Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Nigerians Living In Mozambique - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Mozambique (62989 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies In Mozambique. Do You Know Him? (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Stan9030: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
Please who knows any Air conditioner dealers in Mozambique?
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by chiefobdk2: 10:58am On Dec 07, 2021
Bobby4345:
Please never pay monies to agents for visa documents. It mostly ends in tears.
On several occasions I've seen Nigerians been sent back at point of entry due to doctored visas, no/fake hotel bookings and insufficient funds.

Mozambique is VISA ON ARRIVAL for almost all countries.
The tourism industry in Mozambique is rapidly growing.
All you require is a confirmed hotel booking and sufficient funds for the duration of your stay.
(Please insist the hotel sends a copy of your booking confirmation to the immigration and possibly provide someone to pick you up on arrival).

My wife is mozambican and owns a travel agency.
ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED...

Please can you tell me the process involved in going to Mozambique. I gave someone 1300 dollars to help me process. Its taking so much time. I don't know if it have to do with covid restrictions
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Collinslaw(m): 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
Am planning to relocate there can one travel by road... advise please
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 7:29am On Jul 18, 2022
Collinslaw:
Yes, you can travel by road to Mozambique. But mind you there is no direct transportation company.
So I wouldn't advise you to go that route. Besides tjere are numerous visas required which will I crease your travel cost.
You will need visas for the following countries
1. Republic of Congo or Central Africa Republic
2. Democratic Republic of Congo
3. Zambia
4. Mozambique

Travel by air, its cheaper and more convenient
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2022
Collinslaw:

www.embassyofmozambique.be/tourist-visa
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2022
Stan9030:
Please who knows any Air conditioner dealers in Mozambique?

Check: jumia.co.mz
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by ZugoZugo: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Hello, I am based in Japan and looking at the possibility of business in cars and car parts in Mozambique. Please if you are honest and in that line kindly contact.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by czero147: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2022
How can one actually get a Mozambican visa frim nigeria
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Nwaotu10(m): 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Bobby4345:
Please never pay monies to agents for visa documents. It mostly ends in tears.
On several occasions I've seen Nigerians been sent back at point of entry due to doctored visas, no/fake hotel bookings and insufficient funds.

Mozambique is VISA ON ARRIVAL for almost all countries.
The tourism industry in Mozambique is rapidly growing.
All you require is a confirmed hotel booking and sufficient funds for the duration of your stay.
(Please insist the hotel sends a copy of your booking confirmation to the immigration and possibly provide someone to pick you up on arrival).

My wife is mozambican and owns a travel agency.
ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED...

Are there jobs there for degree holders?
I'm planning on relocating.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 2:57pm On Mar 17, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Are there jobs there for degree holders?
I'm planning on relocating.
Yes there are limited jobs.
Depending on your DIRE and Portuguese language skills.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2023
czero147:
How can one actually get a Mozambican visa frim nigeria
Mozambique is Visa on Arrival for visitors.
You can a travel agency to get your visa.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2023
ZugoZugo:
Hello, I am based in Japan and looking at the possibility of business in cars and car parts in Mozambique. Please if you are honest and in that line kindly contact.

You can ship spare parts and cars to Mozambique.
And if there is a legal agreement we will be delighted to sell off and reimburse.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by yahoodetector: 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2023
Bobby434new:

Mozambique is Visa on Arrival for visitors.
You can a travel agency to get your visa.

Why travel agency? What happens to walking into their embassy himself and applying?
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by yahoodetector: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2023
FiverrTutor:

Parts of Mozambique isn't safe at the moment. There is serious unrest now due to militias. So please be warned!!!!

Till now? shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by winetapper: 9:25am On Mar 18, 2023
yahoodetector:

Why travel agency? What happens to walking into their embassy himself and applying?
there is no embassy in Nigeria or close to Nigeria. But there is one in Malawi and I think Kenya
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by winetapper: 9:26am On Mar 18, 2023
yahoodetector:

Till now? shocked shocked
it's just like Boko Haram in the North. But it's gradually under control
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by pocohantas(f): 7:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
edoman2016:

You think I am judging with what I read on newspaper? Last time i checked, I told you I am an economist working with an international organization. I have travelled to several African countries for working purposes. So I am talking from reality. I have no problem if you are sharing diary of your vacation in Mozambique with Nigerians. I am good with it. But comparing Mozambique with Nigeria in terms of economic, business and job opportunities, then you have gone too far.

You are talking about foreigners in Mozambique running small businesses like hair salon, restaurant etc in Mozambique. Do you know that Nigeria have over 17 millions of SMEs business? SMEs business such as tailoring, barbing, catering and baking, hair dressing, welding, vulcanizing, mechanics etc are the large source of employment and income for Nigerians. And the number of SMEs business in Nigeria is still growing more.

I won't make comments on this thread again. A word is enough for the wise. Good day.

It is always refreshing reading from intelligent Nigerians who understand basic economics. Not these ones that forget themselves at the sight of electricity and good roads. I was almost giving up until I saw your comment. ‘Cos I stopped arguing with them a long time ago.

Next thing they are converting currencies to prove a point. Today it is Mozambique, next is Benin Republic…another day Kazakstan and Bulgaria. The sheer nerve to sell these countries as Eldorado. Tueeh!
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by OVB123: 5:18am On Mar 20, 2023
edoman2016:

What's wrong with Nigerians? How dare you compare Mozambique with Nigeria? I hope you know Mozambique is the 7th poorest and underdeveloped country in the world. There per capita GDP is just $1,215. What useless business opportunities are you talking about in Mozambique when the citizens are in penury?

As an economist, I have travelled to several African countries for business conferences and meetings. I won't advise any Nigerians to migrate to Mozambique for whatever reasons because the poverty in Mozambique is extreme and severe.
Ovbie edo, thank you for telling them the truth.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Gerrard59(m): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2023

Mr ECONOMIST GURU SIR, yes we know Nigeria has the richest economy in Africa yet has the highest poverty rate in Africa. You talk like a typical successful Nigerian living in Nigeria. Please use your educated mind to research about realities rather than quoting your economic figures. I know a dozen of people , living in poverty or struggling in Nigeria but had to relocate to Mozambique and they are doing fine now. Infact most of them send money back home to their struggling siblings. My uncles living in Mozambique are extremely rich doing business in Mozambique. They enjoy the life more than in Nigeria. Most of these poor countries in GDP you bash, have steady electricity, good roads, pipe-borne water security as you don't worry of being kidnapped or assassinated. Yes there are poor people, but as a Nigerian if you are hardworking, its very easy to succeed in your business than in Nigeria. Most Successful Nigerians living in Nigeria thinks that every body in Nigeria has money like them, look around in your street, village, town are see hopeless and poverty raging through your neighborhoods. Suffering and smiling thaT's what we are yet.

pocohantas

I think this is something you have to consider when people make these comparisons. When I read that the country has constant electricity, I was shocked. Fine, it is poor, but for the average Nigerian who just wants a safe life where the person's business is not attacked because he decides to vote for a party. Nigeria has the biggest market in Africa (by sheer numbers), but most people would rather do their small businesses where things seemingly work.

The same analogy held when many southerners resided in the north because even though the market is smaller, the cost of living was lower and there was a sense of easy-going life. But religious insecurity has scuttled that. Some people just want a safe place where they do their small business in peace. I understand them and support it.

Honestly, I am surprised Mozambique enjoys constant electricity. It seems many people underrate safety even when they have so much money. With what happened in Lagos on Saturday and even Sunday night, I rather reside in Abidjan as a middle-tier businessman than a big/multi-business man in Lagos. Should Tidjane Thiam become Ivory Coast leader, it even becomes the best option.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Gerrard59(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
edoman2016:

Joke of the century.

Five years on Nigeria has more poor people than elsewhere.

2018 Nobel Prize in Economics, Nairaland version. grin grin
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by pocohantas(f): 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

pocohantas

I think this is something you have to consider when people make these comparisons. When I read that the country has constant electricity, I was shocked. Fine, it is poor, but for the average Nigerian who just wants a safe life where the person's business is not attacked because he decides to vote for a party. Nigeria has the biggest market in Africa (by sheer numbers), but most people would rather do their small businesses where things seemingly work.

The same analogy held when many southerners resided in the north because even though the market is smaller, the cost of living was lower and there was a sense of easy-going life. But religious insecurity has scuttled that. Some people just want a safe place where they do their small business in peace. I understand them and support it.

Honestly, I am surprised Mozambique enjoys constant electricity. It seems many people underrate safety even when they have so much money. With what happened in Lagos on Saturday and even Sunday night, I rather reside in Abidjan as a middle-tier businessman than a big/multi-business man in Lagos. Should Tidjane Thiam become Ivory Coast leader, it even becomes the best option.

A lot of African countries enjoy stable power supply in their capitals and major cities. However, their civilisation or supposed good living is not spread out evenly. If it were, they won’t be seeing Nigerians as demi-gods. Their landlords, businesses, women, police…are always out to fleece visiting Nigerians.

This was how they hyped Rwanda and my tech bro friend went there. The suffering he was surrounded by was too much, he ran back.

All this story of wanting a safe place that Nigerian immigrants are always quick to come up with is WASH. That is what they say until they get there and display their GREED. If they were keeping to their words of enjoying safety, every country wouldn’t be banning us. Some African countries also suffer these political issues. The only difference is, the citizens dare not say a word of it on social media. Even to you a visitor, they won’t say PIM. We even get mouth to insult Buhari online. Try it in Gabon, Rwanda or Uganda and see if you won’t go missing the next day.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2023
yahoodetector:

Please tell us where their embassy is ?
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by yahoodetector: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bobby434new:

Please tell us where their embassy is ?

Embassies and diplomat offices of most countries are found in Lagos and Abuja.

Google is your friend
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Bobby434new: 11:07am On Jun 28, 2023
yahoodetector:

Mozambique do not have an embassy in Nigeria.
That's the main reason why it's visa on arrival

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall / Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.