Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! (34857 Views)

Bride Intercepted On Her Wedding Day By Another Man She Promised Marriage In Oyo / Bride's Boobs Pop Out On Her Wedding Day (Photo) / Bride Stuns In Massive Cleveage-Baring Dress On Her Wedding Day (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by GlobalGisting(m): 5:53am On Feb 26, 2018
I'm a DJ, I play in clubs and coincidentally I went to play at a wedding in Lekki for one prostitute I've seen severally. Didn't knw she was the bride till I saw her about to dance into the venue. Although they had a list of songs selected to dance into the hall, my mood changed when I saw a renowned "olosho" marrying this gentleman from London. Well, I just switched their first song from Kiss Daniel's Mama to Flavour's Ashawo. Did I do wrong?

22 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by BumbleDevil: 5:54am On Feb 26, 2018
Hmmm, very nice thread.

I do part-time work in an event centre and have loads of tales on party drama. Also as an instrumentalist, I have experienced some bizarre form of lateness to wedding service.
CHURCH DRAMA

Wedding 1: The Priest is a time conscious man and he started the wedding mass at the agreed time (10 am). The wedding ceremony started and ended without the groom. The exchange of vows part was skipped, of course, there is offering and communion. The bride cried her heart out but guess what, the groom and his entourage did not get to the church until an hour after church service has ended citing traffic congestion as the cause of their lateness. We the choir were forced to be singing motivational and self-encouraging songs. The exchange of vows and ring was done in the chapel after much pleading with the priest, we all proceeded to the wedding reception for the party Jollof and they lived happily ever after.

Wedding 2: This Priest from the East keeps to time and has warned the couples that lateness will not be tolerated but on the wedding day, the bride came late to church during the penitential rite, she was kept outside by the church ushers (like other latecomers) and was not allowed to enter the church until after liturgy of the word. My brothers and sisters, you need to see how the priest gave a piece of his mind on being time conscious. That was when revelations started flowing about how she has been a perennial latecomer right from primary school. The bride was really embarrassed.

Wedding 3: The couples refused to pay for choir service, the Pastor used his veto on the choir, instrumentalist didn't show up and the choir too dragged the songs and make it look like a funeral service. There was no drum and keyboard and the whole church was clapping to the songs. The couples frowned throughout the church service. 50/50 situation.

RECEPTION DRAMA

Wedding 4: The bride booked a hall of 700 guest capacity and ended up bringing 2000 guest to her wedding. The family explained that they always experienced mammoth crowd at any of the parties. (Why rent hall when you are feeding the whole town, why not some big football field).

Wedding 5: The bridesmaid slapped the Groom's elder brother over a plate of rice. The groom's family insisted on beating the bridesmaid blue-black and all entreaties fall on deaf ears. The couple couldn't dance into the hall because the groom's family has blocked all entrance should the culprit tried to escape from the venue. The bride removed her wedding gown, entered the hall in a plain cloth and barefooted, then challenged the groom's family to bring on the fight since they have resolved to scatter her wedding. That was when normalcy returned and all nerves calmed down.

Wedding 6: The Groom's mother reserved two tables in the gallery for her close friends. The bride's mother instructed her guests to sit on the reserved table that they cannot be keeping seat while people are standing. The groom's mother demanded the guest vacate the seat and they insisted it was the bride's mother who authorized them to sit on those tables. The groom's mother went away quietly but came back with a bowl of watery stew and started sprinkling the guests who refused to vacate her reserved tables with the stew.

to be continued

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by kevoh(m): 5:54am On Feb 26, 2018
dammy222:
The whole experience was somehow. And they claimed they killed two cows o
You can kill three cows sef it will still not go round, as long as the people you put in charge are more interested in hoarding the meat.

The Golden rule is never take the cows home for family and friends to actually see the cows. You are unintentionally advertising for uninvited guests and family members/caterers in cooking department to hoard your meat. Buy, kill, cut and count the pieces (if possible) in the market under yours or a trusted supervisor before handing over to who is in charge of cooking. That way, you can hold the person accountable if the meat doesn't go round.

Also cow pass cow, some people will kill cow the size of a ram grin grin and will be making noise, when you see huge cow you self go testify at it's size tongue.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nicklaus619(m): 5:58am On Feb 26, 2018
On the 12th of July, 2017 was a day to remember, it was a wedding of a colleague in the office who is also a friend and we attend same church, a day before the wedding, we spent the entire Friday conveying chairs and tables to the reception, which took us approximately 20 hours to finish, I went home exhausted, tired and starved. I took my bath lay down to rest a little so I could eat, but I slept off only to wake up by 8:45 am the wedding day, I quickly took my bath dressed up and dashed to the church as I was one of the grooms friends on suit, after the whole I do I do thingy in the church, we all proceeded. To the reception still hungry and just as about when wedding jollof was about to be served, the grooms dad called me aside, cos am a family friend he pleaded that we should arrange for more chairs as the population out standing are even more that those sitting, me and other grooms maids went to the rentals to other for more sit and before we could come back we were informed that the rice has finished, I was thinking its a joke until I saw all the coolers that stored the foods empty only for me to see the brides mom barking out instructions to the ushers to carry the remaining two coolers of rice home, I angry interrupted the Mc. Walked straight to the groom in amazement of my other pals, give them my gift and left and it's not even time for gift presentation and surprisingly my other friends that didn't get to eat did same and we stormed out of the building and before I could drag my hungry self home, I got about 45 miss calls from both groom, bride and his dad Lols, it was a bitter sweet experience, because I truely learnt many lesson from that day which is, no jollof rice for me at any wedding then am taking my gift home. That's how I roll cool

13 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by pejuakinab: 6:04am On Feb 26, 2018
This one is so devastating. After all d preparations, on the D day, the husband failed to show up at the registry. Funny enough, no single family members or friends of the groom were sighted at d venue. Regardless, few people ate at d reception and drank. Brides father drank himself to stupor because of d embarrassment. I see it in films but this one I witnessed live.
Meanwhile the groom had already planted his egg in d bride say like 5 months. Fast forward to 4 months later when she put to bed, another drama that resulted to fights at d hospital when d guys parent came for naming without their son following them. It was a free for all fight. And that's how she became baby mama today

10 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by optimusprime2(m): 6:04am On Feb 26, 2018
Oroolorun:
The Alaga Iduro ask d husband to carry his plus size wife and he did so.
Ask him to walk majestically about with her in his arms and d next thing we hear is GBA!
Husband and wife fell on d floor and it took two buckets of water to revived d husband.
*Falls down from Pawpaw tree*
*Farts*
*Starts crying*
This was sooo hilarious lol!

This is the most Hilariously interesting thread on NL from my point of view.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Jayclinics(m): 6:34am On Feb 26, 2018
A must read:

You Will Make Every Second of Your Life Count After Reading This Blog Post

http://borednigerian.com/time-speeds-older-get-make-every-seconds-life-count/
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by sunnyeinstein(m): 7:01am On Feb 26, 2018
Oluhills007:
most times its not the fault of the celebrants... It is those thief thief caterers that do not allow the food to go round

I tell u! My bro's wedding years back' meat finished, impossible ooo afta killing cows and thinking we go chop am reach following week. Naso gulder ultimate search start... u no go believe am say one of d serving guys nahim dem use as tool to siddon on one full cooler of meat, big cooler oo! The guy saw everybody searching oo e no move, na there my mumsy junior sis suspect am, tell am say mk he standa, he come dey form "nothing dey dia". He nearly chop beating dat day. We no kon giv the servers bonus things afta dem finish as dem be wan scatter our wedding tongue tongue. Ole pple

8 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 26, 2018
BumbleDevil:
Hmmm, very nice thread.

I do part-time work in an event centre and have loads of tales on party drama. Also as an instrumentalist, I have experienced some bizarre form of lateness to wedding service.
CHURCH DRAMA

Wedding 1: The Priest is a time conscious man and he started the wedding mass at the agreed time (10 am). The wedding ceremony started and ended without the groom. The exchange of vows part was skipped, of course, there is offering and communion. The bride cried her heart out but guess what, the groom and his entourage did not get to the church until an hour after church service has ended citing traffic congestion as the cause of their lateness. We the choir were forced to be singing motivational and self-encouraging songs. The exchange of vows and ring was done in the chapel after much pleading with the priest, we all proceeded to the wedding reception for the party Jollof and they lived happily ever after.

Wedding 2: This Priest from the East keeps to time and has warned the couples that lateness will not be tolerated but on the wedding day, the bride came late to church during the penitential rite, she was kept outside by the church ushers (like other latecomers) and was not allowed to enter the church until after liturgy of the word. My brothers and sisters, you need to see how the priest gave a piece of his mind on being time conscious. That was when revelations started flowing about how she has been a perennial latecomer right from primary school. The bride was really embarrassed.

Wedding 3: The couples refused to pay for choir service, the Pastor used his veto on the choir, instrumentalist didn't show up and the choir too dragged the songs and make it look like a funeral service. There was no drum and keyboard and the whole church was clapping to the songs. The couples frowned throughout the church service. 50/50 situation.

RECEPTION DRAMA

Wedding 4: The bride booked a hall of 700 guest capacity and ended up bringing 2000 guest to her wedding. The family explained that they always experienced mammoth crowd at any of the parties. (Why rent hall when you are feeding the whole town, why not some big football field).

Wedding 5: The bridesmaid slapped the Groom's elder brother over a plate of rice. The groom's family insisted on beating the bridesmaid blue-black and all entreaties fall on deaf ears. The couple couldn't dance into the hall because the groom's family has blocked all entrance should the culprit tried to escape from the venue. The bride removed her wedding gown, entered the hall in a plain cloth and barefooted, then challenged the groom's family to bring on the fight since they have resolved to scatter her wedding. That was when normalcy returned and all nerves calmed down.

Wedding 6: The Groom's mother reserved two tables in the gallery for her close friends. The bride's mother instructed her guests to sit on the reserved table that they cannot be keeping seat while people are standing. The groom's mother demanded the guest vacate the seat and they insisted it was the bride's mother who authorized them to sit on those tables. The groom's mother went away quietly but came back with a bowl of watery stew and started sprinkling the guests who refused to vacate her reserved tables with the stew.

to be continued
number 5 is my kind of girl, it's her wedding for crying out loud, someone slapped you, so my wedding has to scatter, some people and their self centered nature you would rather massage your ego at the expense of a wedding that money and time has gone into planning

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by dammy222(f): 7:34am On Feb 26, 2018
nairalanduseles:

hungry girl must u eat and drink in wedding.......awof kee u
Na you sabi

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2018
May God help us to filter the lies from the truth in this thread. smiley
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by hoebamaa(m): 8:06am On Feb 26, 2018
As a professional photographer I have witness so many wedding dramas..But this am about to share got me crying... The wedding was conducted in an open field,As the event was going on a vehicle that was been parked close where the bride family sat down moved an kill the bride mother and her sister instantly..

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by folabounce: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2018
The wedding have been to has always been well conducted and managed except for one.
This particular one has two DJs and two life bands. It was funny, the bride and groom both made arrangement for a dj and a band, each one nicely organized at both corners of the hall. It was the MC that suffered o trying to ensure each dj and band played. It was like you 5mins, you too 5mins.... Just shitty

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Oziahete(m): 8:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Have you ever feel hungry to the point that you begin dey sweat? Na the level wey I been dey that year for my friend wedding in Ekiti Chai!!!! See confirm food hoarding by both the bride and groom family. Na we come suffer but last last dem come give me food without water. Please brethren when going for a wedding try and put something for stomach because the way naija dey go now, e no funny at all. Person fit go faint o.

4 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by elevensept(m): 8:41am On Feb 26, 2018
[quote author=hoebamaa post=65376390]As a professional photographer I have witness so many wedding dramas..But this am about to share got me crying... The wedding was conducted in an open field,As the event was going on a vehicle that was been parked close where the bride family sat down moved an kill the bride mother and her sister instantly..
[/quote village people handiwork
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Xmen149(m): 8:55am On Feb 26, 2018
my plans ,we go to church in morning after that everybody go home .

me my immediate family ,my wife and her immediate family will have lil dinner party at a place of our choosing

keep ur gift ,cnt kill my self with dept and people giving u wrapped plate ,eat u down and go.

just bring all nesesarry stuff that will allow one pay bride price and we off.

remaining money at hand after all this I rather use am you're the world with my wife or other stuff

4 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by mfm04622: 8:56am On Feb 26, 2018
nairalanduseles:

I am a man. An old man. If you invite me to a PARTY, I eat from my house but I EXPECT to eat and drink at the party! Imagine, I will leave my house, grace you with my presence, bring gift, spray money and I won't eat?

7 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Kooldon(f): 9:03am On Feb 26, 2018
The Embrassment Cant Just End On Entertainment And Keeping To Time.

Years Back In My Area, A Choirmaster And A Choirster Were Set To Wed And The Church Medical Team Got To The Bride's Apartment On The Day Of The Wedding And Carried Out A Pregnancy Test On Her Which Turned Out To Be Positive.
The Pastor Was Informed Abt The Outcome And They Refused To Wed Them.
Come See Disappointment And Confusion On The Faces Of All The Well Dressed Invited Guests.

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 26, 2018
Xmen149:
my plans ,we go to church in morning after that everybody go home .

me my immediate family ,my wife and her immediate family will have lil dinner party at a place of our choosing

keep ur gift ,cnt kill my self with dept and people giving u wrapped plate ,eat u down and go.

just bring all nesesarry stuff that will allow one pay bride price and we off.

remaining money at hand after all this I rather use am you're the world with my wife or other stuff
Wise suggestion
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by kullozone(m): 9:11am On Feb 26, 2018
Right there on the alter, the pastor asked the couple to have sex in order to comfirm if the bride was still a virgin... and they fvcked. Surprise! She wasn't a virgin. And the groom ended up killing the pastor because the bride said the pastor was the one who took her virginity. Sha, everybody started nyashing in the church. I nyashed 5 girls that day, including the pastor's beautiful wife, because the pastor was already dead and no one had the guts to nyash her, so I did smiley

The end.

6 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by dammy222(f): 9:29am On Feb 26, 2018
mfm04622:

Am a man. An old man. If you invite me to a PARTY, I eat from my house but I EXPECT to eat and drink at the party! Imagine, I will leave my house, grace you with my presence, bring gift, spray money and I won't eat?
Help me tell him o
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by wman(m): 9:30am On Feb 26, 2018
IamFisherman:
Contact me for your stock fish anywhere within Nigeria @iamfisherman00@yahoo.com

Why don't you create a topic and upload pictures of the fish? You'll get sales that way. I went to your profile expecting to see pictures but saw none.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by hardon1(m): 9:39am On Feb 26, 2018
nairalanduseles:

y calling her a hunger girl. Without pretence everyone craves for food during reception. After leaving ur house in the morning, after the long service then the reception, ppl are expected to be a bit hungry.

Believe it or no body is happy when they are not served food/drinks in wedding and they are watching other ppl eating and served over and over

in nigeria, one of the best way to make ur wedding attendees happy is to give them enough food and drinks, they will forget if the hall is quack, the mc is lousy

14 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by IamFisherman(m): 9:39am On Feb 26, 2018
Noted but in case you are interested contact me @iamfisherman00@yahoo.com
wman:

Why don't you create a topic and upload pictures of the fish? You'll get sales that way. I went to your profile expecting to see pictures but saw none.
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Talkingboy: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2018
Oroolorun:
The Alaga Iduro ask d husband to carry his plus size wife and he did so.
Ask him to walk majestically about with her in his arms and d next thing we hear is GBA!
Husband and wife fell on d floor and it took two buckets of water to revived d husband.

Hmmm... Akiiika !!!

This wan don do Industrial Training (I.T) for Lai Mohammed side
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by magiki(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2018
buddenlove:

No!
similar story was shared on the pulpit by MFM GO, pastor D.K Olukoya.
A nasty story from a Lekki family.
The groom mum followed the new couple in their matrimonial home the same night and requested by force to sleep there.
The marriage ended few weeks later.

OK, noted
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Accipetex(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2018
I have attended many weddings but two makes me laugh when I remember what happened during the ceremony.
1. This one happened at Enugu during my school days, we attended a lodge mate's sisters wedding, the guy was gentle but had a notorious cultist as roommate, so all of us went for the wedding. The DJ off music when ceremony was not over because he was requesting for the balance of his payment, the groom got angry and was shouting at him, their two shouted at each other, the bride started crying and begging the husband not to fight the DJ on their wedding arena, our cultist Lodge mate saw his roommate sister crying and asked what the issue was, his roommate told him what happened. He immediately rushed the DJ kick him without uttering a word, the DJ tried to run but the cultist ADC grab him and they started beating him mercilessly, I rushed to beg them to leave the DJ but they were now already putting hands in his pockets to collect his phones, money and other valuables. Some people that know the DJ saw what was now happening and came to his rescue and stop the cultists from stealing the DJ's treasures, they started breaking bottles and it now turned to a cult clash. Before then the celebrants had already left the arena in tears, other guests ran for their lives, the DJ saw the smallest opportunity and ran away also. That's how the wedding ended. Before we traveled back to school we visited the new couples and the groom was very happy with us, he thanked the cultist personally for disciplining the DJ, they gave us #5000 and hot drink, we left happily and tried to share the money but the cultist said no that we should do that when we get to school. We entered bus and he bought tickets for the four of us, when we got to school he said him and his friend were the people that fought the DJ so no one should ask for the remaining money. Me and the other guy respected ourselves and went to our various rooms in peace. This is the end of the first story.

2. This one happened early this January in my community. I attended a friends wedding and on getting there I saw the bride and groom dancing in with the bridal crew, men on suit, family and friends without music, I was surprised and asked what happened but then I was told the DJ was having some technical challenges so the decided to dance in with the other people doing their wedding closer to them since it was an open field and several other weddings were going on in the same venue. The thing was so funny as the sound of the music from the other wedding was very low here and coming in you will be imagining weda they are dancing to the song of their ancestors cos you won't understand what's happening unless you are told. Again they have to stop dancing whenever the mc the other side tells DJ to stop. It continued for a while till the DJ fixed whatever was the problem. The ceremony later became very hot as the wedding attracted the elites in the community, the bride and groom also had enough time to dance later

8 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by cassyrooy(m): 11:09am On Feb 26, 2018
31 Dec., 2011was my sister's Traditional Wedding!

While the cooking was going on at the back very early in the morning, with everyone lending their human capacity and resources to prepare food early, my Aunty(My Uncle's wife, whom was most disliked for her negative joke and severe bad character and attitude) was busy shelving everything that remains, rice, egusi, fish, crayfish, meat, pomo, maggi, salt, tomatoes, just mention it.

I took notice and informed my mom who quickly alerted my sister, 5mins later, we started cooking everything even when advised against doing so cos people might not turn up as expected (it being a trad wedding).

At the end, we delayed by 1+. Wedding started and the whole village flocked everywhere and the food was more than enough to go round in sufficient. My aunts face was stiff like fried meat, and it would have been a disaster if no one discovered what was happening.

My mom cried cos of the embarrassing show that was averted, well that my Aunt was later nicked Boko Haram(by me grin) and only very few family members actually knows the true identity of the person behind the name.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by begwong: 11:23am On Feb 26, 2018
hoebamaa:
As a professional photographer I have witness so many wedding dramas..But this am about to share got me crying... The wedding was conducted in an open field,As the event was going on a vehicle that was been parked close where the bride family sat down moved an kill the bride mother and her sister instantly..
If u are not lying then na village people hand. But come first na trailer dem park wey roll target bride moda?
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by hoebamaa(m): 11:32am On Feb 26, 2018
begwong:

If u are not lying then na village people hand. But come first na trailer dem park wey roll target bride moda?
What joy will I drive from lying?
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Adukey(f): 11:32am On Feb 26, 2018
Oluhills007:
Well the one I heard is really funny...the husband came really late to the wedding service as he was held up in traffic although he didn't explain immediately ...and the bride's brother slapped him...Omo see fight....naso we discover say groom wear dirty boxers and singlet

please, don't kill me with laugh o

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by kikilove(f): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2018
This happened in benin some years back.The groom had a B.E party a day to the wedding and drank to stupor out of joy.The next morning he literally couldn't wake up.The grooms men woke him up,helped him into the shower and dressed him up.He got to the church about two hours late after the bride has cried her eyes out.He walked in wearing dark glasses and being supported on both sides by two groomsmen,according to them he couldn't walk on his own.That was how he was held up until the pAstor performed the service quickly.U need to see the wedding photos the bride couldn't stop crying lolz

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Colourful World Of More Concert On November 3, 2013 / Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused / Groom Carries His Bride On Okada Into The Church In Makurdi(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.