Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,150 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (41220 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Folorunso Alakija Meets With TD Jakes At House On The Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Angelanest:
Nigeria’s richest woman, Folorunso Alakija, has revealed how the oil block which allocated and licensed to her company came to be the chief cornerstone in West Africa and Africa as a whole after initially being rejected by most oil companies years ago.

Mrs. Alakija also revealed how her company fought the government in court for 12 years over profit sharing and became victorious as she attributed the victory to God.

Below is what the Oil tycoon and billionaire shared on her social media page;

My encounter with the glory of God... When I got to my wit’s end, I covenanted with God for blessings in return for a life long work and walk with Him.

To say that I did not see HIS Glory come into my life would mean I have turned God into a liar. It is only God who could have brought me from the back burner to the front burner. He Himself orchestrated and organized by divine intervention, the beginning and continuation of our delving into the oil industry.

The oil block allocated and licensed to us was not wanted by any oil company; we accepted it by faith and it has become the chief cornerstone in West African and Africa as a whole. The Government came back to “take” 50% out of our 60%, but after a 12 year battle in court, all was restored to the glory of God.

God has continued to be faithful as to be expected and I am here today as part of my fulfillment of my obligations to that covenant.

Therefore Receive the anointing to prosper. Receive the anointing for God’s Glory. Receive the anointing for God to single you out for upliftment and promotion.

Don’t lose heart, don’t lose hope……………Await that coming glory upon you in Jesus Name AMEN!

#FamfaOilLimited
#FolorunsoAlakija
#DaughterOfZiom

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/nigerias-richest-woman-folorunso-alakija-thanks-god-oil-block-photos.html

U Fed fat on Niger delta oil.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by holarthayor(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
ok
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by luluman: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mouthgag:
Rubbish
What kind of stupìd government and law do we have in this country?

How can one single person own an oil bloc? Something that is supposed to belong to a community or an entire state? Yet, all the communities around this oil blocs continue to live in penury.

Woe betide Ibb and Obj
I spot Naija delta.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Bolustical:

If I say you're stupid now, it'll seem as if I'm overreacting. So, Igbos too don't own oil blocs in the SS? Abi, tell us what the South East g to Agriculture, Revenues from Oil and Tax.

Statistics have shown over time that Igbos are the biggest parasites in the country.

Compare and contrast the economic relevance of Enugu and Imo with that of Abuja, Kano, Rivers, Lagos, Ogun and Akwa Ibom.

""So, Igbos too don't own oil blocs in the SS?""

Can u list the igbos that own oil blocks in the SS?

Meanwhile only 1 Igbo man owns an oil block in nigeria.

It's crime for 1 individual to own oil blocks that can feed an entire state for hundred years. It's pure evil.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by delzbaba(m): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
That oil block is her whole existence,without it she feels she's nothing.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by bejeria101(m): 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
When pple like dis run their mouths,you wonder why the youths do and engage in all sorts to get money! Madam na our national wealth you dey take make noise,when they collect it no talk say you be widow!

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by room089: 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
franzis:
she get her own church

Uncle franc, biko wetin be name of the church? Maybe I fit join 'worker'.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by santricedupas(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
fulani tribe , resources is cow, sheep, goat, horse. they have 100% control of it, they don't pay taxes for every cow sold, government do not collect royalty for grazing and feeding.
but government will come to southern nigeria and be taking vat, taxes, land use, royalty from southern Nigerians and be living large on it. I support the control of resources of each state by itself. they will charge taxes on alcohol, brothel they will share it for northern states and if you want to open brothel beer parlour for north you will be hearing haram and sharia. what is the economy of northern nigeria generating into the federal government purse.

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by arent88(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
Haganah:
Mouthgag thanks a lot.

I can assure you that this woman has never been to this area in the last 15 years. Yet the owners of the land and its recourses have nothing to gain from it.

Nnamdi Kanu was hated because he said the truth. Thieves and lazy parasites want to continue to steal from the SS/SE due to a corrupt political and military system.

Cursed is anyone who supports the continuous exploitation of these lands for the benefit of strangers.
pls wat are they stealing from the south east.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by EazyMoh(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
tehinse1:
=EazyMoh=I thought northerners owned all the oil blocks.
The North owned the entire country not only the oil blocks.
By the way, madam alakija was formal fashion designer to mariam babagida. She got the oil block partially own by the babangida's through the late formal 1st lady.
Oga it's former not formal.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by erico2k2(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mouthgag:
Rubbish

How can one single person own an oil bloc?
Something that is supposed to belong to a community or an entire state?
Yet, all the communities around this oil blocs continue to live in penury.

Woe betide Ibb and Obj
And she is even praising God for it. What has she done as a person for the communities surrounding this Bloc ? ,I bet you any money this Bloc is somewhere btw Bayelsa Rivers and Delta
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
Bolustical:

If I say you're stupid now, it'll seem as if I'm overreacting. So, Igbos too don't own oil blocs in the SS? Abi, tell us what the South East contributes to Agriculture, Revenues from Oil and Tax.

Statistics have shown over time that Igbos are the biggest parasites in the country.

Compare and contrast the economic relevance of Enugu and Imo with that of Abuja, Kano, Rivers, Lagos, Ogun and Akwa Ibom.
thunder fire your mouth to million

#IGBOWESTAND
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by ivandragon: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
Haganah:
Did a living thing type this?

The wealth of a people is stolen and given to a stranger and you call it the blessing of God?

Is this why there is a loud cry for one Nigeria. So that an unjust structure will continue to benefit from where it shouldn’t?

No wonder Adeboye, Oyedepo and co conveniently steal from the poor all in the name of God!

Nigeria remains a cursed country as long as people think like you!!!

you are a deluded nonentity.

your kind would be quick to praise a tinubu & you come here to open your trashy trap.

she has gotten her wealth & nobody has come forward to say she did 419 or pushed drugs or held a political office to enrich herself.

you retarded hypocrites can insinuate all you want about here connections to those in power at the time, but fact remains that every major billionaire in Nigeria enjoyed one form of government patronage or the other.

so rather than hate on her, go do something worthwhile with you pitiful existence...

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by BABANGBALI: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
Angelanest:
cc; lalasticlala
is he one of her houseboys?
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
This is why I wan start my billionaire journey in Agriculture
So that nobody will be pointing finger I was given Agricultural license by Okorocha or Tinubu

#billionairegang
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nukilia: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
This is nice... Nigerians don suffer grin
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Lajet: 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
autotrader014:
Too much money..

Madam pls come collect one Toy from us lets celebrate your court victory.. grin grin

Oga please what is the name of this Mercedes benz car
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by leviaka: 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2018
Tribalistic woman she has this deep hatred for the igbo's, she owns rose of Sharon at adeniran ogunsanya I v known About your oil blocks b4 you start spilling it out
Every igbo's should beware when dealing with her
Her tribal hatred for igbo's is so deep I will not be surprised if she works against our interest as a people
Let us beware of her type.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by AreaFada2: 4:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Haganah:
Did a living thing type this?

The wealth of a people is stolen and given to a stranger and you call it the blessing of God?

Is this why there is a loud cry for one Nigeria. So that an unjust structure will continue to benefit from where it shouldn’t?

No wonder Adeboye, Oyedepo and co conveniently steal from the poor all in the name of God!

Nigeria remains a cursed country as long as people think like you!!!

9ja is a messed up country. So called leaders awarded oil blocs and contracts to cronies, relatives and girlfriends.

Let her be yarning rubbish there.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by chijokz(m): 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
ivandragon:
hmm...

well, when God blesses you, regardless of how He does it or what other means it was gotten, it is good to give thanks.

just ensure you use your wealthy to touch lives meaningfully,
Exactly..But I can imagine how many Naija pastors will be hustling for her to attend their church and pay her tithe, sow seeds, first fruit.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Escravos(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mouthgag:
Rubbish

How can one single person own an oil bloc?
Something that is supposed to belong to a community or an entire state?
Yet, all the communities around this oil blocs continue to live in penury.

Woe betide Ibb and Obj
why didn't the community or state invest in or develop the oil bloc
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by franzis(m): 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
room089:

Uncle franc, biko wetin be name of the church? Maybe I fit join 'worker'.

Rose Of Sharon Glorious Ministry International
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by bedspread: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
Angelanest:
Nigeria’s richest woman, Folorunso Alakija, has revealed how the oil block which allocated and licensed to her company came to be the chief cornerstone in West Africa and Africa as a whole after initially being rejected by most oil companies years ago.

Mrs. Alakija also revealed how her company fought the government in court for 12 years over profit sharing and became victorious as she attributed the victory to God.

Below is what the Oil tycoon and billionaire shared on her social media page;

My encounter with the glory of God... When I got to my wit’s end, I covenanted with God for blessings in return for a life long work and walk with Him.

To say that I did not see HIS Glory come into my life would mean I have turned God into a liar. It is only God who could have brought me from the back burner to the front burner. He Himself orchestrated and organized by divine intervention, the beginning and continuation of our delving into the oil industry.

The oil block allocated and licensed to us was not wanted by any oil company; we accepted it by faith and it has become the chief cornerstone in West African and Africa as a whole. The Government came back to “take” 50% out of our 60%, but after a 12 year battle in court, all was restored to the glory of God.

God has continued to be faithful as to be expected and I am here today as part of my fulfillment of my obligations to that covenant.

Therefore Receive the anointing to prosper. Receive the anointing for God’s Glory. Receive the anointing for God to single you out for upliftment and promotion.

Don’t lose heart, don’t lose hope……………Await that coming glory upon you in Jesus Name AMEN!

#FamfaOilLimited
#FolorunsoAlakija
#DaughterOfZiom

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/nigerias-richest-woman-folorunso-alakija-thanks-god-oil-block-photos.html
AMENN
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by room089: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
franzis:

Rose Of Sharon Glorious Ministry International

Uncle Franc I twale for you o!

You sef gada info like this!
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by leviaka: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""So, Igbos too don't own oil blocs in the SS?""

Can u list the igbos that own oil blocks in the SS?

Meanwhile only 1 Igbo man owns an oil block in Nigeria

Look at a Yoruba talking we have Igbo speaking ss in rivers and delta
Restructure Nigeria with resource control and let's see how many people will remain in your Lagos
Look at a parasite calling oil owners parasites go to obigbo, ndoki, egbema, oguta, etc the oil they produce there is helping your parasitic tribe
When a motion was moved in the house of assembly for oil companies to relocate to there area of operations, the sw people fought against it, bc they know the effect of it on there Lagos,
They fought against the Igbo's in Biafrans war so they can steal part of the oil money and develop Lagos with oil money, Eko bridge , stadium ,national theater and several structures
You have the same faith with northerners as the poorest regions that is why you always cooperate with them, your faith has been determined already ,restructuring will expose your poorverty stricken region
Nothing in this world will make me see you Yoruba's and core north as an ally , you will always remain my enemies, my prayer is let my children not be in the same country with yours in the future, remain in your lands and let me be in mine, go your way let me go mine own way,I hate you and the core north so much it irritates me to be called Nigerias with you people
I can't stand you people, you all make me sick

It's crime for 1 individual to own oil blocks that can feed an entire state for hundred years. It's pure evil.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Mouthgag: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
luluman:
I spot Naija delta.
Ọ́dẹ́ niẹ

Everything must not be about tribalism.
Use your brain
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Mouthgag: 5:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Escravos:
why didn't the community or state invest in or develop the oil bloc
Is that the reason you can't be reasonable?
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by ivandragon: 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Blackfyre:

Nonsense.

lol...

empty barrels...
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Ogunleti01: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2018
dreamwords:
Ewedu and oil
ogbono and mud!
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
ivandragon:

lol...

empty barrels...

How?
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by ivandragon: 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
Blackfyre:

How?

those who cross out other people's comments are usually empty 'upstairs', so you know where you belong.
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
ivandragon:

[s]those who cross out other people's comments are usually empty 'upstairs', so you know where you belong[/s].

Okay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Installation Of Automated Machines For Manufacturin Of Shoes In Anambra (Photos) / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / Obi Cubana To Give 20 Classmates N2 Million Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.