Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls (20165 Views)

Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / 2 Yobe Schoolgirls Killed In Rescue Operation, Others Still Missing.. / British Military Team Arrives Nigeria To Train Air Force Personel In Kaduna.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by Liard(m): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Coitus:
The founding fathers of Nigeria's problem want to come and pretend to help us.

They just wanto look relivant now America is having strong influence in Nigeria and building a drone base in niger. They might be US allies but US is undermining them in world politics

Your name tho.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by theDEVILisHERE: 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
When ever you see a white British person you are seeing the "DEVIL" in all "its" manifestations

Britain u can run but you cannot hide
Your punishment is around the corner

1 Like

Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by mexix: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
chairman00100:

bros,
you are one of those people who politicized the chibok thing during the last administration, why are you telling people not to politicize this?
remember buhari said that he will personally lead the military into sambisa to bring back the chibok girls, if he wins, well he should do the needful, unless its true that what we have now is jubrin from sudan
I never politicized same under Jonathan..I am not a fan of Buhari at all but we should use our head when we have a common enemy..BH is our common enemy
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by WaffenSS(m): 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hmm.

Déjà vu....
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by MONITZ: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Same script on Boko haram being rehearsed,let's hope this country doesnt die in the hands of these sad narcissistic individuals we have at the helms of affairs .
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by TEYA: 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
Book haram is not a terrorist group.
Ipob is a terrorist group grin grin grin

Boko haram was at the brink of extinction thanks to ihejirika but what happen? They screemed,wailed shouted to high heaven saying that the igbos where on a revenge mission to annihilate their people.

They pet and nutured this group, gave them more audacity just to embarrass the previous government.

But they forgot that.

A CHILD WHO SAYS HIS MOTHER WON'T SLEEP SHALL NEVER SLEEP.

I just pray God should strengthen the affected folks in this trying time.

Which extinction? Abeg pocket your propaganda! BH that had over 10 LGAs in borno under them with their flags flying were under extinction? Abegi!
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by santricedupas(m): 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
why is the president releasing captured members, what did he expect then to do, to learn shoemaker or what. govt should kill any captured guilty proved bh member
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by adaoshi(m): 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
The last time I checked they also promised to rescue the Chibok girls

1 Like

Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by nezer83: 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
mexix:

Terrorism is a global trend..lets not politicize this.They are our common enemy with or without Buhari.

If only APC/Buhari saw boko haram as a threat to national security while he was yet to be president and not politicized the chibok girls saga, so why shouldn't this be politicized? What has changed? So because Buhari is involved we should keep quiet abi? My friend u r a joker.
I feel for those innocent girls, they are pawns in this supremacy game. May God help them.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by REDshouse(m): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2018
Can't we just use our newly built drone for search and rescue purpose... Are they flies that cant easily be spotted ...

Why can't the host communities speak up...

Is it that there is no comm
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by ICEMAN(m): 12:21am On Feb 25, 2018
That's how they slowly occupy countries. They create the problem by arming the terrorists then they offer you help to get their troops to come in ,spy and consolidate their occupation. Finally, they begin to request for oil and other resources in exchange for security, training and weapons. WE SHOULD RESPECTFULLY DECLINE THE OFFER!

1 Like

Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by Solowiz(m): 12:22am On Feb 25, 2018
story story
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by AreaFada2: 12:27am On Feb 25, 2018
lilprinze:
APC and Buhari are the true definition of failure.

grin grin cheesy cheesy
I still remember Buhari saying on TV that African neighbours (who by the way have Boko operating in them) helping us fight Boko was a national disgrace under GEJ.

Now he should kukuma beg UK to come recolonize us.

Failure of the highest order.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by AreaFada2: 12:32am On Feb 25, 2018
adaoshi:
The last time I checked they also promised to rescue the Chibok girls
But they later claimed several things: (1) That GEJ govt refused help (2) That they could not trust NA not to disclose intelligence gathered to Boko.

Basically they knew where Chibok girls were but kept the info to themselves and did not rescue. And these are people we call friends. grin cheesy grin
They were in cahoots with Obama to take power back to the North.

UK has always been in support of the North, from rigging pre-independence election to inflating Northern population figures. So much was admitted by their colonial officials decades later.

Na their way.

1 Like

Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by lumeneng22: 12:34am On Feb 25, 2018
While am also condemning the kidnapped school girls in strong terms, i will advice the APC led government to bring back our dapchi girls.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by sniper77(m): 1:01am On Feb 25, 2018
I use God beg british military make dem no spoil market for the business men wey dey aso rock o. If una assist to rescue the girls how una want make dem justify $1billion wey dem commot for excess crude oil account to tackle security issues.

When time reach boko haram will be defeated technically and the dapchi girls will be rescued. Our apache helicopters wey we order for online go soon come.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by Litmus: 1:37am On Feb 25, 2018
surgical:
the government that is releasing terrorist in droves to go and continue what they are doing, and funding them them by paying generous ransom. with this scenario don't expect any let down soon.

Why government ever believed it could negotiate with Sheku and his followers is baffling. To concentrate on the supposed origins of Bokoharam is to miss the bigger picture. Sheku - and no one can argue with certainty that his predecessor was not the same – is either and Agent or a Mad man. It is futile to imagine you can negotiate with an Agent of the sort I mean or negotiate with a mad man.

Agent Archetype:

The type of agent I mean is the type in the employ of outside forces. Outside forces employ such agents to create ungovernable spaces in Africa. They don't believe governments will ever capitulate to them, if this happens (then heck(kaloo kalay)) their intention is to disrupt and cause lawless environment. These ungovernable space are the environment where all sorts of lucrative exploitation can then take place, from drug trafficking to resource theft; gun running to prostitution, from security provisions to infrastructural redevelopment; from construction to AID industries; from news provision to documentary making and so on. These exploitations may even take the long-term approach. For instance, with an aim to take African lands in the future when Africans will be a more wretched and decimated people than now, engaged as they will be, by wars that stretch from Egypt to South Africa and malnutrition, diseases, charity fatigue and man-made viruses caused by the existence of these wars . Islamisation funded by outsiders works best long term too.

Mad-man Archetype:

Sheku can only be a mad-man if he and his elk imagine that there would ever come a time when he sits in leadership of Nigeria or any part of Nigeria. He would be mad to imagine even that he could eventually sit peacefully as governor of some region carved out of a little bit of Nigeria, Chad and Niger. For even if Nigeria, Cameroon and Chad government and people fold foot and arms, leaving him alone, the Western powers would not tolerate the presence of him and his followers because of strategic purposes. His nation would never be recorgnised by the international community and would never be able to trade.The same with Al-shabab, there's no way the group will ever rule Somalia one day even given as Islamic as Somali. Somalians would never submit to such a regim as Al-Shabab wants to institute even if Turkey,America, East Africa all jumped in the air, landed and fainted. Yet they persist. Why, are they mad?

In conclusion, one cannot negotiate with the Agent type because the Agent type does not want peace in any part of Africa they are paid to create ungovernable spaces. The Mad man is obviously someone one cannot negotiate with, one can only capture,neutralise threat and institutionalise them.

1 Like

Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by mexix: 5:02am On Feb 25, 2018
nezer83:

If only APC/Buhari saw boko haram as a threat to national security while he was yet to be president and not politicized the chibok girls saga, so why shouldn't this be politicized? What has changed? So because Buhari is involved we should keep quiet abi? My friend u r a joker.
I feel for those innocent girls, they are pawns in this supremacy game. May God help them.
I am not a joker, I criticized APC then for politicizing national security issues, same way I am criticizing anyone politicizing same now.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by Ahmeduana(m): 5:34am On Feb 25, 2018
ANOTHER CHIBOOK SCENARIO IN THE MAKING!
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by whitebeard(m): 7:16am On Feb 25, 2018
No no no no nooooo, a big fat nooooo turn down their request.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by opribo(m): 7:20am On Feb 25, 2018
We have been through all this before, even America came in Chibok matter and left again. So why should we believe this isn't another charade.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by lobell: 10:16am On Feb 25, 2018
This is deja vu all over again. #BringBackOurGirls2 loading. You heard it here first.
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by bigfish3k: 10:19am On Feb 25, 2018
TEYA:

Which extinction? Abeg pocket your propaganda! BH that had over 10 LGAs in borno under them with their flags flying were under extinction? Abegi!

it wasn't so under ihejirika. it was after he was removed because the north didn't like the heavy blow he was giving boko haram that boko haram took foot hold on the north.
and till this day, Nigeria is yet to recover from that removal

the north was threatening him with ICC, accusing him of genocide, accusing him of retaliating for the igbos on what happened during the civil war.
but the ever afraid jonathan listened to them and removed him.
the fight on boko haram was effective under ihejirika

what I noticed with APC propaganda was that anybody including ministers performing well under jonathan. APC knowing fully well that nobody can be 100% clean, will go and look for that 1% sin of that person and start campaigning about it on the south west controlled media till eternity until the person is removed by the naïve jonathan. those people removed are actually election winners for jonathan if he had left them
ie. ihejirika, stella oduah, barth nnaji, festus odimegwu etc. I noticed all these here, I was telling people around me this pattern of propaganda but my voice couldn't reach him. jonathan was just annoyingly naïve, he removed all his election winners
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by jacyhelen(f): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2018
Solomonudofia:
The British military has offered to assist the Nigerian Army in the search and rescue operation launched for the 105 girls kidnapped in Dapchi, Yobe State.

The Guardian reports that the British army led by Major Ian Robertson, the general advisor, British Military Advisory and Training Team (BMATT) in Nigeria, recently made this known.

Condemning the attack and kidnapping of the school girls from Government Girls Secondary School (GGSS), Dapchi, Robertson lamented the fact that girls’ schools have become soft targets for insurgents.

In his words: “Having heard about this particular issue recently, I am still trying to get more information about what is going on, but it is clearly very disappointing that something like this has happened, that the girls have been taken.

“But let me reassure you, from the British military perspective, that we are monitoring the event quite closely and we are cooperating with the armed forces of Nigeria to see how we can assist.”

On Monday, February 19, 2018, the men of the Boko Haram sect invaded a part of Yobe State including the Government Girls Secondary School in Dapchi kidnapping several students and reigning terror on the school and the village.

According to a forum of parents of missing students, the number of girls in captivity have been given as 105.

Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the girls kidnap saying it’s a national disaster.

US condemns kidnap of school girls in Yobe

The United States of America condemned the abduction of over 90 school girls from Government Girls Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe state.

The Spokesperson of the US Department of State, Ms Heather Nauert, at a press briefing on Thursday, said “We are still trying to get all the details about that but we wanted to mention that we condemn in the strongest possible terms the terror attack on a school earlier this week in north-eastern Nigeria.

“The choice of targets including schools, markets and places of worship reflect the brutality of terror organisations.

“The victims in the attacks were girls who were simply seeking an education.”

“We continue to support Nigeria’s efforts to counter the terror group.

“We also support Nigeria’s efforts to enable more than two million displaced in the Lake Chad region to return home safely.

“United States continues to provide humanitarian assistance to those who were affected by the violence,” Nauert added.

111 Yobe school girls unaccounted for

The Police Commissioner in Yobe, Abdulmaliki Sumonu, on Wednesday, confirmed that 111 girls were still unaccounted for following Monday’s attack by Boko Haram insurgents.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the insurgents who attacked the school looted foodstuff, while the staff and students ran into the bush for safety.

http://www.clintgist.com/british-military-offers-to-assist-with-rescue-of-dapchi-girls-id8031509-html/

zoo country
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 10:44am On Feb 25, 2018
overall90:
Oga British officer, our president is a retired general,he will personally lead the rescue in front. we don't need your help. please stop the insult
; hahahahaha Apc and Buhari are the biggest scam of all time
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by intricate(m): 11:14am On Feb 25, 2018
thesicilian:
After selling weapons to the terrorists you now offer to help the government and people they are terrorizing thus getting paid both ways.
use your head before u type. Boko haram gets weapons as a result of crisis in Libya
Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by thesicilian: 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
intricate:
use your head before u type. Boko haram gets weapons as a result of crisis in Libya

Re: British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls by mudiana(m): 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
Here we go again. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu / Do These Set Of People Vote ? / COVID-19: Ogun Makes Wearing Of Facemasks compulsory From Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.