Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose (1172 Views)

Sam Ewang: More Nigerians Are Dying Of Hunger Than Coronavirus / Endless Wait For Salaries, Kogi Civil Servants Crying In Silence / "We Are Dying, Pay Our Salaries" - Kogi Workers Tell Governor Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by kcmichael: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ekiti State Governor, Chief Ayodele Fayose, has said the corporate existence of Nigeria is being threatened by selective administration of justice, marginalisation, vendetta against perceived political opponents among others and called on well-meaning citizens to rise up and salvage the situation before it is too late.

This is just as he decried the level of poverty in the country, adding that many Nigerians are dying in silence with nobody standing up for them.
He therefore called on people of good conscience not to allow their voices to be silenced because of possible political antagonism or persecution.

He spoke in Lagos on Friday night while being conferred with the award of Man of the People by the Silverbird Group.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, he quoted the governor as saying that the major step to take to solve the problem was in going back to the basics and restructuring the country.

Fayose, who fielded questions from newsmen after the event, said he would not allow anybody to drown his voice or silence him no matter what it would cost.

“A lot of people we know to be vocal have lost their voices. Some have taken cover under the beds of their wives. We are in a perilous time and I appreciate those who are still standing for the people at this time. For me I will remain a man. Some people have kept quiet because they fear that they may be persecuted.

” But should we all keep quiet when people are oppressed and suppressed and blatantly marginalised? Look at the level of poverty in the country, it is sickening. The standard of living has gone down. And how do we explain a situation where some people are treated as slaves and others as princes. This country belongs to all of us. It is in serious need now and we must salvage the situation,” he said.

On the call for restructuring, Fayose said he aligned with the call made many years ago by the late Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu that the country must be restructured.

He noted that the issues that led to the civil war were yet to be resolved many decades after.

“I was moved by what the late Chief Ojukwu said many years ago and never knew his wife would be the one to present this award to me. We should go back to the basics or we are going no where. We are one and the same and no section must be marginalised,” he said.

While charging leaders to make laws for the good of the people, he noted that such laws must be obeyed by all.

Fayose added that the law prohibiting open grazing in Ekiti State has come to stay, warning that anybody who crosses the line would be dealt with.

While presenting the award to Fayose, former Nigerian Ambassador to Spain, Mrs Bianca Ojukwu, described Fayose as an irrepressible governor of the people.

Also speaking, the Chairman of the Silverbird Group, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, said all the award winners were men and women who deserved to be so recognised.

Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by okosodo: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
They know that there is nothing that they can do 4 now. Yorubas should please not sell us out again, na beg i dey beg
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by skedman(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
Idiot govenor what has he done for ekiti people with all the bail out fund ,paris club and the monthly allocation.all this was given to you by who.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by KenOne: 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
The man that said Nigerians are dying in silence is owing Ekiti State civil servants over 6months salaries and pensioners only God knows how long, Ekiti State University lecturers and Ekiti State Teaching Hospital are on strike as a result of non payment of salary. But Federal Government is up to date with salary yet my brothers across the River Niger hail him as their gods and personal saviour. I hereby wish Fayose to be governor of a state to anyone that will support him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by thesicilian: 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nigerians are very vocal about their plight, they are dying but not in silence. Except for those from Ekiti who keep seeing you as the next Obafemi Awolowo.
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by thesicilian: 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
KenOne:
The man that said Nigerians are dying in silence is owing Ekiti State civil servants over 6months salaries and pensioners only God knows how long, Ekiti State University lecturers and Ekiti State Teaching Hospital are on strike as a result of non payment of salary. But Federal Government is up to date with salary yet my brothers across the River Niger hail him as their gods and personal saviour. I hereby wish Fayose to be governor of a state to anyone that will support him.
It is only children who don't know their left from their right that believes in Fayose. We all know he's climbing on the helplessness of the masses to get to the top for his own selfish aims.
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by Omololu2121: 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
thesicilian:

It is only children who don't know their left from their right that believes in Fayose. We all know he's climbing on the helplessness of the masses to get to the top for his own selfish aims.
if buhari is the governor of ekiti state,he won't be able to pay a month salary sef,and if fayose is the president of Nigeria, he will perform better than buhari
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by dheilaw1(m): 11:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Omololu2121:
if buhari is the governor of ekiti state,he won't be able to pay a month salary sef,and if fayose is the president of Nigeria, he will perform better than buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by yarimo(m): 2:43am On Feb 25, 2018
FAYOSE as governor of Ekiti State. The state is dying or is dead in silence
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by yarimo(m): 2:45am On Feb 25, 2018
Omololu2121:
FAYOSE perform better than BUHARI. If that is all you can think with your brain I really salute your village people grin

Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by deomelllo: 3:08am On Feb 25, 2018
[img]https://2.bp..com/-gl1P_sQKLWU/WEU1XMuH-bI/AAAAAAALGWg/-EShHk0ihEEgMjjYU6OtvVuHtUsErv4PwCLcB/s1600/0.jpg[/img]

Coming from the most worthless clown in Nigeria.

This is the suffering he's offering his own children and doomed leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by deomelllo: 3:16am On Feb 25, 2018
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by gidgiddy: 3:50am On Feb 25, 2018
It is hard to find a Yoruba man who is not a slave of the Northern Hausa-Fulani caliphate of Sokoto. Which is ehy most of them eill hate Nnamdi Kanu, the unapologetic freedom fighter.

So, in those rare times we come across someone like Fayose, from the west, who has decided not to lick the a$$ of the gworo chewing cow herder from Daura, it is worth appreciating.

It will be a long time before we see another Governor like him emerge from from the West
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by Omololu2121: 8:23am On Feb 25, 2018
yarimo:
FAYOSE perform better than BUHARI. If that is all you can think with your brain I really salute your village people grin
I don't have time for dumb idiot.

I thought he said boko haram will be crushed once he becomes the president grin
And when will $1=#1 grin

A government of propaganda grin
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by Omololu2121: 8:24am On Feb 25, 2018
gidgiddy:
It is hard to find a Yoruba man who is not a slave of the Northern Hausa-Fulani caliphate of Sokoto. Which is ehy most of them eill hate Nnamdi Kanu, the unapologetic freedom fighter.

So, in those rare times we come across someone like Fayose, from the west, who has decided not to lick the a$$ of the gworo chewing cow herder from Daura, it is worth appreciating.

It will be a long time before we see another Governor like him emerge from from the West
ojuku and ekwume licked the ass of shagari,okorocha his also licking the ass of buhari

You are a dumb Igbo pig
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by dlondonbadboy: 8:25am On Feb 25, 2018
Soon a bloody revolution would occur in this country...We would take our country back. We would and we must.
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 25, 2018
I just hope this hasn't been the fate of Ngeneukwuewu and Isi aki sorry Sa rkki. Nobody sees them lately. undecided
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by dlondonbadboy: 8:29am On Feb 25, 2018
24/7 power supply is very possible...But a cabal of old wicked and evil entities benefit from our darkness....

We can have good roads, and reduce accidents in our roads...

We can have good schools everywhere in the country. Our minds can truly be free.

Nigeria can be safe.

Food can be everywhere.

Our leaders can be corrupt free, our police can have sense, Nigeria can be great. It's truly possible..

Nigerians can be free.
#ANewNigeria
Re: Nigerians Are Dying In Silence – Fayose by minasota(f): 9:47am On Feb 25, 2018
Which way Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Police Arrest Offa Robbery Suspects In Lagos / How Abiola Was Betrayed, By Tinubu / How Atiku Welcomes Saraki Backs To The PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.