Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History (872 Views)

Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest / Abacha Biggest Thief In World History’ – Omokri Replies El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by EazyMoh(m): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
Yesterday there was a thread about conquest of Hausaland by Uthman Dan Fodio early in the 19th century. Despite the fact the thread was an incomplete narrative what lead to the overthrow of most Hausa kings, what captivated me was the barrage of insults and attacks on the native Hausa people by any commentators on Why the Hausa do not rebel and attack the Fulani who are still active members of Hausaland.
They lament how Fulani used religion to subdue the Hausa Kingdoms despite their small numbers and away disadvantages. They called Hausa people all sort of derogatory names many even boasting of being the final force that halted Dan Fodio's Jihad
Any attempt to clarify that Dan Fodio's Jihad was about the best thing to have happened to Hausa, they brush it aside as a victor's version of history.
Permit me to draw our attention to How human history has always being shaped...
Conquests, migrations, alliances, marriages, genocides, enslavement, religious conversions, colonizations and many more factors have always changed the course of people and their history. For example rampant conquest/colonization of African people and their lands was formerlized during the Berlin conference in 1885.
Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by EazyMoh(m): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
What baffled me was the venom with which the ignorant and hypocritical commentators were attacking Hausa people claiming the Fulani have erased Hausa culture and identity (in as much this couldn't be further from the truth).
The big question is what have those people done to the European colonialists who have done 100 times more than what the Fulani did to Hausaland?
They converted you to their religion, you speak their language and answer their names. Some of you even with the whitemen never left.
Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by EazyMoh(m): 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
In conclusion, Conquests had been a part and parcel of every society, you can't keep harboring hatred for your conquerors rather it is best to make use of a bad situation which the Hausa people have tremendously done with respect to Dan Fodio's Jihad. Hausaland became United, industry and commerce boomed, literacy rate skyrocketed, heavy taxation of the masses was abolished and the land and it's people have never been the same.
Ironically even the Caliphate with its Fulani dynasty was also conquered in 1903 by the Europeans who also stripped the Fulani rulers of all and any executive power reducing them to ceremonial figureheads.
There are thousands of societies who are conquered by one force or the other throughout history, many of which are still dominated by their conquerors and have moved on, changed and integrated with their conquistadors.
Biggest example are conquest of the Americas and Australia. Despite the fact that the conquistadors pillaged and looted the indigenous peoples of these lands reducing their population by up to 90%! And still holding sway in their lands, the indigenous people do not view their present day countrymen European origin as enemies nor view them with hate.
Peace out!

1 Like

Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by oyatz(m): 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
So what's the way forward sir?
Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by SHAKABOOM: 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2018
EazyMoh:
What baffled me was the venom with which the ignorant and hypocritical commentators were attacking Hausa people claiming the Fulani have erased Hausa culture and identity (in as much this couldn't be further from the truth).
The big question is what have those people done to the European colonialists who have done 100 times more than what the Fulani did to Hausaland?
They converted you to their religion, you speak their language and answer their names. Some of you even with the whitemen never left.
Unreasonable write up.
Did they force yu to accept dia religion like the fulanis did to other tribes?

Did they force yu to study ad speak dia language in school?

Did they force yu to answer dia name?

The whitemen freed yu ad yur fathers from slavery..They gave yu independence off which if they wia fulanis they won't try it.
Since the fulanis konkerd hausas and took over ruler ship..They havnt given them freedom by allowing hausas rule over dia land.

2 Likes

Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by EazyMoh(m): 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
SHAKABOOM:

Unreasonable write up.
Did they force yu to accept dia religion like the fulanis did to other tribes?

Did they force yu to study ad speak dia language in school?

Did they force yu to answer dia name?

The whitemen freed yu ad yur fathers from slavery..They gave yu independence off which if they wia fulanis they won't try it.
Since the fulanis konkerd hausas and took over ruler ship..They havnt given them freedom by allowing hausas rule over dia land.
Wow I marvel at the level of your ignorance. How many times would we tell you Fulanis weren't the people that brought Islam to Hausaland, in fact they never converted anybody to Islam because every Hausa man was basically a Muslim for almost 1000 years before the coming of Fulanis.
See how you are extolling the colonialists and totally blind to what they did to you. You are here typing in English while no Hausa man can actually speak Fulani by virtue of their conquest, in other words it's even the other way round.
Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by SHAKABOOM: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2018
EazyMoh:

Wow I marvel at the level of your ignorance. How many times would we tell you Fulanis weren't the people that brought Islam to Hausaland, in fact they never converted anybody to Islam because every Hausa man was basically a Muslim for almost 1000 years before the coming of Fulanis.
See how you are extolling the colonialists and totally blind to what they did to you. You are here typing in English while no Hausa man can actually speak Fulani by virtue of their conquest, in other words it's even the other way round.
Did I tell yu Dan fodio brought Islam to hausaland?No he didn't.

But he brought sumtin worst..which is jihad..He brought destruction,tears ad sorrows to hausaland..The reason they dint erase Hausa language was becos Hausa was an acceptable language back then in some part of west Africa ad they had many population.

I ask yu again..Did the white man force yur fathers to speak english,practice dia religion ad answer dia names?

2 Likes

Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by EazyMoh(m): 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
SHAKABOOM:

Did I tell yu Dan fodio brought Islam to hausaland?No he didn't.

But he brought sumtin worst..which is jihad..He brought destruction,tears ad sorrows to hausaland..The reason they dint erase Hausa language was becos Hausa was an acceptable language back then in some part of west Africa ad they had many population.

I ask yu again..Did the white man force yur fathers to speak english,practice dia religion ad answer dia names?
Dan Fodios Jihad was the best thing to happen to Hausaland and Hausa people. We the Hausa people are glad he did and we will forever pray for him and all the Mujahideens. Whatever you do or say won't change our minds.
Look at you asking me whether they forced my people to speak their language and convert to their religion. Just now I saw cannon used to bombard Kano city when the whitemen held siege of the fortified city. They were not welcomed, and it was made clear to them.
[b] They forced us to relinquish our sovereignty and for the first time our city states were ruled by infidels who moral decadence to our city walls.
They not only tried to change our language religion and culture, they did far worth by amalgamating our morally upright society with the largely legal cum Christian south.
Re: On Dan Fodio's Conquest and Conquests in World History by SHAKABOOM: 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
EazyMoh:

Dan Fodios Jihad was the best thing to happen to Hausaland and Hausa people. We the Hausa people are glad he did and we will forever pray for him and all the Mujahideens. Whatever you do or say won't change our minds.
Look at you asking me whether they forced my people to speak their language and convert to their religion. Just now I saw cannon used to bombard Kano city when the whitemen held siege of the fortified city. They were not welcomed, and it was made clear to them.
[b] They forced us to relinquish our sovereignty and for the first time our city states were ruled by infidels who moral decadence to our city walls.
They not only tried to change our language religion and culture, they did far worth by amalgamating our morally upright society with the largely legal cum Christian south.
From ur reply one can easily tell that you are a fulani jihadist or a sympathizer trying so hard to blame the atrocities of ur ancestors on europeans.
Africas Colonization is a gift from God to blacks,although it came with disadvantages,but the advantages outweighs the disadvantages.

Thank yur God for bringing whites to africa.If not for colonization,yu would have bin sold to one Arabian some where in Egypt,sudan or morroco,Probably yu would have bin washing yur Arab masters toilet by now or ironing yur masters jalahmia.
Infact all islamic countries would have still bin practicing slave trade if not for whites,of which yu ad I know that some Arab countries still practice slave trade eg Libya ,western Sahara ad co..

Sadly up till date white muslims sell black muslims..My joy is that the whites yu accuse of hate abolished the slavery yur muslim brothers practice till date.

Whites dint force yu to learn dia language..but yu choose learn it..What language are yu writing me with..All the tinz you use daily yur cars,phone,plates ad co who invented it?Dan fodio i guess or his mujadeen crew them

As for the amalgamation tin..Pls tell ur brothers to support break up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Killings: Fayose Mocks Bello, Calls Him ‘aso Villa Protocol Officer / Anambra Lawmaker Gifts Car, Other Gifts To Constituency For Easter / How the Nigeria Media House are helping Herdsmen to Kill Nigerians Aroms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.