our budget is not based on that.’ Students in other universities were paying, and yet he said it was free education.

And also, few weeks before he left, he was sending students in thousands abroad; some studying chemistry, geography, biology, engineering, medicine. And you know how much it is costing us so far because of the fall of the naira, he paid N4 billion on foreign scholarships. When we calculated, each foreign student will get N68,000 per month. It was a huge expenses considering our challenges occasioned by the drop in the prices of oil at the international market. In fact, some state governments returned their students from foreign universities because they couldn’t cope, but I didn’t return anybody. I’m still paying with tears.

Again, he took pension money and built houses that up till now we are finding it very difficult to dispose off. We put N4.1 billion from the pension fund and the liability we have on the houses is over N3 billion. So, even if we sell the houses, we have to pay contractors. So, what I am trying to say is that even before handing-over, he was setting up some traps so that the government will be a failure. He even went to my senatorial district five days before my taking over and said he was establishing a Technical College of Education in one of the local governments. How can you establish a school like that without approval from the federal government, without any legislation from the State House of Assembly, without any infrastructure, no plans for teachers, no plans for equipment? He did this so that when I come, I will find problem on ground.

After he left, I told the people that it was a story-telling because there is nothing on ground to establish a college of education. What I discovered later is that we have a Federal College of Education (Technical). The Provost told me that Kwankwaso told him he wanted to establish a college of education and he told him not to because we are not even filling our quota in the federal college.

And then he wrote me a letter that I should not receive bailout. How could I have paid salary if I don’t? When the federal government thought we needed bailout, he wrote me a letter that I shouldn’t collect bailout knowing that he left a liability of over N300 billion. The Transition Committee was the one that gave that figure and then he started quarreling. He said why should the Transition Committee say he left a liability of over N300 billion. I told him this was released even before the handing over.

I held a press conference and I said leaving a liability is not a crime. This government is a government of continuity and I will continue to forge ahead. But he was still pained that the Transition Committee said he left a liability of over N300 billion, but that was the fact. So, you find all these kinds of things, which I didn’t want to bring to the open until he decided to attack me.

He even wrote in the letter that receiving loan from the federal government was not part of the Kwankwasiya policy. So I started to wonder, what is Kwankwasiya policy? Because I was the first person to put the Kwankwasiya structure on ground. He started using some members of Kano State House of Assembly against me, but God so kind, out of the 40 members, 35 of them are with us. Even at the federal level, most of the lawmakers are with us.

The crux of the matter is that he wants to be remote-controlling me. How can I be remote-controlled by somebody outside the government? I was a civil servant at the state level after graduation and I got to level 17 at the federal level. I have been in politics for years. I was secretary to our party in my local government, assistant secretary of our party at the state level, commissioner for six years and deputy governor for eight years. For goodness sake, if you are talking about government, I should know what it is about.

He would have been the luckiest former governor, I can assure you that because we’ve been nice to him. But it’s obvious he doesn’t want us to succeed. That is why he is not contributing anything in the Senate because he is concentrating on Kano. Sometimes, I wonder if in his dreams he still thinks he is the governor of Kano state. Instead of him to concentrate in the Senate by making laws, and being versatile on national and international issues and see how he can assist our democracy, he is dreaming of becoming the President of this country while he is quiet in the Senate. How can he rule this country? What ideas does he have?"

Ganduje also said that he was open to reconciliation with the senator. Speaking on Kwankwaso's chances of becoming president in 2019, he said;

"On 2019 elections, that is left to God. But personally, I wouldn’t mind for him to join another party, back a candidate that will contest against me. And if the constitution allows, I would even invite him to come and contest against me on a different platform to test his popularity. Politics is like that."

https://politicsngr.com/quarrel-kwankwaso-started-wont-president-ganduje/
#SaiGanduje #GandunAiki

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Yankee101: 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
Biting the hand that fed you
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by wink2015(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

Governor of Kano state, Umar Ganduje has opened up on his feud with his predecessor and current senator, Rabiu Kwankwaso.

Ganduje, in a recent interview with Sun, revealed that he had a healthy relationship with the senator in the past adding that things went south after Kwankwaso started to undercut him. He said;

"We were very, very close. Even before 1999, we have been friends. I was Commissioner for Works and Transport for six years during the military, and my former governor is a politician right from the military when political parties were formed. I started politics right from 1978, and in 1979 during the NPN period, I even contested election and was even part of the executive members of the party in the state. So, politics is not something I am just starting now.

So, we contested together for governorship in 1999 and the result was controversial. Prince Tony Momoh was in Kano to supervise the primaries, the result was controversial; the elders reconciled us that he should be governor and I should be the deputy governor. I insisted that there should be re-election, but elders pleaded and I agreed to be the deputy governor. Tony Momoh is still alive, you can ask him.

And since I became the deputy governor I had to do it well. I had to be loyal, respectful and honest. So, I worked hard to add value to the government by supporting the governor not only by being loyal to him but working very hard to fill the gaps, promote the government and work round the clock to ensure when he is not around there is no difference. That is how we worked together. Even when he was a minister, I was with him. I was on my own when he invited me to come and be his adviser when he was Minister of Defence. I agreed because after all, we have been together, and he felt we could work together.

When we won the elections in 2011, he graciously invited me, it was not as a result of any contest between us, but out of his own volition. I have to thank him for that because he could have invited someone else.

So, we worked together peacefully. When I was nominated and after I won the elections in 2015, before handing over, I started seeing some elements of undercuts from his body language.

He didn’t attend my swearing-in, he just handed over and left for Abuja because he claimed he had something to do. I said okay and went for the swearing-in. A night before he left, I went to him and I said during my campaign, I said that my administration will be a government of continuity. I told him that I want to retain the Secretary to the State Government. The SSG did not know, I was the one that told him. I told him that I want to retain the Accountant General. The DG Media is his friend, I told him I want to retain him, and I later made him a Permanent Secretary. The Press Secretary, I told him I want to retain him, so he phoned and told him. And then the four administrative staff in the office, I asked him ‘will you like to take some’, he said he was taking only one, the remaining three are still in my office. So, that was a symbol of continuity.

Then it came to the appointment of commissioners and, of course, from his body language I had started seeing some elements of disagreements. So, I didn’t get his opinion on the appointment of the commissioners because I thought that was not even necessary because the commissioners are not as strong in government as SSG and the Accountant General. So, I thought it was something I could do. Even at that, my Commissioner for Agriculture now was also his Commissioner for Agriculture, we are still together; the Commissioner for Local Government is a younger brother to his wife, he was chairman of local government during his time; the Commissioner for Water Resources was an adviser in his government; the Commissioner for Finance was also Commissioner for Finance in his government.

Like I said, I started seeing some elements of undercuts from his body language, and then he started attacking my administration. First, even before handing-over, he said he has paid all the contractors in Kano, but the contractors went to radio stations and said he was telling lies. You could see that he was trying to heat up the system even before handing-over.

Some months before he left, he declared free education at all levels knowing well that it was clearly impossible. When he said free education, the Vice Chancellor of Bayero University said okay, the highest number of students in the university, ‘this is the figure please give us the money because since you declared free education what it means is that they will not pay single kobo.’ He said the VC should divide the figure into four that he will pay and the VC said no, ‘our budget is not based on that.’ Students in other universities were paying, and yet he said it was free education.

And also, few weeks before he left, he was sending students in thousands abroad; some studying chemistry, geography, biology, engineering, medicine. And you know how much it is costing us so far because of the fall of the naira, he paid N4 billion on foreign scholarships. When we calculated, each foreign student will get N68,000 per month. It was a huge expenses considering our challenges occasioned by the drop in the prices of oil at the international market. In fact, some state governments returned their students from foreign universities because they couldn’t cope, but I didn’t return anybody. I’m still paying with tears.

Again, he took pension money and built houses that up till now we are finding it very difficult to dispose off. We put N4.1 billion from the pension fund and the liability we have on the houses is over N3 billion. So, even if we sell the houses, we have to pay contractors. So, what I am trying to say is that even before handing-over, he was setting up some traps so that the government will be a failure. He even went to my senatorial district five days before my taking over and said he was establishing a Technical College of Education in one of the local governments. How can you establish a school like that without approval from the federal government, without any legislation from the State House of Assembly, without any infrastructure, no plans for teachers, no plans for equipment? He did this so that when I come, I will find problem on ground.

After he left, I told the people that it was a story-telling because there is nothing on ground to establish a college of education. What I discovered later is that we have a Federal College of Education (Technical). The Provost told me that Kwankwaso told him he wanted to establish a college of education and he told him not to because we are not even filling our quota in the federal college.

And then he wrote me a letter that I should not receive bailout. How could I have paid salary if I don’t? When the federal government thought we needed bailout, he wrote me a letter that I shouldn’t collect bailout knowing that he left a liability of over N300 billion. The Transition Committee was the one that gave that figure and then he started quarreling. He said why should the Transition Committee say he left a liability of over N300 billion. I told him this was released even before the handing over.

I held a press conference and I said leaving a liability is not a crime. This government is a government of continuity and I will continue to forge ahead. But he was still pained that the Transition Committee said he left a liability of over N300 billion, but that was the fact. So, you find all these kinds of things, which I didn’t want to bring to the open until he decided to attack me.

He even wrote in the letter that receiving loan from the federal government was not part of the Kwankwasiya policy. So I started to wonder, what is Kwankwasiya policy? Because I was the first person to put the Kwankwasiya structure on ground. He started using some members of Kano State House of Assembly against me, but God so kind, out of the 40 members, 35 of them are with us. Even at the federal level, most of the lawmakers are with us.

The crux of the matter is that he wants to be remote-controlling me. How can I be remote-controlled by somebody outside the government? I was a civil servant at the state level after graduation and I got to level 17 at the federal level. I have been in politics for years. I was secretary to our party in my local government, assistant secretary of our party at the state level, commissioner for six years and deputy governor for eight years. For goodness sake, if you are talking about government, I should know what it is about.

He would have been the luckiest former governor, I can assure you that because we’ve been nice to him. But it’s obvious he doesn’t want us to succeed. That is why he is not contributing anything in the Senate because he is concentrating on Kano. Sometimes, I wonder if in his dreams he still thinks he is the governor of Kano state. Instead of him to concentrate in the Senate by making laws, and being versatile on national and international issues and see how he can assist our democracy, he is dreaming of becoming the President of this country while he is quiet in the Senate. How can he rule this country? What ideas does he have?"

Ganduje also said that he was open to reconciliation with the senator. Speaking on Kwankwaso's chances of becoming president in 2019, he said;

"On 2019 elections, that is left to God. But personally, I wouldn’t mind for him to join another party, back a candidate that will contest against me. And if the constitution allows, I would even invite him to come and contest against me on a different platform to test his popularity. Politics is like that."

https://politicsngr.com/quarrel-kwankwaso-started-wont-president-ganduje/

This is quite detailed and informative.

So Kwankwaso want to be President of Nigeria by fire and by force and he want to start his campaign by playing Godfatherism and forcing his way down the throat of governor Ganduje.

But governor Ganduje is not willing to accept a former governor being his GODFATHER.

3 Likes

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by BlueScholar(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
OfficialAwol:
One of the teachings of the laws of power is that you should break away from every entanglement of gratitude. Which is what Ganduje has done with Kwankwaso.

I'm not in Kano but I still think that Kwankwaso has got an upper hand in the political battle. Ganduje is no match to Kwankwaso's political sagacity and clout; I'm certain of that.

Who is Ganduje?

Well it seems like Ganduje tried his best not to break the first law of power, which is to never outshine the master, except that in this case the master felt threatened by the knowledge his student has...

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Caseless: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
OfficialAwol:

Who is Ganduje?
you're right. Kwankwaso is a movement in kano. This revelation by Ganduje has brought a new twist to the issue. This will bring some sympathy to him going into the elections in '19.
But Gandu could've handled the issue differently.

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Caseless: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
BlueScholar:

Well it seems like Ganduje tried his best not to break the first law of power, which is to never outshine the master, except that in this case the master felt threatened by the knowledge his student has...
grin grin
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by mentorandfriend(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mullase:
I'm not bothered

I'll have to get the data before paying you. Deal?

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Aburumah75: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nutase:
Rantings of Fulani herdsmen.
It never cease to amaze that you people, despite claims to superior education and enlightenment, are still stark illiterates when it comes to knowing the composition of northern Nigeria. Many things you are posting here just make us laugh.
Kwankwaso and Ganduje are not Fulani. And most certainly, not herdsmen. Fulani and hausa are two totally different ethnic groups with totally different culture and orientation.
Despite this, we appreciate the sarcasm as always.

2 Likes

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
OfficialAwol:

Who is Ganduje?
I had conversations with northerner in my area of he who will vote for in 2019, he confined in me that Kwankwaso could be a good president.

I asked him, why? Kwankwaso is not like Buhari's people. That Fulani are different from other northerners. That Kano state is not a Fulani speaking.

He confessed that this current Kano state governor is not doing anything since he became governor. That Kwankwaso is the one transformed Kano state we are seeing today.

Kwankwaso will be good for president. But APC will not allow him.

He also said northerners don't know politic, that they like violence in every elections.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
Once Kwakwanso joins PDP n gets the P.Ticket, He will win smoothly.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Exactly.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by buharitill2023: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Sirjamo:
Kwankwaso was 100 times the governor that you are, he was the best thing that ever happened to kano state
100 times governor with 300b naira liability.

I don't know how idiotic pigs of Biafra thinks

2 Likes

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Politicowizard(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
In as much as Ganduje has constitutional right to be in charge of his administration, questioning the ambition of Kwankwaso to vying for presidential position is unconstitutional of him. How could he be attacking the ambition and constitutional right of another man? Is it to pitch Kwankwaso against PMB, his master? Well, to me such statement is at best foolish.

In addition, he threw up a challenge that he is so much on ground to the point of seeing him self as the "new sherrif of kano" politics. Well, let's see how far he could go.

Nevertheless, ex-governors should know the meaning of "ex" when attached to governor. They should resist the temptation of over bearing and domineering attitude. You can't continously call the shots at all times. Life itself it transient so is our position in life.

In summary, neither of the duo is innocent.

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by buharitill2023: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
PrecisionFx:
he will win in your village

2 Likes

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Sirjamo: 4:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
buharitill2023:

Oga, I for no answer you o, but dat Biafra wey you call me na him pain me for body because I be original oodua tokantokan. Back to the topic, take a trip to Kano (if you can) and see the massive infrastructure that Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso left for the people, what about human capital development: During his administration, an indigene just need to graduate with 2:1 and off he goes abroad for masters. The moment *mai barchi" (the sleepy one) got there, he stopped everything claiming no money while everyone know that Kano is only behind Lagos, Ogun and Rivers in terms of IGR. Mark my word, Ganduje can only retain his seat due to Buhari factor, otherwise, he's a goner
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by millionboi2: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2018
buharitill2023:
he will win in your village
Better look 4anoda job, bcoz ur paymaster is packing out soon
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Charly68: 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
I never knew the senator is that wicked..why did he go to such extent to plot the downfall of his successor and he is gallivanting about to become Nigeria president ,he will do more wickedness if he is privilege to assume the presidency ..Let him continue to deceive himself .

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by SouthEastFacts: 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aburumah75:

It never cease to amaze that you people, despite claims to superior education and enlightenment, are still stark illiterates when it comes to knowing the composition of northern Nigeria. Many things you are posting here just make us laugh.
Kwankwaso and Ganduje are not Fulani. And most certainly, not herdsmen. Fulani and hausa are two totally different ethnic groups with totally different culture and orientation.
So Hausa-fulani are not the same again abi? Don't forget to tell this to the almajiris during 2019 election.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by SouthEastFacts: 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
buharitill2023:

Mr. Herdsman, what about your prophet, buhari? Do you know how many liabilities he has accumulated in less than 4 years? Hypocrits.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by buharitill2023: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Mr. Herdsman, what about your prophet, buhari? Do you know how many liabilities he has accumulated in less than 4 years? Hypocrits.
this should be the first reason to re-elect buhari till 2023.

In less than 3yrs, he has built reserve from mere $24b to $42b.

Even when oil price has falling to less than $30. And salary is being paid to date.

Your ineffectual buffoon borrowed to pay salary even when oil price were more than $100/b

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by GenOrumov: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
OfficialAwol:

Who is Ganduje?
And who is Kwankwanso?? Someone that Shekarau (an ordinary level 17 civil servant) denied re-election and denied power for 8 years in Kano!!!!
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by debosalau(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ganduje's case will might turn out to be like the case of the immediate past governor of Zamfara State who kicked at Yerima after he became governor having been Yerima's deputy for 8years and the only deputy who later got to be a governor in 2007. He was replaced by the current governor, Abdul Aziz Yari, and had since then gone into oblivion. I can't even recall his name.

Never bite the hand that once fed you.

2019 election is almost here, we will see how it goes.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by grandstar(m): 11:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aburumah75:

I am Yoruba and I must tell you that i am stunned by the blatant and proud ignorance that is so pervasive.

Fulani, Hausa and Kanuris are all different. It makes no difference. They are either called Aboki or Mallam.

They would never call a rich Hausa man aboki. It is a term retained for the poor among them

1 Like

Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Tunji93: 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
Typical of we african. we seem to have an uncontrollable greed,and lust for power and control.
Why insist he toes the kwankasiyya line? why not allow him be his own man and perhaps form an even better government. Mr kwawanso should be a man, and rise above all these unnecessary trivialities and concentrate on the job in the senate.
Besides, how does Mr Tinubu plan to settle this grin
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by agabusta: 5:27am On Feb 25, 2018
Aburumah75:

Don't mind them. The internet has exposed how myopic and unloving they are. Ironically, they are the ones that'll be claiming with vigour other people hate them.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by agabusta: 5:40am On Feb 25, 2018
debosalau:
Ganduje's case will might turn out to be like the case of the immediate past governor of Zamfara State who kicked at Yerima after he became governor having been Yerima's deputy for 8years and the only deputy who later got to be a governor in 2007. He was replaced by the current governor, Abdul Aziz Yari, and had since then gone into oblivion. I can't even recall his name.

Never bite the hand that once fed you.

2019 election is almost here, we will see how it goes.

You guys are making this statement sound more irritating by the day.

This is politics, not master/slave relationship.

The fact that he served as his deputy is a pointer that he also had something to contribute to the collaboration.

People just don't select deputy for the sake of that. The deputy is strategically selected to add to the fortunes of the party during the elections.

In all ramifications, the deputy as a candidate and as part of the government also contributes to the success of the administration. More so, a very loyal one, that never gave his governor issues.

I just dont get this concept of governors doing their eight years and leaving, but they will be trying to teleguide the incumbent governor.

It doesn't make sense at all, and it is baffling that some people still try to support that with the irritating statement "don't bite fingers that fed you".

Let all governors leave the people that takes over them to chart their own course, and they won't be embarrassed. It's happening all over the country and just has to stop.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by agabusta: 5:46am On Feb 25, 2018
Sirjamo:
Oga, I for no answer you o, but dat Biafra wey you call me na him pain me for body because I be original oodua tokantokan. Back to the topic, take a trip to Kano (if you can) and see the massive infrastructure that Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso left for the people, what about human capital development: During his administration, an indigene just need to graduate with 2:1 and off he goes abroad for masters. The moment *mai barchi" (the sleepy one) got there, he stopped everything claiming no money while everyone know that Kano is only behind Lagos, Ogun and Rivers in terms of IGR. Mark my word, Ganduje can only retain his seat due to Buhari factor, otherwise, he's a goner

But you cannot compare the financial standing of states all over the country as of now to then??

The financial standing of the entire country dropped. Most states are even having challenges paying salaries not to talk of infrastructural development.
Re: How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 25, 2018
carpmam:
Just imagine,recycling of offices since 1970,does it mean that they are the only capable hands in kano state,useless govt,getting richer while d electorates are getting poorer

Excellent... Thought I was the only one who read that.. imagine taking away 48 years from kwankwaso's age and possibly ganduje's age...

As at 2018/1970 rulers are still waxing strong. We can as well say the 30's of now would possibly control Nigeria in 2058..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lekki Shootings: CNN Objects To Lagos Panel’s Invitation / Governor Ayo Fayose Visits The Awolowos (Photos) / Abubakar Ibrahim Joins Kogi Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.