Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (41210 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Folorunso Alakija Meets With TD Jakes At House On The Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by mike1994reds: 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nonsense, to start with I'm not hating on her success or anything like that but it make me sick to the stomach when they attribute everything to God as if God has an hand in iniquity , they make the upright ones believe something is wrong with them, how did a mere uneducated fashion designer got an oil block in the first place if not through corruption enshrined in the country,

5 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Haganah: 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
ikukuhero:

I almost liked your comment until I saw the thrash u spewed about Oyedepo and Adeboye.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by mike1994reds: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Burgerlomo:
I claim that prayer by faith in Jesus name. Amen
Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by chuksjuve(m): 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
Angelanest:
Nigeria’s richest woman, Folorunso Alakija, has revealed how the oil block which allocated and licensed to her company came to be the chief cornerstone in West Africa and Africa as a whole after initially being rejected by most oil companies years ago.

Mrs. Alakija also revealed how her company fought the government in court for 12 years over profit sharing and became victorious as she attributed the victory to God.

Below is what the Oil tycoon and billionaire shared on her social media page;

My encounter with the glory of God... When I got to my wit’s end, I covenanted with God for blessings in return for a life long work and walk with Him.

To say that I did not see HIS Glory come into my life would mean I have turned God into a liar. It is only God who could have brought me from the back burner to the front burner. He Himself orchestrated and organized by divine intervention, the beginning and continuation of our delving into the oil industry.

The oil block allocated and licensed to us was not wanted by any oil company; we accepted it by faith and it has become the chief cornerstone in West African and Africa as a whole. The Government came back to “take” 50% out of our 60%, but after a 12 year battle in court, all was restored to the glory of God.

God has continued to be faithful as to be expected and I am here today as part of my fulfillment of my obligations to that covenant.

Therefore Receive the anointing to prosper. Receive the anointing for God’s Glory. Receive the anointing for God to single you out for upliftment and promotion.

Don’t lose heart, don’t lose hope……………Await that coming glory upon you in Jesus Name AMEN!

#FamfaOilLimited
#FolorunsoAlakija
#DaughterOfZiom

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/nigerias-richest-woman-folorunso-alakija-thanks-god-oil-block-photos.html

This woman is just trying to force herself to motivate , where as no one cares about what she trying to say because we operate a fraudulent structure and patronage system where things don't work as expected..

The earlier she keeps her testimony shut and firm to herself..
The sooner she would be disgraced by those in the know of the fraudulent system that made her who she is today..

Madam.. Enjoy your "blessings" in peace and stop trying to shove it down out throat..

Thanks...

Check my profile ..

Landscape, Beautifications and gardening service is our area of specialty..

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by femi4: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Even people that read petroleum engineering for school no get oil block. One illiterate come dey brag here

11 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Jethrolite(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
ednut1:
I remember when i dey find work. I go her site. Disclaimer there said famfa oil does not place vacancies. Am like who con dey work der grin
Famfa oil is a company created for profit sharing, she can not use her name directly to enter into such profit sharing contract. It is her technical partners that actually have a functioning company you should be looking for job at.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by redsun(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ole! God blessed you by robbing the unborn infants of Nigeria to pay you. The wealth you are calling yours belongs to the whole country and in a normal country you are nothing but a traitor that should be locked up for good.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by julitoch: 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
Amen, I receive the anointing to prosper and be singled out for lifting
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Mouthgag: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Bolustical:

If I say you're stupid now, it'll seem as if I'm overreacting. So, Igbos too don't own oil blocs in the SS? Abi, tell us what the South East contributes to Agriculture, Revenues from Oil and Tax.

Statistics have shown over time that Igbos are the biggest parasites in the country.

Compare and contrast the economic relevance of Enugu and Imo with that of Abuja, Kano, Rivers, Lagos, Ogun and Akwa Ibom.
Shut the fùck up and stop being a dolt.
It's not about the tribe of the person that 'owns' the oil bloc. The issue issue is that, I think it is ridiculous for one person to own it.
It should be a property of the community or the entire state.

3 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Codes151(m): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
i spit on this country>>>>>>>>>>>> nigeria

wat a country! oil bloc na person gt am
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by MONITZ: 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
metroid:

A little bird said somewhere that it was IBB not Obasanjo

http://sett.com/greenlight/44451

I think it was actually IBB that gave her the block because of her closeness to Maryam Babaginda,it might be that when Obj now came on board he collected it from her and later gave her back just like he did with so many other oil bloc owners...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Mouthgag: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
dreamwords:
Ewedu and oil
Osu alusi oru ume oil.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by skales67(m): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
You omitted the part where IBB sampled and rumpled your punany when he was in power before gifting you the oil block. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by anochuko01(m): 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
abeg, lemme say AMEN!!! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
y'all can keep on fighting.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by tiwiex(m): 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
Jethrolite:
Famfa oil is a company created for profit sharing, she can not use her name directly to enter into such profit sharing contract. It is her technical partners that actually have a functioning company you should be looking for job at.
So she really does nothing. No job creation to Nigerians and no work to do? Sounds like rent seeking.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Trexnemesis(m): 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mouthgag:
Rubbish

What kind of stupìd government and law do we have in this country?

How can one single person own an oil bloc?
Something that is supposed to belong to a community or an entire state?
Yet, all the communities around this oil blocs continue to live in penury.

Woe betide Ibb and Obj

OBJ has nothing to do with the allocation. IBB did, for a reason best known to him and definitely not in d interest of Nigeria. OBJ made attempts to get it back for the country but was stopped by the courts.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Conceptman: 3:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
I celebrate you ma so that someone will celebrate me too. Amen; Call for your Aluminium windows. Tel:2349034377258
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Mouthgag: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Trexnemesis:

OBJ has nothing to do with the allocation. IBB did, for a reason best known to him and definitely not in d interest of Nigeria. OBJ made attempts to get it back for the country but was stopped by the courts.
You're wrong
Before 2004, obj allocated several oil blocs to his friends, families and concubines.

Even the bakassi peninsula we lost to Cameroun was as a result of that oil fool's recklessness and carelessness.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by tunjijones(m): 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Haganah:
Mouthgag thanks a lot.

I can assure you that this woman has never been to this area in the last 15 years. Yet the owners of the land and its recourses have nothing to gain from it.

Nnamdi Kanu was hated because he said the truth. Thieves and lazy parasites want to continue to steal from the SS/SE due to a corrupt political and military system.

Cursed is anyone who supports the continuous exploitation of these lands for the benefit of strangers.

Bros south south is not a part of south east. U guys shd stop lumping them together.

4 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by asawanathegreat(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2018
I tap in her blessings
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Odingo1: 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
tunjijones:

Bros south south is not a part of south east. U guys shd stop lumping them together.
But the north is always lumped together and you will not say anything, when they finish developing the chad basin oil will you say that NE is not part of NW shocked tongue
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by kaziblake(f): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
May the Lord continue to bless you ma..the mother to orphans,fatherless and motherless..
Rose of Sharon foundation..

4 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by franzis(m): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
room089:
Meeeeeehn!

The pastor wey get this mama for church don chop be dat o!
she get her own church
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
ivandragon:
hmm...

well, [s]when God blesses you, regardless of how He does it or what other means it was gotten, it is good to give thanks.[/s]

just ensure you use your wealthy to touch lives meaningfully,

Nonsense.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by maisauki: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
12 what?!
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by wailersarefools: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
A hustler without shop is richer than her. Pointzerom can explain better.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by tehinse1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
[quote author=EazyMoh post=65337067]I thought northerners owned all the oil blocks.
The North owned the entire country not only the oil blocks.
By the way, madam alakija was formal fashion designer to mariam babagida. She got the oil block partially own by the babangida's through the late formal 1st lady.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by tehinse1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
=EazyMoh=I thought northerners owned all the oil blocks.
The North owned the entire country not only the oil blocks.
By the way, madam alakija was formal fashion designer to mariam babagida. She got the oil block partially own by the babangida's through the late formal 1st lady.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Judolisco(m): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mouthgag:
Rubbish

Woe betide Ibb and Obj
this is d most sensible comment m reading dhis month

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mouthgag:
Rubbish

Woe betide Ibb and Obj

We hereby gladly welcome u to Federal Republic Of Shithole.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by tehinse1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
author=Trexnemesis =

Well known fact...... Exactly.... It was even thoughlady formal 1st lady that facilitate the whole thing for the alakija through her husband the then head of state IBB
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Jethrolite(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
tiwiex:

So she really does nothing. No job creation to Nigerians and no work to do? Sounds like rent seeking.
What else before. They are part of the problem of Nigeria. NNPC is like that too if not for NPDC. Everybody wants to be receiving alert for no work done. They are the ones who planted that state of mind in Ijaw and Itsekiri youths that will not work but expect to earn a fat monthly salary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Installation Of Automated Machines For Manufacturin Of Shoes In Anambra (Photos) / How Much Do You Make Weekly Or Monthly, And How? / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.