Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (41197 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Folorunso Alakija Meets With TD Jakes At House On The Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Angelanest: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nigeria’s richest woman, Folorunso Alakija, has revealed how the oil block which allocated and licensed to her company came to be the chief cornerstone in West Africa and Africa as a whole after initially being rejected by most oil companies years ago.

Mrs. Alakija also revealed how her company fought the government in court for 12 years over profit sharing and became victorious as she attributed the victory to God.

Below is what the Oil tycoon and billionaire shared on her social media page;

My encounter with the glory of God... When I got to my wit’s end, I covenanted with God for blessings in return for a life long work and walk with Him.

To say that I did not see HIS Glory come into my life would mean I have turned God into a liar. It is only God who could have brought me from the back burner to the front burner. He Himself orchestrated and organized by divine intervention, the beginning and continuation of our delving into the oil industry.

The oil block allocated and licensed to us was not wanted by any oil company; we accepted it by faith and it has become the chief cornerstone in West African and Africa as a whole. The Government came back to “take” 50% out of our 60%, but after a 12 year battle in court, all was restored to the glory of God.

God has continued to be faithful as to be expected and I am here today as part of my fulfillment of my obligations to that covenant.

Therefore Receive the anointing to prosper. Receive the anointing for God’s Glory. Receive the anointing for God to single you out for upliftment and promotion.

Don’t lose heart, don’t lose hope……………Await that coming glory upon you in Jesus Name AMEN!

#FamfaOilLimited
#FolorunsoAlakija
#DaughterOfZiom

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/nigerias-richest-woman-folorunso-alakija-thanks-god-oil-block-photos.html

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Angelanest: 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by ivandragon: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
hmm...

well, when God blesses you, regardless of how He does it or what other means it was gotten, it is good to give thanks.

just ensure you use your wealthy to touch lives meaningfully,

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Mouthgag: 3:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Rubbish

What kind of stupìd government and law do we have in this country?

How can one single person own an oil bloc?
Something that is supposed to belong to a community or an entire state?
Yet, all the communities around this oil blocs continue to live in penury.

Woe betide Ibb and Obj

155 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by dreamwords: 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ewedu and oil
No wonder dey like one Nigeria with their barren land

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by IgboticGirl(f): 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
lol...

bla bla bla

somebody Obasanjo dash oil block

abeg hide ur face

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Haganah: 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mouthgag thanks a lot.

I can assure you that this woman has never been to this area in the last 15 years. Yet the owners of the land and its recourses have nothing to gain from it.

Nnamdi Kanu was hated because he said the truth. Thieves and lazy parasites want to continue to steal from the SS/SE due to a corrupt political and military system.

Cursed is anyone who supports the continuous exploitation of these lands for the benefit of strangers.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Haganah: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Did a living thing type this?

The wealth of a people is stolen and given to a stranger and you call it the blessing of God?

Is this why there is a loud cry for one Nigeria. So that an unjust structure will continue to benefit from where it shouldn’t?

No wonder Adeboye, Oyedepo and co conveniently steal from the poor all in the name of God!

Nigeria remains a cursed country as long as people think like you!!!

ivandragon:
hmm...

well, when God blesses you, regardless of how He does it or what other means it was gotten, it is good to give thanks,

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Jozzy1063: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Does she have one quarter of my wealth. Rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by VirginFinder: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Where are the pigs from yeast to come express sheer envy

Nwaamaipe should be ignored completely.
With time, he will disappear without trace.

4 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by autotrader014(m): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
Too much money..

Madam pls come collect one Toy from us lets celebrate your court victory.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by lastempero: 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
Go and find who to deceive not me anyway you and your generation should enjoy your oil block.ain't hating ma.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
ok, Thank God for your life.........................

I remember years back when me and 3 of my friends were seeking admission into the Nigerian Defense Academy, then one of us who was the shortest among us then and was not even up to 1.65m(the required height) and wasn't even as fit as me finally got admitted into NDA......... when we asked him "guy how manage, how come say as you short reach, NDA still collect you", the guy replied " o boy na God ooo nothing else, even me self surprise"................... it was later we discovered that the guy's contact was directly from Gen. Edet Okon, the then NDA commandant.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Mekanus(m): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by olatade(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Jozzy1063:
Does she have one quarter of my wealth. Rubbish

hehehe, you don see one million before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Burgerlomo: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
I claim that prayer by faith in Jesus name. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by Dollyak(f): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Where is the revelation? She is merely stating her challenges and nothing more. Her success story so far, does appear misleading and missing a lot of details.

How she found herself in a position to secure an oil block is the more interesting story.

44 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by henricson(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
IgboticGirl:
lol...

bla bla bla

Get your facts correctly. Released

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by omooba969(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by EazyMoh(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
I thought northerners owned all the oil blocks.

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
It is an abomination to steal from the poor and pretend to give to God.

#PastorsMustRepent
#StudyYourBible
#GodsJudgmentIsHere
#WorshipGodAndNotYourPastor

God owns the universe and doesn't need your money.

#Fact

5 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by yomalex(m): 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
hmm
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by SaiPapa: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
IgboticGirl:
lol...

bla bla bla

That is the thing here. She is gloating a bit. All the talk of I did not go to uni etc etc can be misleading to youth. There is a lack of context ! She was a smart Networker. Got close to IBB them and Jubril Aminu gave her the block. Calling her fashion tycoon and the like is sycophancy.

The lady has a stake in agbami. Lol naija is funny. Anybody with a stake in agbami will be wealthy overnight. Illiterate or literate. It is just a matter of days passing and barrels being sold.

Somebody will read this and call me a hater. Notwithstanding that her unguarded utterances can mislead youth to form faulty preconceived notions about wealth creation ! How many girls out there now can boast of being paddy paddy with First Ladies. And this day and age nobody without the cap requirements and equipment infrastructure is gonna get a block. Madam was lucky ! God bless her tho I guess.

But the faux praise offered to her is .... worthy of an eye roll or two.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by room089: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
Meeeeeehn!

The pastor wey get this mama for church don chop be dat o!

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by wasyou: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
shocked
Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by ednut1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
I remember when i dey find work. I go her site. Disclaimer there said famfa oil does not place vacancies. Am like who con dey work der grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by DidierDrogba: 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
VirginFinder:
Where are the pigs from yeast come express sheer envy

Nwaamaipe should be ignored completely.
you are such a big fool

6 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by metroid(m): 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
IgboticGirl:
lol...

bla bla bla

A little bird said somewhere that it was IBB not Obasanjo

http://sett.com/greenlight/44451

5 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by ikukuhero: 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
Haganah:
Did a living thing type this?

The wealth of a people is stolen and given to a stranger and you call it the blessing of God?

Is this why there is a loud cry for one Nigeria. So that an unjust structure will continue to benefit from where it shouldn’t?

No wonder Adeboye, Oyedepo and co conveniently steal from the poor all in the name of God!

Nigeria remains a cursed country as long as people think like you!!!

I almost liked your comment until I saw the thrash u spewed about Oyedepo and Adeboye.

9 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by divineappo(m): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
after some pple will give Blow~Job to get oil block, they will now be giving glory to God.
Lol

Anyways, am not hating sha.

Cold Pressed Moringa Oil for sale
#8,300 per litre
100% organic and unrefined

7 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman by mccoy47(m): 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mtcheeeeeeeew..
IBB's ashawo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Installation Of Automated Machines For Manufacturin Of Shoes In Anambra (Photos) / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.