Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC (24429 Views)

Arrest Of Saraki Will Divide APC, Says Wada Nas / 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash / APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Ekykool(m): 8:42am On Aug 17, 2013
MEMBERS of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are currently divided over who between former head of state and presidential candidate of the defunct Congress for Political Change (CPC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, will fly the party’s flag in the 2015 presidential election.

Saturday Tribune gathered that while influential figures in one of the constituent parties, the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (CAN), and some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) elements in the new merger party are strongly rooting for Tambuwal, Buhari still commands overwhelming following in the defunct CPC and ANPP.

A highly placed APC source in Jigawa State told the Saturday Tribune that Buhari’s following in the merger arrangement is so strong that at a recent meeting held in Kaduna, the former governor of Kano State, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, who could have posed a threat to Buhari’s candidature, was prevailed upon to step down for the retired General.

Those who are rooting for Buhari to fly the APC’s flag believe that he remains the strongest presidential material in the merger party that can effectively checkmate President Goodluck Jonathan or whoever the PDP presents for the 2015 presidential election.

The source, who preferred anonymity, told Saturday Tribune that both Buhari and Shekarau were persuaded at the meeting to forget whatever political differences existed between them and work as a formidable team for the success of the party.

However, some influential members of the defunct ACN, among them the national leader of the party, Bola Tinubu, and some governors on the party’s ticket, are said to favour Tambuwal’s candidature.

At a recent event in a South-West state, attended by Tambuwal, a state governor was said to have invited one of his friends to “come and meet our next president” (referring to Tambuwal, who had just arrived), giving an impression that the choice of Tambuwal as the APC standard bearer in 2015 election was a done deal.

“Those who are rooting for Tambuwal believe that he will be more politically marketable than Buhari, given his youthfulness; but with the retired General’s increasing popularity in the North, the fear is also real that the new party may sound its own death knell in the zone if it fails to field Buhari,” the source said.

The Interim National Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, has, however, denied that the party had started thinking of who would be the party’s presidential candidate.

“If we start thinking about that, we will start digging political well. We want to build a political structure. By the time the structure is solid, we will choose whoever will represent us in Aso Rock. I don’t think that will give us a problem,” he said in an interview last week.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/19335-2015-buhari

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by chaloner(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Give me sports news abeg

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by samuelkaykay(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2013
This political death is too early,its very clear APC cant wrestle power from PDP in 2015 but i want APC to give them a hot chase that will enable a proper wake-up.

20 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by samuelkaykay(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2013
chaloner: Give me sports news abeg
go to sports section,this is political forum.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by lateef4me(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2013
Abeg give am to Buhari jor and take Jonathan wins jare !

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Ekykool(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2013
Why must it be a northerner

23 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Honadeadek(m): 9:17am On Aug 17, 2013
Make I dey observe patiently cos the Learned constitute marginally 10% of Voters will d remaining 90% comprises the stark illiterates and educated illiterates who are after two bowls of Rice and other things. Finally, Let thy will be done O Lord.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by njideoby(f): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2013
So these 2 men are the best that APC can offer,that's too bad because both of them combined cannot equal half a win for APC against GEJ.
Mind you I'm no PDP supporter,but let the best candidate win.

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by solopumpy227: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2013
samuelkaykay: This political death is too early,its very clear APC cant wrestle power from PDP in 2015 but i want APC to give them a hot chase that will enable a proper wake-up.

Dont be too sure Brother. There is no doubt that the Southern organs of APC are more inclined to the young Speaker while the Northern organ seem to still have hope in Buhari.

Events in other main opposition camps (PDP and Northern Govs/OBJ) camps will shape how APC will manage Buhari/Tambuwal.

If PDP/GEJ managed to regain the loyalty of the North and Amaechi then APC may have no choice than to fly the most popular candidate- Buhari.

If the Northern PDP stuck to destroying GEJ 2015 ambition by weakening the PDP base in the North it will be strategic for APC to destroy PDP further by flying Tambuwal and still having Buhari leading the campaign in the North.

In summary "The Northern PDP Govs hold the ace to 2015 Presidential election"

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by solopumpy227: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2013
njideoby: So these 2 men are the best that APC can offer,that's too bad because both of them combined cannot equal half a win for APC against GEJ.
Mind you I'm no PDP supporter,but let the best candidate win.

My sister this is Nigeria- being the best candidate alone wont win an election here you need to be popular and be supported by powers that matter.

Tambuwal/Buhari are not the best candidates in APC but (by Nigerian standard) either of them is the most auspicious option for the new party if they really want to give PDP a good fight in 2015.

In 2011 Buhari alone (with absolutely NOTHING) was able to win ~12 Million votes while GEJ/PDP won the Presidential election with about ~22 Million votes.

Tambuwal (House of Reps Speaker) is a PDP Stalwart with a-more-than-normal followership in the Lower House. He is not the kind of candidate PDP want to loose to APC.

Do not forget the ACN/SW factor in APC too: these people in 2011 have 14 Million registered voters only second to Northwest.

9 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by israel007: 10:17am On Aug 17, 2013
Surely they shall gather...

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by princesammmy: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2013
Tinubu is not a true opposition but working for self, bet me, He will betray APC in 2015

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Standing5(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2013
It is perfeectly normal that people disagree to agree. unlike some who agree only to backstab. APC!
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Aedesmuskeeto: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2013
zibi2: :oQuran...Muhammad's Own Words:

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a religion....
mtcheww

dude, for pete's sake,
How is this post related to the thread

4cking get a life kid...

12 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Caleboha(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
Internal wrangling for the APC presidential ticket is on already, Mr Akande cannot deceive us! Choosing Buhari or failing to do so could seal APC's doom. Let us be honest with oursleves, this Alliance is a fragile one. I foresee hurricane utor sweeping APC to oblivion and complete non existence! When we recall the demise of APC, we must not forget the cause: A blend of Buhari's popularity in the north and his selfishness!

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Tundeajani(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2013

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a religion....
my brother you need education on a field of islamic knowledge called tafsir..the glorious quran is not your kind of nigerian newspaper you read and end up speculating without a knowledge of the deeper content of facts.i refer you to scholars, islam textbooks,internet(not sites which twists facts to blackmail the religion of peace with negative propangadas) to go and make research why these verses where revealed and their meanings ( other than the one opened to your veiled eyes) BOTTOM LINE;The quran is not macmillian,neither is it a newspaper nor any other books,it is a divine book with contents comprehensible to a sound,non-mischief minded individual with a deep and verse knowledge of the tafsir..good day.God bless you,bless me,bless seun osewa and all nairalanders worldwide and our parents.one love.we are brothers.

32 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
So, after all the deafening noises made about the birth of this "messianic" party, they're still looking up to PDP for their best candidate? Someone tell me it's a lie.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by olabukola: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
Okoro2015: So, after all the deafening noises made about the birth of this "messianic" party, they're still looking up to PDP for their best candidate? Someone tell me it's a lie.
PDP contesting against PDP and some people are telling us that we know have two parties.
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by talktimi(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
Whats so difficult about holding party primaries where these guys can test their popularity and besides why does the APC have to get its best candidate from the "EVIL" PDP ? Yeye dey smell
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by jmoore(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2013
lol, I knew the "merger" was a failure
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2013
oh opc sorry apc

I giff up!!!
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by mrofficial(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2013
Na wa ooo.
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
buhari
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by figment232(m): 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
solopumpy227:

Dont be too sure Brother. There is no doubt that the Southern organs of APC are more inclined to the young Speaker while the Northern organ seem to still have hope in Buhari.

Events in other main opposition camps (PDP and Northern Govs/OBJ) camps will shape how APC will manage Buhari/Tambuwal.

If PDP/GEJ managed to regain the loyalty of the North and Amaechi then APC may have no choice than to fly the most popular candidate- Buhari.

If the Northern PDP stuck to destroying GEJ 2015 ambition by weakening the PDP base in the North it will be strategic for APC to destroy PDP further by flying Tambuwal and still having Buhari leading the campaign in the North.

Rubbish! d northern govs dnt hold any ace.Meanwhile Ameachi is inconsequential to GEJ 2015 pursuits.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
In Governor Rochas Okorocha's voice:
"APC is not a Muslim party, neither is it a Northern or Western Nigeria Party, it is a party for Igbos as well, this is a party where our dream(Igbo President come 2015) will be actualized"
smh at Okorocha.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by delors(m): 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2013

Anobi Alfa, wetin happen? Na politics we dey discuss here o abeg. No be Ile-keu be this
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by PassingShot(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
Okoro2015: So, after all the deafening noises made about the birth of this "messianic" party, they're still looking up to PDP for their best candidate? Someone tell me it's a lie.

It's not about personalities sometimes my friend. more often than not, it's about party manifestos and ideology. PDP has no manifesto that is masses oriented from day one. So, a good politician may find himself in PDP and still fail to perform; whereas a somewhat average politician may find himself in APC or any other good party and perform wonders as a result of the party's robust manifesto and structures.

As for me and my household, I can never vote PDP at national level. It is anything but PDP (ABPDP) since after the tenure of OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by kunle4toyeyaho: 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
solopumpy227:

bros,u are a good political analyst.keep it up
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
The struggle for the heart of the delta: APC a political gamble.

As the notion of illusion of my
nation reach my mind, by the bridge.
I ponder why the fatherless die,
When the delta is filled with rigs
pumping wealth, from all its fertile land.

While America merry with wine,
I wonder at the game of England
When the Niger people cannot dine.
Ye bridge holding these wealthy race,
as if this will stop all the rising pain.
And this hatred for the northerner face,
birthed a mob that rose in the rain.

And this bridge that held my people
was stormed by a wave of ripple.

The creeks have always known the man that has raped her. She is ashamed to admit it that this man moves freely amongst just men. She was once a virgin, filled with pride and grace. She worked around and every man dreamed of her being is wife because of her beauty and how men lust to have her in their beds.

She fell ill and all was done to save her but the native doctor couldn’t save her and almost when all thought she would die the white doctor came ashore to preach peace and economic boom with his country and the people of the creeks.

As a people of hospitality they were happy to meet a new kind of humans and the medicine he brought to cure their dying virgin. She was taken to the doctor who administered the right prescriptions and all praise his God that has made the creeks alive again.

Unknowing to the creek the white man had other motives as he began to trade and relate with the creek. He was her very first rapist, who took her virginity and when he knew he was being discovered he sold her to her new master from the north.

There goes her virginity and pride has she became a sex slave to feed the lust of her former master through her northern master.

She had had different masters all coming with different promises on how she will be happy again if she allows them to be her only lover.

There came the civil war and again she was tricked into believing she will have a good life and like the naïve girl she is she allowed herself to be lured once again since she feared the new master coming from the east and would be comfortable with the old master she has known from the north.

She stayed loyal to every master till the coming of her new master during the 1999 election where she was promised by the PDP a lot of goodies. From 1999 till date she has served his lust and bore him so much economic boom, while her lands has being a place of burial and her people a people who are happy from the crumbs being offered her.
She is so insecure and wishes all her lovers will only be truthful to her.

A new lover is around the corner calling his name APC. He has come with a manner of gifts. He has promised her a clean environment, nice social amenities, a better share in the affairs of the nation, and a fair shares in the control of her virginity.

Like a woman who has being raped over and over again, she is in deep thoughts because with the present master she is beginning to know how to use what she has to get what she wants.

Call her a prostitute and she will gladly accept it has she has no one to defend her only the lust these masters crave for can she use as a weapon to bargain how she should be treated and loved.

PDP is here we know him and with his lust for the creeks virginity we have being able to control him but APC is coming can we trust him to treat and love us better. The creek is watching this new master and if he is good enough, maybe we would take off our skirts for him to have us raped once again.

9 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC by Youngzedd(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
israel007: Surely they shall gather...

For sure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Swearing In Of Yahaya Bello As Governor Of Kogi State - Live Updates / Atiku’s Witness Says He Needs Inec’s Permission To Read ‘server Documents / VP Shettima Appoints Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, Rukaiya El-Rufai, 16 Others As Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.